Teva Clonazepam Discontinued Group

[Sc...]

So I have this continuously updating thread on my iPad about Teva Pharmaceuticals just to keep an eye out on how they’re doing on the stock market because making money for investors and thus the company is why any company stays in business.

And today I read that the FDA has issued a voluntary recall of heart meds (valsartan) made by Teva, Solco, and Major Pharmaceuticals because of a known carcinogen detected in these meds.

Well, I guess we can take comfort in knowing that at the least the FDA is checking on these generic drugs at the manufacturing level which is something they did not do hardly ever a few years back.

I hope someday I can just get past my “obsession” with Teva and generics in general. But with me, I do get a bit ocd about a lot of things.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [In...]

• [Du...]

• [NJ...]

• [Li...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, my local CVS's are now out of Teva... had the hopeful refill on my prescription today but they tried to give me Actavis even though the prescription said Teva specifically... pharmacist said can't get anymore. It's gone for them. They do have the Actavis 0.5mg locally.

nolongeranxiousbut,

That’s what I heard also here. I’ve not taken Teva as you know, but 2 CVS’s here in my area say same thing.

I do think all these switches have given me some kind of “fear type” situation though because I’m literally “extremely hesitant” to call or go to anymore pharmacies right now. Kind of a phone and pharmacy phobia type thing.

And I know you saw my post on my running thread about Teva and the stock market. Just checked again now, and they’re up from yesterday. Gotten real ocd about Teva for all the good it really does me.

I’m guess you’ll be switching to something else now. Don’t know what’s in your area as far as generic clonazepam. I guess Scaredie is trying Solco. She mentioned being in southeast area of US. I’m in mountain west. The CVS pharmacies use McKesson as wholesaler/distributor here. But they use other distributors in other states and have a private CVS owned distributor is some states. Amazing what one learns by calling and talking to pharmacies.

No, I luckily don't have to switch. I have enough Teva myself and so does my compounding pharmacy.... I actually got the refill transferred and filled at a mom and pop I used a little over a month ago... figured they might have as they got for me when CVS couldn't for  awhile... and they had to get the 1000 pill bottle. I have almost 200 1mg and so does my compounding pharmacy.

Well, you’re  set then.

As long as you have enough of what you’ve been on, you’re are truly good to go.

I’d expect your recovery from this “adventure” with benzos to be pretty good. You’re not a real long time user, you’re on your original benzo, and your going slow and being careful.

You’re doing things right here.

Except the microtaper and me didn't agree... perhaps went too fast and didn't hold quickly enough when the anxiety ramped up.. I've been holding 3 weeks and not doing great :-( and just decided to hold two more - my primary called in the compounding prescription as my pdoc is on short vacation.

Well, a microtaper does usually work unless you taper too much during that microtaper, or go too quickly.

Hard to keep track of what you’ve been doing (or anyone), but I think I read that you’d started this microtaper at .003 mg per day, and then dropped down to .001mg per day. I’m not sure if I’m right or not, but the important thing to remember is that every brain is different, and while .001 mg per day is a very low dose, your CNS is still noticing this.

At this point, you should probably hold on the lower dose and keep holding until things settle down.

No, I luckily don't have to switch. I have enough Teva myself and so does my compounding pharmacy.... I actually got the refill transferred and filled at a mom and pop I used a little over a month ago... figured they might have as they got for me when CVS couldn't for  awhile... and they had to get the 1000 pill bottle. I have almost 200 1mg and so does my compounding pharmacy.

WOW!! I’m sooo freakin jealous of everyone whose pharmacy still has teva clonazepam available. The pharmacy’s in my area have been out of it for over a couple months now. How are people still able to find teva?? Does anyone know any pharmacies in the Bay Area that still might have sum. Does anyone know if other pharmacy’s in different states would be able to mail it to me? Thanks y’all

I'm sorry, Dub.... but aren't you already transitioned ok to Actavis? Teva is discontinued so when supplies are gone they're gone... there are small pockets here and there but that's it and probably have to call around a lot. I was just lucky that the mom and pop was able to get that 1000 pill bottle last time to fill my prescription after CVS had temporarily run out and that they still had for this time.

hi Intend,

Yep, I'm holding... for another 2 weeks for a total of 5... hope that will be enough so I can start tapering again. The involuntary jaw clenching again during the day is the worst right now... which is crazy as it wasn't even around last week. Sigh. I had hoped it was gone for good. Still trying to decide if I should try the microtaper again with .001mg or just cut and hold like I had been doing although with lower percentage/lower dose when I start up again.

nolongeranxiousbut,

I never could do a daily taper that large; I mean even .001 mg. I had to work my way up to it. By that I mean start super low, repeat that super low 6 times, then move up. Then repeat that again 6 times.

Finally got to the .001mg, but got over confidant and did it too fast. Now I’m in a worse place than before because of all these switches back and forth. Still trying though. Feels like forever. And I always have to hold. So it’s basically been a microtaper all along with holding.

But you haven’t been on long, so I think you should just start lower as you said, continue the micro taper at that lower dose, and hold till you feel better. This could make a big difference.

Dub,

A lot of states have laws that do not permit anyone including a pharmacy to mail controlled substances across state lines. I know my state does.

I’d just be glad you’ve adjusted so well to Actavis.

Dub,

A lot of states have laws that do not permit anyone including a pharmacy to mail controlled substances across state lines. I know my state does.

Sad to tell you guys this but I’m actually not doing that well anymore which is really weird because I’ve been on actavis for over a month now and was doing great the first few weeks but now I’m not feeling good, been having really bad waves.... I feel very actavated. Nervous energy, poor sleep, lack of appetite, headaches, brain fog. Not 100% sure if this could be from the actavis, but that’s my guess since nothing I haven’t done anything else different. I’m going to try the brand K in a couple days but worried about that. I’m on another forum on drugs.com and atleast 6 members over there said the brand K isn’t working for them.

I do get all my meds from a mail order pharmacy, and my meds were left in my mail box for several days before I got them and it has been super hot in my area. In the 100s, I’m curious if the heat could be playing a role and making my meds weaker, this is for my new bottle of actavis and citalopram i got just a week ago.... hrmmm

Dub,

Maybe the heat could have gotten to your meds. I used to do mail order, and never thought about heat or cold affecting meds. But then again, I always got them the same day.

Sorry to hear about the Actavis not working for you. I took it for a good while with no problems whatsoever. Then I had to switch to Sandoz. I could immediately tell it was weaker than Actavis.

Then back to Actavis when it became available. Then back to Sandoz when Actavis became unavailable again. Too many switches. Very hard on me. Still on the Sandoz, and started very small, slow taper. But will have to switch again cause Sandoz discontinued.

More time to adjust and hold. So activis is an updose for me. I would think brand K is an even bigger updose. I’m wondering if that’s the reason people are having trouble with it on drugs.com.

You’ll have to let us know. Several people on BB have gone to brand K. I’m not sure if their having problems or not.

Dub,

Sad to tell you guys this but I’m actually not doing that well anymore which is really weird because I’ve been on actavis for over a month now and was doing great the first few weeks but now I’m not feeling good, been having really bad waves.... I feel very actavated. Nervous energy, poor sleep, lack of appetite, headaches, brain fog. Not 100% sure if this could be from the actavis, but that’s my guess since nothing I haven’t done anything else different. I’m going to try the brand K in a couple days but worried about that. I’m on another forum on drugs.com and atleast 6 members over there said the brand K isn’t working for them.

I really hope this isn't true about brand as this is the direction I hope to go in (although going to see if I can find any tevas left for next refill).

Dub, I see you’re on line.

After I read your post yesterday, I tried to find the forums on drug.com so I could better understand in what way the brand K is not working well for those members. I just couldn’t find the right forum I guess.

I saw a forum discussing the Teva discontinuation, and how the Actavis was discussed as a replacement for it. But no success any further than that.

So in what way is brand K not working? Too strong, too weak? I’d just like to know.

I’ll try to find them again and post the link on here. But here’s another weird thing about brand K. If you remember in 2014 there was a shortage of brand K and they had it on back order until October.... and a lot of ppl were freaked out and using generics they weren’t working. So when brand K came back in October it was now made in Mexico instead of Switzerland and the people that started taking again swore it didn’t work as well anymore and just felt like another generic. I wonder what they did different.

Anyways I just received my brand K after just placing the order a day or 2 ago. Didn’t realize I live so close to Genentech, it’s only a 10 mile drive from my house. I will start taking the brand K and let everyone know how it goes. Fingers crossed! Hope it’s better and not worse :)

Thanks Dub.

Do remember the back order of brand K, and how upset people were. I can’t remember if I read that on B.B. or some other forum.

Yep, it’s now made by Genentech in California.

Please let us know how it works for you.

What’s strange is that accord K is the only generic with the same exact inactive ingredients as brand K. Hope this doesn’t mean anything since Accord is the generic I did the worst on. :o :o

Dub,

That is strange. I guess it’s a matter of trying the brand K and seeing how well it works for you.

I know those inactive ingredients do make a difference for a lot of people. But on the other hand, I think you can depend on the “recipe” for brand K will be the exact one as it’s always been.

Once again, let us know.

So I can no longer get teva and will need to switch. I need to try brand, I know it is expensive but I am wholly a mess right now with my nausea. I am extraordinarily depressed by the constant nausea that has been present every day since January and seems to be worsening. I really don't have other symptoms but this one is pushing me over the edge.

I really hope the switch over is not too big of a deal. I am starting a new job in three weeks, going on vacation in two ....

NJ,

Maybe Dub will post on the results of his switch to brand K. Of course, you are not Dub, and it’s always difficult to compare one persons experience with another person. In fact, it really shouldn’t be done.

But I’d like to know myself.

I keep my eye on Teva and how they’re doing. Yesterday I read that Teva is making Parsippany, New Jersey their US headquarters. They got a big tax incentive to do this.

I do feel for you with this continuous nausea. I’m noticing it myself more.

I feel like I will be sick tonight. Have already taken compazine and all the meds but still a mess. I honestly cannot do this much longer. I don’t know if I should updose and give up on tapering. I am not sure what options I have left. I had hoped the medical marijuana might help but I cannot figure it out and fear it may make things worse. This is my third try off and other tapers much shorter time frame failed due to nausea. Sorry for rambling I just find this overwhelming this weekend.