Important Survey - Please Participate ×
Dr. David Healy - Raising Awareness of Inappropriate or Harmful Deprescribing Practices ×

Permanent Benzo Damage? This Is Not Fun

I wonder if a nutritionist might be a help, Mike.  I've had the white tongue myself and it really affects the taste of food.  Could be an overgrowth of bacteria or something easily fixed with something like yogurt or more or less of something.  I really don't know but don't want you to give up looking for someone to figure out what is wrong with your digestive system in particular.  If you are eating a lot and still losing weight, there must be an explanation.  Take care of  yourself.  :therethere:

Did you see this, Mikey?  Nutritionists don't prescribe drugs, you know, so no danger of being sucked back in. 

• Replies 665
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [mi...]

• [zi...]

• [...]

• [Gm...]

Top Posters In This Topic

HOW about holding your dose until you feel better....OR start titrating.  Seems like you are spiraling down...  I for one never continue my taper until I feel better.

Sorry you feel SO bad.

Mimi

i am worry again my stomach is like a balloon/bowling ball and i am scared something is wrong with the liver.....

and i am very bloated....

do you think this thread should be a blog ? it's sure turning into one.

Mike...that's benzo belly

I want to ask you again maybe you will respond

have any of your symptoms come and gone ?

mikey

ask your ND about Candida which is yeast.  It's harmless but with the white tongue and you being bloated you might have it.    It's easy to treat

You are gonna be ok.

i am worry again my stomach is like a balloon/bowling ball and i am scared something is wrong with the liver.....

and i am very bloated....

HEHE  :laugh:

I read that,  :o  and you couldn't say you have GI issues ( Benzo Belly ). you had to go straight for a " Liver " diagnosis...

What are we going to do with you!!!!!

What we really need to calm you, is a map of the locations of our gaba receptors in our bodies (which I cannot find).. Hows your Googling abilities?? mine stink...

TC read something that the majority of our gaba receptors are on our left side. Are the majority of your symtoms on the left side, like your rotater cup pain?

HOW about holding your dose until you feel better....OR start titrating.  Seems like you are spiraling down...  I for one never continue my taper until I feel better.

Sorry you feel SO bad.

Mimi

Its all Hell I Worry I Got Bone Cancer, Liver Cancer, And Brain Tumor & I Am Scared I Am Going To Get A Seizure Soon... Loss Of Taste

This Is Crazy Stuff I'M 28 And Thinking About Death...  Epiliptic Fits I Get Them At Night

This stuff is even more crazier then being 28:

In 2 months You've diagnose yourself with:

1-Brain Cancer

2-Bone Cancer

3-Liver Cancer

4-Eye Issues (glassy Eyes)

5-Sleep Deprivation (While sleeping long hours)

Your replies from Doctors:

1-MRI Shows No Cancer

2-Eye Doctor Says Perfect Eyes....

20/20 Something Is Wrong!  As I See Severe Glassy Eyes

Mikey, You need to take control of your thoughts. I'm sure your going to reply to this confirming you have all these cancers and doctors are wrong.

Mikey, is it possible you suffer from a health phobia? It is a anxiety.......

Hypochondriasis, hypochondria (sometimes referred to as Tyler Syndrome, health phobia or health anxiety) refers to an excessive preoccupation or worry about having a serious illness.[1] An individual suffering from hypochondriasis is known as a hypochondriac. Often, hypochondria persists even after a physician has evaluated a person and reassured them that their concerns about symptoms do not have an underlying medical basis or, if there is a medical illness, the concerns are far in excess of what is appropriate for the level of disease. Many hypochondriacs focus on a particular symptom as the catalyst of their worrying, such as gastro-intestinal problems, palpitations, or muscle fatigue.

Mikey,

You have to start listening to the messages you are receiving and stop adding to your worries. Withdrawal is hard enough as it is without making it ten times worse on yourself by constantly stressing about things you have been told you do NOT have.

Please try to help yourself and accept the help so many buddies have offered to you.  You have to tell yourself that this is just withdrawal.  Do you read any of the posts on other members blogs?  If you did you would see that you are most certainly not alone in what you are going through.  

I thought I would just post this again as it would appear you didn't read it the first time.  Try to read it and digest it, Mikey.

Do you ever take the time to read the many responses you receive to your posts?  I ask because you rarely if ever respond to the buddies who have come to this thread to support you or to enquire about your taper.

Mikey,

Answer me with a yes or a no. Are you trying to get off the Klonopin?

yes even though i do not feel it work because i am so toxic my brain is way off i am doing very slowly because i felt something weird....

i do not need a seizure

i am still on 1.0MG Of (K) I am doing the natural supplements and slowly getting off the meds...

Mikey, is it possible you suffer from a health phobia? It is a anxiety.......

Hypochondriasis, hypochondria (sometimes referred to as Tyler Syndrome, health phobia or health anxiety) refers to an excessive preoccupation or worry about having a serious illness.[1] An individual suffering from hypochondriasis is known as a hypochondriac. Often, hypochondria persists even after a physician has evaluated a person and reassured them that their concerns about symptoms do not have an underlying medical basis or, if there is a medical illness, the concerns are far in excess of what is appropriate for the level of disease. Many hypochondriacs focus on a particular symptom as the catalyst of their worrying, such as gastro-intestinal problems, palpitations, or muscle fatigue.

oh yes i am a hypochondrache big time i dont not want to die early plain and simple

Mikey,

Answer me with a yes or a no. Are you trying to get off the Klonopin?

yes even though i do not feel it work because i am so toxic my brain is way off i am doing very slowly because i felt something weird....

i do not need a seizure

i am still on 1.0MG Of (K) I am doing the natural supplements and slowly getting off the meds...

What dose of K are you on? I have seen in the past few days you have said, .05, .25 and now 1.0. Which is it? Honestly, I think if you haven't had a seizure by now, you can probably stop worrying about it.

Mikey,

Seizures at that low of a dose are pretty rare from what I have read unless you ct and you aren't so please don't worry about it.

Mike,

I just read your blog, Mikey's Xanax/Klonopin Hell Ride. In April you posted that you were at 1.25 and should be finished by August. So I'm wondering where you are at in your taper. Again, I ask this question, as have other buddies, in both this thread and your blog.

What is your taper plan?

Re: Mikey's Xanax/Klonopin Hell Ride

« Reply #292 on: Today at 08:51:44 PM »

Back On My Blog Enough With Benzo Damage Topic These 6 Months Has Been Pure Hell

& I Want It Back.... Joints Hurt, Gi Issues. Feeling Lumps IN MY Head

Mikey,

Last I heard you were on .5 that was up from .25 now you are at 1 mg? Mikey you are going backwards....what are you trying to do? If you think that up dosing to make your symptoms go away and then cut again and be fine, you are sadly mistaken.

You need a plan, ASAP! You can't do this like you have been Mikey, your doses are erratic, you are confusing your nervous system and you are going to pay for it if you aren't careful.

You need to contact teakettle or colin or another good titration expert and get a good plan and stick with it or you will never be benzo free going the route that you are.

love,

cupcake

Mikey,

I agree that if you are updosing this can sometimes make symptoms worse.  The erratic dosing messes with the amount of drug in your bloodstream which can then lead to serious withdrawal problems.  What you need is a good taper plan or a good titration plan.  I know you had one before and I realize that you had to scrap it when soem bad things came up...

Without a solid plan..Mikey..you are just spinning your wheels...if you truely think the medication is making you feel this way....(and I believe you..it  made my feel terrible as well)...then the only way to make it stop is to get off the medication as safely as possible....if indeed the meds are the problem..continuing updosing is not going to help....

No one is pushing you to get off the medications btw...even if you decide to stay on..you know your buddies here will support you..but it is difficult to advise sometimes....when we don't really know what is going on..that is why updating the signature line is very important..

If you look at my signature line...I came off of 2mg of Klonopin...I dry cut to 1mg....then titrated off the rest...it can be done...I am not 100 percent yet Mikey..but I feel much better being off the drug....and every day I put "in the book" benzo free is a day closer to healing...it takes too damn long...but what other choice do most of us have....we just take it day by day..many of us have the same symptoms you describe...you are not alone..

TC

I Feel It's Almost Over

Pains in the Head Motor Jerks Tumor Symptoms Like Getting Mad,Happy,Sad,Depressed.  The Headaches Come And Goes

Changes In Vision. Loss Of Taste... Gait Pain  All My Doctors Say Its A Joke Once I Get That Seizure And Then They Will Believe Me

I Did Alot Of Test Done Everything Is Normal But Pain Is THERE AND NOTHING IS WORKING.. FOR THE PAIN THAT HOW I DESTROYED MY LIFE WITH THE BENZO'S I AM LIKE BARRY HASLAM.I FEEL THAT IT IS OVER SOON I FEEL GOOD ONE SECOND THEN THE NEXT BAD..

I AM WITH GOD AND JESUS ONLY  WHATEVER HAPPENS HAPPENS I AM ONLY SCARED OF THAT SEIZURE PLEASE EXPLAIN HOW A SEIZURE FEELS LIKE I NEED TO KNOW IF I KNOW I WILL NOT WORRY ABOUT IT ANYMORE IF IT HAPPENS IT HAPPENS I KNOW I GOT A TUMOR IN MY HEAD BECAUSE THIS IS HELL

Mikey,

It's not over, though you are beating a dead horse.  I wouldn't recommend going up in dosage anymore, as you were so close to being off and now you are starting over again at 1MG of K.  Part of me wonders if you really wish you would get a Seizure, because that way all of the feelings that you have would turn out to be true.

The only truth behind your feelings is that you are in deep benzo withdrawal.  Your mind plays tricks on you and the people closest to you aren't familiar with this process.  I wouldn't necessarily recommend this for many people, but you may want to check out a 3-6 month detox / recovery place where you can successfully be tapered down and have some clean time with no benzos in your system.  I had to do that to get off 7MG of Xanax in 54 days, because I knew I couldn't do it by myself and I was driving my family and doctors nuts with my irrational thinking.  It was hell Mikey, but I am glad I did it because now I can begin to heal now. 

Thoughts become Actions Mikey!  You are what you think.  If you want to become like Barry, you will.  It really is that simple.  You are limiting your opportunities by thinking negatively, so why not open a few doors by looking at what you do have in life instead of what you don't have.  It's difficult, but one positive thought leads to another positive thought and before you know it you will be happy again.

On a side note:  I have spoke to Barry and he is a nice guy and guess what?  Barry is healed now and is campaigning in the UK to get help for others who have been poisoned by this crap.  So, you see even the worst case scenario can have a happy ending.  Stay the course Mikey!

Ziggy

Mikey,

Ziggy is right, if you want to become like Barry, you will...that which a man thinketh in his mind..he is!

Anyway, Barry is a very sweet old man and he helps people like you and me by reassuring us that we will get better and by warning them of the dangers of these drugs.

He was on very high doses for a very long time...an extreme amount of any prescription drug (even tylenol) is bound to cause permanent damage.

Mikey, when my attitude sucks, and I think negatively, my symptoms get worse.

Mikey,

Ziggy is right, if you want to become like Barry, you will...that which a man thinketh in his mind..he is!

Anyway, Barry is a very sweet old man and he helps people like you and me by reassuring us that we will get better and by warning them of the dangers of these drugs.

He was on very high doses for a very long time...an extreme amount of any prescription drug (even tylenol) is bound to cause permanent damage.

Mikey, when my attitude sucks, and I think negatively, my symptoms get worse.

thanks both for the help but i getting off slowly but the chemicals i took in 2004 prilosec/bentyl/xanax/drinking with xanax i keep on telling the doctors  if you mix chemicals with chemicals you will get benzo damage even right now i am having those headaches... cloudy vision.. for example how my brain works

i went to gas station today  the water was 2.28 i gave the guy 3.28 cents and i had 2 dollars i gave 3 dollars and 28 cents i am so confused..

I AM GETTING SEVERE DELUSIONS! I DONT EVEN KNOW ANYMORE IF THE SUPPLEMENTS WORK BUT ZIGGY YOUR RIGHT ITS OVER YET MY EYES ARE SP

CLOUDY MY BRAIN IS CLOUDY. LIKE AGAIN I FEEL THEM LUMPS IN THE HEAD AND THEY DO HURT I AM GETTING THE STINKIN BENZO ALMOST 8 YEARS ON THEM MY 2 FEARS WHEN GOING OUT  1. GETTING A SEIZURE 2. DYING ON THE SPOT

Mikey,

Just remember, there are those suffering from benzo's that they want to die. You are not alone in your suffering, and if you try hard to get off this medicine slowly, you will recover and get your life back.

If you are trying to get off the Klonopin then why are you at 1 mg now when you were at .25 just a few weeks ago...are you confused about your dosage amount or have you raised your dose?

Love,

Cupcake