Teva Clonazepam Discontinued Group

[Sc...]

Has anyone tried the new Teva 2mg K? My CNS got destabilized due to a lot of stress this summer.

My 92 year old Mom had to have 2 major abdominal surgeries. She was in the hospital a week and then I took care of her for 17 days 24/7. I was tapering at the time, on hold, but continued as I took care of her. I should have realized, but it was so intense. I was taking my old Teva at the time and I did sleep well when I did get to sleep. I was exhausted and after getting home I got a UTI which was cultured. Had to take Amoxicillin and Augmentin which are GABA antagonists. A week after finishing the Augmentin I had insomnia, anxiety, muscle pain and twitching, tinnitus and other withdrawal symptoms. I believe the stress and antibiotics did a number on my brain.

I tried the Brand of which I have been taking at night. I did up dose also. It is very short acting, unlike the old Teva. I had to add a dose in the am also. I have a lot of new Teva 2mg and feel like I should try to get adjusted to that. I need to quit changing the brands and messing my brain up more. I am sure I need to give it more time. Any advise would be appreciated. I was doing great until May, when my Mom got sick.

Thanks and God Bless,

Dana

I know this is an older post, but how are you doing? I am sorry about your Mom, mine passed this past year.

Were you able to switch ok?  I had to switch to brand name K, and I noticed it’s much shorter acting than the Mylan brand. I thought it was tolerance, but now realize it may be more of an interdose wd issue doesn’t me. I kept updosing to stabilize but it never happened. I started tapering and interdose revving up quickly.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [In...]

• [Du...]

• [NJ...]

• [Li...]

Top Posters In This Topic

I am taking the Brand. I still am affected by the antibiotic induced setback. I was doing very well until then. I believe the Brand is shorter acting than the old Teva.  I have old and new Teva. I am tempted, once again to give them a try. Not sure yet.

Dana:

Are you on 1 mg teva or .5 mg. I take .5 mg and found them interchangeable with .5 brand. I was a mess for many months after taking an antibiotic while tapering. Unfortunately, sometimes we need the antibiotics.

Hello, Dana and NJstrength!

I had the same experience as NJstrength in terms of 0.5mg of Genentech/Roche (brand) being interchangeable with 0.5mg of Teva.

Are you still using propylene glycol to make a homebrew liquid, Dana?  If so, I have new information you might be interested in.

Hi NJ,

Right now I am on brand and have been since August. I used to take 2mg Teva at night and was slowly tapering. After the antibiotic mess, they stopped working, but it was the messed up receptors.

They are old, but my pharmacist says they probably are fine. I fine the Brand is not as good as Teva, so I may try it again. I have the new ones, but have never really given them time. I have had so much going on with my Mom and then the antibiotics. I am glad that they both work for you! You don't notice any difference? I think the .5mg Teva work fine, but the 1 and 2mg have not been as good from what I have read. I say, Better Days Ahead! :)

Hi Libertas,

I have been crushing and weighing my morning and afternoon pills. I take a whole on at night plus a little bit more, which I have to crush. Well, today I got some Teva out and made a liquid batch to try!

It is funny that you asked me that. I would be very interested in any new info you have. I am at my wits end. Doing so well until the antibiotics. I was dosing once a day and now it is 3. I have to get down to 2 and sit and then down the road, just do a bedtime dose. I never dreamed this would happen.

Praying that you are doing well.

God Bless you and NJ :)

Hi NJ,

Right now I am on brand and have been since August. I used to take 2mg Teva at night and was slowly tapering. After the antibiotic mess, they stopped working, but it was the messed up receptors.

They are old, but my pharmacist says they probably are fine. I fine the Brand is not as good as Teva, so I may try it again. I have the new ones, but have never really given them time. I have had so much going on with my Mom and then the antibiotics. I am glad that they both work for you! You don't notice any difference? I think the .5mg Teva work fine, but the 1 and 2mg have not been as good from what I have read. I say, Better Days Ahead! :)

Hi Libertas,

I have been crushing and weighing my morning and afternoon pills. I take a whole on at night plus a little bit more, which I have to crush. Well, today I got some Teva out and made a liquid batch to try!

It is funny that you asked me that. I would be very interested in any new info you have. I am at my wits end. Doing so well until the antibiotics. I was dosing once a day and now it is 3. I have to get down to 2 and sit and then down the road, just do a bedtime dose. I never dreamed this would happen.

Good luck. For me, noticed no difference in the .5 between brand and teva. Can you get your doctor maybe to just prescribe the .5 mg and do all your doses from that. Also be kind to yourself .. sounds like you have a lot going on.

NJ,

I sure wish that I could get the .5mg, but I on too much for her to write for that. I am pretty she would not, but I could be wrong. Believe me, I have thought of that for a long time. Years ago, when I was doing great on my taper and much lower, I did use 1 and .5mg. I forgot what year, but Teva quit making 1mg, at least here in NF and I had to go to 2mg. Over the years because of stress with my Mom getting older and my brother who is in an ALF, I had to up dose to deal with it.

I know that you have been under much stress with your son and I am happy he is doing better!

Hopefully, I can get to the point to where I can get the Teva .5mg.

Take care. :)

I wish it were easier too, Dana.  It’s beyond frustrating that diazepam, lorazepam, and alprazolam are available as FDA-approved oral solutions in the US but clonazepam is not.  I use a professionally prepared, potency- and stability-tested 0.1mg/mL oral suspension made with brand Klonopin tablets as the drug source.

Libertas,

Thanks for the great information. I may talk with my compounding pharmacist who does my hormones and see exactly how they prepare their solutions.

Again, greatly appreciated.

God Bless,

Dana

Hi NJ,

Hi Libertas,

Good luck. For me, noticed no difference in the .5 between brand and teva. Can you get your doctor maybe to just prescribe the .5 mg and do all your doses from that. Also be kind to yourself .. sounds like you have a lot going on.

Hi NJ,

I talked to my pharmacist and the Dr. office. The plan is to do Teva .5mg along with Brand 1mg so it will be so much easier. No more crushing meds for a while. I did not know if they write for different strengths and my pharmacist told me it is done all of the time. She is faxing over the 2 script request and hopefully I will be able get stable now. Thanks for letting me know! BTY, my pharmacist used to be on a mg of k and she got off a couple of years C/T. She had no idea of the torment. She can sure empathize with us.

God Bless,

Dana :)

Hi NJ,

Hi Libertas,

Hi NJ,

I talked to my pharmacist and the Dr. office. The plan is to do Teva .5mg along with Brand 1mg so it will be so much easier. No more crushing meds for a while. I did not know if they write for different strengths and my pharmacist told me it is done all of the time. She is faxing over the 2 script request and hopefully I will be able get stable now. Thanks for letting me know! BTY, my pharmacist used to be on a mg of k and she got off a couple of years C/T. She had no idea of the torment. She can sure empathize with us.

God Bless,

Dana :)

Dana, that must be so comforting to know your pharmacist understands  :).  Glad you got a good prescription for you.  It would be great if we all had one medical professional that understands.  You are very lucky!    :D

Hi Mary,

I feel Blessed to have great pharmacists and a wonderful IM. I started the .5mg tab Teva and I was feeling better. Having some symptoms today, but it probably will take a while to adapt to the change. I don't want to get discouraged and know that this something I will have to ride out until I stabilize.

Hope you are doing well.

God Bless,

Dana

• 2 weeks later...

How are people that were on teva 0.5 kpin crossed off when discontinued & crossed back now onto the new 0.5mg kpin doing?

I'm crossing back from solco.

Thx, SC

• 1 month later...
Hopefully someone sees this. I’ve was reinstated on activist klonopin 2 1/2 years ago. The only one I’ve ever used. I never fully stabilized but functional most of the time. I think about 6 weeks ago I went into tolerance and was going to up my dose but don’t know if it was that or severe hormone problems. I’m 45 so about that time with whacked out periods. Saturday I had to switch to teva because activist discontinued. Sunday best day in a long time minor wave didn’t last long so Monday to yesterday at noon bad wave starts but ends at 439 dose felt great all other times. Today wave starts at noon and I’ve been sick since. Weak. Heart palps. Off balance. Head ache. What is weird is Saturday night when I took my first dose I got high and the next morning dose which that hasn’t happened in two years. Would the new teva maybe be stronger or maybe I just need time to adjust. I don’t know if I’m still in tolerance or if it’s just the change. Any input would be great.

• 2 months later...

I hope and Pray that all here are doing better with your brands.

I started on .5mg Teva brand this past January and 1mg Roche Brand. I have been feeling pretty bad the past 3 months with my gut and noticed my anxiety level was up a bit. This past 2 weeks have been pretty bad. Yucky withdrawal symptoms.

I was wondering if anyone here takes the brand Roche .5mg klonopin and how good is it?

I am trying to figure out what the heck is causing this. I did a cut back a couple of months ago and it was not fun. It was only 4% of my dose. I am so very sensitive to any changes.

I wish Teva had never changed their formula, but I can dwell on that. I was doing so well, as many others here.

Thanks for any help. Greatly appreciated.

Dana

Hello, Dana.  I’m glad to hear from you but sorry you are not feeling well. 

Am I understanding you correctly that you are using a combination of 1mg brand Klonopin tablets and 0.5mg generic Teva tablets?  If so, have you considered switching to either all brand Klonopin or all Teva generic?  The brand and generic use slightly different formulations.  You can look up the ingredients for both on DailyMed at https://dailymed.nlm.nih.gov/dailymed/.

My pharmacist uses brand Klonopin in my compounded suspension and I have had no issues with it.  My understanding is that Teva returned to using its original formulation for clonazepam tablets after the Activas debacle.

Are you still making and using a homebrew liquid to taper? I ask because some of the “recipes” for clonazepam homebrew liquids shared here and elsewhere may have issues.

Hi Libertas,

Yes, I am using a combo of the .5mg Teva and the 1mg Brand Roche. I also have the 2mg Roche of which I have used. I also have the new Teva 2mg generic. I tried that back in 2019, but it is not like the old. Maybe I didn't give long enough. It seems that the Roche does not last long, like the Teva.

I am truly at a loss, but Praying that I will get a revelation into why this happening.

I have been under tremendous stress with my Mom, and brother, as you can relate. I really over do it.

I am wondering if the extreme stress has affected this. Also, last August, I had the antibiotic induced setback.

My gut is a mess and that is how this started. I have lost 5 lbs quickly. I have a history of gastritis and 2 ulcers.

I may try the Teva brand 2mg at night and stick with just Teva.

I am not doing the liquid.

I appreciate your concern and response. Ive tried so hard, but due to stressors out of my control, it seems futile at this point to make anymore cuts. I cut back in March and maybe I am still struggling with that, along with the stress.

I Pray that you are doing well.

Thanks again and God Bless,

Dana 

My heart hurts for you, dear Dana.  You have had so many intense stressors for such a long time.  I think you are wise to question whether you should continue your taper. I also wonder if there are steps you could take to eliminate or at least reduce some of the stressors? I’ve included two resources from The Withdrawal Project in hope they might be of help.

Is the Time Right For Me to Taper?

https://withdrawal.theinnercompass.org/prepare/step-9-time-right-me-taper

Inventory Exercise: Responsibilities, Tasks, and Possible Solutions

https://withdrawal.theinnercompass.org/prepare/inventory-exercise-responsibilities-tasks-and-possible-solutions

Hi Libertas,

Thank you so very much for your support and compassion.You are an awesome woman.

Yes, the stressors have been going on for years. I was doing great after reinstatement from a horrific c/t. It took a few years to feel normal and that was with tapering, which was crazy. I was on a very rigid forum that dictated what you should do. I even tried to cross to V and that was a disaster.

A lot of wasted time. I left that forum and they fell apart eventually. I held my taper for a year and then proceeded. I was doing good until my Mom started having  problems back in 2009.  Cancer, stroke, falling, rehab, etc. Of course, I had my brother to deal with and still do. My husband had to have a laminectomy. One thing after another. I was also working PRN. Just too much.

I now have my Mom here and my brother is in another city in an ALF. I am 67 and never dreamed that I would be dealing with so much stress. Of course, our receptors are so sensitive and it seems with age, it gets worse.

I kept plugging along and last year made a cut and then my Mom  had a prolapsed rectum and had to have major surgery. I had to take care of here for almost 3 weeks. Fortunately, being an RN helped, but it was not any easier. Instead of cutting, I should have left well enough alone, but there is a reason for everything. My brother also was in the hospital for subdural hematoma, because of a fall. He also has COPD. It was intense.

I finally got home and was exhausted. I love to ride my bike and I took a ride and a got a UTI. I was 2 beta lactam antibiotics and after that, the K just stopped working. That is where I had to up-dose and try to figure out how to get out of withdrawal. It has been a wild ride and I am just weary.

I read the articles and they are great. I so appreciate that. Thank you.

I have tried so hard to get off, yet to no avail. I would have to have total peace and quiet in order to start a taper, again. For now, that is not happening, but I am starting to take care of me more and set the boundaries. Maybe, one day I can start again and very slow. Only time will tell. I am driven to get off of this as I did not need it. I have been on it for 23 years. Long time.

I always say that there is hope.

Thanks again,

Dana

I finally realized that I haven't and don't do well at all with the Roche brand.

It seems more fast acting, potent, but it wears off very quickly. I read all of the posts on this thread and it was like a revelation. Quite a few folks did not do well with it.

I got the new Teva 2mg in 2019, but had old Teva left and I took those until my antibiotic induced setback. It just quit working.

I also got the Roche back in 2019, thinking that was the answer. I stuck with the old.

I really never gave the new 2mg Teva a chance. I got my Dr to order the .5mg and was taking that along with the Roche at night. I was not doing well.

This is my second night taking the 2mg and one .5mg Teva. I feel better. I am not having panic and horrific withdrawal like I was. I know that I have to give it time, but feel like this is the answer.

I know most everyone is way beyond this by now. I loved the old Teva and had taken for so many years, but this is much better than the Roche for me.

Hopefully, once stabilized again, I can start a micro taper.