18 - 30 Month Plus Group

[No...]

Translator,

Yes, yes and yes.  This is withdrawal.  We all feel the same way.  This is a very long haul.  For many of us, it takes years to repair the disruption and imbalance of our receptors.  Don’t fight it.  Accept it.  It gets better with time very slowly.

Sofa

Thank you for your reply Sofakingdone! Our situation is really horrendous, so destructive. The body feels like a cement block, and everything is dark and gloomy. The voices on the TV are uncomfortable, so I usually turn off the sound. Looking at the mess in my home, and leaving from there. The nervous system feels like cracking, broken electrical wires, and spells out discomfort.

Thank you for listening! I wish you better soon, you are a very good friend.

Translator,

As bad as you feel right now, with all these dark scary symptoms, these are just sensations, not illness.  We messed up our brains with medications.  Multiple medications for some of us.  We trusted our doctors to know what they were doing.  And they DIDN’T.  They have a two hour seminar on pharmacology, presented by reps from pharmaceutical companies, in their entire 6 year medical education.  Yet, the majority of what they do in their practices is prescribe these medications.  It is tragic and irresponsible.  And who pays the price for their ignorance?  WE DO.  Their patients.

This hamster wheel of prescription horror has gone on unchecked for a century or more.  The only reason it is now coming to light is because of the sheer numbers of us (millions) who have been harmed by this medication merry-go-round.  We are not just an unfortunate minority.  We are the norm.

We all heal from this damage eventually.  That’s why the cycle of prescribing meds keeps perpetuating.  We all heal and move on with our lives, never forgetting what happened to us, but never allowing ourselves to relive the horror and stay involved in helping to end this dangerous prescribing that ruins people’s lives for years.

Just do the one thing you must.  Take care of yourself and ride this out. 

Sofa

It does get easier unfortunatly at a snails pace. Normally things die down to a few bastard symptoms that hang around. Sofa with the head stuff, me with exhaustion its the benzo lottery what you end up with but it all goes away eventually provided you are completely off all medication.

Hang in there buddies

I agree, it WILL eventually get easier.  It took me over two years to heal, and my healing was very gradual.  This, unfortunately, is "normal" for many of us.

That said, we can't all get "completely off all medication, "  even if we'd like to.  BB isn't an anti-med forum, and medication is useful and helpful in some cases.  We're all different.

:smitten:

Had a flu virus for the last six weeks! Now i've got sores all over my face and swollen glands in my neck :-[

Feels like any progress i've made has been lost. My nervous system is completely raw from the moment i wake up until i TRY to sleep :tickedoff:

Tinnitus is LOUD!

Could really do with some support :-[

Three years of this CRAP >:(

It does get easier unfortunatly at a snails pace. Normally things die down to a few bastard symptoms that hang around. Sofa with the head stuff, me with exhaustion its the benzo lottery what you end up with but it all goes away eventually provided you are completely off all medication.

Hang in there buddies

I agree, it WILL eventually get easier.  It took me over two years to heal, and my healing was very gradual.  This, unfortunately, is "normal" for many of us.

That said, we can't all get "completely off all medication, "  even if we'd like to.  BB isn't an anti-med forum, and medication is useful and helpful in some cases.  We're all different.

:smitten:

*Completely off psychiatric medication

'Completely off psychiatric medication' is necessary for healing?  I don't think this is true.

Do you have a link to back up this statement?

From my personal observations on here and research into antidepressants most long term sufferers are either still on them , tapering or only been off them for awhile. Coincidence? I think not

This is just my opinion though. No need to get upset

From my personal observations on here and research into antidepressants most long term sufferers are either still on them , tapering or only been off them for awhile. Coincidence? I think not

This is just my opinion though. No need to get upset

Lockie,

Personal observations are simply your opinions. If you are going to state emphatically that being on other medications delays healing, you need to back it up with links to scientific studies.  If as you say, this is just your opinion, then you need to state that in your posts. 

Taking medication is a personal and a medical choice. For some people, medication may help issues they are having.  In my years here on the forum I've seen people heal and recover while still taking other medications, whether SSRI's or other drugs.

Scaring members with generalities that have no scientific backup is contrary to the spirit of BB. 

pianogirl

In my years here on the forum I've seen people heal and recover while still taking other medications, whether SSRI's or other drugs.

if you look up Parker's early posts she was always talking about that she "healed" underneath while taking an anti-depressant for a year or more. i've seen lot's of other cases like this. there is always a case where someone needs something only for a certain time to get them through a certain time, does not mean they're are not healing or won't heal.

Sorry but I’m with Lockie on this one... I just don’t see how taking another psych drug which will further synthetically alter our brain chemistry is going to help our already frazzled brains naturally rebalance after being thrown off by benzodiazepines?

Just my opinion. Not judging anyone, just saying why I do everything I can to stay away from them.

Obviously if you feel suicidal or anything then of course do whatever you need to do to get relief.

If you read though the links below, there is some information why taking antidepressants is not a good idea with respect to benzodiazepine withdrawal, from reliable sources. In my opinion, these should only be taken as a life saving measure, based on my experience and from what I’ve read over the last 10 years.

http://w-bad.org/reactions-setbacks/

http://w-bad.org/protractedwithdrawalsyndrome/

Stuck,

Viruses can wreak havoc on our nervous systems.  Our bodies are constantly fighting off thousands of viruses and bacterial infections every day.  It’s just that those of us in withdrawal react very strongly with other symptoms while these daily battles wage.  People not in withdrawal are constantly fighting off infections and viruses too.  The difference is they don’t have overly sensitized nerves and they don’t get a myriad of secondary symptoms from the ongoing battles.

You’ll be okay when your body finally wins the war and gets rid of the virus.  Things will settle down and you will go back to baseline, such as it is.

Sofa

If you read though the links below, there is some information why taking antidepressants is not a good idea with respect to benzodiazepine withdrawal, from reliable sources. In my opinion, these should only be taken as a life saving measure, based on my experience and from what I’ve read over the last 10 years.

Doesnt take a genius to realise that bombing your brain with mind altering chemicals isnt a good idea while in recovery from benzo damage and trying to reach homeostasis but here is the proof.

Thanks for the links Pedro

Doesnt take a genius to realise that bombing your brain with mind altering chemicals isnt a good idea while in recovery from benzo damage and trying to reach homeostasis but here is the proof.

i am a strong advocate of not taking anything at all. no drugs at all. always have been actually. was in AA for 13 years and didn't take any drugs. but to say something like this when you are on a substance is, i don't know? kinda hypocritical. i said it before a substance is a substance. just because it's natural doesn't mean that your brain isn't being bombarded as well, especially in benzo recovery. i am also speaking for myself as i am still on a "natural" substance - the progesterone. it's still a substance and it still has the possibility of making a healing process take longer. so does CBD oil even if it makes some of the symptoms subside. what do you think might happen if you just stop taking that? i know CBD oil and marijuana have their place now in healing but it's still not a cure all; and still has the potential to bombard the brain while healing from benzo's. i'll say it again, Baylissa told me that was the number one thing she saw of people having setbacks, was the CBD oil. i am sorry, you are not being fair. especially to the person you ran off of here.

I agree a mind altering substance is just that, whether natural or not. CBD, THC, St. John’s Wort, 5 HTP etc are natural and cross the blood brain barrier where they can affect neurotransmitter systems/brain function, the same way as synthetic/man made drugs. It’s unknown to what extent they have on damaged bz receptors, but there are plenty of negative anecdotal reports regarding the above.

If you look through that one link, there is a list of substances that could negatively impact healing, in addition to a list of substances that definitely cause problems (GABAergic). Not to say that all of these things are bad for everyone, but to be aware of them and the possible consequences of ingesting. I drink some coffee, have throughout most of this ordeal, and it’s on the list, but I’m pretty sure it is not causing problems in my case. It’s important that we have the information and make our own decisions based on what knowledge is available, together with our experience.

i am a strong advocate of not taking anything at all. no drugs at all. always have been actually. was in AA for 13 years and didn't take any drugs. but to say something like this when you are on a substance is, i don't know? kinda hypocritical. i said it before a substance is a substance. just because it's natural doesn't mean that your brain isn't being bombarded as well, especially in benzo recovery. i am also speaking for myself as i am still on a "natural" substance - the progesterone. it's still a substance and it still has the possibility of making a healing process take longer. so does CBD oil even if it makes some of the symptoms subside. what do you think might happen if you just stop taking that? i know CBD oil and marijuana have their place now in healing but it's still not a cure all; and still has the potential to bombard the brain while healing from benzo's. i'll say it again, Baylissa told me that was the number one thing she saw of people having setbacks, was the CBD oil. i am sorry, you are not being fair. especially to the person you ran off of here.

I regards to *** i never ran her off here. I pointed out there was a reason why she was getting worse in the nicest and most supportive way possible. She was scaring the shit out of everyone and something had to be said. In fact she is a prime example of people being on antidepressants and not healing.

In regards to CBD it is a natural supplement THC causes setbacks not hemp cbd which is what i take and has no psycoactive effect. I also never said it was a miracle cure its a supplement and it helps turn it down a knotch ........ thats all.

Make me out to be an asshole if you want PD but sometimes things need to be said. I had a fair few PMs on here and Facebook thanking me for clearing things up

Edit:Redacted member’s name

I regards to *** i never ran her off here. I pointed out there was a reason why she was getting worse in the nicest and most supportive way possible. She was scaring the shit out of everyone and something had to be said. In fact she is a prime example of people being on antidepressants and not healing.

In regards to CBD it is a natural supplement THC causes setbacks not hemp cbd which is what i take and has no psycoactive effect. I also never said it was a miracle cure its a supplement and it helps turn it down a knotch ........ thats all.

Make me out to be an asshole if you want PD but sometimes things need to be said. I had a fair few PMs on here and Facebook thanking me for clearing things up

well that's good that you think you pointed it out in the nicest and most supportive way - but just realize that in withdrawal, people can take their lives over this shit. and maybe it would have been more supportive to only share this with her via PM. i know how she felt because this exact thing happened to me on this very thread. hmmm, maybe it's just the thread. ???

well that's good that you think you pointed it out in the nicest and most supportive way - but just realize that in withdrawal, people can take their lives over this shit. and maybe it would have been more supportive to only share this with her via PM. i know how she felt because this exact thing happened to me on this very thread. hmmm, maybe it's just the thread. ???

Yeah you are right people take their own lives over this shit all the time. So how is everyone else behind her supposed to feel logging on and seeing her getting worse for apparently no reason after 4 years.... anxious? Hopeless? Suicidal?? I know i was feeling that way reading her posts even though im getting better, how is sombody at 18 months supposed to feel?. If she had been honest we could of helped support her and everyones mind would be at ease knowing she was going through other shit.

Sorry i hurt your friends feelings, if i knew she would flip i would have PMd her first but the truth had to come out publically regardless. I am also sorry you feel you have been attacked on this thread.

Nobody is making you post on here though

I am healing just fine on my SSRI that I’ve been on since 2004. I am NOT an advocate for adding medications to an already sensitive CNS, but there are many members who were on another med (prior to benzos) that are holding their AD taper until they heal/feel more stable. I’m one of them.

There are also many members that have added an adjunct med post-benzos and we’re able to taper when the time was right for them. You adding CBD oil (an adjunct med) is considered a big no-no by almost every counseller in this field....it’s believed to prevent healing so I’m really perplexed by your singular stance on natural healing.

In regards to ***, you did “out” her in a VERY public way WITHOUT consulting with her first. How’d you think she’d feel? Thankful? Your explanation is that she was scaring people, yet, here YOU are scaring members with your SSRI opinion. Do new members who are on an AD get scared reading your post? Probably. 

FWIW,  this whole forum is scary. And not just because of the stories about excessive healing times. The way members treat each other, in their darkest hour, is heartbreaking at times. At this point in our recovery we need to be lifting each other up, and making sure everyone gets to the finish line. That’s really our only job.

Counsellors opinions are just that .... opinions. They do not have specialist training or an intricate knowledge about what is going on in our bodies. If psychiatrists and doctors dont know whats going on how do they? Their opinion is based on observations as are mine and yours. So ive said my opinion based on what i have observed over the last 3.5 years you can take it or leave it.

There is a very active thread on here about cbd and many, many members getting benefits and relief from it. So whos theroy is it that CBD is a big no no? Every counsellors opinion varies and it is extracted naturally directly from a plant not made in the same labs from the same companies that make benzos. So yes i do believe in natural healing and natural supplements can help from person to person but to me pharmaceutical chemicals are a no no.

Everyone needed to know the truth about *** end of story and no regrets from me posting at all.

Like i said just my opinion. Glad the ssri meds are helping you, good luck for the future

As mentioned earlier, just because a substance is natural doesn’t make it any less harmful. Cocaine and opium are natural substances. So is arsenic. Don’t be fooled by this. Also if you’re taking CBD oil are you simply substituting one drug for another? Might be something to think about.