Important Survey - Please Participate ×
Dr. David Healy - Raising Awareness of Inappropriate or Harmful Deprescribing Practices ×

Teva Clonazepam Discontinued Group

[Sc...]

Jo,

Teva gave me these NDC codes for both .5 mg Teva and .5 Actavis back in May or June.

Teva .5: 00093-0832

Actavis .5:  00228300311

I’m not sure about the dashes as the guy was in the usual rush on the phone.

But give it a shot.

Go to google and type in “Daily Med.” That’s a website that the federal government provides for us to identify the active and inactive ingredients in a medication.

Type those NDC codes into the search bar, and it should identify the medication and it’s ingredients.

Hope that works. Dub seems more familiar with this, so if he logs on here today, he can correct my instructions.

I tried entering any combo of what you wrote and it’s not coming up. I’ll keep trying. I’ve entered just the code with dashes, without dashes, just the drug manufacturer, drug manufacturer and name of drug. Nothing seems to work.

Jo

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [In...]

• [Du...]

• [NJ...]

• [Li...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Can anyone list the inactive ingredients for Teva and Actavis clonazepam .5 mg? I’m currently taking brand name Klonopin .5 mg but it’s giving me ringing in ears, difficulty concentrating,and VERY bad parathesia- itchiness, sensitive skin, breaking out, acne, shortness of breath, burning mouth and skin. The generic Accord did this too and has identical inactives as brand name Klonopin. Generic Northstar did pretty good no parathesia but not strong enough. Maybe I need Actavis.

Thanks

Jo

Hi I know this isn’t what you asked for but going through saved notes about generics

just spoke with the manufacturer of clonazapam that people are calling solco. This generic clonazapam is actually called Qualitest & is currently manufactured by Princeton pharmaceutical in Charlotte, NC

It is distributed by Solco who are also based out of Charlotte, NC. So if it eases your mind, it’s not made in China.

Inactive ingredients:colloidal silicon dioxide

Croscarmellose sodium

Lactose monohydrate

Magnesium stearate

Microcrystalline cellulose

D&C yellow #10 Aluminum lake

.5mg

Ndc#43547-0406-10

Light yellow

Scored

Imprint/debossed 2530 on one side V on the other side

Can anyone list the inactive ingredients for Teva and Actavis clonazepam .5 mg? I’m currently taking brand name Klonopin .5 mg but it’s giving me ringing in ears, difficulty concentrating,and VERY bad parathesia- itchiness, sensitive skin, breaking out, acne, shortness of breath, burning mouth and skin. The generic Accord did this too and has identical inactives as brand name Klonopin. Generic Northstar did pretty good no parathesia but not strong enough. Maybe I need Actavis.

Thanks

Jo

Hi I know this isn’t what you asked for but going through saved notes about generics

just spoke with the manufacturer of clonazapam that people are calling solco. This generic clonazapam is actually called Qualitest & is currently manufactured by Princeton pharmaceutical in Charlotte, NC

It is distributed by Solco who are also based out of Charlotte, NC. So if it eases your mind, it’s not made in China.

Inactive ingredients:colloidal silicon dioxide

Croscarmellose sodium

Lactose monohydrate

Magnesium stearate

Microcrystalline cellulose

D&C yellow #10 Aluminum lake

.5mg

Ndc#43547-0406-10

Light yellow

Scored

Imprint/debossed 2530 on one side V on the other side

Here’s the rest I found in my notes:

Teva

Each tablet also contains corn starch, lactose monohydrate, magnesium stearate, microcrystalline cellulose, and povidone. Clonazepam tablets USP 0.5 mg contain Yellow D&C No. 10 Aluminum Lake. Clonazepam tablets USP 1 mg contain Yellow D&C No. 10 Aluminum Lake, as well as FD&C Blue No. 1 Aluminum Lake.

Teva under ndc code

Dosage Strength:

• .5 mg

Inactive Ingredients:

• Starch, Corn

• Lactose Monohydrate

• Magnesium Stearate

• Cellulose, Microcrystalline

• Povidone K90

• Water

• D&c Yellow No. 10

• Aluminum Oxide

Actavis

In addition, each tablet also contains the following inactive ingredients: corn starch, lactose monohydrate, magnesium stearate, and microcrystalline cellulose.

The 0.5 mg tablet also contains D&C Red #30 aluminum lake. The 1 mg tablet also contains D&C Yellow #10HT aluminum lake.

Good Morning,

Thank you for contacting Teva Pharmaceuticals Customer Service.  Teva sells to wholesalers and distributors only – we do not sell directly to pharmacies.  Pharmacies may still have product on their shelves, however, all strengths of the Teva Clonazepam with the exception of the 1000 count bottle of the 1mg strength were obsoleted on 5/29/18.  The Teva 1mg Clonazepam in the 1000 count bottle was obsoleted on 7/23/18.  At this time Teva no longer has any product remaining of the Teva Clonazepam to ship out to wholesalers.  We do have the Actavis Clonazepam available and shipping.

I hope this information has been helpful in addressing your concerns.  Please feel free to call us at 1-800-545-8800 or email at www.tevacs@tevapharm.com  if you have any additional questions.  Thank you very much for contacting us and please enjoy the rest of your day. 

Kindest regards,

cid:image001.png@01CB4876.00748C50

Customer Service

Tel: 1.800.545.8800 (option 3, then option 5)

TevaCS@Tevapharm.com 

www.tevapharm.com

Good morning Teva Discontinued Support Group. I sent 2 emails to Teva yesterday as you all know, and this the response I got this morning. Apparently, the email goes to customer service. From this response email, you can see that the Teva in all strengths except the 1 mg were discontinued (obsoleted is their term) on 5/29/18. These strengths must be the 2 mg, .5 mg, and maybe the .125 mg dissolvable tabs? I’m not sure if they made those (the .125 mg or not). So this includes the bottles of 100 count, 500 count, and 1000 count in these strengths.

And it seems from the email that they still had the 1 mg in the 1000 count bottles available at that time. It is not clear to me if the 100 count and the 500 count bottles of the 1 mg were also in stock on 5/29/18 or what. But as per their email, the 1 mg was discontinued (obsoleted) on 7/23/18. So, as I’ve said (somewhere in this enigmatic and confusing situation) pharmacies are last in the “food chain” to know what’s going on. They may still have the 1 mg on their shelves, but with other generic brands on shelves, I guess they haven’t used them up yet.

And for whatever reason that I’m unable to discern or understand the people at that 1-888-838-2872 # are saying Teva 1 mg is backordered and should ship or be available (or whatever!!!!) by the end of August 2018 (10 days from now). That 1-888-838-2872 # is supposed to be the med department and know more than customer service (I guess), but whether or not the email goes to the med department or to the customer service dept, I do not know. The email I just got this morning was sent by Mary whom I’ve spoken with on the phone previously several times. At that time, we went through their product site thoroughly, and she said that the marketing dept was rushing to get product site updated. That was back in May/June. Looks like the marketing dept is still “behind.” At this point, I guess the email speaks for itself. Anyone here can call or email either number 1-800-545-8800, 1-888-838-2872 or email TevaCS@tevapharm.com whenever or maybe 10 days from now or thereabouts.

Much Thanks Intend! You really know how to get these things done. Am sure many are very grateful for that contribution. No doubt some hopes dashed, but properly informed. SC

Jo,

Sorry about that. I used Daily Med a few years back, but haven’t used it since.

Looks like Sc had all this info in her notes. Thank you Sc.

I was just looking at my email on my iPad, and I have another one from Teva.

I had to rush to take my dose before hubbys doctor appt, but I’m done now.

Will copy and paste that 2nd email from Teva when I get back from doctor appt.

What color is the Actavis .5 mg clonazepam?

Thanks

Jo

The color of the pill is pink. But it says red dye on the inactive ingredient

Interesting. My brand name Klonopin .5 mg is orange and uses yellow #5 so does the generic Accord and it makes me super itchy and have massive histamine issues and burning skin and tongue and loss of taste. The generic Northstar which is a yellow pill but used yellow#10 but feels weaker. What color and dye was the Teva .5 mg? Maybe I need the Actavis generic.

Thanks

Jo

Teva is yellow # 6

I also noticed accord and brand K having the same inactive ingredients .

How are you doing on brand K, this is my second time tryin brand K and it’s still not working. Thinking about going back on actavis again, atleast on actavis I have longer windows.

I’m not doing well at all on brand name Klonopin. It makes my heart tight and race when I take it and it lasts a long time. I’m thinking of going back to Northstar even though it seemed weaker but didn’t cause massive itching histamine issues nor the heart pains and racing heart. I can have it compounded but that would be $1000 or more throughout process of getting on it then tapering. I haven’t tried Actavis though. Is it supposed to be most like Teva? Did you do ok on it?

Thanks

Jo

Hey Jo, the brand K does the same thing to me. Racing heart, high anxiety, nervous energry, feeling on edge. I just switched back over to actavis last night and got some relief, I’m not sure if it’s just a coinsedence and just a window. But I will keep everyone updated how it works out.

Good Morning,

Thank you for contacting Teva Pharmaceuticals Customer Service.  Teva sells to wholesalers and distributors only – we do not sell directly to pharmacies.  Pharmacies may still have product on their shelves, however, all strengths of the Teva Clonazepam with the exception of the 1000 count bottle of the 1mg strength were obsoleted on 5/29/18.  The Teva 1mg Clonazepam in the 1000 count bottle was obsoleted on 7/23/18.  At this time Teva no longer has any product remaining of the Teva Clonazepam to ship out to wholesalers.  We do have the Actavis Clonazepam available and shipping.

I hope this information has been helpful in addressing your concerns.  Please feel free to call us at 1-800-545-8800 or email at www.tevacs@tevapharm.com  if you have any additional questions.  Thank you very much for contacting us and please enjoy the rest of your day. 

Kindest regards,

cid:image001.png@01CB4876.00748C50

Customer Service

Tel: 1.800.545.8800 (option 3, then option 5)

TevaCS@Tevapharm.com 

www.tevapharm.com

Good morning Teva Discontinued Support Group. I sent 2 emails to Teva yesterday as you all know, and this the response I got this morning. Apparently, the email goes to customer service. From this response email, you can see that the Teva in all strengths except the 1 mg were discontinued (obsoleted is their term) on 5/29/18. These strengths must be the 2 mg, .5 mg, and maybe the .125 mg dissolvable tabs? I’m not sure if they made those (the .125 mg or not). So this includes the bottles of 100 count, 500 count, and 1000 count in these strengths.

And it seems from the email that they still had the 1 mg in the 1000 count bottles available at that time. It is not clear to me if the 100 count and the 500 count bottles of the 1 mg were also in stock on 5/29/18 or what. But as per their email, the 1 mg was discontinued (obsoleted) on 7/23/18. So, as I’ve said (somewhere in this enigmatic and confusing situation) pharmacies are last in the “food chain” to know what’s going on. They may still have the 1 mg on their shelves, but with other generic brands on shelves, I guess they haven’t used them up yet.

And for whatever reason that I’m unable to discern or understand the people at that 1-888-838-2872 # are saying Teva 1 mg is backordered and should ship or be available (or whatever!!!!) by the end of August 2018 (10 days from now). That 1-888-838-2872 # is supposed to be the med department and know more than customer service (I guess), but whether or not the email goes to the med department or to the customer service dept, I do not know. The email I just got this morning was sent by Mary whom I’ve spoken with on the phone previously several times. At that time, we went through their product site thoroughly, and she said that the marketing dept was rushing to get product site updated. That was back in May/June. Looks like the marketing dept is still “behind.” At this point, I guess the email speaks for itself. Anyone here can call or email either number 1-800-545-8800, 1-888-838-2872 or email TevaCS@tevapharm.com whenever or maybe 10 days from now or thereabouts.

Thank you intend! You rock! I really appreaciate you finding out more info glad I didn’t tell my doctor to switch me over to 1mg teva. Teva is really disgusting me rn.......

Hi All

Did anyone updose when they changed to the new brand and how much? I am really thinking of doing this as opposed to a long hold.

Jval,

Generally, I don’t do updoses at all under any circumstances. When a new brand shows that it’s weaker by you having w/d sx, I continue to take it until those symptoms subside. That indicates to me that I’ve adjusted to the new brand.

Then, I follow that up by holding on the new drug for several months.

I’m not sure what others do. People have other ways of handling this also.

I just wouldn’t know how much to even updose.

Thanks so much. I tried a dose correction on my micro. It did nothing and may have made me feel worse. I have updosed 10% in the past and it made me worse also. So the option is to hold until stabilizing? I really don’t know what stabilize is in this mess as I am so sick in them even not tapering. I am only sleeping about two hours a night and have major adrenaline and cortisol rushes all night long. That Ian usually a sign of cutting to fast for me so i guess hold it is. I saw there a point where you just have to start a very slow taper and get going when you don’t ever feel stable in them?

Jval,

For me, stable is a relative term. A lot of folks think stable means feeling fine with no sx at all.

The way I see this is that you hold, but sx will wax and wane during the hold, and when they become tolerable enough for you to function, hold a little longer before cutting again.

The Long Hold Support Group mentions this quite a bit.

Thanks so much. I tried a dose correction on my micro. It did nothing and may have made me feel worse. I have updosed 10% in the past and it made me worse also. So the option is to hold until stabilizing? I really don’t know what stabilize is in this mess as I am so sick in them even not tapering. I am only sleeping about two hours a night and have major adrenaline and cortisol rushes all night long. That Ian usually a sign of cutting to fast for me so i guess hold it is. I saw there a point where you just have to start a very slow taper and get going when you don’t ever feel stable in them?

did you updose and then hold for a while. For me, when I have updosed and then held (often for months) then I felt better. It can take a while for the updose to work.

Just found this thread and now as i was just starting to begin to taper again soon i find this out..i have been on teva brand for as long as i remember and if its been around 37 yrs its never changed. This terrifies me to say the least. I have enough teva 1mg tabs to taper for the next 10 months

my question is how do i do a switch over slowly ...very slowly over that amount of time?

I am at 2.75mgs of k and i will hold until i am switched over totally to another brand which i am told from the cvs pharmacy that will be the actavis..and not sure what will be different about it..i have changed from the 2mg to the 1 mg tabs as i got lower from the 4mgs and the only difference was the food coloring and it didnt effect me at all

but now i am reading theres an ingredient difference that made the teva almost like a time release tablet and this brand doesnt have it so wouldnt that make it like the dose gets in your system quicker but doesnt last as long?

Intend..thank you for all that you have done to get answers to this questions but over the yrs that i have known you i would expect nothing less in how you handle things and find things out...you were always my go to person when i had questions or were scared of things..and for that i thank you also..

and i hope and pray that things get easier for you and i sure wish there were more people on the k thread it use to be the most active thread on this site.

will check back later to see if anyone has any suggestions..an i am still going to call all the mom and pop pharmacies around here to see if people missed some and they happen to have more because i would be able to go even slower because even if i could slow taper at the way i was going to it was looking like at least 4 yrs from when i start again.

hugs to all

deep

It’s been just a little over 3 months since I took my last teva and I still haven’t stabilized yet to start cutting. It’s taking a lot longer than I had expected, but fingers crossed I’ll be stabilized soon. I almost feel like I’m getting worse with time hope I haven’t been holding too long.

Deep,

I did reply on the LHSG. It is surprising how the KKKlub #2 never took off the way the first one did.

I was surprised also when I came back to BB after not posting for awhile. And the reason for not posting was because I got busy doing a lot of other things like getting our roof replaced. And also, I was doing very well on Actavis as far as tapering.

But I’ve been switched from the Actavis to Sandoz to Actavis to Sandoz. So that’s 4 switches. I’ve tried to stay with the 2 clonazepams that I’ve used in hopes that my CNS would recognize them, but the 4th switch to Sandoz felt different. I had my good days and difficult days while holding to adjust. And when I slowly started to taper it, it was difficult for me.

And now I’m slowly tapering onto Actavis again. By that I mean I have to cut pills again to get the right amount of Actavis combined with Sandoz to get onto Actavis. I decided to take this approach because I thought it might be better to take measured cuts of pills instead of just taking the full amount of Actavis every day for a couple of weeks while dropping the same amount of Sandoz for several weeks. I just want to be careful, careful this time.

I seriously do not know how many people have been switched like this here on B.B. because I’ve never asked. Some people can do this without problems while others cannot. But I cannot.

I know nothing about Teva clonazepam because I’ve never used it. As far as that povidone, I don’t know if it made Teva clonazepam like an extended release type pill or not. I think any extended release type pill would maybe get into your system in about the same amount of time and last longer in your system as it wore off. They made some Xanax type pills that were extended release for that very purpose. I’m not sure if they made clonazepam type pills like that or not. When I look up povidone on drugs.com its used as a suspending agent which means it’s used along with those other ingredients (binders, filler, dyes) to hold the pill together. So I’m not sure at all that it made Teva an extended release type pill at all.

I did receive a more in depth email from Teva, but decided not to post it. It used my real name, and came from someone who used their real name with a specific email address which was theirs at Teva. The basic message was that Teva was still shipping out remaining bottles of 500 count to pharmacies, but that those were the last of it.

You should call around to see if any other pharmacies have any left. I’m not sure if you could find enough to take you to the end of tapering or not. This just needs to be slow in order for the receptors to Upregulate. I would go slower this time than before. I’m not familiar with the scale type taper so I can’t advise you on that. But no matter how you do this, let the w/d sx hit you first, and then hold until you feel them settle down before tapering again.

Dub, yes they were.

The particular person that I mentioned said that she only added this because the first reply to my email did not include the 500 count bottles.

So I’m not sure if she meant that these were obsoleted on 5/23/18 or 7/23/18. But she did say that everything in the first response was correct, and wanted to be specific about the 500 count bottles being already shipped.

I guess at this point, I would call around to pharmacies within a certain radius of where you live to see if any at all were left. In other words, pharmacies further than you had called before.

Deep,

I did reply on the LHSG. It is surprising how the KKKlub #2 never took off the way the first one did.

I was surprised also when I came back to BB after not posting for awhile. And the reason for not posting was because I got busy doing a lot of other things like getting our roof replaced. And also, I was doing very well on Actavis as far as tapering.

But I’ve been switched from the Actavis to Sandoz to Actavis to Sandoz. So that’s 4 switches. I’ve tried to stay with the 2 clonazepams that I’ve used in hopes that my CNS would recognize them, but the 4th switch to Sandoz felt different. I had my good days and difficult days while holding to adjust. And when I slowly started to taper it, it was difficult for me.

And now I’m slowly tapering onto Actavis again. By that I mean I have to cut pills again to get the right amount of Actavis combined with Sandoz to get onto Actavis. I decided to take this approach because I thought it might be better to take measured cuts of pills instead of just taking the full amount of Actavis every day for a couple of weeks while dropping the same amount of Sandoz for several weeks. I just want to be careful, careful this time.

I seriously do not know how many people have been switched like this here on B.B. because I’ve never asked. Some people can do this without problems while others cannot. But I cannot.

I know nothing about Teva clonazepam because I’ve never used it. As far as that povidone, I don’t know if it made Teva clonazepam like an extended release type pill or not. I think any extended release type pill would maybe get into your system in about the same amount of time and last longer in your system as it wore off. They made some Xanax type pills that were extended release for that very purpose. I’m not sure if they made clonazepam type pills like that or not. When I look up povidone on drugs.com its used as a suspending agent which means it’s used along with those other ingredients (binders, filler, dyes) to hold the pill together. So I’m not sure at all that it made Teva an extended release type pill at all.

I did receive a more in depth email from Teva, but decided not to post it. It used my real name, and came from someone who used their real name with a specific email address which was theirs at Teva. The basic message was that Teva was still shipping out remaining bottles of 500 count to pharmacies, but that those were the last of it.

You should call around to see if any other pharmacies have any left. I’m not sure if you could find enough to take you to the end of tapering or not. This just needs to be slow in order for the receptors to Upregulate. I would go slower this time than before. I’m not familiar with the scale type taper so I can’t advise you on that. But no matter how you do this, let the w/d sx hit you first, and then hold until you feel them settle down before tapering again.

Yes I have been switched between different manufacturers of clonazepam many times and it hasn’t gone well and I haven’t been stabilized yet. I started out with 1 mg tablets but thought I had a bad reaction to the dye so switched to .5 mg Teva, then to Accord, then to Northstar then to Brand name Klonopin by Genetech now on Northstar again and it doesn’t feel like it did before when I was on the Northstar. I get side effects from each one. I wonder if I’m allergic to clonazepam now. Not sure which to take or to get it compounded by a pharmacy with only filler of microcrystalline cellulose powder. I feel your pain.

Jo

Jo,

From what I’ve read here on BB, the compounding pharmacies use a powered type of clonazepam with the microcrystalline cellulose. So if you’re only bothered by the dyes, fillers, and binding agents, that might work.

But if it’s clonazepam in general that bothers you, you could still have problems.

Any chance that you could cross to Valium?

Jo,

From what I’ve read here on BB, the compounding pharmacies use a powered type of clonazepam with the microcrystalline cellulose. So if you’re only bothered by the dyes, fillers, and binding agents, that might work.

But if it’s clonazepam in general that bothers you, you could still have problems.

I wish I could cross over to Valium. My psychiatrist and primary doctors say no. So I’m going to have to have it compounded first with no fillers then if I’m still having issues I will bring up Valium again.

Thanks

Jo

Deep,

Good morning Intend

And now the roof..i think it was floors and moving things and the noise that was your worst the last time i was here..so now the roof..

And i am going to start calling the different pharmacies when i get home today to see if i can find one that still has a stock pile of it..but the bottom line is there is no one that is going to have it long enough to get me off of it cause that will be yrs..so my only choice is to switch to the activas or however its spelled..lol..and i am not sure how to do that..do i just replace at first my noon dose..and take the teva for the other 2 doses and then if thats ok for a few weeks then change out like a half of my morning dose with it and then wait some more and then just keep that up until i have totally gotten on the other completely?

and you dont think with so many companies stopping the clonazepam that the day is coming when you wont be able to get it at all do you..and we would all have to switch to either v or X?? thats what worries me the most..

i dont know how sensitive i am to things as when i went to the 1mg from the 2mg the 1mg had dyes in it where the 2mg didnt since it was white an it didnt effect me at all..or do you think that this brand is not as strong as the teva was even tho it says its 1mg??

so many things going on in the benzo world right now..and those groups on fb trying to start mass lawsuits and coalitions they are off this poison and i would agree no new scripts should be wrote unless thats the only thing that helps a certain person with seizures..but now that they are free from it they are not thinking about us that would be ct'ed or have to change the med all together or nothing like that but i dont think they would be writing the government and everything all the time and going  before congress or who ever if they were still tapering and trying to get off this poison.

hope and pray that your voice gets better and this will be your last switch and i read you think thats whats caused you so much problems was so many switches,,i am hoping this will be my only switch

well gotta run and get my daughter to the methadone clinic..

have a wonder morning

hugs to you my dear friend

deep

deep,

I agree with just about everything you wrote.

As far as the changing from one generic to another, I’m kind of forced to cut those pills in sections and substitute one part of a morning dose with an equal portion of the other one, and slowly work myself on that way. I take 2 doses a day and part is liquid and part is pill. It makes it more complicated to explain by using myself as an example so I’ll stick with your situation.

So you have 3 doses that you’re stable on. I would do it one of 2 ways. Either take 1/2 of the morning dose made up of Teva and 1/2 Actavis or take all the morning dose as Actavis. And either way you decide, take the other 2 doses as Teva. And I’d do this for several weeks.

Then I’d repeat that again. If you’ve done the 1/2 Actavis and 1/2 Teva for several weeks, then make the whole morning dose Actavis and hold that for several more weeks, keeping those other doses all Teva. If you taken all Actavis for the morning dose and held that for the several weeks, then it’s time to move on to the next dose. So you are all Actavis for the morning dose. Now you move to the 2nd dose, and change that to all Actavis and hold that for several weeks.

And I’d use the same procedure for the 3rd dose. The first way (where you split the dose between the two will take longer, but it will also give you more time to adjust. Basically it’s just:

1/2 of Teva and 1/2 of Actavis for first dose with the other 2 being all Teva for several weeks. Then make it all Actavis for the first dose and hold again on all doses for several weeks.

Or

All Actavis for the first dose and hold on that for several weeks with the other doses being the all Teva.

Then you repeat whatever one you use for the 2nd and 3rd doses until it’s all Actavis.

Hope I’ve been thorough enough to explain it well enough.

I worry about this clonazepam all the time. I have no real idea why anyone would decide on clonazepam when all of these benzos cause trouble. I agree that the ones who get off would love to start all these lawsuits or are trying to. And don’t they ever think about all of us who are still on? It’s sort of like “I got mine so too bad for you.”

2 years ago (or maybe last year) I was looking for low cost housing for my younger daughter, and somehow I wondered onto to some list of business entities for the city of Midvale, Utah. Midvale (the old part) is just up the road from us and that’s where the low cost housing is. So I saw on this list the Benzodiazepine Information Coalition listed as a nonprofit in Midvale. And I thought “where the heck did that come from.” And I saw the address listed as Foothill Boulevard in Foothill village which is an outdoor shopping mall in a better part of  Midvale. I decided to go look for it as the have a suite #. I went all over and through that mall and I couldn’t find it. I came home and posted here on BB “does this place really exists?” I got a bunch of answers. Oh yes it does. They are determined to make people aware of the dangers of benzos no matter what. They are Facebook so that maybe one of the groups you are talking about.

I actually have had a lot of correspondence with a lot of folks from there. It always seems that they were more interested in alerting everyone to the dangers of benzos than to the tapering part of this. And it seems they have a lot of “benzo injured” people who are angry and rebellious. It’s all a strange thing. And sometimes it seems like B.B. goes along with this while at the same time, they also have all these people who they help do these really slow tapers. The one you might see here is Ms Atomic Bomb. She’s usually over on the Chewing the Fat section or Benzos in the news section. And the biggest irony for me is that they’re not even here in Utah. Their co director is Christy Huff who’s in Texas. And Ms Atomic Bomb is the founder. It’s in her signature. It’s not that this isn’t needed, but slow and safe tapering is also needed. They do seem to be going more in that direction now. I’m hopeful anyway. None of us were informed about these drugs. And if someone did a too fast taper because they wanted off, it’s always a question of who will do better and who won’t. Even the turtle taperers have bad outcomes also. You just never know who.

This is why I asked the question yesterday on the LHSG Group how the the UK handles this. It’s a good group there. I just find that a lot of questions get missed or not seen in the swift movement. As far as the Xanax, I see that everywhere. People on a dose of Xanax. It’s even joked about on cable news shows or on showtime. As in “Wow. I need an extra Xanax now that I’ve heard that.” Or as in the affair on showtime, “don’t worrry, half this city is on xanax.”

I worry just like you do. Ironically again, so many doctors here in the US Rx clonazepam as far as I hear. But if you go to introductions, you see people coming on here using a lot of the different benzos. A huge variety is what I see, and it’s recent that they were Rxed. Or 2 or 3 years ago. I guess the best thing we can do is just move forward and try to get safely off.

See you on one of these support groups or both.

Jo,

I wish I could cross over to Valium. My psychiatrist and primary doctors say no. So I’m going to have to have it compounded first with no fillers then if I’m still having issues I will bring up Valium again.

Thanks

Jo

Jo,

Great idea.

Just writing in to let everyone know I finally did the full switch over to Actavis. I went for about 2 weeks doing AM Actavis and PM Mylan. I am feeling good. The switch from Teva to Mylan was rocky but the switch from Mylan to Actavis has been much smoother. I told you guys I would let you know how it went. Fingers crossed it stays good.

I am reducing .001 g. every 4th day. It's a slow microtaper but allows me to feel like ME.

Just writing in to let everyone know I finally did the full switch over to Actavis. I went for about 2 weeks doing AM Actavis and PM Mylan. I am feeling good. The switch from Teva to Mylan was rocky but the switch from Mylan to Actavis has been much smoother. I told you guys I would let you know how it went. Fingers crossed it stays good.

I am reducing .001 g. every 4th day. It's a slow microtaper but allows me to feel like ME.

bbmom,

Fantastic!