Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Daily Micro-Tapering Support Group

[sh...]

I know I'm not the one you asked the question to, but I sure can relate to the benzo belly thing. What a mess! I've had all kinds of benzo GI challenges. It's crazy stuff, but I've learned to just accept it as a part of the process and then move on in a positive way if at all possible. I was chasing doctors and tests forever, but it all lightened up when I chilled and accepted, but do the best you can if you're having trouble. I ate really light, learned what foods created more belly trouble than others, farted a lot, massaged the stomach, and did what it took to relax (stick my feet in the sand at the beach, nature, etc.). The journey DOES end! We'll get there.

Bless ya!

Jeff

lmao! "farted a  lot" ... Jeff thank you for the advice to chill and accept...and to fart a lot! you're so funny, it is nice to have some levity when things seem really heavy!

• Replies 12.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [ga...]

• [...]

• [bu...]

• [Ul...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello everyone,

I dropped out of site again after I resumed my taper. I'm happy to report that my physical symptoms have been diminishing and I started back at the gym 2 mos ago. It was extremely difficult but has gotten easier. Not the best though. Everything is still dependent on how my sleep is.

My sleep is slowly improving but is still a crapshoot. My energy/stamina is coming back too.

I just want to tell everyone to please hang tight a remain hopeful. I have been where you are and felt so hopeless at times. Stay the course, go slow and don't focus on your end date.

Peace  :smitten:

Hi Peace! Glad you’re doing better! Hang in there it gets easier and easier.  :smitten:

Thank you Mountaintop!  :smitten:

Did you have benzo belly and if so, did yours go away?

I know I'm not the one you asked the question to, but I sure can relate to the benzo belly thing. What a mess! I've had all kinds of benzo GI challenges. It's crazy stuff, but I've learned to just accept it as a part of the process and then move on in a positive way if at all possible. I was chasing doctors and tests forever, but it all lightened up when I chilled and accepted, but do the best you can if you're having trouble. I ate really light, learned what foods created more belly trouble than others, farted a lot, massaged the stomach, and did what it took to relax (stick my feet in the sand at the beach, nature, etc.). The journey DOES end! We'll get there.

Bless ya!

Jeff

Thanks Jeff and lol to the farting! It's hard to find the humor in all this sometimes and thank God I live alone at the moment.

Peace  :laugh:

• 3 weeks later...

click on the image to make it bigger:

0wXTuPL.jpg

well darn it , i had to put everything on HOLD again so i could re-switcheroo the dosing times for clonazepam...was getting tummy pains and waking up earlier and earlier to stare at the clock before time for my morning dose...and finally realized i was in Interdose Wthdrawals.. AGAIN. so i decided to fix that first before continiuing on DLMT.

so i have started the process of switching my doses around. this time it'll be taken evenly every 8 hours apart. before i was taking it at 8 am, 2pm and 8pm. i took a doubled dose in the evening, but it was wearing off before the moring dose cause i was going 12 hours from evening dose until morning dose...so no wonder. anyways, now i'm moving that 2pm dose over to 4pm and the 8pm dose over to midnite, but this time i'm going slower than the last switcheroos. last time i moved the doses by one hour each day. this time i'm moving them by 1/2 an hour each day.

once everything is in the right spots i'm gona hold til the beginning of november to see if my interdose wd's have resolved. if not, then i'll try moving them again to 4x daily dosing, but i really want to avoid that cause i'm trying to stay in bed 8 hours, and if i dose every 6 hours then i'll have to wake up to get my liquid dose from the fridge every night. hopefully it won't come to that!

the other possibility is my interdose wd's are from the seroquel. but i don't think so. i don't have to go as long between doses at night on seroquel, since i already take it 8 hours apart, evenly.

ah the many splendid wonders of tapering!

• 4 weeks later...

I was around when this group began in the very beginning. Such an awesome group of people and now it's gone! Anyway, I hope everyone is doing well and benzo-free!!!

Jeff

P.S. Gardie, I love you!!!

At 2 mg I developed tolerance withdrawal while on a 2 month hold. The symptoms were crushing fatigue flu like symptoms that has lasted for two months. My world stopped. I thought I had Epstein Barr. I just realized yesterday when I got completely sick that the symptoms could be related to withdrawal. I took 1 mg Valium and the fatigue went away. So now I’m going to updose. yesterday I took an extra 1 mg today .75 and I will keep the Taper at .5+ the regular 2 mg,How long should I expect this fatigue to last until the body resumes the normal functioning? I did not have the fatigue before.

At 2 mg I developed tolerance withdrawal while on a 2 month hold. The symptoms were crushing fatigue flu like symptoms that has lasted for two months. My world stopped. I thought I had Epstein Barr. I just realized yesterday when I got completely sick that the symptoms could be related to withdrawal. I took 1 mg Valium and the fatigue went away. So now I’m going to updose. yesterday I took an extra 1 mg today .75 and I will keep the Taper at .5+ the regular 2 mg,How long should I expect this fatigue to last until the body resumes the normal functioning? I did not have the fatigue before.

I'm sorry, there is just no way to answer that, everyone reacts differently.  It could happen quickly for you or take some time.  I wish I had a better answer for you.  💜

I wrote two days ago that after holding at two MGs I went into tolerance withdrawal. didn’t discover it until two months in thinking it was the flu or Epstein bar. When I felt like I was going to have a seizure i realized it’s the taper and I took 1 mg and immediately felt better yesterday I took .75 extra today I am going to take .5 extra plus my regular 2 mg and stay if that dose until I stabilize. I hope I didn’t mess myself up by taking the extra 1 mg Sunday, Monday extra .75 and today staying at 2.5 for 2 weeks. Will the extra Valium these 2 days cause more issues? I am feeling better but have been so traumatized by this, I’m fearing every move I make,

I wrote two days ago that after holding at two MGs I went into tolerance withdrawal. didn’t discover it until two months in thinking it was the flu or Epstein bar. When I felt like I was going to have a seizure i realized it’s the taper and I took 1 mg and immediately felt better yesterday I took .75 extra today I am going to take .5 extra plus my regular 2 mg and stay if that dose until I stabilize. I hope I didn’t mess myself up by taking the extra 1 mg Sunday, Monday extra .75 and today staying at 2.5 for 2 weeks. Will the extra Valium these 2 days cause more issues? I am feeling better but have been so traumatized by this, I’m fearing every move I make,

Mag, this is a small, not very active thread. You would be better off starting a new topic on the Withdrawal Support Board. Many, many more people would see it. Maybe some who can relate to your situation.

• 1 month later...

GARDENER!!!  Can't call you my Librium sister anymore....CONGRATULATIONS on jumping.  So you caught up to me and went way past me...lol.  I haven't been on here in ages...I wanted to see how you were doing. You were so helpful to me 2 years ago..I guess it was.  Still on 5 mgs of Librium over here...still too scared to get off something that works for me.

Just wanted to say hi and Wowza!  You did it!  Wishing you the best of luck with your Gabapentin taper.  Rock on!  How did you feel when you jumped.  I know Librium has that super long half life.

Love,

Lib18

GARDENER!!!  Can't call you my Librium sister anymore....CONGRATULATIONS on jumping.  So you caught up to me and went way past me...lol.  I haven't been on here in ages...I wanted to see how you were doing. You were so helpful to me 2 years ago..I guess it was.  Still on 5 mgs of Librium over here...still too scared to get off something that works for me.

Just wanted to say hi and Wowza!  You did it!  Wishing you the best of luck with your Gabapentin taper.  Rock on!  How did you feel when you jumped.  I know Librium has that super long half life.

Love,

Lib18

Lib! Good to hear from you. :smitten: I hope you're still doing OK with the Librium. I didn't feel any different when I jumped. Not worse. Not better. Then I slowly got better. After a few months, I decided I was well enough to reduce my gabapentin, so I'm doing that now. If you want more details, I have a p-log that has a link in my signature. 

Gardie :smitten:

Well I will definitely read it!  And it's good to hear you had some improvement and didn't get worse...that's awesome!

I'm doing okay...these BioIdentical hormones are difficult to manage.  I crash on them daily and it's like withdrawing from meds I swear.  I have to have them tho.  I hear of so many women not handling hormones during tapering so since I need them so bad ( I don't function without them), I guess I'm stuck on my Librium.  I just pray I never hit bad tolerance.  21 years on that stuff...can't even imagine getting off it and enjoying the rest of my 50's. 

I just have to applaud all who can get off this stuff...true Warriors!!  I'm apparently not one! 

Blessings to you my friend!  I'll never forget how helpful you were to me...never! 

Well I will definitely read it!  And it's good to hear you had some improvement and didn't get worse...that's awesome!

I'm doing okay...these BioIdentical hormones are difficult to manage.  I crash on them daily and it's like withdrawing from meds I swear.  I have to have them tho.  I hear of so many women not handling hormones during tapering so since I need them so bad ( I don't function without them), I guess I'm stuck on my Librium.  I just pray I never hit bad tolerance.  21 years on that stuff...can't even imagine getting off it and enjoying the rest of my 50's. 

I just have to applaud all who can get off this stuff...true Warriors!!  I'm apparently not one! 

Blessings to you my friend!  I'll never forget how helpful you were to me...never!

Aww, thanks. :hug: But don't say you're not a warrior! You have a different battle you are fighting now. You need to do what is best for you.

5mg is a very low dose. You can deal with that down the road if you need to. One day at a time. :smitten:

Aww, thanks. :hug: But don't say you're not a warrior! You have a different battle you are fighting now. You need to do what is best for you.

5mg is a very low dose. You can deal with that down the road if you need to. One day at a time. :smitten:

Merry New Year, the Gardie-Meister!!!

Jeff

Merry New Year, the Gardie-Meister!!!

Jeff

Merry New Year to you, too, Mr. Jeff! :smitten:

• 1 month later...

Can anyone tell me the following:

If a phenobarbitol pill weighs 116 GRAMS and equals to 16.25 MILLIGRAMS

Can anyone tell me the conversion of 112 GRAMS to MILLIGRAMS?

Thank you so much for Reading

When you wrote 116 GRAMS, I think you forgot the decimal place. Did you actually mean to write 0.116?

Please confirm.

Once we get that figured out I can help you with the conversion math.

That's one heckuva lot of grams!! Bob7 will be able to answer it whatever it is :)

Jeff

Oh sorry guys....yes i believe it is 0.116 ?

My brother does it for me, but im pretty certain thats Where the decimal point is

Thank you so much!

OK so here's the deal. 

Your pill weighs 0.116 grams but there is only 16.25 milligrams of medication in the pill.  NOTE 16.25 milligrams is 0.01625 grams of medication.  The rest of the weight (0.09975 grams) is taken up by filler.

Does that all make sense?

No I don't think that's quite right. You're not splitting your pills yet are you?

I am happy to help you with math.

If you weigh an entire pill and it weighs 0.116 g then you eat that pill that means you are getting 16.25 mg of drug.

Do you want me to show you how to compute different amounts of drug based on cutting the pill?

If my pill weighs about 0.201g and containing 0.5mgs of Clon and I am cutting 0.002 every day or two how much actual drug am I cutting in each 0.002 cut?

I am holding after 5 days of those cuts.

If my pill weighs about 0.201g and containing 0.5mgs of Clon and I am cutting 0.002 every day or two how much actual drug am I cutting in each 0.002 cut?

I am holding after 5 days of those cuts.

You are reducing 0.005 mg of the drug with each cut.