Important Survey - Please Participate ×
Dr. David Healy - Raising Awareness of Inappropriate or Harmful Deprescribing Practices ×

Medical Cannabis and Cannabis CBD Oil Group

[su...]

Hi,

I'm a huge fan of Charlotte's Web CBD tincture, however, I'm interviewing for a job at a different company and I'm close to an offer and soon after administer a drug test.  Because I take CW's Everyday Advanced, when I did a home drug test for THC, it came out positive.  This did not surprise me because the Advanced has 0.03% THC which will build up over time.  Does anyone have a 0% THC CBD they can recommend for inflammation and nerve pain?  I'm currently on Select CBD, but it's just OK.  I live in the US.

I apologize if this question has been asked and answered before.  I wasn't able to find it in the search.

Thanks!

I don't know if it's different because it is such a low amount of thc but I thought it can take up to a month for thc to clear your system.

They do sell "clean" urine online that you can buy.

I recently changed jobs and after a week there they sent me the employee manual that says they have the right to do random drug testing. I would fail as I am utilizing med marijuana for extreme nausea. I am not sure what I would do if they actually test. I have a card but that apparently doesn't protect me legally--they could still fire me. I sort of feel that this should have been disclosed before hiring and not 10 days later.

Good luck with the job. Changing jobs while going through all this has not been easy for me, but I am definitely in a better place now.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Af...]

• [Ma...]

• [Re...]

• [or...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,

I'm a huge fan of Charlotte's Web CBD tincture, however, I'm interviewing for a job at a different company and I'm close to an offer and soon after administer a drug test.  Because I take CW's Everyday Advanced, when I did a home drug test for THC, it came out positive.  This did not surprise me because the Advanced has 0.03% THC which will build up over time.  Does anyone have a 0% THC CBD they can recommend for inflammation and nerve pain?  I'm currently on Select CBD, but it's just OK.  I live in the US.

I apologize if this question has been asked and answered before.  I wasn't able to find it in the search.

Thanks!

Many companies try and get the THC down to a "trace," but the risk is always there if you take full spectrum oil.

One way to not test positive for THC is to use a CBD isolate. With isolates, they've isolated the CBD and only the CBD, so there's no THC, but also no CBN, CBG, etc. Often times they'll be around 99% pure CBD. It's not "whole plant medicine," but is very pure and effective as well.

I take a full spectrum tincture, but also use a CBD isolate vape pen while driving (I still have intense driving anxiety). I like both kinds of products.

https://www.thecbdistillery.com/product/99-cbd-isolate-powder-from-hemp/

Hi,

Thanks!

Many companies try and get the THC down to a "trace," but the risk is always there if you take full spectrum oil.

One way to not test positive for THC is to use a CBD isolate. With isolates, they've isolated the CBD and only the CBD, so there's no THC, but also no CBN, CBG, etc. Often times they'll be around 99% pure CBD. It's not "whole plant medicine," but is very pure and effective as well.

I take a full spectrum tincture, but also use a CBD isolate vape pen while driving (I still have intense driving anxiety). I like both kinds of products.

https://www.thecbdistillery.com/product/99-cbd-isolate-powder-from-hemp/

Thank you Saga, auroragoryalyce and NJStrength for your insights.  It's a one-time test in about 3 weeks, so I will research the isolate right away.  In the meantime, I'm going to stop taking the tincture and hopefully will be OK in about 3-4 weeks for the test.  I appreciate your help!

Also, has anyone found mmj to make their tinnitus worse?  I read several accounts online where people said their tinnitus got worse while on marijuana.  But I don't know if they were using the medical version or just plain marijuana.

It doesn't make mine worse, but getting high often heightens my senses, so I can understand how it might bother some folks, especially during this journey, especially if they're not very familiar with or used to the effects of THC.

Also, has anyone found mmj to make their tinnitus worse?  I read several accounts online where people said their tinnitus got worse while on marijuana.  But I don't know if they were using the medical version or just plain marijuana.

It can make my tinnitus worse, but it's only temporary for me.

Is 3000mg of pure cbd good for withdrawal sxs?

That's far too high a level to start at.  I usually suggest people start at just a few milligrams until they see how it works for them. 

Hello everyone.

I've been looking at options to help me with pain and sleep.  I am subject to the intense burning some of us fee, in addition to all the other problems we facel.  I am also prone to HPA-Axis dysregulation which inevitably causes my insomnia to return with a vengeance.  My predicament is I am in tolerance now and any further tapering is agony.  Any physical activity will cause significant symptom increase.  My taper is of gabapentin, I haven't had a benzo since March 2017.  My gabapentin taper feels nearly identical to benzo withdrawal.  I'm also taking effexor.

My main question is what are options in respect of CBD oil?  I am concerned about anything with THC in it as anxiety could become an issue.  I've never smoked pot in my life.  Maybe I should have!!!  😁😁  in any case, I just need advice on how to go about this.  I've heard vaping is more effective for bioavailability.  I'm hoping someone can give me a little advice to get started.  I'm at a crossroads and desperately do not want to updose my gabapentin.  My HPA dysregulation has been a major problem in this taper and I feel if I can get some sleep and calm down the HPA Axis I might find a way to stabilize and then I can resume tapering.  Any assistance and advice would be greatly appreciated.  I'm on the west coast of BC, in canada so there are lots of choices available here.

-RST

Well I never smoked pot before but am now using medical marijuana dairy for sleep and nausea. I need the thc; Cbd alone was not helping. I use a high thc strain as antincture so I can to titrate the dose. More at night and less during the day. I don’t have issues with increased anxiety. It is really helping me.

Just popping in to give an update.  I'm doing a daily microtaper of .001mg a day and finding some increased general anxiety and more problems staying asleep and especially issues waking up early.  I don't like to smoke pot every night, as I feel it starts to lose it's efficacy if used every day, but I find I am increasingly using it as I am cutting a little bit each day. 

I'm in the home stretch of my taper so I'm very excited that the marijuana is helping me so much with sleep and with a general improvement in attitude.

It seems the safest way to go forward is to try CBD first and see how that goes.  Then consider other options if CBD has no effect.  How long after trying it should one expect to get an indication as to whether the oil or dose is effective?

-RST

It seems the safest way to go forward is to try CBD first and see how that goes.  Then consider other options if CBD has no effect.  How long after trying it should one expect to get an indication as to whether the oil or dose is effective?

-RST

CBD oil is useless don't waste your energy

There are wide variations in the CBD oils and their potencies. Be a smart consumer. I refuse to use CBD oil from isolates grown from hemp. It’s flooded the market & people everywhere will do what it takes to make a buck, including dispensaries in legal rec and medical states. Online and off. While I won’t say these CBD oils are useless, I will say that one must be educated on these matters.

There are wide variations of the various CBD oils and their potencies. Be a smart consumer. I refuse to use CBD oil from isolates grown from hemp. It’s flooded the market & people everywhere will do what it takes to make a buck, including dispensaries in legal rec and medical states. Online and off. While I won’t say these CBD oils are useless, I will say that one must be educated on these matters.

[/quote

Ok

I had no idea.  I'm truly a child in the woods, so to speak, on this matter.  Can you give me a brief idea of a way to go about all this.  I'm not quite bedridden, but almost so it's tough to do much other than drag myself to work and then just lay on my couch the rest of the time. 

-RST

There are wide variations of the various CBD oils and their potencies. Be a smart consumer. I refuse to use CBD oil from isolates grown from hemp. It’s flooded the market & people everywhere will do what it takes to make a buck, including dispensaries in legal rec and medical states. Online and off. While I won’t say these CBD oils are useless, I will say that one must be educated on these matters.

Ok

I had no idea.  I'm truly a child in the woods, so to speak, on this matter.  Can you give me a brief idea of a way to go about all this.  I'm not quite bedridden, but almost so it's tough to do much other than drag myself to work and then just lay on my couch the rest of the time. 

-RST

really wish I could advise you. I did a solid 6 years of research before I became a medical cannabis patient. While I’d had experience with cannabis in my late teens & twenties, (im in my late 50s) and I’ve steadily remained as informed as possible for the past six years AS a medical patient, for chronic pain and PTSD. Everyone’s paths are different in the way we approach this subject.[/bold]

I understand.  I'm just hopeful someone can give me an idea of how to go forward so I don't hurt myself.  Perhaps that question itself indicates my naivite. 

-RST

I understand.  I'm just hopeful someone can give me an idea of how to go forward so I don't hurt myself.  Perhaps that question itself indicates my naivite. 

-RST

RST,

Not naive at all.  I sent you a PM.  Let me know if I can help in any way.

-L2S

-RST

I don't think there is a one size fits all solution. It is a lot of experimentation and trial and error to see what works/what doesn't work. And it varies from person to person. With whatever you try, just start low and slow. That way you are unlikely to hurt yourself. I know it is frustrating needing to find your way through on your own (since I know that is how I feel about my benzo taper ... so my medical marijuana journey is just another thing I need to figure out by myself), but I have found real relief, and I think it can be helpful for many.

-RST

I don't think there is a one size fits all solution. It is a lot of experimentation and trial and error to see what works/what doesn't work. And it varies from person to person. With whatever you try, just start low and slow. That way you are unlikely to hurt yourself. I know it is frustrating needing to find your way through on your own (since I know that is how I feel about my benzo taper ... so my medical marijuana journey is just another thing I need to figure out by myself), but I have found real relief, and I think it can be helpful for many.

100% correct imo. Everyone is different (I realize that gets old to read when you just want relief and help) and yes—go low and slow. Cannabis isn’t a magic bullet, although it’s a powerful tool in my arsenal in life. There are many resources online and “out there” depending on who you talk to.

Extremely profound reaction to CBD.  :D

::) Hi group, I’m a lurker and try to visit and read as much as I can but need some advice on my recent CBD adventure. I have been a reefer smoker on and off for years but got my actual medical permit a year ago. About a month ago I started an acute wave that culminated into a huge 1 week intense wave with every symptom in the book. Had to take Serequel a few days to sleep but stopped after I was able to get some sleep than the wave started to lift. During this intense wave I consumed considerably less MMJ as it was not hurting or helping so why waste the money.

When the wave started to lift I visited my Dr. and he said I need to add CBD and wondered why I hadn’t... mainly because I vape for side effects.. It’s my third taper and I’m having a really hard time.

Anyways I picked up my “AC/DC” strain of 16:1 CBD/thc. After my initial use I felt immediate results when combined with my Indica “DoSiDo. My adrenaline surge vanished, sleep hours stayed the same. I had positive energy and what felt the closest thing to a window in a year. I even made myself a steak dinner to celebrate 🎉.

Anyways I worried by anything good because I feel like there is a price I’m going to pay. I’m trying to figure out if I can attribute this to simply the wave already lifting and returning to vaping more after a week with little or the CBD? Or possibly the liver enzyme breakdown difference CBD can cause in combination with the other medications I take.

My MMJ Dr. really didn’t give me dose info so I started with what I believe to be 20mg 4 times a day. Maybe this is too much? My vape pen dispenses in 5mg doses. I don’t think I can afford this mg and plan to lower it to 15Mg 3x a day. When I told him it was for Benzo withdrawl he said only 1mg Klonopin, just stay on it it’s such a small dose to suffer over  :tickedoff: ... Guess even those that support this wonderful plant are still oblivious to what it can replace. He supports my efforts though as teqnically my psychiatrist is helping me go around the guidelines labeling me PTSD to qualify... She is pretty awesome.

-RST

I think it's very rare for somebody to 'hurt' themselves with CBD oil.  Usually it either helps or it does nothing.  I suggest that people look at the certificate of analysis for that batch of CBD oil.  If there isn't one, then find another company.  That way you have somebody's word that what you're buying is really what it's supposed to be.  You should be able to find CBD oil with very little THC in it.  Seems like there's almost always a trace amount there if you look hard enough, but it's too little to matter.  I suggest anybody who is just starting begin with a very low dose (just a few mgs) and see how they feel.  Increase the dose slowly.  If you don't notice any improvement by the time you get to 20 mgs, then I don't think that approach/formulation is likely to work for you.  If you do notice some improvement, then continue adjusting the dosage until optimal.

-RST

I think it's very rare for somebody to 'hurt' themselves with CBD oil.  Usually it either helps or it does nothing.  I suggest that people look at the certificate of analysis for that batch of CBD oil.  If there isn't one, then find another company.  That way you have somebody's word that what you're buying is really what it's supposed to be.  You should be able to find CBD oil with very little THC in it.  Seems like there's almost always a trace amount there if you look hard enough, but it's too little to matter.  I suggest anybody who is just starting begin with a very low dose (just a few mgs) and see how they feel.  Increase the dose slowly.  If you don't notice any improvement by the time you get to 20 mgs, then I don't think that approach/formulation is likely to work for you.  If you do notice some improvement, then continue adjusting the dosage until optimal.

🏻🏻🏻

What he said.

CBD oil did nothing for me, it was like drinking water, except I did experience some slight nausea a few times which lasted maybe 10-15 mins.  I started low and then increased my daily dose to +/- 30mg where I sat for probably 4 weeks.  Nada.