Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Daily Micro-Tapering Support Group

[sh...]

Last week I posted about possibly increasing my taper rate.That was a big mistake. Two nights ago I got the horrendous stomach cramps, which is my sign of tapering too fast. I haven’t had this symptom since I started the taper. That pain scared me into tapering extremely slow the last THREE years. This indicates to me that the danger zone of .040 is real. I immediately updosed. If I keep below the .040 daily taper rate, it will take years to finish this up. Any words of support would be appreciated.

I don't understand your rate.  Please clarify. If you're doing 0.04mg/day, then you'll be done pretty quickly, like in less than 2 months.  That seems like a pretty fast rate so maybe I'm misunderstanding your actual rate.  But in any case, you have to do what you have to do. You go by your body and do what it needs you to do.

Sorry you had to updose, but hope it allows you to enjoy your time away.

• Replies 12.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [ga...]

• [...]

• [bu...]

• [Ul...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Libr

I was tapering at .0080 daily . The percentage rate, of course increases, as we go lower. Throughout the taper I tried to not exceed .32% per day. When I got in trouble,close to three years ago ,I jumped from .025 to .040% with horrendous results. As  A result, I am always adjusting the ML’s.(liquid) To reflect the percentage that I thought was safe. I am going to California in 10 days and had tried to get to my goal of 2 mg by today. As a result,my continual tapering at the same rate resulted in a daily percentage rate of .040.  I have been so careful in the last three years that I have not ever pushed until the last several weeks. That’s when I posted last week about possibly increasing the rate not thinking I am susceptible to symptoms. On Friday,I started to feel withdrawal symptoms including severe stomach cramps. I immediately updosed a small crumb. Since that time I have updosed daily back up to 2.2. I’ve had a lot of disappointments, but this setback has hurt me emotionally a lot. If I keep lengthening the taper time to stay out of the danger zone, I wont finish for years more. Discouraged!!

Oh now I understand. So sorry abt being discouraged- I totally understand!

I also did 0.008 mg V/ day equiv from 5.4 mg V down to 0.5mg V. I never calculated %. After 0.5mg, I slowed to 0.0065mg/day which is what I’m still doing.  What if you just stick to a daily rate in mg and slow if sxs get worse?  Of course you know what’s best. But you’re right- if you follow strict % everyday all the way down, you’ll never reach the end. Some buddies have proposed a hybrid system for figuring a rate. Maybe search for the work hybrid and see if it comes up. There were spreadsheets for it. Oh and you know not to set strict goals about reaching any Amt by any date- that’s when we get into trouble!

I think a daily rate is the way to go. Pick a rate faster than what you would do based on percentage but one you can likely maintain daily. You can always hold a day or several days if you get too symptomatic. You don’t want to rush your taper but you don’t want to drag it out forever. The percentage cuts don’t make sense after a while. For example, your last dose is always 100% cut. I also liked with the daily rate I could chart out my jump date pretty easily although it continued to change but there was something reassuring and hopeful about that. Hope this is useful.

A hybrid system is partly based on percent and partly linear. The relative weight of each can be adjusted based on what you think is best. Badsocref used to talk abt it. I think he posted a spreadsheet too. Just type the word “hybrid” into the search and you’ll find it.

I am about to start a taper and see that Sharkey did something I am thinking of doing, which is make a big cut to start, from .25 to .125 Klonopin, then start 2 ml taper from there. I know it's different for everyone, bu wondering how bad it is likely to be with the big cut. and if it's worth the pain. I don't want to drag to taper out forever and am in such misery at .25 I am willing to feel some pain to get on with it. thanks for comments...

I am about to start a taper and see that Sharkey did something I am thinking of doing, which is make a big cut to start, from .25 to .125 Klonopin, then start 2 ml taper from there. I know it's different for everyone, bu wondering how bad it is likely to be with the big cut. and if it's worth the pain. I don't want to drag to taper out forever and am in such misery at .25 I am willing to feel some pain to get on with it. thanks for comments...

Day , no one can really answer that, everyone reacts so differently.  You might find it tolerable, you might find it very difficult.  One thing it might give you is an idea of how fast or slow the rest of the taper needs to be.  Gaining information is always valuable.  :)

I agree with Mary, Day2day. No way of knowing how you’ll react. You may have minimal symptoms or only a few days worth.  It doesn’t hurt to try and you can always updose a bit if your symptoms aren’t tolerable. Let your body tell you how to move forward.

Hi,

Still needing math help for the dry cutting of pills

My total pill weight is 224 on the scale. That's a .5mg pill and a little extra of another. 5mg pill  totaling 0.561mgs.  My doses are divided into three.

Pill weight

34 9am

44 3pm

146 9:30pm

Total 224 pill weight

I want to make a 2.5%  reduction over the next 3 weeks, due to sensitivity. 

A 2.5% of 224 equals 218 pill weight. 

So how would daily or every other cuts work?  Should I be cutting one of doses daily, holding a couple of days and then cutting from another dose?  It seems like if I cut daily I would be getting to 218 pretty quickly.  I'm terrible with math so I probably have this all wrong.

Any help would be so appreciated. 

Final healing

Keep us posted Day2day..sending good thoughts your way.

MW

Started my daily or symtom based dry micro taper two days ago. 

So far I am okay but have noticed more anxiety in the morning.  Inhave had that throughout other medication tapers so I know its going to be part of this journey. 

I am planning for a 4% a month taper to start due to sensitivity but will gauge if I can go faster or slower as I go along. 

Hi,

Still needing math help for the dry cutting of pills

My total pill weight is 224 on the scale. That's a .5mg pill and a little extra of another. 5mg pill  totaling 0.561mgs.  My doses are divided into three.

Pill weight

34 9am

44 3pm

146 9:30pm

Total 224 pill weight

I want to make a 2.5%  reduction over the next 3 weeks, due to sensitivity. 

A 2.5% of 224 equals 218 pill weight. 

So how would daily or every other cuts work?  Should I be cutting one of doses daily, holding a couple of days and then cutting from another dose?  It seems like if I cut daily I would be getting to 218 pretty quickly.  I'm terrible with math so I probably have this all wrong.

Any help would be so appreciated. 

Final healing

FH--You could cut .001 off the pill every third day or so, that would get you to where you want to be in three weeks. I hope this works for you!

Thanks NJS.

I decided to see if I could do a little larger taper this month, 4% instead of 2.5%  I've done 3 .001 cuts  and now am going to hold.

I wanted to see if I can figure out a pattern to work with. 3 cuts may be too much and I think I may end up doing 2 cuts and a hold pattern over the next month.  I feel pretty anxious this morning. 

Hi,

For those doing dry or liquid micro tapers do you find your taper days are up and down?

I'm dry cutting and have done four, .001 cuts since July 31st.  I seem to be generally blah, which I expect but I can feel worse.

I do feel better at night but I seem to have alternating days of feeling very discouraged and depressed and then feeling blah.  I worry that I am doing something wrong when I hit that depression and fear.  It also very much correlates to my sleep, which happens every other night.

Jusr looking for support and perspective. 

Are others riding the taper rollercoaster?

Thanks.

FH.

Hi,

For those doing dry or liquid micro tapers do you find your taper days are up and down?

I'm dry cutting and have done four, .001 cuts since July 31st.  I seem to be generally blah, which I expect but I can feel worse.

I do feel better at night but I seem to have alternating days of feeling very discouraged and depressed and then feeling blah.  I worry that I am doing something wrong when I hit that depression and fear.  It also very much correlates to my sleep, which happens every other night.

Thanks.

FH.

for me, yes up and down...it follows a pattern  tho, which i find comforting. it's the chaotic sxs that don't follow a "linear pattern" of healing that upset me. can't predict or control those. but the sxs like the toxic morning hangovers that last til about noon or a little later, and the daily tinnitus and the sxs that come immediately with a cut like ramped up anxiety and feeling a bit manic and/or depresed for a few days...those i can handle alright. not great feeling but i can manage those witout feeling like ending it all or that this is too difficult for me to navigate. i feel better in evenings too. only thing tho is sunshine on my skin for an hour does pull me out of the mornign toxic hangovers. it's the magic bullet that i found works for myself so far...scared about what's gonna happen when october comes though...sigh. another bridge that i don't have to cross tjust yet!

Yes, its the non linear part of all this.

In my previous tapers, I did cut and hold and had a pattern I would follow.  I was able to taper 10% a month.  Now that I've been pollydrugged,y nervous system cant handle that amount.

I'm trying the daily micro taper to see if its gentler on my nervous system.  So far, not so much but I dont lnow if anything will.help at this point. 

Yes, its the non linear part of all this.

In my previous tapers, I did cut and hold and had a pattern I would follow.  I was able to taper 10% a month.  Now that I've been pollydrugged,y nervous system cant handle that amount.

I'm trying the daily micro taper to see if its gentler on my nervous system.  So far, not so much but I dont lnow if anything will.help at this point.

im so sorry FH, polydrugged over 21 years here too. i feel you. if it weren't for those sdang chaotic sxs, we'd be doin alright yeah? hey i think we're doin alright in spite of it all. we're here, we're eating and typing and trying to express our feelings instead of killing the neighbors and family at dinner.  :thumbsup: we're pretty frikkin awesome.  considering.

Hi,

Thanks.

FH.

I'm doing DLMT taper and yes there is up and down each day.  Toxic mornings with racing thoughts in bed, then a mix of anxiety and depression/feeling of doom till noon.  Seems to get worse at a half hour before the next dose.  Things get pretty good in the afternoon and evening and I sleep pretty good.  I'm currently very sensitive to stress and anything that stresses my body.  Overall I feel good, but there is a constant feeling that my system is in a delicate balance, so I've become on a very strict regimen of what I do each day, when I take the doses, what and when I eat, etc.  It's really maddening when I think about what these drugs force me to do but I am doing what I need to be comfortable and get off this stuff. 

Hang in there everyone, we are gradually, slowly heading in the right direction.

I too am eating well taking my doses at the same time and praying every day and night. 

I dont know if I should consider a hold or continue forward?.

I too am eating well taking my doses at the same time and praying every day and night. 

I dont know if I should consider a hold or continue forward?.

Hi FH,

I forgot to mention prayers, an important part of the process for us!  It seems like you’ve been changing things quite a bit lately like compounding then not, then microtaper.  It might make sense to just hold everything stable for awhile.  I’ve found healing takes longer than you think so it is good to allow adequate time with stable doses before you might see improvement; it takes patience. When things seem better you could then begin a very slow taper.  That’s just my thought, but you need to decide based on how you feel.

Hope things go well for you!

Thank you for your response.  I do pray so much and many times a day.

Fear is my biggest stumbling block along with the trauma of what happened to me in November 2018.  I lost many things all at once and my busy thriving life came to a halt.  2 months earlier my husband had surgery and a month before that I lost my dog unexpectedly. 

I will hold and pray I feel a difference.  The lack if purpose and focus in my life weighs on me. It runs parallel to this taper sonmundays are long and without direction.

I appreciate all the support I am getting here.

FH