Daily Micro-Tapering Support Group

[sh...]

Yes, mine do come in the .5, and I read somewhere they came in smaller but not around here.  We're sort of the lost (or better yet) the forgotten Coast of California. I'm hoping to find a place back in Oregon but then again, I've got some roots here now that may be hard to pull up.  I was such a gypsy most of my life, loved moving on.

Also found a compounding pharmacy south of me by about 2.5 hours, not to bad, maybe they'd mail it but pretty sure my Medicare/Medicaid won't cover it. 

I feel more steady every day so I think I will be aok with dry-cutting.  I'll be here though when it gets real teenie, to figure out "WHAT NOW"  :laugh:  I can't even see it, is it there, wheres that magnifying glass when I need it, and then, a Microscope  :o:laugh:

• Replies 12.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [ga...]

• [...]

• [bu...]

• [Ul...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey All, did any of you try the Daily micro taper?  That's the one I got hooked on first (idea-wise) because it made sense to me that the taper was so small, and I was gonna go .03% every day.  I liked what I heard from some dude with a video of him showing how he did it w/water, and I read in another article about a teenie bit each day sort of "tricks" your body, like it hardly notices the decrease of the drug.  That's how I understood it but realize I can easily misunderstand some of the info I've seen or heard ;)

But you say most people are having a hard time so they have to hold, which I totally believe that, but that would make that dudes "theory" sort of, well, bologna. Maybe I saved the article, let me look!

Ok, this is just one example of what I read, I know it's not written in stone and I don't really believe much til I try it myself, which was the plan.  Here's the link, and 2nd paragraph down titled "Which is the Smoothest Ride".  Anyone truly try this out and have it work well?  Thanks much for any feedback ;) Denise

https://withdrawal.theinnercompass.org/taper/discussion-comparing-pros-and-cons-daily-microtapering-and-cut-and-hold-schedules

You have been amazing! I spend too much time on Benzo Warriors as well. I try not to go there too often, but there I am. I’ve probably seen your posts or comments and not known it was you! It happens when one is feeling paralyzed. There’s a new FB group David Powers started called Life After Benzos. It’s not heavily symptom focused, which is refreshing.

Personally, I hope to help people someday, but after a while, I never want to hear the word withdrawal or benzodiazepine ever, ever again. You’re just lovely to pop in and help.

So long, and thanks for all the fish!

:smitten:

I'm sure I've run into many people on BWC that are on here too and I just don't know it. I also can't wait to forget about all this and only think about it when I choose. I may check out Powers' group. I heard he was starting something else after closing his original FB group awhile back.

I appreciate knowing I have some options, whatever fits me best for ease of use and I'm thinking the my little file and scale will definitely be first on my list of options. If I keep feeling as good as I do, I may try my next cut just after my doc appt. on the 9th.  I'm so glad to hear you will still be around, but even the last 2 days I am feeling like getting out and doing things I love, plus it way more like Spring finally! I so love the seasons.

I never asked how you are feel Hereforhelp?  Just the thought of going on into more quality of life,  without draggin that ball & chain around, just keeps me going, and keeps me going  :thumbsup::smitten:

Options are good. Keep them open. I still have my daily symptoms, but many of my symptoms disappeared as I went down. A few stuck around. The chemical anxiety completely disappeared months ago, the sleep really improved after a few months of tapering, and the anhedonia vanished gradually over time. Those things were huge. Now I just contend with a floaty/fuzzy/sedated head, occasional GI stuff, head pressure/pain, and chest and throat pressure (like I'm being squeezed like a tube of toothpaste). I've been getting some decent windows over the last five or so days, though, so I'm encouraged about jumping Friday.

You have been amazing! I spend too much time on Benzo Warriors as well. I try not to go there too often, but there I am. I’ve probably seen your posts or comments and not known it was you! It happens when one is feeling paralyzed. There’s a new FB group David Powers started called Life After Benzos. It’s not heavily symptom focused, which is refreshing.

Personally, I hope to help people someday, but after a while, I never want to hear the word withdrawal or benzodiazepine ever, ever again. You’re just lovely to pop in and help.

So long, and thanks for all the fish!

:smitten:

I'm sure I've run into many people on BWC that are on here too and I just don't know it. I also can't wait to forget about all this and only think about it when I choose. I may check out Powers' group. I heard he was starting something else after closing his original FB group awhile back.

I appreciate knowing I have some options, whatever fits me best for ease of use and I'm thinking the my little file and scale will definitely be first on my list of options. If I keep feeling as good as I do, I may try my next cut just after my doc appt. on the 9th.  I'm so glad to hear you will still be around, but even the last 2 days I am feeling like getting out and doing things I love, plus it way more like Spring finally! I so love the seasons.

I never asked how you are feel Hereforhelp?  Just the thought of going on into more quality of life,  without draggin that ball & chain around, just keeps me going, and keeps me going  :thumbsup::smitten:

Options are good. Keep them open. I still have my daily symptoms, but many of my symptoms disappeared as I went down. A few stuck around. The chemical anxiety completely disappeared months ago, the sleep really improved after a few months of tapering, and the anhedonia vanished gradually over time. Those things were huge. Now I just contend with a floaty/fuzzy/sedated head, occasional GI stuff, head pressure/pain, and chest and throat pressure (like I'm being squeezed like a tube of toothpaste). I've been getting some decent windows over the last five or so days, though, so I'm encouraged about jumping Friday.

I hear similar from others so I'm as prepared as I can be not to get too much into expectations.  The main thing is, the sxs many of us have while taking the stupid (or are they created by genius  ::) ) benzos are far scarier to me right now.  I don't know how much I might be kicking and screaming when I hit the post-taper effects.

I had a real window and felt I was young again, lol, sort of over-did my day, got too tired and had insomnia a bit lastnight ;)  live and learn hey :smitten::thumbsup:

While you're maybe here today hfh, like to ask you if you've ever heard of negative effects coming from people who started out with too large a taper, and decide to start a plan at a micro-taper?  I know since I am feeling ok, nothing I can't handle pretty easily, on the 11.2% cut from 1 mg K/C, that starting my plan at just 3 % might be too small.  Bottom line, I don't want to lose any progress, but I sure don't think I should try cutting 11.2 % cut on a micro-taper "daily" by the way (shooting for that anyway).  This quote just makes sense to me, especially the 3rd paragraph/sentence makes so much sense to me hfh, what do you think?

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=135284.msg1809511#msg1809511

This quote just makes sense to me, especially the 3rd paragraph/sentence makes so much sense to me hfh, what do you think?

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=135284.msg1809511#msg1809511

I have done both cut and hold and micro tapering. Both have their pro's and cons. If you do cut and hold and your cuts are small enough you are not "sending your body into shock every two weeks". There's no shock effect if your percentage is what your body can manage. I personally think the only way to find out which percentage cuts your body can comfortably handle is cut and hold. With DMT it's extremely difficult to determine when your percentages are getting too much for you. DMT becomes much easier to manage once you know what percentage you can taper at.

Please disregard, my question, I make no sense, I'll come back if and when I do.

Ok Jellybaby,

that makes a lot of sense when you put it that way.  I think I need to take my .888 and subtract 0.03 from that and the calculator says that equals .858.  Does that sound right to you.  I'm so sorry, people are surely getting frustrated with me not being able to handle the numbers and I got too much help I think because people calculate differently sometimes.  I just need simple as it can get, and all I need is that first correct number so I can just keep calculating the same way all the way down the worksheet.

That's another thing as I am able to make my own worksheet, and do the formulas, but this taporing numbers is driving me crazy  :'(

Ok Jellybaby,

that makes a lot of sense when you put it that way.  I think I need to take my .888 and subtract 0.03 from that and the calculator says that equals .858.  Does that sound right to you. 

I don't know. It depends on what you're trying to do. I was just answering your question on the difference between cut and hold and DMT. I have no idea how you're tapering.

Oh this brings back such stressful memories.  Ieventuall stayed with cut and hold.  Thank God.

Wow, all I have to do is never give up on reading, doing a search on BB, and if I don't get it, keep reading, or if my brain won't absorb it at the time, go back and read it another time, but bookmark it ;) !  I found a post today from 2019 that helped me solve my issue in DMT, which was mainly weighing my tablets and getting as close to the taper I want just using this method.  I don't know how it will be on smaller amounts, but I found 2 links I'll put below to help folks, I so hope they will help them as they did me.  I've always been a stickler for detail, detail oriented.  It served me well over the years until I just ended up with benzo-brain.  But I have a few marbles left and I "get things" if I will persist in studying, and "doing" searches for information.

So the first link is excellent help for those dry-cutting tapers using scales like mine, less expensive:

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=233546.0 Thank to Pamster

The second Post I came upon helped me to understand the benefit of putting 10 tablets on scale first, then getting an average weight.  Especially when I was beating my head against the wall wondering what weight to start from etc.:

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=233546.0 "Thank to Wavesontheshore

This has worked very well on my Perphin cheaper scale.

I really don't know how I am surviving these crazy ups and downs, but I guess I feel safest with other's that know my drug, so here I am again.

Would you believe after almost 2 months I finally figured out that the cut I wanted is actually 0.3 % of my 1 mg C tablet, not 3 % :'(  The part of my brain that works numbers, or used to, is shot.  Not to mention actually reading what someone sends to me (replies here, etc.) and even typing out what I want to say.  I admit I feel very scared this a.m. as it's so frustrating.  I pray (and I don't pray very often) that I really will heal, at least to some extent.

I do have the scale figured out thanks to the links in my previous post, I can only hope as I want to make that first cut since my "too big" a cut before I got to BB.  I think I'm as stable as I'm going to get.  I'm also looking to see if there is a psychiatrist in my area that know even a little about benzos and micro-tapering, please God let there be.  I'm scared to tell my MD as he unknowingly weaned me much too fast 2 years ago and I had some sort of seizure, they never found any stroke evidence, or anything else in the tests.  We have lousy, or just lack of medical care here.  They don't call it the Lost Coast for nothing.

So anyone willing to chime in that might relate to something I've said, I would love to hear from you as I am feeling much too alone today.  Not cutting today, took my 3/4 tablet which is about .89  % of 1 mg C.  I do hope others are doing well today, I need encouragement that I can do well too, Denise :idiot::smitten:

Is anyone else perfect on your daily cuts, if you are doing daily cuts, or have done it that way?  I feel like this is the best way for me to start out because I can updose or mostly just hold to check wd sxs.

Today I was to do .151 on my scale weight of dose, read the wrong entry, and ended up with .154 of my tablet, 3 points heavier but was nervous about trying to be exact.  I just took the dose and made the note beside today's dose. So took same dose as yesterday.

Does this happen to anyone else, basically being a few points off, but still have your taper do well?  I have a feeling I know the answer but would like some encouraging feedback from others.  I'm also doing my doses first thing in the a.m. about the same time, give or take a few minutes but feel I need that good habit.

I do imagine it gets better with the routine of doing it each day.  God knows I need the practice.  No weird side-effect from first cut yesterday.  I also have to shave from .169 (average weight of pill) so that makes a bigger cut/shave so I did sort of a hybrid taper.  First I cut a bit off then if too heavy a dose, I shave a teeny bit more.

I so hope this makes sense to someone but I feel so good about finally figuring the taper that works for me, even with a 27.00 scale.  Also, anyone interested, I can help a little if you are in the same dilemma while trying to start your taper.  I have some links that helped me, am, again, trying the Daily Micro-taper Method starting with just the 1%, which I know you can change the number easily if you want to stay between, say, 5%- and !0% which may suit you better ;)

Denise, sending love, encouragement, and hugs to each of my fellow travelers on the journey to freedom :smitten:  :thumbsup::hug:

• 3 weeks later...

Posting here if this is helpful….

I have talked with Total Town pharmacist Justin and had a 20min convo. They work with many patients and have done compounds for Ativan, Klonopin, Librium, and Xanax. They haven’t done any for Valium thus far…

-they are PCAB accredited which is highest and most reputable you can get, only 2% are in the US.

-they also are PCCA which sources pure ingredients from manufacturers instead of crushing pills to make their formulations….. which can have variations regarding dose amounts given filler and binders are included in pill format. My compounder in Arlington Pharmacy Solutions is also the same, sources pure K powder and doesn’t crush the pills giving a more exact amount of the specific benzo dose needed.

-they can get as low as .005mg capsule increments for Ativan and Librium

-they can get as low as .001mg capsule increments for Klonopin and Xanax

Many with the Ativan, K and Xanax prescriptions will have Dr write out prescription filling it with .1mg capsules, .05mg capsules and .005 or .001mg capsules enabling the person to make the reductions they need as such to get say to the .005mg or the .001mg reduction.

Wanted to pass this along bc I know it’s a struggle finding people who understand and can get small reductions as many of us need and most Drs don’t even know compounding options are out there for psychotropic meds. These guys are willing to talk to your pharmacist you find in your state if they need some help understanding.

If you have a prescriber in NY….

Total Town Compounding - Justin ( pharmacist)

Syosset NY

516-249-7436

If you have a prescriber in TX

Pharmacy Solutions- Nick (pharmacist I use)

Arlington TX

817-274-0050

• Popular Now

• [...]
    • [...]