Important Survey - Please Participate ×
Dr. David Healy - Raising Awareness of Inappropriate or Harmful Deprescribing Practices ×

Medical Cannabis and Cannabis CBD Oil Group

[su...]

So last night I bought some very high potent weed. Took two hits and freaked out for like five hours straight. This ever happen to anyone? I straight up panicked non stop. Felt like I couldn't get a breath of air (hyperventilating), crazy fear. But then it lifted and I slept like twelve hours and today I feel incredible :laugh:

This is due to the initial binding of CB receptors and sudden spikes in dopamine and norepinephrine, which is often a result of the more stimulating strains like those with high THC to CBD ratios.

CB receptors are activated and dramatically reduce GABA transduction. This allows monoamines like dopamine and norepinephrine to surge, which is where you get some of the psychoactive effects. GABA regulates these two, which makes some sense: with GABA blunted, things are more free to play themselves out.

Glutamate is also reduced, which allows even more dopamine and norepinephrine to flow, and in different areas of the body. Panic attacks and anxiety can be pretty bad for up to two hours. Chew on fresh black pepper to help lessen the initial blow. It's weird, but it works.

Fault I’m curious if there’s an article or link you referenced, I haven’t seen that clinical explanation before about what happens regarding the various receptors? I usually drink a lot of water and eat an orange or two and wait it out. 

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Af...]

• [Ma...]

• [Re...]

• [or...]

Top Posters In This Topic

I have heard a lot about different supplements and even certain foods, once tolerated, now make some withdrawals difficult.  Even the simple, benign herb "lemon balm" is considered BAD!  Wow!

I heard that cannabis is also not good for the receptors/GABA, etc. 

So, what's up?  Is it really just a personal thing for each individual? 

I had asked a question about ashwagandha and some say it helped them and others say it's supposed to be bad for benzo withdrawal.

I saw cannabis on the list of things we should not be taking while withdrawing.  So, what is the verdict?

Still  just a personal thing or is it really not good for the receptors/GABA, etc.?

I have heard a lot about different supplements and even certain foods, once tolerated, now make some withdrawals difficult.  Even the simple, benign herb "lemon balm" is considered BAD!  Wow!

I had asked a question about ashwagandha and some say it helped them and others say it's supposed to be bad for benzo withdrawal.

I saw cannabis on the list of things we should not be taking while withdrawing.  So, what is the verdict?

Still  just a personal thing or is it really not good for the receptors/GABA, etc.?

100% personal.

I can't comment on the science, but can share my experience. The only adverse reaction I've had to anything I've tried during this journey was a 400mg dose of magnesium. I didn't know I wasn't supposed to take that much. D'oh!

The only things I really avoid are too much caffeine or alcohol. I already don't eat fast food or too much sugar. I take CBD, ashwaganda and allergy medicine in the morning, then probiotics, a sinus supplement and melatonin at night. I smoke and vape THC daily and take Indica edibles nightly for insomnia.

The edibles definitely help the insomnia. I wouldn't get the 6-7 hours of sleep a night I now do without them. I'm also pretty sure the ashwaganda is helping take the edge off my stress and anxiety, pretty much like CBD does, maybe better.

I've been using THC since before benzos. It's never given me any issues. I'm so thankful for MMJ. I wish my pot doc could see me as a regular patient, but he only does recommendations these days.

I know this isn't the case for everyone, but all these things, especially THC, have been nothing but helpful for me!

I can't comment on the science, but can share my experience. The only adverse reaction I've had to anything I've tried during this journey was a 400mg dose of magnesium. I didn't know I wasn't supposed to take that much. D'oh!

The only things I really avoid are too much caffeine or alcohol. I already don't eat fast food or too much sugar. I take CBD, ashwaganda and allergy medicine in the morning, then probiotics, a sinus supplement and melatonin at night. I smoke and vape THC daily and take Indica edibles nightly for insomnia.

The edibles definitely help the insomnia. I wouldn't get the 6-7 hours of sleep a night I now do without them. I'm also pretty sure the ashwaganda is helping take the edge off my stress and anxiety, pretty much like CBD does, maybe better.

I've been using THC since before benzos. It's never given me any issues. I'm so thankful for MMJ. I wish my pot doc could see me as a regular patient, but he only does recommendations these days.

I know this isn't the case for everyone, but all these things, especially THC, have been nothing but helpful for me!

Meanwhile, I love magnesium! Although I don't think I have ever taken over 240 mg at a time.

I now believe 100 percent that I would not be able to taper without the mmj. My nausea is just too awful. With my dosing schedule, I am now usually nausea-free for all but the first two hours of the day. And those two hours are a horror show.

I do think supplements, mmj, cbd oil, etc. is all very individual. There are people on one of my facebook groups who seem to love kratom, which here is really frowned upon.

We all need to do what we need to do to get through the day. If supplements help, why not take them.

Has anyone tried CBD flower

I had success with oil but I am still having issues with bruising

My blood doctor wants me off all supplements to see if CBD is playing any role in my issues. I did read that it can affect platelet function. I was going to try flower as opposed to supplements since it seems to be more natural than the processING and adition of coconut oils in the supplements.

I'm also think vaping may not effect me like ingesting.

Any thoughts are welcome.

Thanks

I had success with oil but I am still having issues with bruising

My blood doctor wants me off all supplements to see if CBD is playing any role in my issues. I did read that it can affect platelet function. I was going to try flower as opposed to supplements since it seems to be more natural than the processING and adition of coconut oils in the supplements.

Any thoughts are welcome.

Thanks

I've been in the cannabis industry for over 4 years, but haven't smoked CBD flower yet. I love the dispensary where I work and fully trust my growers and never go anywhere else and we just don't carry it. We do carry CBD isolates, tinctures, topicals, edibles and vape cartridges, though.

Smoking and vaping should take effect almost immediately and wear off after about 1-3 hours. Tinctures and other edibles take longer, but last longer, at about 4-6 hours.

https://www.safecannabisuse.com/dosing/

It's also important to make sure you're getting good quality products. You should be able to research what the grows who provide dispensaries with the products you buy use in their growing processes. That can affect us sometimes. The only way to certify organically currently is at the federal level (USDA), so for now, we have to do our own due diligence to ensure we're buying from good companies.

http://cannabis-chronicles.com/2014/11/organic-marijuana/?age-verified=16f206eed3

I have, and you can see my lack luster results posted several posts above this one. However, I wouldn't take my experience as a true indication of the products ability to help. It just didn't help me.

I have, and you can see my lack luster results posted several posts above this one. However, I wouldn't take my experience as a true indication of the products ability to help. It just didn't help me.

In my experience it would seem at least a little THC with the cbd is necessary to get the desired effects . A 2:1 ratios seems to work wonderfully especially for THC sensitive groups

In my experience it would seem at least a little THC with the cbd is necessary to get the desired effects . A 2:1 ratios seems to work wonderfully especially for THC sensitive groups

The amount of THC in a 2:1 ratio would eliminate me from using it due to random employment drug testing. So ridiculous. There will come a time in this country where we'll look back on marijuana's status of being widely illegal with such lunacy as we now do alcohol.

• 4 weeks later...

hey all. I haven't been posting here for more then 1 year. anyways, after being 2 years off benzo, and 1 month off gabapentin I feel mostly ok. all that benzo junk left me, and I have some minimal symptoms left, 1 being some mild/medium tinnitus, and the other muscle twitching which comes and goes, some days being twitching free, other days very bad - to the level of muscle pain.

I was wondering if anybody here had good success with CBD for muscle symptoms, and if yes, what brand/type do you use

I have found CBD to be a godsend for muscle and joint pain. Muscle pain used to keep me awake at night, but no more. I have used: AC/DC (using that now) -- it has a bit of THC but not enough to have any marked psychotropic effect; Cannatonic; Charlotte's Web; and Corazon. The last two are 100% CBD and for some reason are pretty hard to find where I live. Either everyone wants them and they sell out fast . . . or no one is growing them because no one wants them. Dunno. When I find either of the latter two, I buy a lot.

I start with flower buds and make a tincture. If anyone wants my "recipe", just PM me.

Hope this helps.

Katz

found some old CBD vaping juice somewhere. tried this morning. it is mildly sedative (rather negative for work), but the twitching in my leg disappeared 90%, while the pain being gone 75%.

it is as good as it gets.....great tool for temporary relief. i ordered some CBD capsules online....

Hi all, am currently at 1.414 mg valium a day, cutting 5% per 2 weeks. Last few months has been getting tougher, with most annoying sx being daily headaches and exhaustion. Just got told I am Vit D deficient and iron overload in my blood. I am looking for a high CBD and lowest THC strain to grow, as pot usually makes me anxious and gives me nightmares. Recommendations please?

I tried some hemp CBD oil [the type they sell everywhere in pharmacies and vitamins stores, etc.] a long while back that I purchased at a vape shop.  Paid 80 dollars for it.  It liquid, but had tiny pieces of crystal in it [some pcs. larger than others].  The liquid was not clear or even cloudy.  It had pieces floating in it. 

Anyway, when I tried it for the first time I was so hopeful to experience some anxiety relief as I had tapered off of valium and was in a lot of agony.  The first drop under my tongue made me feel like "satan was breathing on me!"  It was hellish.  Then shortly after, I started feeling like everything was surreal.  Scary!  I did not smoke, take drugs and the strongest thing I ever drank was grape juice.  I didn't even do vitamins!  I was very healthy and the only reason for being on the benzo was because of the dr's placing me on them after a botched opioid c/t after surgery that the doctors never warned me about!

Anyway, the only reason I'm telling you all of that is so you understand that my body was never used to foreign substances and I only at healthy and worked hard at clearing our land in West Virginia.  After suffering an accident and subsequent surgery, my whole life changed.  I have spent 3 years trying to get off this horrid drug.  Everything they've tried me on has not worked or made me worse!

Even the simple CBD hemp oil wiped me out after one use!  I tried another brand since someone told me that the CBD was bad since it had the crystals in it and I probably got too much at one time.  So, I went with a brand online that seemed very reputable and it didn't react quite so badly, but it still made me feel sick and did not help the anxiety, sleep, pain, or anything.

Someone gave me a tiny speck of Rick Simpson's oil that he made and gave his wife for cancer [it cured her after he flooded her body with it].  We wanted to see if that would help me, but after just using it for a few days made me feel so bad and made my hyperacusis worse!  Since my first taper off the valium, I developed severe hyperacusis.

I am registered for the MMJ card, but don't know if I want to pay the high dr. costs and card fees and then the high prices for the MMJ products here in PA.

Anybody ever experience anything like this?  Why am I so sensitive to simple CBD hemp oil that grandma and kids can take here.  Would the MMJ CBD be worse since I reacted so badly to the hemp CBD?

Am I just NOT a candidate for MMJ?

LynnM: it is pretty clear that you can not handle most of cannabis. I was/am in the same boat. Anytime I tried MMJ during/post benzo w/d, the gates of hell opened.

Even pure CBD would cause 'mini gates of hell' to open. and I am 2 years out. The only CBD product I had no issues with, and I don't advertise it, was Ezra's (www.ezrahelps.com as of today) CBD.

I think that many CBD products still contain THC, and even small amount set you off.

that said - the application of CBD does seem be very limited for me. it does help mostly with muscle tension/twitches and nausea. I never had any mental benefit.

Thank you Locutus.  I as afraid of that.  I even tried magnesium and it sent me for a big spin!  I just have one of those genetic tendencies, I guess.  Am getting desperate, though.  Things are getting worse.

I know this is off topic but I know some folks on here work for dispensaries and to be honest I am desperate for some advice.

My 16 year old has been ill for several months and it's worsening quickly and it seems very likely that it is Crohn's disease. His primary complaint is stomach pain and lack of appetite (and massive weight loss). I would like to try CBD oil for the pain but all of the "marijuana is so damaging to the teen brain" stories are making me hesitant. I know there is hardly any THC in the CBD oil but there is some.

Does anyone know anyone who has their kids using CBD oil? Is this really a risk to try? I know Crohn's is a qualifying condition for medical marijuana as well so I have to believe the CBD oil from hemp might help in some way.

Honestly, the pharmaceutical options to treat Crohn's have pretty significant side effects that are leaving me terrified, plus of course I am no fan of big pharma.

Appreciate any feedback if anyone has it. Again, realize this is off topic.

Hey all! Good morning!

First, I wanted to advocate for Mmj, largely due to my own personal experience and also from watching others succeed.

To me, the most important thing to do when beginning to experiment is to find reputable sources. It's crucial to finding an objective way through all the hype. Personally,  I would never purchase anything at a smoke shop. Period. I am fortunate enough to live where Mmj is legal. For those of you that dont, look into The Realm of Caring.com. It can be one of the most valuable resources you will ever find on the internet at large. They are partnered with John Hopkins university school of medicine and are researching all things cbd, thc, etc....

There is alot of information and misinformation out there and for anyone that values truth in healing, there's no better place to start!

Peace &Love

Hope&Faith!!!

I know this is off topic but I know some folks on here work for dispensaries and to be honest I am desperate for some advice.

My 16 year old has been ill for several months and it's worsening quickly and it seems very likely that it is Crohn's disease. His primary complaint is stomach pain and lack of appetite (and massive weight loss). I would like to try CBD oil for the pain but all of the "marijuana is so damaging to the teen brain" stories are making me hesitant. I know there is hardly any THC in the CBD oil but there is some.

Does anyone know anyone who has their kids using CBD oil? Is this really a risk to try? I know Crohn's is a qualifying condition for medical marijuana as well so I have to believe the CBD oil from hemp might help in some way.

Honestly, the pharmaceutical options to treat Crohn's have pretty significant side effects that are leaving me terrified, plus of course I am no fan of big pharma.

Appreciate any feedback if anyone has it. Again, realize this is off topic.

Hi NJ my heart really goes out to you and your son and  your entire family. I’m so incredibly sorry this must be a tremendously stressful and devastating time for all of you.  :hug:

I spoke recently with a young woman who works in the dispensary who is now treating her Crohns very successfully and exclusively with cbd products although they are cannabis based to the point she is now off all other prescribed medications. We didn’t get into a detailed conversation so I don’t know if she experimented with hemp cbd prior to getting her card but she did say the fact she could stop all of her previously prescribed meds (also diagnosed with Crohns in her teens) speaks volumes.

Personally I would not even hesitate to try hemp cbd. Not even for one second it would absolutely be my first choice simply *because*  it’s a hemp based product you’re considering. The amount of thc in hemp based products is minimal and maybe that’s just my take regarding any concerns about his developing brain. In my opinion there’s very little risk and potentially much control to be gained in what will more than likely unfortunately be a life long chronic condition.  :'(

Obviously you will need to see what he thinks about trying cbd oil and also have a very frank conversation concerning all of this and why you believe this is worth a try versus the alternative prescription option. I shudder to think of the side effects of those so I’m right there with you.

Also obviously if he were to to consider becoming a legal patient there would need to be very many more thoughtful conversations because of his age.

Wishing you all the very best.

:smitten:

The Realm of Caring.com works extensively with youth that are grappling with all conditions considered to benefit from MMJ. Start there and educate yourself. No one else will do it for you. As painful as that is to say, unfortunately it is also true.

Muster up all the strength and courage you can, which believe me, I know can be easier said than done. Especially in Benzo withdrawal.

It can be your path to healing and wellness. I for one am rooting for you! As are many here I imagine.

Peace&Love

Hope&Faith