Teva Clonazepam Discontinued Group

[Sc...]

So I was going to do brand but now cannot find it at any of the discount retailers where I saw the price online. Will need to pony up at CVS (if they even stock it--I asked the price but didn't ask if they actually have it there). It will be $100/month. Don't even know if it is worth it or not, but afraid to get on the generic merry go round when I am not doing well at all.

This is taking so much time ... when we don't feel well, spending time on stuff like this is crazy.

Haven't seen Scardie anywhere ... hope she is ok.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [In...]

• [Du...]

• [NJ...]

• [Li...]

Top Posters In This Topic

NJ,

My pharmacy didn't have brand K in stock so they just ordered it and it was ready the next afternoon.  Hopefully this alleviates some worry or having to think about the what ifs.  Hope you get good results with brand.  On the first day, it felt like an update but that passed and it's been smoother than generics.  Wishing you the best!  :smitten:

Uni

When I emailed Genentech, they emailed back, and said that all they needed was an order from my pharmacy.

I’ve wondered about Scaredie myself

Hi guys! I'm joining this thread as I am getting ready to switch to Actavis. Do you think I should just do a hard switch or do like my a.m. dose Actavis and evening Mylan? Maybe that will be smoother? IDK. I sure hope they keep the generic the same for a while after this switch. I see all of ya'll are going to brand. I can't afford that so not much choice here. Love to you guys! I'll keep you posted on how the switch goes.

bbmom,

I don’t know if I can afford the brand K either, so not sure exactly what I’m going to do.

I’ve had to do a lot of generic switches on clonazepam though.

I never tried a hard switch however. I sort of eased myself onto the generic I was changing to. I am doing a pill/liquid type taper right now and have been from the start of tapering. I’m not nearly as low in dose as you are, so I in your case I think I would try doing the Mylan in the am, and then the Actavis in the pm.

And I would do it that way for about 2 weeks, and then I’d take all Actavis for both doses after that.

I’m not an expert on any specific way to do this, but I do think generic switches can be hard on anyone’s CNS, so doing it gradually is possibly better.

Glad you were able to get the Actavis. I sure hope they keep these around for awhile also. As NJ points out, this is a generic merry go round and does waste a lot of time when people are already not feeling all that great. I know I’m upset and stressed myself.

Please do let people know how you’re doing.

Ok so I’ve been taking brand K since Saturday and I would say my symptoms got worse, I will give it another week then go back to actavis. Brand K is def not the same as teva.....

Dub,

Good to see you again. Sorry the brand K doesn’t seem to work out for you.

I guess this just shows how different we all are.

A few others here are taking brand K, and they are doing ok. It sure would be nice to get some kind of survey of what different kinds of K people here are taking.

I just don’t know how one would go about doing that.

Hope the Actavis works out fine for you. Please keep us posted about that here.

But as you mentioned, you’re going to try the brand for another week. So either way, please let us know.

The brand K feels extremely stimulating/ activating. Has the same effect of when starting a SSRI, almost like I’m on mdma. Not a good feeling, so my question for you guys is does this mean the K brand is stronger and I’m experiencing an updose? Or the opposite? Or maybe it’s not releasing as smoothly.

Dub,

Good to see you again. Sorry the brand K doesn’t seem to work out for you.

I guess this just shows how different we all are.

A few others here are taking brand K, and they are doing ok. It sure would be nice to get some kind of survey of what different kinds of K people here are taking.

I just don’t know how one would go about doing that.

Hope the Actavis works out fine for you. Please keep us posted about that here.

But as you mentioned, you’re going to try the brand for another week. So either way, please let us know.

Hey intend I would love to see a poll of what generic of Clonazepam ppl are taking. We should try and make one.... How are you doing Intend?

Dub, I’m doing ok.

I’m going to have to do another switch to another generic K.

I’m up for a poll myself as I said. I know on the titration section, Jim Hawk did a type of survey about people using liquid titration, what they used, and if they had any problems with doing liquid, and if they would recommend it to others. He got a lot of participants.

I’d sure like to do something like that, but not sure how and what section to do it.

Regarding your question about what it means about the brand K feeling activating, I tend to think it’s a stronger drug. I think the brand drug of any drug is stronger. So maybe it’s an updose. I’m not familiar with ADS. I did take celexa years ago because I was depressed over my throat disorder. It wasn’t very long that I tried it because I had just barely started it,

But I was at my daughters house, and she had this friend visiting, and this guy had tried every AD known to man at that time. He talked and talked about all of them while I just listened. And then he said the the only one he wasn’t comfortable taking was celexa. And I listened intently then. He said it made him feel like he was going to jump out of his skin.

And I thought “that’s how I feel myself.” It made me itch on my arms and I just felt super nervous. I stopped taking it that very day. No withdrawl effect at all. I felt way better. So I do understand what you mean about the brand K. I’m guessing it’s a much higher dose than your used to. I think there’s a middle ground between the generics and the brands. Actavis was an updose for me compared to Sandoz K. But it never affected the way your describing. I felt pretty good on it. And it’s a generic just like Sandoz is. So I’m thinking that there is a middle ground between Actavis K and Sandoz K. And the brand K is like a generic on steroids.

Maybe if you can stand this feeling for a little bit longer, it will work out for you. I hope I made some sense here.

I’m just slowly tapering the Sandoz K in very small amounts until I run out. I see my doctor on August 10th, and I have enough till then with some left, so then I guess I’ll go back to Actavis.

Let us know here how you’re feeling after that week is up if you can deal with a week. Let us know whatever you decide either way. Always good to hear from you.

I and e-mailed Teva again, telling them to bring back their teva clonazepam and that their actavis doesn't work as well. I will call them again tomorrow as well. Maybe if we all call and email enough they will finally do something about this who knows worth a shot. their motto is all about listening to their patients lmao.

Hey intend do you think The Klonopin Klub#2 would be a good place to post the poll? hasn't been very active as of late tho

Dub,

I’ve also noticed that the KKK#2 isn’t active much at all. It would be a good spot to do some kind of a poll, but I wonder if anyone would pay any attention.

When anyone replies/posts/starts a new topic on any part of the BB forum, it bumps that part to the top on the forum. So people might look at this support group since it would be at the top of the support groups, but may not understand why questions are being asked, or may not want to answer.

It’s a good idea for sure. But everyday, I scroll around the forum quickly, and I read people posting about not being able to obtain their particular generic of K and wondering why. And most if not all of them have never posted in the KKK#2. I’m not even sure that new folks first joining BB are directed to it. I’ve read a little in the Introductions sections, and several but not all are taking K. It’s a variety of all the different benzos from what I can tell.

Well, for now, Dub, let’s just focus on your reactions to brand K. A week will go by, and then I think you’ll know whether you want to continue to take it. For me, I’m not sure at all if I could afford it because I haven’t seen my doc yet and haven’t discussed it with him. He’s the one who would have to deal with the insurance company, and he’s a popular doc and busy as a bee.

Still wanted to know though how you are feeling with brand K after the next few days go by.

I have been on the Australian subsidiary company version of Mylan since being reinstated to K by the neurologist. Our only other choice is the non generic Rivotril.

I also have had low grade nausea with the Mylan & am finding the taper much harder than my previous valium taper but i am also in much worse shape after the severe dysautonomia since January & no doubt kindled again so who knows .

Would be interested to know if anyone has had any experience with Rivotril.

ihope,

As far as I know, there a few here in the US who are using the branded K called riviotril. Others are considering trying it.

I’ll let people speak for themselves. As you probably know, there is a preference in the US to use generic versions of any benzo, so folks do that unless prescribed for the brand by their doctor.

Rivotrol is very expensive here in the US, and some but not all insurance plans pay for it. Generic versions are much less expensive which is why they are preferred by the FDA and most patients.

Thanks Intend. Its thesame deal here re cost differential and i did not have problems with the generic valium.

Broke as I am, I would stretch to the rivotril if enough BBs here were having a smoother taper as like all of us, I am anxious to get off & worried at my lack of success in dose reduction since April.

ihope,

These generics can cause problems for anyone. I have literally been switched from Actavis clonazepam to Sandoz clonazepam to Actavis clonazepam to Sandoz clonazepam. So that’s 4 times, and Sandoz has discontinued making clonazepam (here at least), so now I’m facing another switch.

I’m super sensitized, have taken no other psychiatric meds, have never updosed, and kept the dose stable as I adjusted to each switch. This has really affected my CNS nevertheless, which is why I’m so sensitive. For me, going to branded K ( rivotril) would likely be an updose. But even though I think the “recipe” for it is high quality, it’s basically another switch for me.

Teva has discontinued their clonazepam here and is now using Actavis clonazepam. They own Actavis as a company and bought it in 2015-2016. It was a huge financial stretch for them, and threw chaos into Teva as a company. They had to restructure and have a new CEO who is known for successful restructures.

Since I’ve had to switch so much, I’ve tried to stay with the 2 clonazepams ive taken, but the effects have not been fun. I anticipate that what ever I have to take may cause me problems. I’m rather worried about that. I’m even afraid to check this out directly. But I can’t avoid it indefinitely. I’ll have to refill in a bit.

You probably read DubCity’s posts, so maybe his reactions to branded K are more pertinent than what I have to say. He found it activating and wasn’t thrilled with it, but said he’d give it some time. Others here seem fine on it. It’s always individual. We’re all different as you know.

Thanks for taking the trouble for such a detailed reply. It’s lousy that you have had this trouble given your otherwise straight forward benzo history.

My primary withdrawal symptoms are extreme fatigue & dysautonomia so asome activation is not an unappealing idea but its also true that i can have problems with coffee which i have persisted with in the hope that it might encourage GABA receptor growth.

I am not due for another neurologist visit for at least a month & fear that he may think im stockpiling if I ask for a Rivotril script. It would be so much easier if the professional prescribers did not tend to have a base position of incredulity about the individual vaguaries of the process and my neurologist is better than many.

Haven’t checked out Dub recently but will do so.

:smitten:

ihope,

I’m fated also. This Sandoz clonazepam has never been all that great for me, but at this point, Actavis worries me also.

I have a very rare breathing disorder called idiopathic subglottic stenosis and have had 14 surgeries to repair it. It’s another long story, but voices usually change with surgery for this problem since the surgeons move the vocal cords with a really hard case. And I was one of the worst.

As you know, benzos usually hit vulnerable spots and surgical spots, and so with each switch, my voice got weaker and weaker. I’m now down to a super weak voice in the mornings, and a whisper after I take the Sandoz dose. Who knows what will happen with the Actavis? Actavis was what I started with, and I did well, had very few problems tapering it, but now I’m in discomfort a lot.

These doctors can be unpredictable for sure. I’d just explain your thinking about rivotril. If it’s time for a refill, that’s not hoarding.

Let me know how this works out.

Sorry to hear about your voice surgery complications, you seem very stoic considering.

I definitely need to deal with this to see if i can get any improvement in quality of non-life at the moment but am so exhausted, i have to wait for one of my better days to have the energy to take on the system.

Will let you know when i can push myself to take action.

I called my pharmacist and he said that he gets whatever he can get and it varies--sometimes as often as within a month!

He said I am currently on Northstar.  Has anyone ever heard of this?  What do you think of it?  How does it relate in effectiveness compared to the one I've been hearing so much about--Teva?

My pharmacist was very impatient with me and insisted that the generic brands do not differ enough to cause a reaction.  Another pharmacist I called said that it could.  Who can you trust these days?

The second pharmacist, who was very helpful, suggested that I call my doctor and ask them to write a prescription for a 6 month supply.  I found out  my  insurance only will do for 3 months.

The pharmacist said that she has plenty of Teva.  I've never tried it but hear good things about it. 

Has anyone ever had a bad experience with Teva?  It seems so popular.

Thanks.

I am writing to report in on my cross switch to Actavis. This is my 4th day on taking Actavis in the AM and Mylan in the PM and I have NOT had any problems at all so far. I literally cannot tell the difference. So, that's a really great thing. I have not gone all Actavis yet, but will when my Mylan runs out.

Lynn, I was on Teva, then, Mylan and now Actavis and Actavis feels like Teva to me. Teva is really the gold standard in generic Klonopin in my opinion but they aren't making it any more. I'm afraid you will get on Teva and be switched around like the rest of us when they run out. Just be careful with that.

I'll update further when I am all the way on Actavis. Fingers crossed it won't be a problem!!

hey guys wanted to give an update, I went back on the actavis last wed. The brand K gave me horrible side effects, mainly being way too activating for me. I  was only on the brand K for 4 days then switched back to actavis, the actavis still isnt perfect either but closest thing ive found to teva. Not sure if i gave up on the brand K too fast and should have gave it more time for my body to adjust, was just to hard to handle all the activation. Not sure how long it's going to take my body to adjust and feel the same way i did on teva, i'm guessing 3 months for me. my doctor suggest trying valium since clonazepam isn't working for me anymore, but I have a feeling that would be way harder to adjust to. And im on such a low dose it wouldnt make sense.