Important Survey - Please Participate ×
Dr. David Healy - Raising Awareness of Inappropriate or Harmful Deprescribing Practices ×

Medical Cannabis and Cannabis CBD Oil Group

[su...]

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Af...]

• [Ma...]

• [Re...]

• [or...]

Top Posters In This Topic

I had limited pain relief using hemp oil cbd, it was all I could access at the time so I stayed with it until our state program was up and running.

Hi Third,  I’m so glad you found adding a cbd strain made such a difference in combination with the indica, awesome news although I’m so sorry you’ve been in a bad way the last month.

Regarding dosage that’s the beauty of cannabis dosing as I’ve found it to be very flexible and yours is an example of how this is a experimental path for each of us.  I micro dose daily and depending on the day and sxs my ranges of dose vary wildly and generally are anywhere from 2.5 mg per doses to 20 mg per dose. I’ve had virtually NO problem whatsoever dropping down going back and forth and anywhere in between these dosages.  If I’ve been in a lower dosage pain cycle I’ll often find cannabis in general more effective after I’ve been able to dial back my usage.  I can easily go up and down again and often do. Personally my best combination for pain control is a 1:1 ratio of thc to cbd which is similar to what you’ve found. Based on my own experience I believe you’ll be easily able to dial the cbd mg dosage back and very possibly with the same good effect. Obviously we all understand the financial concerns. I’m constantly looking for more cost effectiveness.

Just saw this today NJ, I know it won’t help since you cannot vape products but hopefully this is the first move in the right direction toward more choice!

https://mjbizdaily.com/new-jersey-oks-vape-cartridges-boosting-medical-cannabis-market-potentials/

:smitten:

abcd, was it cannabis cbd?  or hemp cbd?

Hi Lynn, it was hemp. 

I've also done some experimenting with a few THC products (dry, edible, topical) and, although I find them *highly* effective for pain - 100% pain free within three minutes - I'm unable to tolerate the psychoactive effects.  In my particular case, I have to be pretty high for it to work, but it then also enhances (my awareness of?) my other symptoms to such an extent that it makes for a pretty torturous 4-6 hours for me.  So the pain is the lesser of the two evils, unfortunately for me.

Reposting a couple of selection charts which may offer some guidance to newcomers to this thread.

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=165140.msg2275168;topicseen#msg2275168

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=165140.msg2246927;topicseen#msg2246927

Weed helps me become aware of my awareness. Helps me notice where my mind is, and tune in to my heart beat. After say ten minutes of noticing my heart rhythm, I feel super super peaceful. I just smoked for the first time in three years and I'm wondering why I ever stopped?

Weed helps me become aware of my awareness. Helps me notice where my mind is, and tune in to my heart beat. After say ten minutes of noticing my heart rhythm, I feel super super peaceful. I just smoked for the first time in three years and I'm wondering why I ever stopped?

Awesome.  So glad it was a good experience for you. I, too, find that cannabis makes me more mindful of my feelings.  <3

So far I am not noticing anything as a rookie CBD user.  I am up to 30mg per day  (15mg am, 15mg pm) but no effect.

As someone who has never tried MJ EVER, no reason, just a social drinker (I probably would have been better off with MJ), what kind of anxiety risk might there be in trying a 3:1 tinxture of CBD:THC for my poor fragile brain???!!!

-RST

Thanks for the replies. ACDC is also the strain I use and I was totally off. My vapor dosage is only about 15Mg a day CBD. Some of my other strains have trace. Sadly I don’t think the positive reaction was due to the CBD.

ever come out of a really bad wave and just that alone makes you feel amazing. I’ve returned to pre CBD but want to continue it as there are so many benefits I might not be noticing. I also attribute the window to barely smoking much during the bad wave, I reduced my tolerance. Something tells me I need to take more breaks. A week off and wow when I went back.

I’m being forced on a Disney vacation in January and maybe I’ll take a break before so I can catch another one of those. I can’t believe how fast my tolerance vanished and I was still smoking some.

abcd, I tried hemp cbd and it made me feel awful!!!

I heard that cannabis cbd is different and better.  I haven't gone to get a card yet, so I can't answer whether that's true for me or not.  Perhaps you can check that out????

abcd, I tried hemp cbd and it made me feel awful!!!

I heard that cannabis cbd is different and better.  I haven't gone to get a card yet, so I can't answer whether that's true for me or not.  Perhaps you can check that out????

An update on my recent AC/DC.. I think it would be working fine if I was not on any other medication. It built up in my system over the past week and I experienced full blown withdrawal yesterday due to 2 cups of coffee... I can handle 4 in 24 hours. 2 felt like a whole pot of coffee. This leads me to believe I’m my CYP450 enzyme may be effected more than others. I never had the genetic test but it makes total sense why the caffeine was not being eliminated the same and the Klonopin May have been less available. I’m stopping the CBD until off all medications. At that point I think it will be very helpful. My liver is just not strong enough for it on the antidepressant. I’m thinking these side effects should lift in a couple days with only regular THC. We will see. Jeeze I must be super sensitive to everything now!

So far I am not noticing anything as a rookie CBD user.  I am up to 30mg per day  (15mg am, 15mg pm) but no effect.

As someone who has never tried MJ EVER, no reason, just a social drinker (I probably would have been better off with MJ), what kind of anxiety risk might there be in trying a 3:1 tinxture of CBD:THC for my poor fragile brain???!!!

-RST

It does sometimes take a few weeks of use for the endocannabinoid system to respond, however if you’re not seeing any kind of relief I’d try the 3:1 tincture starting with the lowest possible dose. You may find these guides helpful.

https://www.projectcbd.org/guidance/cbd-users-manual

https://www.safeaccessnow.org/using_medical_cannabis

Hi Third, I’m sorry if I misunderstood your post and experience with the cbd strain. Hoping you feel better soon.

So last night I bought some very high potent weed. Took two hits and freaked out for like five hours straight. This ever happen to anyone? I straight up panicked non stop. Felt like I couldn't get a breath of air (hyperventilating), crazy fear. But then it lifted and I slept like twelve hours and today I feel incredible :laugh:

So last night I bought some very high potent weed. Took two hits and freaked out for like five hours straight. This ever happen to anyone? I straight up panicked non stop. Felt like I couldn't get a breath of air (hyperventilating), crazy fear. But then it lifted and I slept like twelve hours and today I feel incredible :laugh:

This is due to the initial binding of CB receptors and sudden spikes in dopamine and norepinephrine, which is often a result of the more stimulating strains like those with high THC to CBD ratios.

CB receptors are activated and dramatically reduce GABA transduction. This allows monoamines like dopamine and norepinephrine to surge, which is where you get some of the psychoactive effects. GABA regulates these two, which makes some sense: with GABA blunted, things are more free to play themselves out.

Glutamate is also reduced, which allows even more dopamine and norepinephrine to flow, and in different areas of the body. Panic attacks and anxiety can be pretty bad for up to two hours. Chew on fresh black pepper to help lessen the initial blow. It's weird, but it works.

This is due to the initial binding of CB receptors and sudden spikes in dopamine and norepinephrine, which is often a result of the more stimulating strains like those with high THC to CBD ratios.

CB receptors are activated and dramatically reduce GABA transduction. This allows monoamines like dopamine and norepinephrine to surge, which is where you get some of the psychoactive effects. GABA regulates these two, which makes some sense: with GABA blunted, things are more free to play themselves out.

Glutamate is also reduced, which allows even more dopamine and norepinephrine to flow, and in different areas of the body. Panic attacks and anxiety can be pretty bad for up to two hours. Chew on fresh black pepper to help lessen the initial blow. It's weird, but it works.

Thanks for the awesome info. Plus I'm taking ginkgo biloba so my gaba is super low. I almost passed out

But I started slowing down my breathing and slowly came out of it. Super intense

Thanks for the awesome info. Plus I'm taking ginkgo biloba so my gaba is super low. I almost passed out

But I started slowing down my breathing and slowly came out of it. Super intense

You're taking ginkgo, too?!?!? Oh, man, that'll do it!

Yeah, ginkgos action is similar in that it's thought to antagonize both GABA and glutamate.

Blood pressure can either spike or drop. Yours probably dropped.

Yeah, ginkgos action is similar in that it's thought to antagonize both GABA and glutamate.

Damn. Maybe I should come off the ginkgo? I lowered my dose today? Only took one in the am

I am curious how often people on here are using mmj. I started twice daily use in early August due to severe nausea that lasted 8 months; the mmj finally helped knock that down a bit. I take a small amount during the day and more at night to help with sleep. I am still using product (1/2 ounce) I bought in June, so obviously not going through that quickly. Should I be concerned about this level of usage? I am not sure I could continue without this.

I didn't have nausea yesterday morning so didn't use any and was fine. I guess I just need some reassurance that this is okay. This is all new to me and I hate to have a crutch but I cannot continue to feel nauseous day and night until the end of time.

I am curious how often people on here are using mmj. I started twice daily use in early August due to severe nausea that lasted 8 months; the mmj finally helped knock that down a bit. I take a small amount during the day and more at night to help with sleep. I am still using product (1/2 ounce) I bought in June, so obviously not going through that quickly. Should I be concerned about this level of usage? I am not sure I could continue without this.

I didn't have nausea yesterday morning so didn't use any and was fine. I guess I just need some reassurance that this is okay. This is all new to me and I hate to have a crutch but I cannot continue to feel nauseous day and night until the end of time.

I guess it depends how much you're using .  You're using it twice a day. But how much are you using?

I make a tincture with alcohol. I really don't know how it equates to a dosage. I use about 5 drops in the morning and about 30 drops at night. I use a sativa strain during the daytime and a high thc strain at night.

I have no idea really of how much thc/cbd this would equate to given the homebrew nature of this. I don't feel altered at all during the day but at night for sleep I do feel relaxed and calm (but still functional, my kids see me like this all the time but don't suspect anything nor does my husband ever comment on anything).

Damn. Maybe I should come off the ginkgo? I lowered my dose today? Only took one in the am

Be careful about how you dose ginkgo, bud. The components that block glutamate have a shorter half-life than those that block GABA. You don't want to have GABA stifled and leave glutamate firing more unopposed. It can put you at risk for seizures.

Every 12 hours during a cycle is wise.

I would definitely come off ginkgo if smoking. It would be an interesting experiment, but way too risky. You don't want refractory seizures.

Hi NJ

Like lineman30 said it depends on how much you use per day

It sounds like your not doing much so I wouldn't be concerned if you a worried about doing too much

In my opinion even just doing two tokes twice a day isn't all that much if it is giving you the relief you want and need.

As an analogy I used to average a 1/4 ounce a week at the height of my career lol

If I could keep it to two times a day I was doing good.

But really two times a day is not much and if a half and ounce lasts a few months then in my opinion your utilizing it wisely.

-RST

It does sometimes take a few weeks of use for the endocannabinoid system to respond, however if you’re not seeing any kind of relief I’d try the 3:1 tincture starting with the lowest possible dose. You may find these guides helpful.

https://www.projectcbd.org/guidance/cbd-users-manual

https://www.safeaccessnow.org/using_medical_cannabis

Hi Third, I’m sorry if I misunderstood your post and experience with the cbd strain. Hoping you feel better soon.

Thanks Saga, I'm going to continue to look into CBD and it's mixtures.  I realized I need to learn more about it to go further in experimenting with it. 

I'm starting N-acetylcysteine so I'm going to give the CBD a break to not confuse myself as to what is or isn't doing what.

-RST

I highly doubt I'll have a seizure. But I will go back up to twice daily. It only seems logical based on your information.

Tonight I just took one hit and put it down. Didn't have near as much anxiety as last night.

Thanks for the quality info once again.

After reading up on the info you provided and doing some research on my own, mixing cannabis along with ginko probably isn't the best idea, especially someone already compromised due to benzo discontinuation syndrome

I'm going to exercise with caution especially after this new understanding.  :laugh:

I wouldn't be too concerned about twice daily usage. I use THC multiple times daily and CBD once or twice a day and the only drawback is I have a bit of a tolerance and spend a little more on products. I don't fear this tolerance like prescription pill tolerance. I see it as more like my once a day coffee habit. Your usage seems minimal in my eyes.

You can also consider using it when symptoms appear instead of preventatively if you become too concerned.

I have a question for the CBD wise members in this thread about my own experience trying to gain some benefits of CBD.

First, I am no stranger to power strains of marijuana and am very comfortable with the effects it has on the mind, body and spirit. With that said, I now however have a job where I am randomly / needlessly drug tested and live in a state where marijuana is illegal with strict enforcement. As my signature shows, I tapered off benzos late last year and have been suffering like many with lasting nerve issues and rebound anxiety. And in the spirit of being willing to try anything to achieve some degree of relief, in terms of anxiety and insomnia, I ordered the following:

https://tweedlefarms.com/products/special-sauce?variant=7798884499509

The hemp flower I received contains over 14% CBDa, 0.06% Δ9-THC, and I have both smoked and vaped (Pax 3) this beautiful specimen. The problem is that I have not achieved any relief, relaxation or improvement in any of my conditions. If I am at baseline before smoking, I am at baseline after smoking. I am aware I will not get a "high" or get a "buzz", but I'm not getting anything beyond a bad weed taste in my mouth. Nothing. I read the 140+ reviews of "The relaxation hits you like a truck" type of words and it just pisses me off.

My question is, what am I doing wrong? Not enough? How much, in terms of grams, should I be smoking? I have a .001g scale and the ability to measure an amount. Should I have pursued oils? Is this type of flower the best option? Admittedly, I feel awful in terms of insomnia, nerve tingling and waves of anxiety (10 month wave period), but I expected to notice something.

Any insight, guidance or help would be greatly appreciated.

Well Overwatch I have to say it would royally piss me off as well seeing all the rave reviews then being disappointed and having a bad weed taste in my mouth!  The product looks good doesn’t it? I’m sorry you’re not having any luck but to be honest I did not see any significant anxiety or insomnia relief myself using cbd alone, however I did have some limited pain relief.

Since you’re limited to cbd products why not try an oil? I’d give it a shot since your options are limited but then again you have to be aware you could possibly test positive for thc depending on the product.

I have never measured exactly how much flower I use in terms of weight in my vaporizer. I also use a Pax 3 but use the adapter for smaller amounts since I mostly only vape in the evening and often not very much. One or two 5 second draws usually work for me. Maybe also try experimenting with more since you have the product? I wish I had better advice, maybe someone else will come up with a suggestion n any event I’m sorry you’re in this situation with workplace testing. I feel incredibly fortunate I’m not subjected to random drug testing at my workplace.