Important Survey - Please Participate ×
Dr. David Healy - Raising Awareness of Inappropriate or Harmful Deprescribing Practices ×

Teva Clonazepam Discontinued Group

[Sc...]

Bballmom: In two weeks I hope to begin dropping .001 every third or fourth day, so hoping to match your speed. Now just restarting my taper at .001 mg drop a week in pill weight.

Intend: I agree that more needs to be done to support people tapering and getting off safely without undue hardship. I really wish there was more research; I have to believe there are better ways to get off these drugs, but how could big pharma get involved in that, that is counter to their whole industry. Even if they made pills in smaller strengths so we wouldnt have to do all these crazy cuts or liquid tapers. It is so frustrating. I have been utilizing the last month or so the medical marijuana and it really is helping, but it is all trial and error and I am terrified of becoming addicted to another thing, but at this point have to rely on it as the nausea was just so bad, I could not go on like that, it lasted seven months!

Anyway, hope all of us klonopin warriors continue to fight.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [In...]

• [Du...]

• [NJ...]

• [Li...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Nj- I find that my speed is super conservative. I’ve toyed with the idea of trying every third day reducing.001 g. I’ll see how it goes. Good luck to you!

NJ,

I often think of posting over on the Chewing the Fat side or Benzos in the news about this slow and safe tapering. It makes no sense to have any group that is warning about the dangers of benzos and get these continuous affirmations from people here. We already know this or we wouldn’t be here.

I do realize that a lot of this is promotion and recruitment for “the cause.” But for some people it is frightening that they wouldn’t be allowed the time they need to taper.

I do have my moments when I get fed up and I have tried to politely emphasize the slow and safe tapering. But there are times when I get quite annoyed by all this, and then I make cynical comments. I’ve actually gotten in hot water for that so I do try to be careful.

As far as the mj, if you’re judious about using it I doubt you’ll get addicted. I’m not even sure it is that addictive. I was going to ask my grandson about this because we went to dinner, but I forgot. I googled it then, but it has all this info about samsa and says that about 30% of users can become addicted. I wouldn’t worry too much about it. It’s not like you’re using it all day long. I’ve known many people in college and afterwards who smoked it constantly. And they had no trouble stopping it.

I think you’re using it just the way you should. It’s a good substitute for all kinds of medical needs. Not really a substitute anymore. Just a practical solution.  :smitten: :smitten:

Just writing in to let everyone know I finally did the full switch over to Actavis. I went for about 2 weeks doing AM Actavis and PM Mylan. I am feeling good. The switch from Teva to Mylan was rocky but the switch from Mylan to Actavis has been much smoother. I told you guys I would let you know how it went. Fingers crossed it stays good.

I am reducing .001 g. every 4th day. It's a slow microtaper but allows me to feel like ME.

Hey congrats!! That’s so exciting, always gives me hope knowing ppl do well w/o teva! How long have you been on actavis by itself now.

Bballmom

Glad to hear it is going so well. I was cutting .001 every 5 th day before the manufacture change and it was going good for me. I didn’t care how slow it was I just wanted it to be manageable. I changed to Solco 7 weeks ago and am not yet able to cut. I am beginning to wonder how long this will take as I am not seeing any sign of improving.

Ok I still find it strange how teva was the only manufacturer that had povidone in their clonazepam. It is used in extended release tablets, if you compare the ingredients between even Tylenol extended release vs normal Tylenol you will see that the difference is that the extended release contains povidone. Maybe that’s why some of us are having such a hard time adjusting. What I’m still curious to know is if a compounding pharmacy would be able to make clonazepam tablets with povidone.

NJStrength, are you using a gram scale for your dry taper of clonazepam?

Lynn, yes using a gram scale. Going to keep going with what works, hopefully all the way down. I am sure it is not 100 percent accurate but it is good enough.

Intend, I am actually using the medical marijuana every day, twice a day. The nausea is just horrific without it. I use two drops of an alcohol tincture during the day, about 20 drops at night to help me sleep. Have been using it at this pace for about a month and it looks like I have an almost full bottle left, so it really is not that much. I am going to try to not take it on weekends but I also don't want every weekend to suck! After feeling nauseous every day for seven months, I need this break in order to push forward. I am never "altered" during the day ... even at night at that dosage I still feel normal, don't think my kids know I am using.

NJ,

Like I mentioned yesterday, most people smoked a lot of mj in my college days, did get wired, and then stopped with no problem later on.

I’m not very knowledgeable about these tinctures, but it doesn’t sound like much to me. I smoked some mj myself during my college days, and I did feel wired or altered. I get the same reaction by drinking a 4 ounce glass of wine.

Medical marijuana is used for so many things these days that I can’t imagine people don’t know what they’re doing when they make up these tinctures.

I think you’re fine using it. Here in Utah, it’s just starting to be debated. And as far as your kids, I don’t think they need to know. Parents don’t tell their kids everything. You’re not using this to get “high,” Its medicinal.  :smitten:

Dub city That is so interesting about the extended release. Anyone know of a brand that has this in it?

Dub what brand are you taking now?

Could you all share what brand you have switched to and how it is going? Wondering if I should try a different one. It’s been 7 weeks and still bedbound with lots of adrenaline surges several times a night that Ian ignore I actually go to sleep.

Could you all share what brand you have switched to and how it is going? Wondering if I should try a different one. It’s been 7 weeks and still bedbound with lots of adrenaline surges several times a night that Ian ignore I actually go to sleep.

No other generic and not even the brand k has povidone in it. I’m on the brand K right now and it’s nog helping at all. It’s been a little over 3 months since Being off teva and still not getting any relief, in fact feel worse..... smh. Perhaps it’s time for a little updose for me not sure what else to do...

Hi jlavogt,

I switched from Teva(had been takingbdaily for 8 years)to solco once for a short while, ~6/6 during too large of a dry cut, when teva started their discontinuation mess. I reinstated found some 1mg tevas left & got those~6/18. That teva lasted a month,but I’ve never been the same since all of these changes.~ 7/20-tried a partial fill of actavis, went even more downhill, 7/27-started solco & have stayed with it since. My already steady ever present depression deepened too much(scared me, so I started lexapro 8/4) still waiting for lexapro to work & the only reason I didn’t keep switching back & forth between solco & actavis(really couldn’t make up my mood nd)is because I started the lexapro & then knew I had to narrow down all of my variables with anothervmed in the mix. It’s hard for me to give solco a fair assessment since the lexapro is in the mix & I had fatigue before all of this that’s just out of this world now on lexapro & seemed to increase, I think on solco. I don’t like the way the solco dissolve so rapidly in my mouth. Overall, I would say I’m more adjusted to it than I was for sure, but like I said I’m having lexapro start up side effects & am in a fog, so it’s hard to say. I’m very tired, I don’t understand all of benzo withdrawal sxs so sometimes I don’t know that I’m having them, like the worse depression for instance. I do have some morning anxiety still that could be 50/50 from crossover or lexapro. Have you tried actavis? Apparently some people do have to hold longer. I know it stinks. Hang in there. Best wishes, SC

Hi jlavogt,

I switched from Teva(had been takingbdaily for 8 years)to solco once for a short while, ~6/6 during too large of a dry cut, when teva started their discontinuation mess. I reinstated found some 1mg tevas left & got those~6/18. That teva lasted a month,but I’ve never been the same since all of these changes.~ 7/20-tried a partial fill of actavis, went even more downhill, 7/27-started solco & have stayed with it since. My already steady ever present depression deepened too much(scared me, so I started lexapro 8/4) still waiting for lexapro to work & the only reason I didn’t keep switching back & forth between solco & actavis(really couldn’t make up my mood nd)is because I started the lexapro & then knew I had to narrow down all of my variables with anothervmed in the mix. It’s hard for me to give solco a fair assessment since the lexapro is in the mix & I had fatigue before all of this that’s just out of this world now on lexapro & seemed to increase, I think on solco. I don’t like the way the solco dissolve so rapidly in my mouth. Overall, I would say I’m more adjusted to it than I was for sure, but like I said I’m having lexapro start up side effects & am in a fog, so it’s hard to say. I’m very tired, I don’t understand all of benzo withdrawal sxs so sometimes I don’t know that I’m having them, like the worse depression for instance. I do have some morning anxiety still that could be 50/50 from crossover or lexapro. Have you tried actavis? Apparently some people do have to hold longer. I know it stinks. Hang in there. Best wishes, SC

Hey SC, did you get any relief for that one month that you went back on the 1mg teva?

NJStrength, are you using a gram scale for your dry taper of clonazepam?

Lynn, yes using a gram scale. Going to keep going with what works, hopefully all the way down. I am sure it is not 100 percent accurate but it is good enough.

Intend, I am actually using the medical marijuana every day, twice a day. The nausea is just horrific without it. I use two drops of an alcohol tincture during the day, about 20 drops at night to help me sleep. Have been using it at this pace for about a month and it looks like I have an almost full bottle left, so it really is not that much. I am going to try to not take it on weekends but I also don't want every weekend to suck! After feeling nauseous every day for seven months, I need this break in order to push forward. I am never "altered" during the day ... even at night at that dosage I still feel normal, don't think my kids know I am using.

NJ,

Does your medical marijuana have THC and CBD or just CBD? What is the ratio?

Thanks

Jo

I was wondering about 4x a day also. I have just called my doc to get approved for brand name but if it isn’t helping you that is very discouraging. I held when I switched for 3 weeks then started to microtaper and it didn’t go well so after two weeks I updosed back to the amount I had tapered. I was thinking up updosing more but not sure how much to do. I am just miserable. Can I ask if you were in tolerance when you started tapering?

Hi jlavogt,

Thank you! No one in my town has Activis. I got excited thinking I would just switch to brand but it seems even those on brand are having problems. The only other option around here is accord. Which Inhave not heard good things about. I just don’t know what to do. It seems the less change the better and ride it out.

well i am on the fence once again..i can get my script filled on tuesday and if i go to cvs where i have been for yrs i can get activis and if i go to the grocery store pharmacy they have North Star does anyone know which is the closest to the teva brand?? I am really dreading this but i am fortunate to have 10 months to slowly change over but i am just afraid it will still bite me in the end..and if i take forever to change over then it will just be that much longer befor i can start this snail pace taper again and hope to not get so sick as i did a couple yrs ago..

thanks for any help or input

hope everyone is holding on as best they can ..and as they say this to shall pass.

deep

I read that activis is the closest thing to Teva with only two indregients being different. The dye they use to color it and activis doesn’t have the inactive ingredient providone.