Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Permanent Benzo Damage? This Is Not Fun

Mikey,

I knew your MRI would be normal! :thumbsup: Doesn't that ease your mind? If you had a tumor, it would have shown up on that MRI sweety! Don't worry about it!

Can you please tell us what dose of K you are on now?

Can I ask you to do me a favor? You gotta promise me you'll do it!

Okay Lets Just Say I Have a Tumor And The MRI Was Negative But  I Feel Those Lumps In The Head And Feel Like I Going Pass Out/Pressure in the head/Eye Twiching. When Walking Outside.  What Next What Should I Do Should I Just Enjoy My Life And Stop Thinking About A Seizure Plz Help Me.. There Is Only 2 Months Of Summer And I Want To Enjoy It With My Family I Cant Even Go To A Mall Like I Used To. I Am So Scared OF 3 Things I Do Not Feel The Medicine Like Vitmains Working At All

1. Getting a Seizure

2 Getting a Flu and Infection Together And Die

3. Dying Young Age..

• Replies 665
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [mi...]

• [zi...]

• [...]

• [Gm...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Mikey,

I think that your thoughts especially about getting sick and dying are just part of the process of going through w/d.  It's just fear and remember fear is not real.  If feels real but it is not.

If your MRI was negative you don't have a brain tumor.    Great news for you!  I think you should try and get out and enjoy as many things as you are able.

You are going to be just fine.

M

Mikey,

I knew your MRI would be normal! :thumbsup: Doesn't that ease your mind? If you had a tumor, it would have shown up on that MRI sweety! Don't worry about it!

Okay Lets Just Say I Have a Tumor And The MRI Was Negative But  I Feel Those Lumps In The Head And Feel Like I Going Pass Out What Next What Should I Do Should I Just Enjoy My Life And Stop Thinking About A Seizure Plz Help Me.. There Is Only 2 Months Of Summer And I Want To Enjoy It With My Family I Cant Even Go To A Mall Like I Used To. I Am So Scared OF 3 Things

1. Getting a Seizure

3. Dying Young Age..

So the doctor says you don't have any tumors/cancer, and your still thinking you do?

I know we are sensitive in this process, but you need to stop feeding yourself thoughts that have no bearing.  I'm sorry to be so blunt, but if you want to progress to being yourself, you need to take control of these thoughts. It might be a good idea to go to the mall and "exercise" your brain to be around people and be in public.  If you don't stop this circle by some means of distraction, or mental exercise, these fears will go on as long as you allow them to intrude in your daily life.

Take it from me mikey. MY HEART WAS ALL MESSED UP FROM LYME DISEASE. MY WHOLE BODY WOULD GO NUMB, Complete Heart Block. Wanna talk dizzy? Wanna talk tingling? your leg ever go dead from cutting off the circulation? Imagine your whole body going dead! How about your whole body going dead, doing 65 mph on a highway! yowser

I spent 9 months feeling my heartbeat because I didn't believe the doctors cured me. I decided to not let  " These Thoughts " Run my life. I had a choice, take control of my Panic without Klono, or continue in this Panic Circle for the rest of my life and be Medicated. Guess what a chose, and guess what? I haven't looked for my heart beat in about 8 months now and I'm feeling Great!

PS

Please at least acknowledge you read my post with a thumbs up. Sometimes I think you skip over good advice.

Mikey,

Okay Lets Just Say I Have a Tumor And The MRI Was Negative But  I Feel Those Lumps In The Head And Feel Like I Going Pass Out What Next What Should I Do Should I Just Enjoy My Life And Stop Thinking About A Seizure Plz Help Me.. There Is Only 2 Months Of Summer And I Want To Enjoy It With My Family I Cant Even Go To A Mall Like I Used To. I Am So Scared OF 3 Things

1. Getting a Seizure

3. Dying Young Age..

So the doctor says you don't have any tumors/cancer, and your still thinking you do?

I know we are sensitive in this process, but you need to stop feeding yourself thoughts that have no bearing.  I'm sorry to be so blunt, but if you want to progress to being yourself, you need to take control of these thoughts. It might be a good idea to go to the mall and "exercise" your brain to be around people and be in public.  If you don't stop this circle by some means of distraction, or mental exercise, these fears will go on as long as you allow them to intrude in your daily life.

Take it from me mikey. MY HEART WAS ALL MESSED UP FROM LYME DISEASE. MY WHOLE BODY WOULD GO NUMB, Complete Heart Block. Wanna talk dizzy? Wanna talk tingling? your leg ever go dead from cutting off the circulation? Imagine your whole body going dead! How about your whole body going dead, doing 65 mph on a highway! yowser

I spent 9 months feeling my heartbeat because I didn't believe the doctors cured me. I decided to not let  " These Thoughts " Run my life. I had a choice, take control of my Panic without Klono, or continue in this Panic Circle for the rest of my life and be Medicated. Guess what a chose, and guess what? I haven't looked for my heart beat in about 8 months now and I'm feeling Great!

PS

Please at least acknowledge you read my post with a thumbs up. Sometimes I think you skip over good advice.

but this everytime i touch that part of the head it hurts those lump do hurt and i get weakness in the body blurry vision i feel 8 lumps in my head by touching them and my memory is way off with the benzo withdrawal i dont know what to do but i know i with god and jesus whateve happens happens i am trying my best not to think about a seizure and death but it eating me up inside  ITS LIKE SOMEONE IS PUSHING SOMETHING TO MY HEAD AND I HATE THAT. MOODS COME WITH IT NO VOMITING ONLY NAUSEA SOMETIMES MY GI TRACT LIKE I SAID IS OUT OF SYNC I EAT SOMETHING AND I FEEL SEVERE BLOATED AND BELCHING AND PAIN IN THE STOMACH LIVER AND ALL GI THIS SO CRAZY RIGHT NOW MY RIGHT AND LEFT SIDE OF THE HEAD WHERE I FEEL THE LUMP IS IN PAIN LIKE AN ITCHING FEELING AND I AM GETTING MUSCLE FITS TWICHES AND THEY WONT STOP I HAVE NO CLUE WHAT TO DO NO DOCTOR WILL HELP ME. I HAVE HELP MY SELF SOMEHOW    I HAVE NO CLUE WHAT TO DO!   

Mikey,

1. Getting a Seizure

3. Dying Young Age..

PS

I AM SO SORRY GMAN MY BRAIN IS OUT OF WHACK INSTEAD OF WORRYING ABOUT MYSELF I SHOULD THINK ABOUT OTHERS AS WELL BENZO READY MESSED WITH MY HEAD I CAN'T TAKE THIS ANYMORE SOMETIMES. I WAKE UP SO CONFUSED.. LYME DISEASE. IF I CAN STOP THIS STUPID OBSESSIVE THINKING I WILL OKAY... WHY AM I SO SCARED OF (SEIZURES!!!!!!!!)

Mikey,

1. Getting a Seizure

3. Dying Young Age..

PS

but this everytime i touch that part of the head it hurts those lump do hurt and i get weakness in the body blurry vision i feel 8 lumps in my head by touching them and my memory is way off with the benzo withdrawal i dont know what to do but i know i with god and jesus whateve happens happens i am trying my best not to think about a seizure and death but it eating me up inside  ITS LIKE SOMEONE IS PUSHING SOMETHING TO MY HEAD AND I HATE THAT. MOODS COME WITH IT NO VOMITING ONLY NAUSEA SOMETIMES MY GI TRACT LIKE I SAID IS OUT OF SYNC I EAT SOMETHING AND I FEEL SEVERE BLOATED AND BELCHING AND PAIN IN THE STOMACH LIVER AND ALL GI THIS SO CRAZY RIGHT NOW MY RIGHT AND LEFT SIDE OF THE HEAD WHERE I FEEL THE LUMP IS IN PAIN LIKE AN ITCHING FEELING AND I AM GETTING MUSCLE FITS TWICHES AND THEY WONT STOP I HAVE NO CLUE WHAT TO DO NO DOCTOR WILL HELP ME. I HAVE HELP MY SELF SOMEHOW    I HAVE NO CLUE WHAT TO DO!   

Be strong and use BB's resources to help you, help yourself with the symptoms. Go outside and smell the fresh air. Go to the mall and buy yourself something. Your young, enjoy it before its too late..

Hey Mikey,

All your fears are from withdrawal. They are a withdrawal symptom! You don't have a tumor you are not going to die. But listen to this: Some folks that have good near death experiences say they are mad when they are brought back!! So even if you did die, which there is not chance by the way, those things that mean so much to you here in the physical realm mean absolutely squat in the spiritual. You would be happy to be in the afterlife with God and Jesus that if you were to come back to earth, you would be very sad LOL.

If it makes you feel any better, I thought I had strange lumps on my scalp as well, and my head hurt if I touched it. During my w/d I got a haircut and when she washed my hair and massaged my scalp it felt completely bizarre. I thought for sure she would say something about the "lumps". But she didn't becasue I don't think she could actually feel anything - I believe they were just a sensation, not real lumps.

Anyway, they, or the sensation of them, are gone. Yours will go away too.

You should take the of GMAN advice and get out of the house a little more. If the mall is too much, pick something else. You may not enjoy it completely but who cares, you are out and it will distract you and bring some of your confidence back. If I stayed inside all the time during my taper I assure you I would have went mad. Getting out, even minimally, is essential.

Mikey,

It comes and goes.  I got every single blood test and head test out there and everything was fine.  Part of me in some sick way wished they would find something wrong with me, because I still can't believe this is withdrawals  The doc said it must still be withdrawals, and said we can keep running tests but my guess is that you are healthy.  I am like 6 months off this crap and I go from being really fatigued to being hit with God's wrath of every possible symptom out there.  It does seem however that they are not as severe each round though I gotta admit they do wear me out each time because I've had enough of this dealing with these shenanigans.  I'm now like really photosensitive, meaning I can't go out in the sun for without shades and I burn like crazy now.  I love the sun and it is killing me to live like a vampire, though I assume this is all part of the process.

Hang in there Mikey as it will pass, just not as fast as we would like and if you ever want to chat hit me up.

To help with your thinking process check out this article oh Depression: a Buddhist View (found it on another thread here)

http://www.viewonbuddhism.org/depression.html

Ziggy

Hey Mikey,

All your fears are from withdrawal. They are a withdrawal symptom! You don't have a tumor you are not going to die. But listen to this: Some folks that have good near death experiences say they are mad when they are brought back!! So even if you did die, which there is not chance by the way, those things that mean so much to you here in the physical realm mean absolutely squat in the spiritual. You would be happy to be in the afterlife with God and Jesus that if you were to come back to earth, you would be very sad LOL.

thats why i love you guys for helping me out... if it wasn't for this forum BB I Would Be Very Lost Right Now I Love This Website and I Will Keep Posting Whatever Bothers Me... Love Ya Cupcake & All

Mikey,

Do you still have cog fog? Have you been taking any vitamins or anything? BTW we love you too sweety!  :smitten:I just know when your taper is done, you will begin to feel better. It might not happen right away and it could take a few months even, but you will get your life back!

BTW are you gonna make that list of things that's gone for me or what? LOL!

Mikey,

Do you still have cog fog? Have you been taking any vitamins or anything? BTW we love you too sweety!  :smitten:I just know when your taper is done, you will begin to feel better. It might not happen right away and it could take a few months even, but you will get your life back!

BTW are you gonna make that list of things that's gone for me or what? LOL!

yes i take b-6 b-12 Right Now I Have Severe pain all over and no medicine is working what should i do.. take a bath now this is hell my head neck back shoulders arms are killing me and no pain medicine will work i tryed i been having pains like this already 2 weeks maybe i should get a massage or something

Oh man I remember that pain Mikey.  I lost like 30 pounds and it didn't matter how much I ate.  I basically went to a chiropractor for like 2 weeks (3 x a week) and got a deep tissue massage for an hour once a week and took Baclafin like once or twice a day.  I also added like 600mg 3 times a day of Gabapentin (Neorontin) for like 30 days though it did help with the nerve pain it also made me feel like I was having the most intense LSD trip of all time and it never wanted to come to an end.  It was a horrible nightmare but I lived through it.  I am pretty sure the visual disturbances intensified because of the Gabapentin but it did help with the nerve pain.  Whether or not the mental torture was worth not feeling the pain?  Well that all depends if your feeling mental anguish or not and well I was so it was kind of worth it.  I mean I got out and was able to workout, which if your not doing you should start working out and stretching like crazy.  I also went in the jacuzzi, steam room, and sauna every single day for like 60 days straight and if you have a gym near you that has this stuff then I would definitely join cause it helps out.  It was so intense for me, though I also dropped from 7mg to 0mg of Xanax in 52 days or so and everything seemed intense.  I did find that drinking lots of water and taking magnesium helped the water actually absorb into my muscles.

If I had to do it over with I would probably just take the magnesium and water as I don't much care for drugs anymore!  Well man I would suggest working out and drinking lots of water, and if you can get to the extra relievers then that is a big bonus.  Also I had a neck traction machine because my neck was already messed up to begin with from an ATV wreck, anyhow if you go to a chiropractor ask him for some neck traction because that relieves the severe headaches.  That and taking Tylenol and Ibuprofen at the same time helped with some of the muscle cramps when it got real severe, though I didn't do this more than once a day. 

Ziggy

Mikey,

Take a real warm bath with 2 cups of Epsom Salts. That might help you feel better with your nerves and pain. Have you thought about trying some fish oil? You might start out with 3,000 mgs per day and see how that makes you feel. I take 8,000 a day now and my fog is pretty much gone! Those B vitamins might be making you feel worse, they did for me when this all started..now I use them with no problems.

Let me know if those things work for you sweety.

Love

~cupcake~

I agree with Cupcake..about the B Vitamins and basically any supplement....While these things are thought to be good..of course..in benzo withdrawal..nearly anything can rev up your symptoms...so sometimes just throwing a bunch of supplements at your body is not really a good idea...

TC

Hey Mikey,

There is Couple Of Problems I have Severe Cog Fog When I Wake Up Severe Lost, Dazed, Severe Confused. Dont Know What I Am Eating Dont Enjoy Life No Interest.  :idiot:  :-[ I Feel Stupid And Don't Know What to Do Eat Go..

I had the same problem, NO INTEREST!! I didn't want to do anything I used to enjoy but now I feel that coming back more and more every day!! It will come back to you! Just take care of yourself and rest so your body can heal. When you have energy, get some exercise! Take a long walk and enjoy God's beautiful nature!

Love,

~cupcake~

Mikey,

Yea I'm here with you and I hope I am almost done with it.  It's a real difficult state and one that not many people understand.  You will get your mind back and it seemed to come and go daily for me.  The cog fog, brain pressure, feeling not human symptoms come and go in waves and in between waves your mind pops back.  It seems like that every wave that passed gets smaller and smaller with a few title waves thrown in for some excitement.  

But I feel your pain, because I went from being afraid of dying to kind of feeling dead and useless and wishing I was dead.  These are all normal feeling for what you are going through, just don't let them get you too down.  It takes a tremendous amount of effort to get this far and you have done a great job!  Some days I felt like doing nothing, but then I would get so tired of isolation that I would get out and force myself to do something.  The only thing that kept me grounded was to have some sort of routine each day, no matter how meaningless it really was.  Basically your job is to take care of your body, mind, and self as much as possible during this stage.  I hear Yoga helps, but I always felt too weird to try it out.  Anything to make the time pass faster so you don't notice it to much.

Oh yea, after the muscle twitches are gone (for me 30 days) you will feel like your muscles are so hydrated with water that now you feel bloated.  I don't know how you felt, but my neck hurt so back that my muscles in my neck felt like guitar strings.  I became so preoccupied with trying to hydrate them and found out that magnesium helped out.  Then it passed, like it was nothing.   You will also begin to gain weight after it passes, or at least I did and then all of the pains and tight muscles go away.  So basically what I've done is to become so preoccupied with health, fitness, and hygiene that I became a health nut except for the fact that I still smoke cigs.  I'll work on kicking that habit once I begin to feel a little better, for now I just want to make it through this hell.

Good luck man!

Ziggy

Mikey,

Yea I'm here with you and I hope I am almost done with it.  It's a real difficult state and one that not many people understand.  You will get your mind back and it seemed to come and go daily for me.  The cog fog, brain pressure, feeling not human symptoms come and go in waves and in between waves your mind pops back.  It seems like that every wave that passed gets smaller and smaller with a few title waves thrown in for some excitement.  

But I feel your pain, because I went from being afraid of dying to kind of feeling dead and useless and wishing I was dead.  These are all normal feeling for what you are going through, just don't let them get you too down.  It takes a tremendous amount of effort to get this far and you have done a great job!  Some days I felt like doing nothing, but then I would get so tired of isolation that I would get out and force myself to do something.  The only thing that kept me grounded was to have some sort of routine each day, no matter how meaningless it really was.  Basically your job is to take care of your body, mind, and self as much as possible during this stage.  I hear Yoga helps, but I always felt too weird to try it out.  Anything to make the time pass faster so you don't notice it to much.

Oh yea, after the muscle twitches are gone (for me 30 days) you will feel like your muscles are so hydrated with water that now you feel bloated.  I don't know how you felt, but my neck hurt so back that my muscles in my neck felt like guitar strings.  I became so preoccupied with trying to hydrate them and found out that magnesium helped out.  Then it passed, like it was nothing.   You will also begin to gain weight after it passes, or at least I did and then all of the pains and tight muscles go away.  So basically what I've done is to become so preoccupied with health, fitness, and hygiene that I became a health nut except for the fact that I still smoke cigs.  I'll work on kicking that habit once I begin to feel a little better, for now I just want to make it through this hell.

Good luck man!

Ziggy

I Feel Terrible I Feel I Got Cancer Symptoms. Weakness Pain Fatique

My Intestines Hurts And Itch Me When i Eat Something That's a First Symptom. Everytime i Eat I Go To The Bathroom I Have No Clue What That Is WhatTo Do. One Time I Drink Water I Feel Nausea Then I Feel Good Scary Symptoms

Mikey,

This is the first real wave I felt that was the worst.  It's all normal and still feel like I am dying from some undiagnosed case of cancer.  Hang tight and it will pass and you'll get a small window of sanity, and then another wave of symptoms.  In time the waves get lessor and lessor but takes time and patience. 

Hang in there man and pretty soon you'll forget all about the symptoms and will begin to live life again as if you are a new born baby.  Pretty soon you will look back on this and be glad you made this choice to grin and bear it through all the difficult times.  No one will ever believe where your mind and body has been through, but you and this is something that can help you as you find your way. 

You know those times you always wish that you could do things differently if you could go back in time?  Well, now you can because you now have a second chance to take much better care of your mind and body.

Ziggy

I Got a Great Holistist Doctor Working With Me To Get Off This Stupid K No Wonder My Brain Is Out Of Whack

Epinephrine Elevated

Dopamine Very High 432.4

DOPAC 1,639 Very High

5-HiAA Very Low

Taurine Severely Low

Do You all want Some Info I Can Gladly Type EveryThing One By One

He Is Helping Me With Detox Sauna Hypontist and Natural Healing... Good Food Get My Life Back I Hope.. I Dont Care HOW MUCH I  NEED MY LIFE

Be Healthy Again

What i am Trying To Say That My NeuroTransmitter's What The Hospital Did To Me Is Way Off My Memory Is Way Off..

I Did the Saliva/Urine NEUROADRENAL

Mikey,

I have a naturopath who has helped me alot.  My numbers were also screwed up when I had them tested.  Just be careful with supplements.  I f

you are going to do them add them one at a time

Good luck to you

Melissa

He Told Me Everything One By One Step

Everything is So F*kin Cloudy.. Pure Hell I'll Fight I Dont Care How Long It Takes

The Supplements He Told Me. What He Gives Me We are Doing It Very Slow I Believe In Natural

I wish you well man.  Let me know how that works out.  I know I crave Taurine like crazy.  What does he have you taking?  Let me know how it works out.

Ziggy

Mikey,

You can get taurine from fish and meat protein. Just be careful about supplements, this may not be the right time for them...I couldn't handle them until I was about 3 months off.