Medical Cannabis and Cannabis CBD Oil Group

[su...]

I wouldn’t think so Green, I’d hope not, after all you’re accustomed to cannabis. However it was a different delivery system oral instead of vaping. That’s the only thing that made me pause and think maybe. And unfortunately the only way to know is to try it several more times.

:smitten:.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Af...]

• [Ma...]

• [Re...]

• [or...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the replies.  Yeah, I think maybe it was just my sensitive stomach, freaking out, as if I had food poisoning.  I have noticed the during withdrawal, sometimes I get a severe reaction to some food and the rest of my family just has nothing or maybe a slight indigestion.  I ate some chili, and it wasn't even that spicy, but I guess my body just did not want chili.  :(

[7f...]

I have been tapering from Klonopin for the last 5 weeks .......initially forced into tapering by an uneducated practitioner who refused to refill my klonopin script of 4 mg (for sleep !) so I had to half my dose so an initial drop of 50% then since then and a new clinic I am tapering by .25 mg every 2 weeks and am now at 1.5mg ....the first 2 weeks were the worst (so far) but on the flipside I have noticed feeling more certain and my thinking is as sharp as something very sharp lol. So I also use cannabis to deal with the physical withdrawals .....CBD on its own does nothing (for me) it has to have THC included to propel the CBD (there is research on this and now there are more products with a 3+% of THC available. I personally use a product called "fire angel" CBD bud mixed with a Hybrid of sunny d OR IF YOU REALLY WANT KNOCKING OUT Sticky B ...... and many others ....I only use organically grown cannabis. So the cannabis has certainly helped with sleep and just letting go .I am so determined to be off of klonopin that unless my bod goes into a meltdown with this last 1.5mg then in about 6 weekish I will be free of being tied to a medical system that demonizes its own drugs ...! .

all the best to all.

regards

Steve 

Does anyone know of any good websites to check out for cannabis information?  Especially as they relate to taper and withdrawal symptoms that we tend to have?

I googled "cannabis and benzodiazepene withdrawal" and nothing, really. First, there is an article from 1998 by Dr. Ashton that's kind of anti-cannabis (sad for me...not reading the rest), then there are several articles regarding using CBD to come off benzos. The lack of information and research is frustrating.

I've definitely had to employ my personal and professional knowledge to use appropriate strains with lower THC percentages that I didn't think would cause me additional anxiety. Because I'm attempting to treat depression as well as anxiety, I tend to use Sativas during the day and Indicas at night. I also use CBD to try and negate paranoia or other negative side effects of THC. CBD is supposed to help balance out those negative side effects.

I regularly use https://www.leafly.com/explore to research strains. Use the Advanced Filters to research strains based on flavor, effect or symptom. The strain reviews are helpful too, but taken with a grain of salt, of course, since strains can affect everyone differently.

Aurora,

You are such a resource to all of us! My medical marijuana doctor said he has helped several patients get off benzos with marijuana and the folks in my dispensary have said the same thing. I have googled some other anecdotal sources that also say the same thing. I think it is very individual, very trial and error. I have to say that by using my alcohol tincture in fairly small doses twice a day, I am getting such relief from the nausea, I am beyond thrilled. I wasn't sure I was going to be able to continue to taper, I had been nauseous every day for eight months, it is now fading and I can eat three meals a day. I have started working out again, did an hour today. Hoping that once I get settled in a new job I am starting this week, that I can continue my taper. We'll see. For me, the medical marijuana at this moment in time has been a lifesaver. Just got back from a short vacation and felt better than I have since January. I wish there was more research and I think someday there will be more. I am sure big pharma does not want to see any studies done on this.

NJ, Thats fantastic.. Great timing for the job too.. -Was getting worried about you, but you persevered and found a way..

I hope things keep getting better..

Best wishes...

:)

NJ, Thats fantastic.. Great timing for the job too.. -Was getting worried about you, but you persevered and found a way..

Best wishes...

Cant, thanks. I was getting worried about me too. The depression from the constant nausea was getting very, very scary. Woke up not nauseous today ... first time in a long time. Did not sleep great but that is just my hormones and know it will pass in a few days.

Hope you are doing well post-jump!

Best wishes...

Cant, thanks. I was getting worried about me too. The depression from the constant nausea was getting very, very scary. Woke up not nauseous today ... first time in a long time. Did not sleep great but that is just my hormones and know it will pass in a few days.

Hope you are doing well post-jump!

Thats Great, I know how hard constant stomach and GI issues can be.. All consuming..!!

Im doing great, ty.. So far so good..!!

NJStrength-  Wow, that is great news that you woke up without any nausea.  I really hope your body can stay that way.  Even if the nausea comes back, at least you don't have to be afraid it won't go away, cause now it finally has given you some reprieve.  :thumbsup:

NJStrength-  Wow, that is great news that you woke up without any nausea.  I really hope your body can stay that way.  Even if the nausea comes back, at least you don't have to be afraid it won't go away, cause now it finally has given you some reprieve.  :thumbsup:

And of course today I did wake up with nausea. It's okay. Did the microdose of my medical marijuana, two drops of my alcohol tincture, and it is fading now. Will eat a little something soon.

And of course today I did wake up with nausea. It's okay. Did the microdose of my medical marijuana, two drops of my alcohol tincture, and it is fading now. Will eat a little something soon.

So glad still works n* for you.

Don’t know if you have it, but if you have depression are the micro doses helping that too?

The easing of the nausea is what is causing the depression to lift I think. I don't think it has anything to do with the medical marijuana other than that is what is causing the nausea to lift a bit.

So glad still works n* for you.

Don’t know if you have it, but if you have depression are the micro doses helping that too?

[cf...]
Wow. Two days of reading this thread and I’m at the end!! I’ve been a medical cannabis patient for 6 years in the SW USA. Our state has been a medical cannabis state  since 2007. Per my sig, I’ve been on psych drugs for quite a while. I’ve used cannabis off and on since i was 17. Longstanding relationship with this herb. I honestly don’t think I’d have been able to taper directly off Klonopin, sleeping pretty much every night without cannabis. I do use high THC oil, FECO. I also use oil concentrates. (Dabbing) I have so many thoughts to contribute, but I’m currently trying to gather them! I’m certain that I live in the same state as Bads. 👍🏻

[cf...]

Yes, withdrawing from THC-dominant products should also just take a few days to a week.  Maybe you'll get a headache.  Maybe some insomnia or irritability.  But nothing like benzo withdrawal. 

In my experience, smoking/vaping is usually good for an hour or two.  Alcohol tinctures taken on an empty stomach are usually good for 3-6 hours.  Tinctures taken on a full stomach or edibles are usually good for 4-8 hours, but are less efficiently absorbed.

Terpene profiling is getting more sophisticated (http://journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0201119), but I don't think anybody has enough data to say that a particular terpene biotype is the most appropriate for a given malady.  That's still in the realm of trial and error (unfortunately).  Also - that info is mostly for THC-dominant flower.  I've seen different terpene profiles in CBD-dominant flowers.  But I think it's good to pay attention to that terpene profile as well as the cannabinoid numbers.  If that product works for you, you'll want to be able to find something similar in the future.  If it doesn't agree with you, you'll want to know what to avoid.

We’re in the same state. I really appreciate your insightful and informative posts. Defining different types of fears and using those in context with cannabis is enlightening. 👌🏻👌🏻

Hi guys. I am new to this thread. I have already been through withdrawal and am three years off benzos. My question is : My sister is taking Xanex and will be tapering it soon. She is having trouble sleeping and wants to know if it’s okay to take CBD oil along with her Xanex to help her sleep. Any advice or experiences you can share?

[cf...]

Hi guys. I am new to this thread. I have already been through withdrawal and am three years off benzos. My question is : My sister is taking Xanex and will be tapering it soon. She is having trouble sleeping and wants to know if it’s okay to take CBD oil along with her Xanex to help her sleep. Any advice or experiences you can share?

CBD alone doesn’t help me sleep. I need THC as well. Everyone is different, and hemp derived CBD is different from cannabis derived CBD.

CBD alone doesn’t help me sleep. I need THC as well. Everyone is different, and hemp derived CBD is different from cannabis derived CBD.

Hi nmsafe,

If you ever get the chance or inclination, could you please explain the difference between hemp derived & cannabis derived CBD oil? Much thanks, SC

[cf...]

Hi nmsafe,

If you ever get the chance or inclination, could you please explain the difference between hemp derived & cannabis derived CBD oil? Much thanks, SC

I hope this helps!! https://www.projectcbd.org/guidance/cannabis-oil-vs-hemp-oil

I’ve also found that the amount of cannabidiol in a lot of CBD oils varies widely.  Be safe; buyer beware. I’ve seen people saying that they’ve bought CBD on Amazon and eBay? NO FRIGGIN WAY. 🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️

[cf...]

Thank you for the info. What I am also asking is the CBD Oil safe to take with Xanex. No interactions?

I’m no scientist or doctor. I’ve taken CBD and THC with no apparent drug interaction. You might want to tell her to stagger her CBD and Xanax doses apart because of the liver enzymes required to break down each chemical.

WOW!  THAT'S POWERFUL!  No wonder there are so many variables with cannabis and why some people react as they do and others don't.  It also explains why I am so apprehensive about trying anything.  They are still discovering so many things about this medication that I am not sure I want to spent that kind of time, money, effort, and hope in something that is still so unexplored.  But I guess when  someone is desperate, which I and so many others are, it is sometimes worth the risk????

Thanks for sharing!  We're always learning more and more . . . . . .