Important Survey - Please Participate ×
Dr. David Healy - Raising Awareness of Inappropriate or Harmful Deprescribing Practices ×

Medical Cannabis and Cannabis CBD Oil Group

[su...]

Appreciate your help in advance since I’m still rather math challenged

Sure thing, Sags. Just let me know and I will PM you my "recipe". Our buddie badsocref helped me with it -- the math part of it had me a bit flummoxed. It's dead easy. And it is he best thing for sleep. In fact, I'm going to have some now.

LMK. Love 'ya.

Katz

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Af...]

• [Ma...]

• [Re...]

• [or...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks NM for helping me make a decision, I used the Blueberry last night. Glad to know there’s someone here who’s made feco oil. I’d love to try making some myself eventually preferably without the risk of blowing up my house. I think I’ve watched too many dubious looking tutorials on YouTube that made me pause at the idea of it.  :idiot:

Thanks Katz. Dead easy works for me.  :)

:smitten:

[5d...]

Thanks NM for helping me make a decision, I used the Blueberry last night. Glad to know there’s someone here who’s made feco oil. I’d love to try making some myself eventually preferably without the risk of blowing up my house. I think I’ve watched too many dubious looking tutorials on YouTube that made me pause at the idea of it.  :idiot:

Thanks Katz. Dead easy works for me.  :)

You’re welcome! I wish I could offer more help regarding making FECO. It’s the best. 💕 I keep indica leaning hybrids on hand. And plants with sedating properties at night. I’m down from 4 mg of Klonopin to 1 mg since January. I’ve missed SO LITTLE sleep and I haven’t had panic attacks which was why I was prescribed benzos. My taper has been shockingly smooth so far. 😊 I wish everyone well.

A lot of buddies from a few years ago used the adrenal cocktail right before bedtime  to help with nighttime wake ups due to adrenaline and or cortisol surges.  :thumbsup:

NM, a shockingly smooth taper so far is awesome news! I’m so glad you’ve been able to drop so much without losing sleep or having panic attacks. No doubt having cannabis on board has been a huge help. I know making feco oil is tricky and time consuming as well but that’s my ultimate goal once I feel some comfort level making tinctures etc. I am noticing the dispensaries are carrying more and more products using CO2 extraction methods and calling them sauces or simply oil syringes trying to compete with rso/ feco market I believe. Feco oil is hugely popular here and tends to sell out within hours of being available. Hopefully all the competition will result in lower prices, lol.

[5d...]

A lot of buddies from a few years ago used the adrenal cocktail right before bedtime  to help with nighttime wake ups due to adrenaline and or cortisol surges.  :thumbsup:

NM, a shockingly smooth taper so far is awesome news! I’m so glad you’ve been able to drop so much without losing sleep or having panic attacks. No doubt having cannabis on board has been a huge help. I know making feco oil is tricky and time consuming as well but that’s my ultimate goal once I feel some comfort level making tinctures etc. I am noticing the dispensaries are carrying more and more products using CO2 extraction methods and calling them sauces or simply oil syringes trying to compete with rso/ feco market I believe. Feco oil is hugely popular here and tends to sell out within hours of being available. Hopefully all the competition will result in lower prices, lol.

Thank you!!! I’m hugely excited. This is an unparalleled experience. I have PTSD since childhood, and I’ve gone through some depression, which has been totally normal considering life circumstances;  depression is normal. I worked THROUGH the sadness and despair instead of trying to go around it. Big step. 💕💕💕 I stay away from THC isolates. Basically the oil is stripped of all cannabonoids besides THC, then flavorful terpenes are added back. Smh It will get you high? I don’t think it necessarily heals like FECO. I’m very fortunate.

can you tell me more about feco?  I am considering mmj but seems so unpredictable, but if  worse comes to worse, my worst problem evolved from lack of sleep and anxiety/panic during early morning awakenings.  These hours of terror caused my adrenaline to surge and then my body started to burn out of control until it became a hospital issue that they said they could not control without the reinstituting of the benzo's.  Never again!

The adrenal cocktail--I'll give it a try.  Can't hurt.

The feco.  Would that be available anywhere or can I find out if Pennsylvania has it in or not yet?  We are still fairly new.

Thanks a bunch!

Desperate to heal after all this time!

Hi am new with a question.  I screwed up taper.... I had cut too much and doing poorlyto point of intense depression/terror.  Last night went bck to higher dose and wow, after 3 hrs sleep (at least I slept) woke up super revved. 

So am taking an indica half a square of chocolat...  5 mg thc.

People who use to sleep what do they use?  I have heard of some using stuff during the day to make them mellow.  I am not looking for a high but wow, I am not getting off benzos well.  Am on valium/ ambien / bit of lyrica.    Guessing valium is the worst of the bunch.  Lyrica was there to help m sleep, but i always afraid of it so taking about 25 or 30 mg, eyeballing powder of capsule.

Any thoughts?  Wonder why more valium made me sleep faster but up in few hrs revved.  Parodoxical?

Barbara,

I use a high THC indica strain (blueberry kush), which I made into an alcohol tincture. I use about 20 drops of this to help with sleep. I think a lot of this is trial and error. If I were able to vape or smoke it it would likely be more effective, but I have a recent history (last 5 years) of multiple cases of pneumonia/bronchitis so don't want to do anything to irritate my lungs.

Hope you are feeling a bit better.

NMSafe,

You mentioned that Feco oil is very popular where you are and sells out fast.  Where is this located?  What state/city?

Lynne,

This isn't available in NJ. Just FYI. Maybe call a PA dispensary?

I am seeing a cannabis doctor to get my card first week in October.  Then I can shop around.  I had an earlier appt., but cancelled it when I heard that PA is lacking in a lot of choices.  But now I hear things are opening up fast and so there's more to work with.  I can then start calling around.  Or perhaps I'll call ahead of time if they allow that.  Not sure.  I'll check.

Thanks.

Hi Lynn, I was the one who said rso/ feco oil is one of the products that quickly sells out in the dispensaries nearest me in PA. I’ve noticed checking the menus often that Lancaster sells products far more quickly than Phoenixville. I have to say within the last two weeks the menu selection has become quite diverse, I’m actually incredibly impressed with how many different products are now available. Cresco was the only producer of rso to date and their products DO generally disappear quickly. However I was able to pick up the first available rso capsules by a new company. Salmon River OG by Liberty in a 5 mg dosage which is perfect for me and they were also a quite reasonable cost $30 for 20 capsules.  I’m very pleased overall with how far they’ve come since opening, more product selection is evening out the demand.

NJ I wasn’t aware you were only able to buy flower. I’m truly sorry you don’t have the product selection available. I wonder what their reasoning was to only allow flower? It doesn’t make much sense but then again our state original decision  to not allow flower or edibles didn’t make sense either. I’m glad the tincture is working well for you, I made my first one thanks to Katz’s easy instructions. It won’t be ready under later this week. Can’t wait to see how it works out, I went with a daytime 1:1 formula instead of my original plan since I had the strains on hand. I also much prefer using products orally rather than vaping.

Saga--I am very disappointed in selection in NJ. I would really prefer not to have to make my own tincture but don't feel I have any choice right now. Would love to have access to CBN too as that would help with sleep I think but no options like that. I hope the push to become a recreational state goes through soon as I think it would expand product.

I took a quick peek at the NJ dispensary menus last night, yes they do have lesser amounts of strains than I’m seeing in PA but a fair amount of options if you’re able to travel. That’s also part of the problem I’m sure trying to get to a new location may not be viable. Sigh. I think I’d be more disappointed in the fact only flower is available. Trust me I’d be feeling the same way about the recreational market potentially opening up the product options. I am sorry though, this can be a frustrating endeavor without the hassle of needing to negotiate multiple dispensaries.

I meant to thank you for the article you linked NM, excellent!

I took a quick peek at the NJ dispensary menus last night, yes they do have lesser amounts of strains than I’m seeing in PA but a fair amount of options if you’re able to travel. That’s also part of the problem I’m sure trying to get to a new location may not be viable. Sigh. I think I’d be more disappointed in the fact only flower is available. Trust me I’d be feeling the same way about the recreational market potentially opening up the product options. I am sorry though, this can be a frustrating endeavor without the hassle of needing to negotiate multiple dispensaries.

I meant to thank you for the article you linked NM, excellent!

Yes, some of the dispensaries with best options are very far from where I live, and others have waiting lists weeks long for a first appointment! Very frustrating but it is helping at least a bit with my nausea.

Boom if it were me, I’d try a product from a company with a trusted reputation and the one beyond seems to recommend is Charlottes Web cbd hemp oil.

https://www.cwhemp.com/

They have 3 different products and the lowest or least potent one has the same amount of cannabinoids as the one you showed. I also highly recommend the cbd oil I still use at times to help combat the effects of too much thc. Ezra has been great to work with!  https://www.ezrahelps.com/

Hi NoMore , I nodded several times reading your post, that was an inspired thought to call dispensaries in CO! I fantasized about traveling to CO many times simply for some CBN products since that was the first question I asked when the dispensaries opened here. I really really want to try CBN!  They were promised CBN specific strains but so far it hasn’t happened.

I do a lot of my own research by checking all the dispensary menus in the state for information about specific strains/ products. Since there are so few producers right now they tend to have the same products available throughout the state however I’ve found every menu lists different types of information. I gather as much as I possibly can before going to the dispensary. Then I mostly ask their opinion or for them to compare specific products. It’s very surprising to me how little information is displayed but I’ve been able gather a fair amount in addition to checking the sites I’ve previously mentioned like Leafly and Allbud. The biggest general miss all the way around is terpene profiles. I’ve occasionally been able to get answers at the dispensary about some of those profiles but a printout or a display of the profiles would be most useful.

I’m happy to say the dispensaries in PA are really starting to have a nice variety of products available. Flower is now available in all the dispensaries and the restrictions on amounts have been lifted. Three weeks after flower was introduced I’ve noticed some  of the other products  have dropped a little bit in price thankfully. I’m feeling a little better about availability in general however I learned the hard way to buy 2 of something if it works well for me just in case it goes missing for long periods of time and I don’t have a backup product.

It’s still very much a trail and error experience even doing all kinds of research unfortunately, I wish there was a better way to go about this but I don’t believe there is unfortunately.

I’ll look for the concoction to help with adrenaline surges and post it here for you if I find it, I can’t say I used it myself but it’s worth a try.

Their stock is 3 cents so I bought 1500 shares. I agree it’s a trusted name and they are waiting on full legalization to take off.

Hi,

I'm a huge fan of Charlotte's Web CBD tincture, however, I'm interviewing for a job at a different company and I'm close to an offer and soon after administer a drug test.  Because I take CW's Everyday Advanced, when I did a home drug test for THC, it came out positive.  This did not surprise me because the Advanced has 0.03% THC which will build up over time.  Does anyone have a 0% THC CBD they can recommend for inflammation and nerve pain?  I'm currently on Select CBD, but it's just OK.  I live in the US.

I apologize if this question has been asked and answered before.  I wasn't able to find it in the search.

Thanks!

I tried several forms of mmj [not smoking or vaping] and found that they made my hyperacusis very severe [sound sensitivity].  That was only after a few days' worth. 

Do any forms of the mmj, like CBN, or such, that are supposed to help with sleep still cause something like this?

Also, has anyone found mmj to make their tinnitus worse?  I read several accounts online where people said their tinnitus got worse while on marijuana.  But I don't know if they were using the medical version or just plain marijuana.

Also, has anyone found mmj to make their tinnitus worse?  I read several accounts online where people said their tinnitus got worse while on marijuana.  But I don't know if they were using the medical version or just plain marijuana.

Not here. Has no effect on it one way or another at the moment.

I have never noticed any perceptible change in my tinnitus but then again mine fluctuates quite a bit. No doubt cannabis does at times make me hyper aware of my neurological sxs sometimes uncomfortably. For example I occasionally have very strong inner vibrations and there are times cannabis does make me more aware of them but the benefits have far outweighed the hyper awareness.

Looks, Not at all a stupid question!  I hope someone will correct me if I’m wrong, but I don’t believe it’s possible to have a cannabis or hemp based product without trace amounts of thc. I don’t know enough about testing to know if you’d test positive using the different formulation. I’m not sure I’d take the chance.  CW does have a disclaimer on their site that any of their products can cause a positive test.

Will Charlotte's Web™ products cause me to fail a drug test?

Much like the consumption of poppy seeds may lead to a positive drug test for opioids, the consumption of certain hemp products may lead to a positive drug test for tetrahydrocannabinol (THC). THC is inherently present in trace amounts in hemp plants. The legal limit of THC in hemp is no more than 0.3%. Furthermore, the underlying science behind the conversion of certain cannabinoids, for example cannabidiol (CBD), when consumed, to other related cannabinoids, for example THC, is not yet fully understood. Although the risk is low, individual biochemistry, the possibility of conversion of cannabinoids and the possibility of trace, but legal, amounts of THC inherent in hemp products, we strongly suggest consulting your health care provider before consuming any hemp products if you are subject to drug testing.

Have you spoken to to anyone from their company?  I believe this is the case for any of the hemp based products. I’d hate to see you potentially lose out on a new job for a positive drug test. Your best bet may be to temporarily give up the cbd although it’s helping you so much. I know it’s a tough and tricky situation needing it for relief and also changing jobs. Wishing you the best of luck.  :thumbsup: