Medical Cannabis and Cannabis CBD Oil Group

[su...]

Guys, take a look at lookingforward's posts. She is VERY proactive in bringing benzo issues to the media (yeah, in Scotland, but they're way out ahead of us in realizing there is a huge problem).

I think you will be encouraged. It's a small snowball . . . soon it will be a big snowball. And then . . .

Katz

Thank you so much.  :thumbsup:

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Af...]

• [Ma...]

• [Re...]

• [or...]

Top Posters In This Topic

How do I go about finding lookingforwards 's posts.  i am not as well acquainted in how to navigate bb yet.

Also, wouldn't it be a great idea to get a petition started on bb and other benzo support groups to send thousands of names on to congress about this issue?  Perhaps some legislative good-heart would be willing to take this and run with it. 

And perhaps the med/marij. industry will become wise to the need and start some strains and scientific work to investigate the help needed for benzo sufferers.

Just a thought----A petition from thousands and thousands of sufferers might get some ears to open up???

Hi Lynne

There is a lot happening in the UK.    We have raised a petition to the Scottish Parliament on prescribed drug dependence (benzos and antidepressants) but it is a different kind of petition process, and is not dependent on getting signatures.  People can sign but that is not a requirement. 

http://www.parliament.scot/GettingInvolved/Petitions/PE01651

A petition has also been raised in Wales but again not dependent on getting signatures.  We have tried a few times to get people to sign petitions for the UK Govt but that was less successful.  This is one petition we started and as you can see there are only just over 1,500 signatures which is pretty good of course.

https://www.change.org/p/health-select-committee-an-independent-inquiry-into-benzodiazepines

This is information compiled for journalists re benzos but it is all  UK related.

https://nevertrustadoctor.wordpress.com/benzodiazepine-medical-disaster/

I post petitions here and ask people to sign, I didn't ask permission.

We have been campaigning for a number of years now and it has taken a lot of effort from a lot of different people to get where we are now, it is really hard work. 

Let me know if I can tell you more.

Best wishes

Fiona  :smitten:

Dear Buddies,

I am not opposed to tangents, but how did we get from CBD support to addressing the problem of benzos in medicine?

There is no problem with benzos in medicine.  Medicine itself is the problem.  As an engineer, I am appalled by what doctors call science.  All of medicine is "throw 'this' at 'that' because the 1000 doctor's before me threw 'this' at 'that' and in more than 50% of cases it helped and in less than 1% of cases people were seriously injured."

That is as true for blood pressure medication as it is for benzos.

And I do not blame doctors either.  The system has caused doctors to lose the connection between "I do a good job, and therefore I get paid."  They get paid the same if the patient is cured, dies, or goes insane.  And allows them to hide bad science behind the concept that the human body is to complex to really understand.  I am not saying the human body is not complex, I am saying its complexity is not a legitimate excuse for bad science.  And again, I do not care if it is blood pressure medication or benzos.

You can rail against benzos if you wish.  I am among those currently too weak to do a god damn thing but maybe put one foot in front of the other.  But if I am ever even reasonably close to well, I will not target benzos as the enemy.  I think they help far more people than they hurt, and seriously damage a very small percentage.  I will target the joke they call medical science.  There is a reason we are sick, and dollars to doughnuts it is genetics that doctors SHOULD be able to determine to prescribe more appropriate treatment than benzos.

Like maybe CBD?  I hope we get back to CBD because I am looking at that bottle of Plus CBD oil and will be trying it in few days.  (next post)

Ramcon1.

Dear Buddies,

Many of you by now have realized that histamines and glutamates may be triggers for you.  I am one of those.  My question is, for those of you who have histamine and glutamate issues like me, did you find CBD oil helpful?

My main fear is that I took one dose of a 1:6 THC:CBD "oil only" medical product, and it hit me like a truck.  I am hoping a whole plant "entourage" natural CBD will be more effective and gentle, but I have seen a few posts of people who said even CBD was stimulating, which is the last thing I need.

So I am asking for CBD experiences from those who know they are histamine and glutamate sensitive.

Thank you in advance,

Ramcon1

Ram,

Histamine and glutamate sensitive right here!

I could write a dissertation on the subject, but I'll keep it brief...

First off, CBD and THC are very similar and there's still much debate over which components are responsible for what.

In fact, the molecular structure of each are remarkably similar. -----> https://www.cbdworld.org/cannabidiol/

For me, digestion slows considerably. It does this in most people, but paired with BWS reduced motility and GI distress, over-consumption can be real nasty.

Secretions do dry up and genitourinary and bowel function is delayed, but this is expected.

I also experience facial flushing and vasodilation.

Marijuana--->a weed---->source of many allergens (ie. Ragweed, Dandelion, Clover)

Again, marijuana comes up as a conundrum due to it's ability to cause a histamine reaction, quell a histamine reaction (anti-histamine), induce inflammation and reduce inflammation. That's adaptogenic for ya...

As for glutamate...(all theory, mind you)

-CBD blocks NMDA

-CBD enhances GABAr

-is said to stabilize ion channels

-High-dose THC reduces GABA neurotransmission

-Low-dose reduces glutamate expression via serotonin 5-HT dimer

-THC at varying doses blocks glutamate pre-synaptically

Basically, both are theoretically neuroprotective because of their influence on glutamate expression. But CB receptors exist on acetylcholine, dopamine, norepinephrine, and serotonin neurons, too.

Your ratio may be deleterious because of the imbalance of THC to CBD, which would have a lot of glutamate antagonism and consequent recoil.

I've felt sluggish and lethargic, at times, then so excitable the next I could run a marathon. I'm on the fence with regard to its healing merit in withdrawal.

FandF

FnF,

Good to hear from you.  Still waiting on those links you were going to send me.  In the interim I tried low dose Seroquel, 25-50 mg, for 2 weeks.  First felt better.  Then felt worse.  Then stopped.  Then felt better. Then ahhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Days 4-5 from the last dose were holy crap brutal.  Today is day 6 and the first day I can even put two thoughts together.  Still having a tough time from that one.

I THINK the "good" from Seroquel was the antihistamine and the "bad" was the 5HT2a and c increasing glutamate too much.  Now I am riding the glutamate rebound sinewave. I will probably be back to baseline in a few days, but whoa.  It may have merit in the future because I THINK that eventually 5TH2a and c agonism will be beneficial, but I am just not ready for that now!

It is actually the antihistamine that has me looking so hard at the CBD. I THINK CBD oil is antihistamine while smoking weed is histaminergic, mostly due to contaminants.  CBD is supposed to be one of the few things that reduces histamine production at the mast cell (I did not do well with pycnogenol or quercetin.)

As for the difference between CBD and THC, at the CB1 receptor, what I have read is that THC is a CB1 agonist and CBD is a CB1 antagonist (competitive agonist) but as you pointed out, cannabinoids are not psychoactive in and of themselves, but rather that CB1 receptors are EVERYWHERE, influencing glutamate and GABA the strongest, which provide the psychoactive effects, but also serotonin, acetylcholine, etc.

As you know, I don't give a hoot about GABA.  What I fear the most is CBD (or anything) BLOCKING NMDA.  You and I both know that if you BLOCK NMDA what you end up with is pools of glutamate.  What I am desperately hoping is that a whole plant CBD which has trace THC will gently reduce both glutamate and histamine TRANSMISSION, which would make it very helpful in benzo w/d.  (I also fear what it will do to my IBS).  Although I had not considered that if it really did block transmission, I would have rebound like alcohol or taurine.  Sigh.

If it doesn't help, well then it doesn't help.  But a 225 page thread means it is worth having the conversation. 

So I again ask, any of you glutamate/histamine sensitive people to chime in on CBD oil.  Especially considering the items we just hashed out (pun intended ;-) ) with respect to glutamate receptor and transmission blocking.

Ramcon1

When someone is deathly sick and hardly able to do anything, writing a few lines on a benzo site and then going and laying back down totally wasted is easier than writing letters and finding the addresses and then sending them out to "who knows who" and finding a professional reply in the mail perhaps later saying, "Thank you for your letter.  Governor so-and-so regards your concern. blah-blah-blah"  Not enough in me.  Fight is all gone.  BUT the tiny bit left that I have I simply put it out to my brother buddies hoping that someone who has the same desire yet still has the fight in them can pick up the torch and run with it.  Just a little thought of mine.  Sorry, it didn't go anywhere.

Lynne, please do not worry about this, there are plenty of us out campaigning about benzodiazepines and other drugs of dependence.  I am so sorry you are so unwell, I didn't realise how very unwell you are.  Concentrate on getting better, conserve your energy for that.

Hugs

Fiona  :smitten:

Thanks for all of the info here.

We are about 9 days into CBD oil, not sure if it's helping. 

At first, I thought it might be helping, as she was able to calm down a littler earlier for a few days in a row, but yesterday and last night were really rough. 

Her hip and back aches are getting worse (nothing seems to help), which makes sitting and lying down hard for her (but she doesn't want to walk around). 

And then from 4-10pm she gets these adrenaline surges (or at least that's what we think is happening), which make her extremely uncomfortable (she screams about not wanting to sit, but isn't interesting in walking, and maybe that won't help anyway--whatever she's feeling is obviously unbearable for her and we haven't been able to get her any relief). 

I just keep hoping and praying the CBD can help her--otherwise, I don't know what we are going to do.

We'll keep trying. 

And, fwiw, we are not in a legal state

--------------

UPDATE: just changed my mind, I think we're going to stop the CBD. Yesterday and now today, things are starting up earlier, now at 2pm or so, but it used to be that things started up for her at 3:45/4pm

I really don't know what we are going to do anymore--nothing seems to bring her any relief and she's really starting to hate us for not ending her torture/misery.

Laura - how are things going these days?  I pray you alll found/are finding peace. 

Definitely following. I've used Care By Design. Wellness formula oil. It's meant as a sublingual,  but I put it on my arm and a topical. It is thc/CBD blend, has not triggered any sfx and has very subtle calming with no psychoactive feeling.

Hi everybody, I'm here to ask is CBD oil helping for withrawl?

Sorry I can't read all this comment, I'm in severe head/ scalp pain 24/7 and I have to find something what helps me with pain. I can't function shaking with anxiety all the time, my head/ scalp burning thingling squeezing more then 2.5 years and I can't take it anymore.

I will ask for opioid from my doctor and I have appointment with cannabis clinic tomorrow.

I just don't know which one is better for withrawl.

I'm off benzo 23 months and remeron 2 months.

Thank you all the suggestions

Love and healing

Vica

FnF,

Good to hear from you.  Still waiting on those links you were going to send me.  In the interim I tried low dose Seroquel, 25-50 mg, for 2 weeks.  First felt better.  Then felt worse.  Then stopped.  Then felt better. Then ahhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Days 4-5 from the last dose were holy crap brutal.  Today is day 6 and the first day I can even put two thoughts together.  Still having a tough time from that one.

I THINK the "good" from Seroquel was the antihistamine and the "bad" was the 5HT2a and c increasing glutamate too much.  Now I am riding the glutamate rebound sinewave. I will probably be back to baseline in a few days, but whoa.  It may have merit in the future because I THINK that eventually 5TH2a and c agonism will be beneficial, but I am just not ready for that now!

It is actually the antihistamine that has me looking so hard at the CBD. I THINK CBD oil is antihistamine while smoking weed is histaminergic, mostly due to contaminants.  CBD is supposed to be one of the few things that reduces histamine production at the mast cell (I did not do well with pycnogenol or quercetin.)

As for the difference between CBD and THC, at the CB1 receptor, what I have read is that THC is a CB1 agonist and CBD is a CB1 antagonist (competitive agonist) but as you pointed out, cannabinoids are not psychoactive in and of themselves, but rather that CB1 receptors are EVERYWHERE, influencing glutamate and GABA the strongest, which provide the psychoactive effects, but also serotonin, acetylcholine, etc.

As you know, I don't give a hoot about GABA.  What I fear the most is CBD (or anything) BLOCKING NMDA.  You and I both know that if you BLOCK NMDA what you end up with is pools of glutamate.  What I am desperately hoping is that a whole plant CBD which has trace THC will gently reduce both glutamate and histamine TRANSMISSION, which would make it very helpful in benzo w/d.  (I also fear what it will do to my IBS).  Although I had not considered that if it really did block transmission, I would have rebound like alcohol or taurine.  Sigh.

If it doesn't help, well then it doesn't help.  But a 225 page thread means it is worth having the conversation. 

So I again ask, any of you glutamate/histamine sensitive people to chime in on CBD oil.  Especially considering the items we just hashed out (pun intended ;-) ) with respect to glutamate receptor and transmission blocking.

Ramcon1

For what it's worth, I'm histamine sensitive and have never noticed CBD helping it. I stopped being able to consume bananas in 2006 after almost going into anaphylactic shock, and started getting hives and rashes when I started out harvesting and trimming in the cannabis industry in 2014. I still can't handle flower too much or roll pre-rolls at my dispensary or I'll break out in hives. Also, my respiratory system just cannot tolerate some of the OG strains. Might be a terpene thing.

I might be on the wrong trail; my brain can't grasp neuroscience presently, but I wanted to let you know I hear you.  :thumbsup:

Sorry I can't read all this comment, I'm in severe head/ scalp pain 24/7 and I have to find something what helps me with pain. I can't function shaking with anxiety all the time, my head/ scalp burning thingling squeezing more then 2.5 years and I can't take it anymore.

I will ask for opioid from my doctor and I have appointment with cannabis clinic tomorrow.

Love and healing

Vica

I'm sorry you're in such pain. I've been taking both THC and CBD throughout my taper and withdrawal. If I had to choose the most effective one, I'd definitely choose THC. CBD is a great supplement, but subtle, for me. Indica THC noticeably tackles my pain; heck, even Sativa THC helps take my mind off pain. Hybrids are nice to reap benefits from both. Maybe you can talk to your cannabis clinic about pain relief via THC or THC and CBD. Taking both is ideal.

I understand you may be at your wit's end and ready to take an opioid, but it is another potential chemical dependence and withdrawal situation to think about. Very best of luck to you.

[81...]

For what it's worth, I'm histamine sensitive and have never noticed CBD helping it. I stopped being able to consume bananas in 2006 after almost going into anaphylactic shock, and started getting hives and rashes when I started out harvesting and trimming in the cannabis industry in 2014. I still can't handle flower too much or roll pre-rolls at my dispensary or I'll break out in hives. Also, my respiratory system just cannot tolerate some of the OG strains. Might be a terpene thing.

I might be on the wrong trail; my brain can't grasp neuroscience presently, but I wanted to let you know I hear you.  :thumbsup:

Skin sensitivity has been pretty well documented for many years in the hops industry.  Lots of similarities between hops and cannabis.  Certainly plenty of stuff in both that could irritate your skin if you're sensitive.  Are you also sensitive to touching cannabis oil?

Love and healing

Vica

I'm sorry you're in such pain. I've been taking both THC and CBD throughout my taper and withdrawal. If I had to choose the most effective one, I'd definitely choose THC. CBD is a great supplement, but subtle, for me. Indica THC noticeably tackles my pain; heck, even Sativa THC helps take my mind off pain. Hybrids are nice to reap benefits from both. Maybe you can talk to your cannabis clinic about pain relief via THC or THC and CBD. Taking both is ideal.

I understand you may be at your wit's end and ready to take an opioid, but it is another potential chemical dependence and withdrawal situation to think about. Very best of luck to you.

Hi aurora,  thank you for writing me back. Is CBD don't have a withrawl when we stop it? Do you still using it?

Vica

I thought CBD was a well documented antihistamine. I had never heard of any one having a histamine reaction TO it, but my knowledge is limited.

Could my usage of marijuana throughout my teen years effected my escalation in dose of my benzo use? Pharmacology wise? I always had anxiety even when I was taking my benzo.Im sure tolerance withdrawal comes into play. Then I started to take adderall too.  I was doing ok on this combo for many years until one random morning I woke up in a complete terror attack. It was like an extreme panic attack. I hadn’t changed anything.  I’m suspecting there might be some sort of neurotoxicity. Glutamate? Down-regulated gaba? I’m not sure. I just hope this anxiety I’m feeling now will go away in time after my taper off benzos or at least lessen. I can’t live in this permanent state of terror. I feel like I’m going psychotic. Anyone have any advice?

Skin sensitivity has been pretty well documented for many years in the hops industry.  Lots of similarities between hops and cannabis.  Certainly plenty of stuff in both that could irritate your skin if you're sensitive.  Are you also sensitive to touching cannabis oil?

I'm not, actually. Interesting. I handle the concentrates and have had my hands fairly covered in them while dabbing and haven't had a reaction, so far.

I thought CBD was a well documented antihistamine. I had never heard of any one having a histamine reaction TO it, but my knowledge is limited.

I mostly take CBD as a daily edible dosage in the mornings and some evenings, so I guess I can say it's never helped in that sense. It doesn't prevent them in my case. I've never taken it to directly treat a histamine reaction, nor have any customers mentioned any similar success stories. Some days I only take 35mg in the morning, though; not as therapeutic a dose as I'd like.

Next time I have a reaction, I'll vape it AND use a topical to see if I experience any immediate relief.

If it wasn't as expensive, I'd buy and take more. I even get an employee discount.  :o

Hi aurora,  thank you for writing me back. Is CBD don't have a withrawl when we stop it? Do you still using it?

Vica

I don't believe we experience noticeable withdrawal from CBD. At least, I never have. Because it can sometimes be pricey, I don't always take it, although I have throughout my taper / withdrawal / recovery. I believe it does lots of good things for my brain, even when I can't take as much as I'd like.

Yes; I'm still taking it daily. I'll continue to for sure. I've been using it for 4 years now, along with THC, which I've been using for 26 years.

[81...]

I'm not, actually. Interesting. I handle the concentrates and have had my hands fairly covered in them while dabbing and haven't had a reaction, so far.

Any problems with essential oils?  They tend to be very high in terpenes, so if a terp was the culprit, you might also have problems with those oils.  There are also flavonoids that can cause contact dermatitis (e.g. cinnamaldehyde from cinnamon).  Concentrates, depending on how they're made, can often contain very little terpene.  Personally, I prefer concentrates that contain terpenes.  They taste less 'laboratory' and more like cannabis to me.

Today I'm getting my CBD oil for day and CBD/thc for night.

Soooo scared but I have to do something. This pain and anxiety taking over my life. No sleep and very depressed bc the severe pain in my scalp.

Praying to help. I will start slow. 0.2 mg day and 0.2 mg from CBD/thc for night.

Vica

I took the CBDoil (20mg cbd/<1 mg thc) this morning 0.2 mg the first time... God help me.... so scared 

Please tell me if you had a GOOD experience with CBD

Love and healing

Vica

Should I feel any affect on a first time? My head/ scalp pain is not better at all!!!

I took 0.2 mg. Is it not to much?

Vica

Should I feel any affect on a first time? My head/ scalp pain is not better at all!!!

I took 0.2 mg. Is it not to much?

Vica

I wouldn't necessarily expect a therapeutic reaction from a small, starting dose. I'd suggest a larger dose. CBD is non-psychoactive and doesn't give you the "high" feeling THC does, so you should be okay taking more. What dosage (milligrams) does the bottle suggest?

I take 35mg of CBD every morning, but believe I should take more to get to my therapeutic dose; I just don't want to spend more money on it than I do.

It's so easy to tell THC is working because a noticeable high comes with it; CBD can definitely be more subtle.

I'm about to buy a big 100mL bottle of CBD tincture that has a 50mg twice/day dosage. I'm hoping I'll feel more benefits.

Hang in there; give yourself some time to find your therapeutic dose. THC can relieve pain; you might want to try it during the day for pain relief instead of just at night for sleep.  ;)