Important Survey - Please Participate ×
Dr. David Healy - Raising Awareness of Inappropriate or Harmful Deprescribing Practices ×

18 - 30 Month Plus Group

[No...]

Miss Jen.....I'm happy to hear from you but I'm sorry that your struggling...anxiety is aweful....when I've got a bad day it's takes everything in me to make it thru the day......but it sounds like all your physical symptoms have calmed down....which is a great sign.....I've got anxiety days but I get managable days but my nerve pain I feel is worse.....

Wishing you a Merry Christmas.....blessings to you and your family...

TM

Sorry to hear that Jen. Hope you feel better soon. The CBD only helps with muscle pain and tightness, i did get a bit of anxiety when i took too much so if you are prone to anxiety maybe better to back off it or stop taking it all together. I have backed off my dose to one drop in the morning and one at night and really helps alot

Thanks guys!

Texas I'm sorry you are dealing with the teeth and mouth stuff still...

My pain through out my body has let up a bit... 

I hope yours does soon... Remember that breathing stuff I had forever, like a good solid year...

It truly just one day wasn't there any longer... It can still pop up for a short visit but the 24/7 is completely gone...  Same thing with the dizziness.

My big physical is my stomach omg it can get bad and the belching and bloating I swear it's insane still at times! But mainly on a daily basis I just ache my muscles are just tense all the time but I'm sure that has a lot to do with the Anxiety...

I never had bad anxiety before this, and had never even experienced a panic attacks so when this fear started I really didn't know how to cope with it or what it even was...

For me my major sx in all this is Fear!  And boy it's a big one...

Idk for me my big question is do I need more time or do I need to start pushing back harder... I don't want to stress my body anymore but something has to give...

Lockie, thanks Again!  I thought you could use CBD for anxiety but I could be wrong my friend....

❤️

How do you guys deal with the benzo rage? I have been thinking alot about my situation today and although im making good progress i just cant kick the anger. Im 100 times better than i was and no doubt recovering but its just taking so long.

Push through half a days work, come home too wrecked to enjoy time with my mrs and daughter, spend the next day on the couch orvery light duties bored out of my skull then wash, rinse, repeat.

Maybe im just ungrateful? This time 2 years ago i was convinced i was dying. Im making money and finally able to support the family again which is great but im hurting.

I dont know guess im just fed up watching my life pass by.

Hey gang, my wife is about to start baking for Christmas, and ideally she would include small amounts of alcohol in her recipes for mince pies and  christmas cakes etc. Do i need to tell her to leave all alcohol out or do you think if it's small amounts which will be cooked/baked etc? She's just a bit worried they won't taste as good for the guests without any :-\

Lockie-

I have the rage stuff too. I am so irritated by a lot of things. I try to avoid the people who do it to me but it’s kinda everywhere. I do my best to just keep my feelings to myself. Not easy.

[23...]

Hey gang, my wife is about to start baking for Christmas, and ideally she would include small amounts of alcohol in her recipes for mince pies and  christmas cakes etc. Do i need to tell her to leave all alcohol out or do you think if it's small amounts which will be cooked/baked etc? She's just a bit worried they won't taste as good for the guests without any :-\

This is such a minuscule amount that it should cook out and have zero effect.

Careful of stuff such as fruitcake, that’s often drenched with quantities of fresh alcohol, yikes. You could get loaded on one serving.  :o

Lockie-

I have the rage stuff too. I am so irritated by a lot of things. I try to avoid the people who do it to me but it’s kinda everywhere. I do my best to just keep my feelings to myself. Not easy.

Dont bottle it up too much Anj it will eat you alive. Sometimes its good to get it out

Merry Christmas everyone!....and a sweetest of christmas cheer being sent to Saga23.  I miss you and always think of how much you made me believe in recovery.

Well people ive been done with benzos for quite some time now....maybe 3 or 4 years.  Im say with comfidence....it gets better bit by bit.  A few secrets are believe/know it will happy, patience...a lot.  Ckean eating and keep trying to find the little positives in life.  Accept what is happening with the thought ....this too shall pass. Be nice to yourself in your self talk...you are loved..you deserved to be loved.  Lots of meditation on positive affirmations.

Just know that all the pain ends in a beautiful rainbow.

Nameste

Lockie-

Dont bottle it up too much Anj it will eat you alive. Sometimes its good to get it out

That’s what I use my therapist and EMdR for. It’s enough.

Merry Christmas everyone!....and a sweetest of christmas cheer being sent to Saga23.  I miss you and always think of how much you made me believe in recovery.

Well people ive been done with benzos for quite some time now....maybe 3 or 4 years.  Im say with comfidence....it gets better bit by bit.  A few secrets are believe/know it will happy, patience...a lot.  Ckean eating and keep trying to find the little positives in life.  Accept what is happening with the thought ....this too shall pass. Be nice to yourself in your self talk...you are loved..you deserved to be loved.  Lots of meditation on positive affirmations.

Just know that all the pain ends in a beautiful rainbow.

Nameste

That’s beautiful gonnawin! Thank you for the hope!

Gonna  :smitten:  how wonderful to see you stop in with such a positive message of hope! I think of you often with great fondness, you sound absolutely fantastic and I'm so very very happy for you! Much much love you beautiful woman  :mybuddy: and a very Merry Christmas to you as well.

Saga :smitten:

Merry Xmas to all my buddies! Hope its not too stressful for you all. Its been one hell of a ride and thanks for the support over the years.

Uggh.... Woke up to a Xmas wave this morning. Should have known it was coming, been really sore last 2 days and CBD wasnt helping. Just gotta get through family shit today then have a week or so to catch my breath before work starts.

Bahh humbug lol

Merry Christmas, Lockie.  May we all feel better as the year winds down and may 2018 mark the end of this journey and the beginning of a new life.

Sofa

Merry Christmas, Lockie.  May we all feel better as the year winds down and may 2018 mark the end of this journey and the beginning of a new life.

Sofa

Thanks Sofa. Defiantly ready for a fresh start after some rest, i hope you and the rest of the crew get a window for Xmas  :)

Hi everyone!

I hope your holidays were wonderful.  If not wonderful, at least bearable.  If not bearable, at least they are over!  Always look for the positive, even if it’s buried 6 feet under the cow dung.

Lockie how are you doing?  I miss your smiling face and positivity.  You bring so much hope to all of us.  Give us an update when you can.  How are the precious wife and baby doing?  I bet you spoiled them on Christmas.

I hope everyone is looking forward to 2018 like I am.  The year of healing for us all I am sure.

Happy 2018 Buddies!  The year of our rebirth!

Love, Sofa

May the New Year have many windows for all of you! 

I will put this thought out to the universe...and so it shall be.

The biggest thing I learned on my journey of life...i learned here on this site. 

We are all beautiful people helping and supporting all and accepting all.  Accepting all is the key to life for everyones perception at each given moment is unique unto them and who are you to judge.

Time heals everything ebrntually...even benzo with benzo eithdrawal provided you believe it will.  Belief is the answer.

There is no instant pill and instant hrstification is an addiction to overcome. 

Listening to the hurt within and accepting and learning who you are is how you get gratification.

We are all capable of what we believe we are capable of.

Keep love and patience in your heart and become contious to humans great and small for everyone is loaded with a burden.

Thanks Sofa and Gonnawin great to hear from you  :). I hope everybuddie got through Xmas ok as it can be a stressful time, bring on the new year i recon, im keen for a fresh start!

My wave broke on the day after Xmas and i went out 4 wheel driving on the beach with my friends. Drove an hour feeling like shit and like a goddamn miracle my wave broke soon as we got to the beach. I even setup my kitesurf gear and had an hour out on the water  :thumbsup:

Still not all sunshine and lollypops thou, the struggle is still there but can definatly achieve more nowdays. Healing is most definatly happening.

How is everyone else doing? Been pretty quiet around these parts lately

Gonnawin,

Great words of inspiration you wrote.  I truly believe, like you expressed, that the human race can connect jointly to positive forces in the universe.  That we become stronger, more resilient, more of everything GOOD, when we connect to each other and to the Source of goodness, whatever we believe that to be.  We are stronger together than any one of us is separately, and our strength grows as we meld together, sending out positive energy to each other.

Thanks, Gonnawin.

Sofa

Lockie,

Wow.  I loved your post.  This is how the real healing starts.  The steady flow of withdrawal misery begins breaking up.  Small rays of sunshine, windows, punch through the darkness.  The symptoms start crumbling away in little chunks, bit by bit. 

I keep reminding myself that all change is good.  Even if the changes don’t feel all that great, they are changes nevertheless, and that means that something is taking place inside us, moving us in a forward trajectory.  This kind of healing, repairing and restoring the alterations made in our brains by medication, is like nothing we’ve ever experienced.  It is strange and bizarre.  We will look back on this time in our lives someday in the future and we will see clearly just how resilient and how well-designed our bodies are to withstand harm and heal themselves.  We will take nothing for granted again.  Every day of our lives will put smiles on our faces just because we feel so damn well and so happy to be alive.

Come on 2018! 

Sofa

Buddies,

What’s been happening to me lately might be something you can relate to. 

For the majority of this journey, I’ve pretty much gotten 6-7 hours of uninterrupted sleep each night.  These past couple of months, my sleep has been interrupted throughout the night.  I wake up for a minute or so every hour and fall back asleep.  This has bothered me.  Like I’m going backwards in my healing.  Something that was working RIGHT has now gone south.  When I get scared or depressed about my new sleep pattern, I tell myself, hey, if my sleep pattern was fine for 3 years, it will be fine again.  Our bodies show us all the time that they know how to get it right.  We have to look for the signs in order to have confidence in our healing.  We have to grab onto every positive we can find and let ourselves feel good about them.

Also, these adrenaline surges...

After the 3am cortisol onslaught, things settle down after about 30 minutes or so.  Then, throughout the day, I get spikes of adrenaline at around noon, 4pm and 8pm.  Heart rate goes up, anxiety increases, RLS comes on at the 8pm spike—all the lovely symptoms that go with adrenaline surges.  What’s interesting is that I used to feel this way all day.  Now I notice the change when it occurs, which means I’m feeling okay before and after the spikes occur.  And these spikes are lasting a half hour or so, not all day or for hours.

In withdrawal, we always focus on the symptoms we are feeling at the time, instead of all the times we are NOT feeling the symptoms.  It’s only natural to do this.  It’s like we have to make a conscious effort to focus on the good, but the bad shit we experience we feel automatically with no effort at all.

So, I’m trying hard these days to dig out the positives underneath the rubble.  If my body got it right before, it will get it right again.  If I get adrenaline surges, I’ll remind myself they won’t last long and I didn’t have them the last few hours when I felt fine.  My body knows how to get it right.

Sofa