Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Permanent Benzo Damage? This Is Not Fun

Mikey,

Several people have asked you a question or two about your healing..it might help them help you if you could answer their questions..you might see that they have been through similar things...and maybe they can help tell you how they dealt with a particular symptom...

TC

• Replies 665
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [mi...]

• [zi...]

• [...]

• [Gm...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote: "no i eat like a cow and i cant gain the weight..."

I am also eating very well right now and am actually losing weight. I am coming off a much lower dose of meds than you. If this is also happening to me then it is just the meds. I have had tons of medical tests done and nothing is physically wrong with me. The weight thing is just the meds and maybe some stress.

If you look around on here you will see lots of people lost weight and have trouble maintaining their weight while on benzos and while trying to get off them.

So see, there is one less thing for you to worry about!

I believe the body is stressed and working hard to fix itself so its burning off the calories fast, thus weight loss. Just make sure you are eating enough and staying hydrated  - no need to panic over this one.

There may be a point after your taper that you gain the weight back, plus more. This is what happened to me, and a lot of other people here. If your concerned about this too, don't worry - I am happy to report that the weight gain was also temporary.

Yea I went from 195 before detox then dropped down to about 170 and then shot back up to 220 all in a matter of 4 months.  I am now back to 208 and still losing weight thank goodness, not that I'm fat but I don't like all the extra weight.  I'm 6'5" and its not fun to carry all that height and weight around and find the bottom half of my legs go numb along with my arms.  YEY!  Thank you Pfizer!

So Mikey what are you up to this weekend?  Are you doing anything fun with your family or friends.. I hope you get out and enjoy the good things that life has to offer!  Stay in touch.

Ziggy

hey buddies thanks ziggy

i got a problem huge problem

severe bloating whatever i eat

severe burping when i drink water

my colon hurts

the upper left side ribcage hurts

my liver hurts

and i feel lumps in my head

i am scared i got cancer waiting for the results for the Brain MRI... Please Pray For Me To Come Back Normal

Also Severe Weakness Arms Legs, no Energy Monday I Will Post If Everything Is Normal

Diffucult SWALLOWING I AM SCARED SHITLESS WAITING FOR THE RESULTS.. THIS IS NOT FUN BUT I DID HAVE FUN AND I NOT DWELLING ANYMORE WHATEVER HAPPENS HAPPENS! I DROVE FAR I WENT EVERYWHERE

my colon hurts

my liver hurts

i am scared i got cancer

Mikey its all normal man and I know the feeling.  What's even weird is when all of my tests come back fine because I feel like I'm dying from some unknown disease.  The depersonalization makes it even worse, though that seems to come and go throughout the day.

I too have bloating that comes and goes, and I look pregnant sometimes and then it goes away!  It's strange because I have a six-pack too..

I also had the colon pains and had whipped poop for a bit.. that comes and goes and noticed eating peanuts didn't help! (sorry for the visual)  :idiot:

My ribcage hurt and continues to hurt through various parts of the day.  It seems humidity sets that off along with really bright sunlight... I think it has something to do with our hearts beating a little too fast from time to time.. nothing to worry about though

My liver hurts tooo!  It from the withdrawals.  The benzos made us so numbed out we didn't even know it.. and now that we are on it we litterally feel every little thing.  It's my personal theory that this explains why most of us can tell you about every little thing that hurts.  Your liver has to process things and sometimes the Antidepressants need a little more juice from the old liver.  Don't worry it is most likely fine, but it is not a bad idea to get your liver function tests done every 3 months or so.

Lumps in the head are still there and go down here and there and then I feel them coming on again.  My guess is this will pass within a six months to a year of being off of the benzos.

And yea the cancer thing is because all of your muscles probably feel like mush.. I didn't have cancer and I am fine and that gets better.

--Hey I am glad you got out and had a chance to drive around.  I hope you had a great time man and thanks for keeping in contact.

Ziggy

my colon hurts

my liver hurts

i am scared i got cancer

Mikey its all normal man and I know the feeling.  What's even weird is when all of my tests come back fine because I feel like I'm dying from some unknown disease.  The depersonalization makes it even worse, though that seems to come and go throughout the day.

I too have bloating that comes and goes, and I look pregnant sometimes and then it goes away!  It's strange because I have a six-pack too..

I also had the colon pains and had whipped poop for a bit.. that comes and goes and noticed eating peanuts didn't help! (sorry for the visual)  :idiot:

My ribcage hurt and continues to hurt through various parts of the day.  It seems humidity sets that off along with really bright sunlight... I think it has something to do with our hearts beating a little too fast from time to time.. nothing to worry about though

My liver hurts tooo!  It from the withdrawals.  The benzos made us so numbed out we didn't even know it.. and now that we are on it we litterally feel every little thing.  It's my personal theory that this explains why most of us can tell you about every little thing that hurts.  Your liver has to process things and sometimes the Antidepressants need a little more juice from the old liver.  Don't worry it is most likely fine, but it is not a bad idea to get your liver function tests done every 3 months or so.

Lumps in the head are still there and go down here and there and then I feel them coming on again.  My guess is this will pass within a six months to a year of being off of the benzos.

And yea the cancer thing is because all of your muscles probably feel like mush.. I didn't have cancer and I am fine and that gets better.

--Hey I am glad you got out and had a chance to drive around.  I hope you had a great time man and thanks for keeping in contact.

Ziggy

MRI IS NORMAL BUT I HAVE SYMPTOMS OF A TUMOR. DO BENZO'S CAUSE INFECTIONS I NEED TO KNOW THIS BECAUSE I DIE FROM LUMPS OR SOMEOTHER DISEASE I WILL GO INSANE

Do Benzo cause infections  people were coughing on me and i haven't got sick yet i have no clue what to do anymore

if i feel the sharp pains in the head 8 weird lump that hurt and the MRI showed nothing then  something is wrong with me

is it coming to hunt me down the benzo's later i am so worried like i said may i try ed to get off it by softail's guidelines and

i went to stupid doctor that gave me serequel ever since that losing weight look like a kid.. no energy severe weakness arms and l

legs severe depression delusions psychosis, psychotic and more more symptoms i feel i got cancer in a healthy body

I have never heard of a benzo causing infections....but they do cause quite a few bad withdrawal symtoms....where are you at in your taper Mikey?

TC

What do you mean can benzos cause infections? I've never heard of it CAUSING infections but many of us get sicker more often when tapering. I have had so many colds since I started coming off my meds, its ridiculous!

Nothing irregular came back on the tests? I'd feel much more confident that its the medication causing your problems. WD is a nasty thing and rips us apart in ways we could never have imagined.

Hang in there!

Amanda

Mikey,

I knew your MRI would be normal! :thumbsup: Doesn't that ease your mind? If you had a tumor, it would have shown up on that MRI sweety! Don't worry about it!

Can you please tell us what dose of K you are on now?

Can I ask you to do me a favor? You gotta promise me you'll do it!

Mikey,

I knew your MRI would be normal! :thumbsup: Doesn't that ease your mind? If you had a tumor, it would have shown up on that MRI sweety! Don't worry about it!

Can you please tell us what dose of K you are on now?

Can I ask you to do me a favor? You gotta promise me you'll do it!

I Don't Know What Is Going On With Me..

Everything Hurts Me MY Gi Tract. Bone I Still Feel The Lumps In The Brain, I Am On .25mg On K Severe Weakness

Yesterday When Sleeping I Had Severe Hand Fits My Leg Was Moving Fast I Don't Know Is Going On Anymore...over 1000 symptoms a day...

ALSO SEVERE PAIN

MIkey I have the week arms too......More in my taper, but 2 weeks benzo free I still have it, but not as bad I just ignore it and eventually it will go away...I notice things get worse when I think about it....I'm way too in tune w/ my body every ache and pain lie you are and after going to the docs i'm healthy and I don't want them to put me on anymmore medication so I stay away unless i'm really sick and need an anibiatic or somthing...I'm 28 like you are and realized I don't want to waste the last bit of my 20's worrying I want to try to enjoy it and maybe you should try to do it I know it's hard, but I know you can do it Mikey.....YOur dose is getting low congrats on getting to 0.25mg...I knew your MRI would come back normal all that worrying for nothing. I have done that too maney times.....

take care MIkey :)

Okay Mikey,

You never told me if you promised to do this favor for me or not, so I'm going to assume you promise  ;).

Make a list of ALL your benzo symptoms that are gone and post it here. Whenever you feel like you aren't going to get any better, I want you to look at the list you made. It will help you, and other people that feel the way you do about this whole benzo mess in their lives.

You are down to .25, Mikey that's wonderful!! It won't be much longer until you are telling us how wonderful you feel!!

Now, start making that list :)

Is There AnyThing For Muscle Weakness..

And Shots To Make Feel Energy Or Strong

Severe Weakness Is KILLING ME!

The OBSESSIVE ARE BETTER. I DONT CARE ANYMORE WHAT MUST HAPPEN HAPPEN

I FEEL SO WEAK I NEED TO GET A STEROID SHOT OR SOMETHING

Mikey,

I have found that when severe weakness and fatigue hit, the best thing to do is roll with it....if your tired then rest, if your sleepy then sleep. Just make sure you are eating enough protein and no artificial stuff so your CNS can heal quietly.

Is the obsessing the only thing that is better? I doubt that. What else has improved for you?

A steroid shot is only gonna send you through the roof, buddy.

Love,

~cupcake~

There are quite a few people on here...who have had their symptoms return...or flare due to steriods....I know you are probably kidding..but if not...stay away from that stuff..man...:)

TC

Hard To Breathe Sometimes. IS This Normal I Feel Little PINCH BY THE HEART I DONT FEEL SICK JUST HARD TO BELIEVE AND BELCHING SEVERE

i am having symptoms of cancer you guys

arm numbness/weakness/ bouts of nausea... my gi tract is out of whack. diffucult swallowing.. severe extreme fatique,

i am scared shitless i am going to get a seizure and die MRI IS NEGATIVE BLOOD TEST NEGATIVE BUT I AM GETTING WEIRD FITS

AND MY MOODS SWINGS ARE WORSE I AM AN ASS TO PEOPLE. STAGGERING DROPPING THINGS DOWN NO INTEREST IN NADA..

NO MEDICINE HELPS IT COMES AND IT GOES THIS STUPID FKIN SYMPTOMS FOR 6 MONTHS I AM SUFFERING OR MORE MY HANDS

SHAKE WHEN I HOLD A PHONE IS THIS CRAZY AND NOBODY IN MY FAMILY BELIEVE ME  :'( :'( I AM CLOSE TO DEATH I HOPE NOT

MY ROTATOR CUP IS IN PAIN OBSESSING THINKING I HAVE BONE CANCER. WHEN I HAVE PAINS MY GI TRACT I WORRY I GOT

STOMACH CANCER GALLBLADDER CANCER ALL GI CANCER I EAT SOMETHING I GET BLOATED OR NAUSEA.. THIS NOT A FUKIN LIFE

THIS IS HELL EVERY SINGLE DAY HOT FLASHES HOT FLASHES. PRESSSURE IN THE HEAD, SEVERE BELCHING. BLURRY VISION

I AM GOING TO END IN THE HOSPITAL AGAIN AND THEY STILL WONT FIND NOTHING BECAUSE OF THIS BENZODIAZPINE DAMAGE

HEARING MUSIC IN MY LEFT EAR.. THIS IS MESSED UP SOMEDAYS I DONT WANT TO LIVE BUT I WILL HAVE TO FIGHT IT EVERY

SINGLE DAY THIS SHIT LOOK HOW I LOOK IN THAT PICTURE TERRIBLE

Hi mikey

Sounds like typical Benzo withdrawal to me.

Just go SLOW & LOW and get off the Benzos to get back to ENJOYING 100% good health.

Teakettle

hey mikey,

you do realize that intrusive, fearful thoughts are a symptom of benzo w/d, right?  i've been struggling with those, too. 

you are in benzo w/d...it is making your brain fearful of everything...if all your tests came back normal you would not have cancer.

all you can do is stabilize and then continue to taper.  i'm so sorry you are suffering so.  please just stay the course on this. 

leslie

Hi mikey

Sounds like typical Benzo withdrawal to me.

Just go SLOW & LOW and get off the Benzos to get back to ENJOYING 100% good health.

Teakettle

I agree with Teakettle..the only way through it...is through it....we all have dealt with or are still dealing with...various weird symptoms....that we never had to deal with before.....they will all fade in time...

TC

is this normal to see little tiny white  dots on the computer screen.....

like i said i went to the doctor everything normal really crazy symptons .25mg only the psych ward was the worst...

never should have went never should taken sereq stupid doctor i feel i got every nut this

Bipolar I II Manic Deep Psychosis. Psychostic.

How much are you cutting at a time now Mikey'? I'm suspecting you are cutting .25 mgs each time. This is too fast sweety I think you should go slow as you get near the end.

You seem to be more grounded now, though.I just don't want you getting hit hard with bad derealization or something for months after you jump off like I did.