Permanent Benzo Damage? This Is Not Fun

how was everyone holidays best wishes to everyone :D  :D :D

i am doing good just having flashbacks and Deja  vu its crazy it been happening already 2 weeks on and off

Glad to hear you are doing good Mikey!  :thumbsup:

i been doing good thanks but that Déjà vu is happening to me and crazy flashbacks

• Replies 665
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [mi...]

• [zi...]

• [...]

• [Gm...]

Top Posters In This Topic

i am doing good just having flashbacks and Deja  vu its crazy it been happening already 2 weeks on and off

i been doing good thanks but that Déjà vu is happening to me and crazy flashbacks

Glad you are doing good Mikey. I bet the deja vu and flashbacks will be gone soon too just like your other symptoms so hang in there!

Glad you are doing good Mikey. I bet the deja vu and flashbacks will be gone soon too just like your other symptoms so hang in there!

I Seriously Wish It Goes Away I Need a Vacation Somewhere Warm Like Puerto Rico Tell You Guys I Had The Worst Summer Ever 6 Months Of Head Pressure Daily... There is one symptoms that is scaring me when i bend over and get up fast i see thousand and thousand flashing lights i am happy to benzo free but i am still worried this is  Permanent My Mind Still Races since  2002 Ativan 2003 xanax  i ate benzos  like candy for anxiety    its my fault but i want to have a normal normal vision not feeling lost and lost and lost i am sick of it? but day by day i pray to god and say i am living and thank you thank you

thank you benzo buddies as well i tell god because if it wasn't for you i would be in bad shape

When I bend over or get up too fast I get the flashing lights. Mikey just try to get up slow and not fast and it should pass for ya......stay strong ur doing great Mikey....

Ziggy You Are Correct About a lot of things my Friend The Sweating Is Hands Armpits Chest I Sweat

The Benzo Conditions Are Crazy

• 4 weeks later...
[0c...]

The head pressure I got was one of the worst symptoms I got.  It was like a horrible feeling the center of my brain, pushing up hard and what felt like pulling my spinal cord down and giving me a horrible feeling in my back too.  I hated it, it finally left about 2 weeks ago and I haven't felt it come back since.  It does feel like brain damage, buts it not permanent, your brain will work it out in time.

Rob

Mikey-

I know all about those "flashback" deju stuff.  I spent one whole day back in 1996!  Then another in 2008. 

I could see everything as it really was, but it felt like it did back then.

Oooooo....Crazy, crazy, stuff.  Better than a Stephen King novel.

When I went cold turkey off Xanax I never imagined that the symptoms of withdrawal could be so severe.  I started having very strange neurological symptoms, the kind you would expect to get with Rabies, severe muscle twitching, pain, numbness and tingling, difficulty swallowing liquids, sore throat, intractable insomnia.  I punched all these symptoms into Google and guess what came up?  Rabies, remembering an encounter I had with a bat in my apartment.  It didn't matter that the bat didn't bite me or get close, I was really paranoid!  Never been a hypochondriac in my life but now I had a horrible disease that would kill me in a week.  That's what benzo withdrawals did to me, I thought I was going to die and I damn near killed myself.  Thank God those days are gone and it does get better.  As far as brain damage goes, I don't bye it.

• 3 weeks later...

HI Mikey:

Good to hear from you. I remember the days when you are tapering and suffering badly. I can't believe so much time has passed! Congrats on being 5 months free. Has the w/d settled down any for you?

Nuala

Congratulations on 5 months benzo-free Mikey!

Way to go!!!  I know this has been brutal for you and I see you are still experiencing some nasty symptoms, but I have to say, you sound SO MUCH BETTER!

Best wishes on your continued healing!!!

Hang in there,

Albie