Daily Micro-Tapering Support Group

[sh...]

No I don't think that's quite right. You're not splitting your pills yet are you?

I am happy to help you with math.

If you weigh an entire pill and it weighs 0.116 g then you eat that pill that means you are getting 16.25 mg of drug.

Do you want me to show you how to compute different amounts of drug based on cutting the pill?

Bob 7,

Yes ty for the offer!

Yes the pill was cut from 116 grams to 112 grams

It is one pill scored in half taken twice a day now at that current weight

Just have no idea what milligram I’m at

• Replies 12.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [ga...]

• [...]

• [bu...]

• [Ul...]

Top Posters In This Topic

If my pill weighs about 0.201g and containing 0.5mgs of Clon and I am cutting 0.002 every day or two how much actual drug am I cutting in each 0.002 cut?

I am holding after 5 days of those cuts.

You are reducing 0.005 mg of the drug with each cut.

Can you tell me the calculation you used please?

You know, once I got my pill weighed, I stopped thinking about how much drug was in it and just thought about the whole weight of the pill. I wanted to get rid of the whole pill.

This was when I was tapering trazodone, before I started my benzo tapers, which were liquid. I don't remember the actual pill weights. I'll just use the .2 grams was an example. So if my whole pill was .2 grams, I subtracted 10% of .2 grams each month. That would be .02 grams per month. Divide that by 30 days in a month and I had my daily subtraction of .00067 grams (.67mg) per day. I shaved off the little bits with a very thin knife and then weighed what was left of the pill.

So, I'm curious, was that a legitimate way to figure out a dry taper or was I out in left field and was just lucky that it worked? ???

No I don't think that's quite right. You're not splitting your pills yet are you?

If you weigh an entire pill and it weighs 0.116 g then you eat that pill that means you are getting 16.25 mg of drug.

Do you want me to show you how to compute different amounts of drug based on cutting the pill?

Bob 7,

Yes ty for the offer!

The formula to compute your new dose after cutting off some of the pill is as follows.

Take whatever the scale weighs and multiply by 0.5 and then divide by 0.116

So if your scale is showing you 0.112 the answer would be 0.483 mg

If my pill weighs about 0.201g and containing 0.5mgs of Clon and I am cutting 0.002 every day or two how much actual drug am I cutting in each 0.002 cut?

I am holding after 5 days of those cuts.

You are reducing 0.005 mg of the drug with each cut.

Can you tell me the calculation you used please?

0.002 times 0.5 divided by 0.2

You know, once I got my pill weighed, I stopped thinking about how much drug was in it and just thought about the whole weight of the pill. I wanted to get rid of the whole pill.

This was when I was tapering trazodone, before I started my benzo tapers, which were liquid. I don't remember the actual pill weights. I'll just use the .2 grams was an example. So if my whole pill was .2 grams, I subtracted 10% of .2 grams each month. That would be .02 grams per month. Divide that by 30 days in a month and I had my daily subtraction of .00067 grams (.67mg) per day. I shaved off the little bits with a very thin knife and then weighed what was left of the pill.

So, I'm curious, was that a legitimate way to figure out a dry taper or was I out in left field and was just lucky that it worked? ???

Your method is actually very good.  I understand why people are curious about the actual medication amounts but what you're saying is absolutely true. What you get work perfectly And reliably.

Your method is actually very good.  I understand why people are curious about the actual medication amounts but what you're saying is absolutely true. What you get work perfectly And reliably.

Thanks for the confirmation. I've never seen anyone figure it that way so I thought I must be doing something wrong! ::)

Actually, it is such a good idea, I am thinking of adding it to my webpage as an alternative to worrying about math.

Thanks for the confirmation. I've never seen anyone figure it that way so I thought I must be doing something wrong! ::)

Actually, it is such a good idea, I am thinking of adding it to my webpage as an alternative to worrying about math.

Cool! I'm all for easy math! :thumbsup: I did my liquids the same way. Once I liquefied, I no longer thought about milligrams, I thought about milliliters. I found all the other figuring way too complicated.

Bob 7,

Yes ty for the offer!

The formula to compute your new dose after cutting off some of the pill is as follows.

Hi Bob,

Ty for this so much.....

I checked on the scale and the original weight of the pill does seem to weigh at 0.116 Grams / 16.25 MG

I wanted to get to 15 MG

Reiterating, I’m now at 0.112 grams

It’s only one pill I take

I split it in half to take at two different times

I don’t understand the amount u came up with

Sorry for being a pest

Bob 7,

Yes ty for the offer!

Hi Bob,

Ty for this so much.....

I checked on the scale and the original weight of the pill does seem to weigh at 0.116 Grams / 16.25 MG

I wanted to get to 15 MG

Sorry for being a pest

I am happy to help you.

To get to 15 MG, use a nail file or whatever to cut your pill down in size so it weighs only 0.107 grams.

Then cut it in half so you can take at two different times.

In case you are interested, here is the math:

Multiply 0.116 by 15 and divide by 16.25

Bob 7,

Yes ty for the offer!

Hi Bob,

Ty for this so much.....

I wanted to get to 15 MG

Sorry for being a pest

I am happy to help you.

To get to 15 MG, use a nail file or whatever to cut your pill down in size so it weighs only 0.107 grams.

Then cut it in half so you can take at two different times.

In case you are interested, here is the math:

Multiply 0.116 by 15 and divide by 16.25

Bob7,

Ty so much from my heart for helping me

I appreciate it immensely

I think that's a great idea Bob, save people from worrying about that one thing, what a relief  ;)

Good job Gardie  :smitten: :smitten:

Hi,

I'm a bit surprised and confused:  I thought everyone was doing it this way. I've seen videos on YouTube where it was done in this way. I use a microgram scale (0,002) and a nail file to shave the needed amount off.

Doesn't Jim Hawks advise us to do it like this too?  Google Jim Hawks tapering plan.

Or did I do it all wrong?

Hi,

I'm a bit surprised and confused:  I thought everyone was doing it this way. I've seen videos on YouTube where it was done in this way. I use a microgram scale (0,002) and a nail file to shave the needed amount off.

Doesn't Jim Hawks advise us to do it like this too?  Google Jim Hawks tapering plan.

I do not think you did anything wrong.

It was just a question comparing "Do we really need to know the milligrams of drugs we are taking" OR "is it enough to just see the weight of the pill decrease as measured on a scale".

I think some people really want to know the amount of drugs in milligrams they are taking which is complicated to compute.  You need to do the math based on the weight of the pill which can be difficult.

Hi,

It was just a question comparing "Do we really need to know the milligrams of drugs we are taking" OR "is it enough to just see the weight of the pill decrease as measured on a scale".

I think some people really want to know the amount of drugs in milligrams they are taking which is complicated to compute.  You need to do the math based on the weight of the pill which can be difficult.

:thumbsup:

Every month or so I would do the math to see how far along I was, but day to day I just watched my total (liquid or tablet) decrease.

Hi,

Every month or so I would do the math to see how far along I was, but day to day I just watched my total (liquid or tablet) decrease.

I'm going so slow that if I were going any slower I'd be in reverse :) . Actually, it does feel that way most months. I guess I'll just wake up one of these days and be off the stuff.

Hugs to you!

Jeff

Hi,

I'm going so slow that if I were going any slower I'd be in reverse :) . Actually, it does feel that way most months. I guess I'll just wake up one of these days and be off the stuff.

Hugs to you!

Jeff

Yes, you will, Jeff!  :smitten:

Hi,

Hugs to you!

Jeff

Oops! One other thing, Gardie...I sent you a PM, but you may not get it if it's turned off. I said something like this:  Hey Miss Gardie!! I know you've been through this with me before, but can you tell me how to get to the "titration board" that you refer to at times? I just seem to have a blank mind and can't find it. A friend of my wife's is now ready to start a taper to get off her poison and I want to tell her how to get to this board. On the main page in the forum I see a "Welcome to BB's" part with multiple links within it, and then I see the next section which is labeled something like "Benzo Withdrawal and Recovery Support" and it has multiple parts that anyone can go to, etc. If you don't mind, please give me the path on how to get to the Titration board. I usually go to BenzoBuddies.org and then I click on "Forum" at the top, which brings me to the Welcome page with lots of options. Where do I go from there?

I sure do mega appreciate the help! Have a killer good day!

Jeff

Hi,

Hugs to you!

Jeff

Oops! One other thing, Gardie...I sent you a PM, but you may not get it if it's turned off. I said something like this:  Hey Miss Gardie!! I know you've been through this with me before, but can you tell me how to get to the "titration board" that you refer to at times? I just seem to have a blank mind and can't find it. A friend of my wife's is now ready to start a taper to get off her poison and I want to tell her how to get to this board. On the main page in the forum I see a "Welcome to BB's" part with multiple links within it, and then I see the next section which is labeled something like "Benzo Withdrawal and Recovery Support" and it has multiple parts that anyone can go to, etc. If you don't mind, please give me the path on how to get to the Titration board. I usually go to BenzoBuddies.org and then I click on "Forum" at the top, which brings me to the Welcome page with lots of options. Where do I go from there?

I sure do mega appreciate the help! Have a killer good day!

Jeff

Hey, Jeff. I got the PM. I sent you directions and a link. ;D

Hi all usually don’t post here , I am on the Ativan thread but need so advice on the micro taper , I am not good at math been doing this for 1 year 3 months now . I am on liquid taper . I am at 0.18 mg I have to go very slowly as I get symptoms from the smallest drop . I dose 3 xs a day

6 ml. 6 ml 6 ml  I try to reduce by 2 lines on my 1 ml dropper a day which has 100 lines on it .

I erased my signature by mistake .

My question is at what amt can I stop ?

And has anyone still experienced symptoms at this low dose ?

Thanks Lisa

Hi all usually don’t post here , I am on the Ativan thread but need so advice on the micro taper , I am not good at math been doing this for 1 year 3 months now . I am on liquid taper . I am at 0.18 mg I have to go very slowly as I get symptoms from the smallest drop . I dose 3 xs a day

6 ml. 6 ml 6 ml  I try to reduce by 2 lines on my 1 ml dropper a day which has 100 lines on it .

I erased my signature by mistake .

My question is at what amt can I stop ?

And has anyone still experienced symptoms at this low dose ?

Thanks Lisa

tech21,

To your question, has anyone experienced symptoms at this low dose.  Absolutely, 0.18 mg Ativan is equal to 0.09 mg Klonopin.  I was definitely having troubles at that point. 

To you question, at what amount can I stop, well some people do jump at the low dosage you are at.  Others keep tapering for as long as they can still make reductions.  I spent another 3 months slowly tapering from the level you are at.

If you are looking for how to fix you signature, then on the forum page, click Profile, and then on the left side of the page (just below Modify Profile), click on Forum Profile.