Daily Micro-Tapering Support Group

[sh...]

Yes, to lengthen the days, go every other day, then it would take twice as long.

Cutting 0.001 instead of 0.002 would also double the time but it is hard to keep the scale stable enough to see 0.001 change.

I do not think a four digit scale will be stable at the fourth digit, but if you have the money, try it and let us all know.

• Replies 12.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [ga...]

• [...]

• [bu...]

• [Ul...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you Bob for all your help.  My doses are 1,1,2, so I have to cut the 2 mg in half. In the prior post, did you say this is not possible because the pill would be to light? If I can, what would the similar equation be for a 1 mg. Diazepams lowest pill is 2 mg,

Thank you Bob for all your help.  My doses are 1,1,2, so I have to cut the 2 mg in half. In the prior post, did you say this is not possible because the pill would be to light? If I can, what would the similar equation be for a 1 mg. Diazepams lowest pill is 2 mg,

It will not matter if you start with a full pill or 1/2 a pill.

The slowest you can reduce with a scale which measures with 3 digits after the decimal point is 0.001 grams.

I suggest you only try to reduce 0.002 grams or 0.005 grams because these scales fluctuate on the smallest digit.

So just pick any of your pills or 1/2 a pill and each day,  remove a little (like 0.002) each day.

Last question.  So this means the 1/2 pill or 1 mg can be reduced at the slowest 87 days?

For 1/2 a pill you'll have to reduce at 0.001 g a day in order to maintain the 87 day timeline

Correct.  If you want to do a daily reduction you cannot go any slower than 0.001 g per day reduction using your scale.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Wondering if you could check my work please...

I am transitioning from dry taper to DLMT due to low dosages of Ativan.

My tablet is 0.5mg and I dose once/day. My start dose is 0.15mg (computer said 0.1491mg)

I dissolved 0.5mg in 1mL 80 proof vodka. I did 1mL b/c my tablet is 0.5mg. I would have done 2mL if my tablet was 1mg. CORRECT???

I used the computer program and I am using 50mL total (so 1mL of vodka/benzo and 49 of water, CORRECT?).

It looks like I will take 14.91mL tomorrow to start. Just CONFIRMING?

THANK YOU!

Hi,

Wondering if you could check my work please...

I am transitioning from dry taper to DLMT due to low dosages of Ativan.

My tablet is 0.5mg and I dose once/day. My start dose is 0.15mg (computer said 0.1491mg)

I dissolved 0.5mg in 1mL 80 proof vodka. I did 1mL b/c my tablet is 0.5mg. I would have done 2mL if my tablet was 1mg. CORRECT???

I used the computer program and I am using 50mL total (so 1mL of vodka/benzo and 49 of water, CORRECT?).

It looks like I will take 14.91mL tomorrow to start. Just CONFIRMING?

THANK YOU!

I am not sure which computer program you are using but I can check your math using a different method to give you confidence.

Here is the equation:

your dose = (how much you drink in mL)*(pill strength in mg)/(mL of Vodka+mL of water)

for your case,

your dose = (14.91mL)*(.5mg)/(1mL+49mL) = 0.1491 mg of drug

As for how much vodka to use if had a 1mg tablet, I would still use the smallest amount of vodka (1mL) if the pill breaks down ok.  However, if you do use one mg tablet and must increase your vodka to 2 mL, then just add 48 mL instead of 49 mL of water.

Bob

So, if someone (like me) has gone through a cold turkey benzo withdrawal and my skin looks like Shane's does that mean that it will likely always look that way?  See below please.

SG,

is the 75 months you've been going through this partly your taper as well? i am now 55 months and still struggling although having improvements but like you very slow. have you seen this documentary of Shane Kelly interviewing Heather Ashton? it's one of the best things i've seen about these benzo's ever so far.

I did see that documentary. A lot of time with Ashton and Lader.

i meant to say Shane Kenny. actually in looking at his face and skin, it looks as though he went through a benzo withdrawal. i can tell. for some reason i thought you had tapered for 13 months? my mother tapered over 2 years and she does have some symptoms but minimal and nothing compared to me.

Yes, I tapered for 30 months and am now 45 months free. I have been symptomatic since I began.

I did see that documentary. A lot of time with Ashton and Lader.

i meant to say Shane Kenny. actually in looking at his face and skin, it looks as though he went through a benzo withdrawal. i can tell. for some reason i thought you had tapered for 13 months? my mother tapered over 2 years and she does have some symptoms but minimal and nothing compared to me.

goforit, The post you quoted is over 3 years old. Those members are no longer active on benzobuddies.

This is the daily micro-tapering support group. There is a whole board devoted to Cold Turkey. You can find it here:

Cold Turkey, Rapid Detox

Just click on New Topic on the upper right.

To my precious friends and darling Gard,  wanted to check back in as it has been quite a while since I posted anything.

May I begin with encouraging all of you who are persevering & enduring with your daily micro taper. There will be those moments when you feel as though you are not making progress, please hear me when I say..... You are making progress even when you feel as though your in the throes of the worst of symptoms. With each reduction no matter how small, progress is happening and healing is ongoing. For those who find they are holding their taper for a bit, healing is happening and your brain is taking advantage of this time to catch up to the tiniest of reductions and yes, healing is happening.

To those who feel as though, this will never end and that healing is so far from happening, hang in there, healing is happening. It is the great lie of the Benzo that keeps us feeling as though this will never end and we will never get past this moment.  My dear friends, you will over come this and get on with life. This adventure may never be forgotten, but you will arise a stronger person who has a new perspective of living. Never doubt you can do this. Never doubt you are alone, we are in this together and helping each other make it to the other side of benzo life. AND boy howdy is it worth it!    :smitten:

To my precious friends and darling Gard,  wanted to check back in as it has been quite a while since I posted anything.

May I begin with encouraging all of you who are persevering & enduring with your daily micro taper. There will be those moments when you feel as though you are not making progress, please hear me when I say..... You are making progress even when you feel as though your in the throes of the worst of symptoms. With each reduction no matter how small, progress is happening and healing is ongoing. For those who find they are holding their taper for a bit, healing is happening and your brain is taking advantage of this time to catch up to the tiniest of reductions and yes, healing is happening.

To those who feel as though, this will never end and that healing is so far from happening, hang in there, healing is happening. It is the great lie of the Benzo that keeps us feeling as though this will never end and we will never get past this moment.  My dear friends, you will over come this and get on with life. This adventure may never be forgotten, but you will arise a stronger person who has a new perspective of living. Never doubt you can do this. Never doubt you are alone, we are in this together and helping each other make it to the other side of benzo life. AND boy howdy is it worth it!    :smitten:

Thank you Kasey  :hug: I really appreciate you coming back to spread some hope for the rest of us here in the trenches. I really needed to see this . Thank you again :hug:

Love Nova xxx  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Kasey, Thank you for sharing these wonderful words of wisdom! You always have just the right thing to say. I see from your signature that you are doing well. I'm so happy for you! I have been off since August. The other day my son told me I seemed like my pre-benzo self. I'm not 100%, still tapering 2 drugs, but I do feel like I have my brain back.

I thought I would never do it, but I did it. To those still tapering, you will do it, too and it will be worth it! :smitten:

Kasey, Thank you for sharing these wonderful words of wisdom! You always have just the right thing to say. I see from your signature that you are doing well. I'm so happy for you! I have been off since August. The other day my son told me I seemed like my pre-benzo self. I'm not 100%, still tapering 2 drugs, but I do feel like I have my brain back.

I thought I would never do it, but I did it. To those still tapering, you will do it, too and it will be worth it! :smitten:

Gard-Meister, you're a rock! And you rock! Hey, I see you've only got 14,418 posts. Slackin'?? :)

Bless you, my sweet!

Jeff

Gard-Meister, you're a rock! And you rock! Hey, I see you've only got 14,418 posts. Slackin'?? :)

Bless you, my sweet!

Jeff

You are too funny, Mr. 720 posts! :smitten:

Thanks for the sweet reply's...... so fun to see some of my buddies that have been in the trenches with me for years. Jeff, great to see you too! :smitten:

Thanks for the sweet reply's...... so fun to see some of my buddies that have been in the trenches with me for years. Jeff, great to see you too! :smitten:

You too, Miss Kasey! Congrats on your progress. One of these days I, and many others, will join you at the finish line. Hugs to you!

Jeff

Even me, who has been at this for over 5 years?  And making reductions so small that it will be at least another 15 months before my taper is over?  I’m feeling so crest fallen and exhausted body, mind, and spirit. It’s getting harder for me as I get lower, and harder to feel like this is ever going to get better. I don’t know if I’ll ever see the end of this  :'(. Your words give me hope, and then my heart sinks feeling like I’m just completely stuck.

Even me, who has been at this for over 5 years?  And making reductions so small that it will be at least another 15 months before my taper is over?  I’m feeling so crest fallen and exhausted body, mind, and spirit. It’s getting harder for me as I get lower, and harder to feel like this is ever going to get better. I don’t know if I’ll ever see the end of this  :'(. Your words give me hope, and then my heart sinks feeling like I’m just completely stuck.

Just FYI, I responded to your post on the "3, 2, 1 Under 3mg Valium" thread...

• 2 weeks later...

Hi I was referred here for help with micro tapering sorry for so much information below but I was hoping for some help on what you all think of how fast I should taper and if the video link I posted is ok to do I need something simple to follow and my husband will not buy me a scale and I cannot get a liquid. I'm on clonazepam.

Most recent history but have been on clonazepam regularly everyday for over 1.5 years was up to 3mg/3 x day for awhile

Escitalopram 20mg Started on Dec.5, 2019 Taper: Feb. 16 - 20, 2020 15mg. Feb. 21 - 26, 2020 10mg. Feb. 27 - Mar. 2, 20202 5mg. Mar. 3 Stopped 0mg.

Trazodone 100mg Started on Jan. 14, 2020 100mg. Taper: Feb. 4 - Feb. 14, 2020 75mg. Feb. 14 - Mar. 6, 2020 50mg. (Then paused Feb.16 -Mar.3 for Escitalopram taper) Tapered again: Mar. 6 - Mar. 25, 2020 25mg. Mar. 25 to Apr.6, 2020 12.5mg. Apr. 7, 2020 Stopped 0mg.

Lyrica 100mg Started on Dec. 29, 2019 100mg. Taper: Jan. 24 - Jan.27, 2020 50mg, Jan. 28, 2020 Stopped 0mg. (only 4 day taper) DID NOT THINK ABOUT IT BUT THIS TOOK PLACE OF 3MG/DAILY OF CLONAZEPAM WHEN LYRICA WAS GIVEN PSYCHIATRIST TOOK ME OFF THE 3MG CLONAZEPAM. When he took me off with only a 4 day taper I started suffering horrendously.

I did not know I was suffering from Clonazepam withdrawals at the time and doctor prescribed me clonazepam to again to go through the withdrawals and I after April 14 got back to taking .75mg clonazepam a day. Then in May my withdrawals from the med tapers stopped improving but started to get worse again with each day that has passed and someone in a forum told me they thought I clonazepam tolerance and that I was withdrawing overtop of already withdrawing from clonazepam. I take a .25mg morning then in the evening take .5mg tablet. So this last week I cut my evening dose to taking 3/4 of the .5mg tablet and morning still the .25mg. But these last 7 days are like it was in the beginning of my withdrawals I cannot handle the suffering muscle pain, head pain so bad my eyes are blurry the stiffness in my arms and legs numbness burning all over. It is going back to the beginning of my withdrawals. I only have the .5mg tablets to work with my husband wont help me do water titration says liquid is too expensive. I need help so bad. I need to survive this for my son. My doctor told me and my sisters .75mg clonazepam is small to just stop taking it they believe him my husband thinks it is small. No one believes I am already in withdrawals. My husband gets angry if I say anything about my pain. I am so sick from the last 6 months I am bedridden. All I have is these .5mg tablets to work with and cannot handle the suffering I had thought I would reduce by 1/4 of a .5mg tablet every 2 weeks but this I am suffering too badly I cannot be in this shape for 12 weeks, everyone is wanting to put my on an antidepressant again, they don't believe me they think everything is anxiety and that the antidepressant will help my sisters want to put me in psych ward. How should I get off this clonazepam my husband wont help and buy a scale and help do the water tirtration way I dont know how and am in too bad of shape to figure it out by myself. I only have these .5mg tablets to work with . I was getting better with my withdrawals on slightly if I stay at the .75mg a day clonazepam I was at my withdrawals continue to get worse again for some reason must be the clonazepam not working. I'm stuck. I feel like I am back to square one how I first felt when my too quick tapers finished. Since no one believes in withdrawals my husband does not believe. No doctor believes. Since I have been on regularly now .75mg approx. 3 months is it better to just get off quickly and try to suffer through the horrific maybe deadly withdrawals I have just went through again or go slow but I cannot get my dose low enough. Please help me! I am suffering horribly such inhumane pain for the last 6 months and now it is back. If I could only have continued to improve like I started to in May for a few weeks I would be able to make it through. I don't know how to get out of this on my own. I am desparate for help. Everyday is another day of suffering my head is so clogged and burning and such a high migraine and the tinnitus that mentally I am having a harder time reaching out for help as each day goes on.

I watched this video of water titration

I need something really mentally simple and with not much for tools I cannot get a scale of anything like that. This video sounds ok but would that be ok to put .75mg clonazepam into 300ml of water and do it daily that is 300 days. That seems like a longtime for the condition I am in being so bad. I need to get my withdrawals under control and heading back into the healing or getting better direction soon. I am tempted to start taking Lyrica again to see if it brings me back to functioning and stops my withdrawals but hten again I am terrified on Lyrica and did not like how I was on it but I'm almost on my deathbed right now except no one knows or believes what is happening to me they think I am just mentally ill and needing to go on an antidepressant. Everyone is so frustrated with me because they think I am just making this all up and that I am believing everything I read on the internet and they believe an antidepressant will take away my pain and they do not understand why I don't want to take another one again or medications it is because the medications hurt me in the first place.

I am tapering from .75mg of clonazepam

The video is

This video looks like something I could manage. What do you all think?

I was told to mix with alcohol

The alcohol can be any strong alcohol (vodka, gin, rum, whiskey, cognac, Everclear).  It needs to be at least 40% alcohol.  You're just going to crush your pill a bit and mix it with 2-4 ml of alcohol.  Mix it really good.  Take your time.  The drug will go into solution, but the starch fillers may not.  That's OK.  Then you combine the pill/alcohol mixture with some water.  You can use 300 ml if you want.

So it is ok to drink alcohol with the clonazepam it is safe?

When I make the mixture how long does it last and should I refrigerate it?

I can make enough for the day at the same time right?

In my situation do you think if I used 200ml water that would be ok and if I take out 1ml each day and discard it then divide up my dose into 2 or 3 doses per day my taper would be approximately 6 months from .75mg of clonazepam does that sound right?

Do you think that would be too fast?

Hi hopefloats,

First, a bit of kind advice.

Most people on this website are also struggling with Benzo recovery.  As such, it is hard to read long posts.  You will get better help if you can keep your posts shorter.

All that said, I have some input for you.

I have always liked the video your referenced.  I have follow that lady on her benzo journey and I think she is a smart person.

With respect to alcohol, everyone is different, so why risk it if you do not need to.

Hence, start with the video (which uses only water).  If it works, great, keep it up.  If not, we can talk about alcohol methods.

Bob