Teva Clonazepam Discontinued Group

[Sc...]

Lynne,

Some people updose 10 percent or so when changing generics, since the strength can vary. Don't know if your dr. would support that or not. I do think it is easier to taper when you are somewhat stable.

I am in the process of switching to brand ... I do have some insurance coverage, which surprised me my plan isn't that good, so it is $37.50 a month (75 for 60 .5 mg pills). I don't know if people have checked their insurance or not ... I just assumed no coverage, so was thrilled to see this. I am doing every other day right now teva/brand and so far so good. Going to begin to space out two days brand/one day teva next week.

I am sorry that everyone is going through this. It is another motivation for me to get off if I can.

Lynn, I’m sorry your suffering. Thanks forvsharing your story sorry I don’t have better advice.

NJ what I was trying to explain in lhsg is I’m not sure if I have to have my doctor write a letter of medical necessity to get cost down on Branford k or if can just call & ask insurance what the cost would be if he did or what? what did you do? I don’t want to give insurance a heads up & say something wrong that could mess up my case. What did you do, Just call & ask your insurance the cost? So glad it’s covered for you. You certainly deserve a break.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [In...]

• [Du...]

• [NJ...]

• [Li...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Scardie,

I just had my dr. do dispense as written and when I picked it up it was $75 instead of the $175 I was expecting when I called CVS and asked how much it would be.

Your insurance company would likely be the place to call to see; I hadn't had time for that. Just ask what the cost would be. I don't think you need to worry about anything or saying the wrong thing. If there is no coverage than ask if your doctor would need to get approval and what would be required.

This is what I would suggest .... others might have more knowledge.

Since Teva stopped making clonazepam I’ve had Actavis, Accord and Northstar and have problems with all of them. Would paying for the brand name Klonopin be worth it? Also a compounding pharmacy said I could buy get klonopin from them with no fillers but I would have to pay for them to buy a whole bottle of it for $700 then each time I get a script filled it would be about $60-75. They could make the capsules any strength which I thought would be great for tapering. I’m not sure what to do but I think I’m allergic to the fillers and dyes too. I plan to start tapering again from klonopin .5 mg twice a day soon and it would take til next June so it may be worth it to pay the money to not have to worry about inconsistency.

Thanks

Jo

Since Teva stopped making clonazepam I’ve had Actavis, Accord and Northstar and have problems with all of them. Would paying for the brand name Klonopin be worth it? Also a compounding pharmacy said I could buy get klonopin from them with no fillers but I would have to pay for them to buy a whole bottle of it for $700 then each time I get a script filled it would be about $60-75. They could make the capsules any strength which I thought would be great for tapering. I’m not sure what to do but I think I’m allergic to the fillers and dyes too. I plan to start tapering again from klonopin .5 mg twice a day soon and it would take til next June so it may be worth it to pay the money to not have to worry about inconsistency.

Thanks

Jo

I would try brand first before paying $700 for anything. I am tranisitioning to brand and not having any problems that I can tell.

Scardie,

I get the jaw clenching when things are bad. I got a dentist made mouth guard at night. I found with my last 5 week hold that it got better and it's been only here and there this last drop.

Thinking of you.

I was on Teva clonazepam .5 mg twice a day for a few months then it got switched to Accord and I thought I was allergic to the dye in it I felt so awful, itchy crawly, digestive issues and bloating. Then I went into mental hospital and they used their own klonopin and that was different manufacturer then she I came out I went back to my Accord pills. But on my next refill it was Northstar. Then it switched to Accord. I’ve been feeling in withdrawl for months and psychiatrist said that’s impossible while I’m on it. I didn’t think the generic change was an issue other than they dyes. The psychiatrist in the hospital said I’m not reacting to the dyes but never mentioned the percent of klonopin could be different. Then he put me on Seroquel 25 mg while in the hospital for 4 days and I had a bad reaction to it and once again the manufacturer of clonazepam was changed during this time. I was having eye twitching and muscle spasms and depersonalization and phobias. Still have some of that two weeks later. But then I had a vaginal exam with ob/GYN and he used lubricating gel which I think had propylene glycol and I had a bad reaction. I think I caused nerve damage and loss of sensation. I think all of this is because of being in constant withdrawal State from inconsistent dosage of clonazepam even within the same day because of different manufacture’s pills taken even in same day. Now I’m left with burning, red sensitive skin especially to the sun and heat, I don’t sweat, I overheat and have constant racing heart and such severe pain down the center of my chest toward the left like from my heart to my bladder which is so bloated and I can’t even feel the urge to urinate. My mouth is super sensitive and feels torn up all the time my tongue burns and face and cheeks hurt and left jaw and ear pain. I have goosebumps all the time and no moisture in my skin and it’s super sensitive and I can’t regulate my body temperature. My nervous system is so hypersensitive. Could all this be withdrawl while on clonazepam? Last week I did try to liquid taper and took 4 doses like that and got down from 1 mg to .995 mg over a day and a half but had massive panic attack and went back to my regular dosage in pill form. So is switching to liquid and tapering that amount then going back to regular dose in tablets after a couple days what has caused this? How do I get stable? My regular psychiatrist said generic brands can differ up to 10% of klonopin and will prescribe the brand name from now on and to go up to .75 mg at night and .5 mg in day. So that is another updosed within a week. What should I do? I’m desperate and my skin and mouth and tongue burning is just plain suffering.

Thanks

Jo

I would think that moving to brand and the updose would help you. I would stabilize on that for a while and then start your taper. I think the brand feels stronger. Good luck.

How long is a good stabilizing time for changing manufacturers? I never feel stabilize on the meds but I waited three weeks after my manufacturer change and I am unable to cut so guesssing I need longer.

Jlav,

I see you posted on here and on KKKlub #2 also. I’ve had a very strange experience with these generic Ks.

So I started out on Actavis several years back. Got a lot of tapering done at that point. Then got switched to Sandoz. I could feel it was a weaker clonazepam so I held it for quite awhile until w/d sx subsided. Can’t even remember how long that took. I think that is the “key” though. Try to wait till w/d sx subside before cutting.

If the new one feels stronger, I can only guess. That would be an updose which you might also feel. Don’t know if you’d feel better or what. Some people do feel better on an updose while others can feel worse. It’s always a matter of adjustment when manufacturers change for those of us that feel the difference.

Thank you so much for your reply. I am never really stable in the drug so the key for me is to find what is normal symptoms and what is symptoms of cutting before used to new manufacturer.

For me, I crossed over from xanax which was rough because doc didn’t know a thing and neither did I.

I did finally have some stability on Actavis clonazepam, but had a lot of w/d type sx. So for me, a cluster of negative type sx kind of constitutes stability for me.

But the strange experience I’ve had is going from Actavis to Sandoz to Actavis to Sandoz. And now on on my 5th cross back to Actavis.

Seems like the best thing is to “weather the storm” and get off as safely as possible.

How long is a good stabilizing time for changing manufacturers? I never feel stabilize on the meds but I waited three weeks after my manufacturer change and I am unable to cut so guesssing I need longer.

It’s been over 2 months since I switched from teva and I am still unable to stabilize and start cutting again.

When I was taking Clonazepam, Teva was the only one that helped me. The others weren’t effective or made me spazz out. I am no longer on any now so I don’t have the hassle of making sure the pharmacy has only Teva for me now. 🙌🏽

It’s been over 2 months since I switched from teva and I am still unable to stabilize and start cutting again.

Have you considered a small updose to get stable?

Have you considered a small updose to get stable?

Yes I went up 5% and it didn’t help..... hoping I stabilize in a month or so

I also went back on brand K again for the second time hoping it would work better this time, been on the brand K for a little over 2 weeks now. Can’t tell if actavis or brand K is better, they feel about the same to me. Was wondering if I could have a compound pharmacy make me a batch using the same inactive ingredients as the teva clonazepam. Not sure how compounding pharmacies work

I also went back on brand K again for the second time hoping it would work better this time, been on the brand K for a little over 2 weeks now. Can’t tell if actavis or brand K is better, they feel about the same to me. Was wondering if I could have a compound pharmacy make me a batch using the same inactive ingredients as the teva clonazepam. Not sure how compounding pharmacies work

Hm..sorry again for your struggles..do please let us know if you take the compounding route, how that works out. Hang in there, friend, hang in there.

Sorry to hear that Dub but it’s lets me know I am not alone and need more time.. I have updosed 10% before after a cut on Teva I did to close to the last one and it seemed to make me a tad worse so I am hesitant to try it but it may be an option.

Dub and Jval,

I’ve never used a compounding pharmacy before so I’m don’t know much about them. I’m not sure if they can get Teva ingredients or what. I suppose they’d have to contact Teva themselves to find out.

I try to avoid updosing myself. I don’t think it did work out for me in the past.

Dub and Jval,

I’ve never used a compounding pharmacy before so I’m don’t know much about them. I’m not sure if they can get Teva ingredients or what. I suppose they’d have to contact Teva themselves to find out.

I try to avoid updosing myself. I don’t think it did work out for me in the past.

A compounding pharmacy near me has to buy the bottle of the clonazepam powder and I’d have to pay for that bottle $575 just once then each refill after it would about $125. They could keep all inactive ingredients out and just use cellulose and make any dosage you want in capsules. Super expensive. I asked about its potency and you’d have to pay $300 to make sure if your script is for .5 mg that you are actually getting .5 mg. They said they are generally within 1%-2% of it.

Jo

Well,

If a person had the money for all this, it might be worth it. At least you’d know you were getting the same thing for each refill provided you felt the pharmacy was reliable.

The certainty and uncertainty is always there even with a new batch of the same drug anyone gets with a refill no matter who makes it.

There are real, live people making these drugs whether it’s in a factory setting or a compounding pharmacy.

Even the branded drugs are made by real people so the same idea apples there also.

“Teva had povidone in it which made the pill release slower sorta like a extended release. The other brands do not have this so when you take the other brands it dumps the entire amount of clon in your system at once and makes you tired for a few hours then the anxiety comes back.” this is something I saw someone post earlier on another site. I always thought it’s the povidone in teva that made it feel different as well if you look at other brands inactive ingredients they are all the same expect they don’t have povidone. Very interesting

Ok so I just spoke with teva and they said they are still making the 1mg teva and it is on backorder and should be available by the end of August. But they said the .5 Is completely gone and replaced with the actavis. This is very interesting because I thought the 1 mg was gone too even thought it still shows up on their site. Then again who knows they have lied to me in the past.