Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Daily Micro-Tapering Support Group

[sh...]

Hi hope and healing,

I sm taking 1 mg k once a day. Maybe i could break it in half

That doesnt sound to hard. Just have to figure out jpw much to take off the dose and when. Do you take your dose in liwuis form now. Does it work better. Thank.u so much for replying. :smitten:

• Replies 12.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [ga...]

• [...]

• [bu...]

• [Ul...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi D,

I wouldn’t break it in half if I were you unless it is scored, but even if it’s 1mg you can still dissolve the whole pill in your desired amount of liquid and reduce from that. Liquid is more accurate than dry cutting because the active ingredients are not evenly distributed throughout the pill so if you cut it in half one half might have more active ingredients than the other half.

If you want to dose twice a day, you can for instance dissolve the whole 1mg klonopin in 80mL of milk and then split that into two 40mL doses, from which you can taper at whatever rate you decide is best for you.

I am currently taking .84mg a day, I reduce 1/10 of a mL or 2/10 of a mL per dose every day as often as I can tolerate it with frequent holds.

• 2 weeks later...

bump

hope, this thread is not very active any more. If you have a question about daily micro tapering, try starting a new topic on the main Titration Board.

Titration Board

It bums me out that this page fizzled out. It was so awesome and supportive when we were all together and getting it done with Sharkey in the beginning, huh Gardster? Anyway, my best to you!!

Jeff

bump

hope, this thread is not very active any more. If you have a question about daily micro tapering, try starting a new topic on the main Titration Board.

Titration Board

It bums me out that this page fizzled out. It was so awesome and supportive when we were all together and getting it done with Sharkey in the beginning, huh Gardster? Anyway, my best to you!!

Jeff

Yes, those were good times (except for my being a total mess on Xanax). When we lost Sharkey and SG and Anne it started to fizzle. But I think daily micro-tapering is so common now, maybe people don't feel like we need a separate support group for it any more. Builder is over on the titration board doing calculations for people who need help with micro-tapering, so people are posting there.

I had to go to the ER for some heart related issues. I was having some AFib episodes.  They had to give me 1mg of Ativan to ensure it was my heart, by getting it to slow down (I was very anxious).  I’ve been tapering at 5% a month from 20mg now down to 11.1325mg of VALIUM a day.  Will the 1mg of Ativan set me back a lot?  I didn’t want it, but he said he had to get me calm and I couldn’t do it myself.  Just wondering if I should go back up a little to even it out, stay my course or what.  I know Ativan leaves your body quicker, but I essentially took 2x my daily dose of benzos because of it.  Please help!  Just left the hospital and headed home.  Thanks!  I just don’t want to find myself in benzo hell in a day or two, if I can help it.  I’m okay DLMT slow so I can function. Just not sure what this is going to do....

Hello everyone,

I dropped out of site again after I resumed my taper. I'm happy to report that my physical symptoms have been diminishing and I started back at the gym 2 mos ago. It was extremely difficult but has gotten easier. Not the best though. Everything is still dependent on how my sleep is.

My sleep is slowly improving but is still a crapshoot. My energy/stamina is coming back too.

I just want to tell everyone to please hang tight a remain hopeful. I have been where you are and felt so hopeless at times. Stay the course, go slow and don't focus on your end date.

Peace  :smitten:

Hello everyone,

I dropped out of site again after I resumed my taper. I'm happy to report that my physical symptoms have been diminishing and I started back at the gym 2 mos ago. It was extremely difficult but has gotten easier. Not the best though. Everything is still dependent on how my sleep is.

My sleep is slowly improving but is still a crapshoot. My energy/stamina is coming back too.

I just want to tell everyone to please hang tight a remain hopeful. I have been where you are and felt so hopeless at times. Stay the course, go slow and don't focus on your end date.

Yep, sleep can be a driving force. I haven't had legitimate sleep since the beginning of my taper (4+ years). Gotta keep the hope up though!! Hang in there!

Jeff

today was SUPPOSED to be my day to start my clon DLMT...

BUT

last night i had a CNS upset and decided to wait a few days to make sure i'm stable before starting. ugh.

but maybe that's for the best, today i got my kelp and my celeryseed extract in the mail, also my refills on my allicin max. so i can see if i have any reactions to the kelp or celery seed before i start my clon taper. easier to see if i do have any sxs, that it's the supp's and not the taper!

just wanted to give an update.

well i'm beginning my clonazepam DLMT on monday so i hope the group survives and revives!  :thumbsup:

Ditto! I'm going to try DMLT .......again  ::)

Nova xxx :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Thought this would be helpful here

Nova xxx :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

author=Diaz-Pam link=topic=97511.msg1248599#msg1248599 date=1387677205]

For quite a while I’ve had the daily tapering method that I use in my progress log, with a link to it in my signature. I know that a number of people have found it helpful, and that’s been fantastic. However, I don’t want to take all the credit for it. It was Fliprain who taught me the basics of this method and I’ve just expanded on it with the liquid valium. So, I’m just “paying it forward”.

Anyway, I’ve realised that the problem with having it in my progress log is that if anyone has a question, they can’t post it directly onto the thread because no one can post a reply on a progress log. Instead they would have to PM me. So to solve that problem I am creating a new thread here, so if anyone has a question they can ask directly on this thread.

Firstly, there are no right or wrong methods of tapering, provided it is a sensible tapering method (I saw one posted recently that was just plain crazy…). They all get you to the same end result of zero, but it just depends on the method that you find the easiest to manage, and the one that gives you as few symptoms as possible.

I know how overwhelming daily tapering can seem when you are new to it, so I have tried to set this out as simply as possible, showing how to make up a basic 1mg:100ml mixture.  I know how complicated it can sound when you are starting out, but it really is easy once you start doing it. I’ve never come across anyone who hasn’t been able to work out how to do a daily taper.

Just take one step at a time. Try not to over-think it. Sometimes it helps to just start out by making up your liquid mixture but not reduce anything for a while, just to get used to doing that part of the process, until you feel more confident with what you are doing.

Cutting Tablets: I will start by saying that this method will require the cutting of 2mg tablets in halves. While there are some people who will say this is not advisable, there are just as many people who will say it doesn’t matter because of the extended half-life of valium. The only proviso is that the cut halves should be used as consecutive doses, so any inconsistencies will even out over a day or two. 

I personally cut my tablets all the way from 5mg down to 1mg and I never had any problems, but I'm not everyone. So, if cutting your tablets is a concern for you I have explained how you can avoid doing that later in this post. Also, some brands of valium tablets are larger than others, so if you plan on cutting your tablets make sure the brand you use is one that is already scored in the middle. Some brands are quite small and are not scored (eg Apo) and these are not recommended for cutting. The brand I used was Antenex which I found to be very good for cutting.

Ratios of Mixture: There are other ratios that can be used other than the 1:100 ratio that I use (eg 1:10), but I prefer this ratio because you are using more liquid, making the measuring of doses much easier to see. Also, because the solution is less concentrated, I think any minor inconsistencies in the doses aren’t going to be a problem. However, this is an individual choice and you may prefer to modify this method to a different ratio, and that’s fine.

EQUIPMENT REQUIRED

Nothing fancy is needed. You just need a 1ml and a 10ml syringe and 2-3 glass jars with lids that hold at least 100ml. Smaller glass jars with a wider top are best because it makes it easier to fit the 10ml syringe in (good types to use are baby food jars, jam/jelly jars etc). That's all the equipment you will need. I also prefer to make up a couple of batches at a time, so I always have one ready to use. You don't need a special 100ml graduated cylinder or a mortor and pestle. I think a lot of methods get far too complicated with the equipment that's required. KISS (Keep it Simple – Sweetie...lol...). 

Just a tip - to stop the numbers from wearing off the syringes, you can put some clear tape over the numbers. However, I find that after a while the rubber on the plunger starts to wear out anyway, so that's when you need to toss it.

MAKING UP THE LIQUID SOLUTION

I will start by explaining how to make up the 1:100ml solution, and then below is the tapering schedule. To measure the 100ml just use the 10ml syringe x 10 fills. Something that I found made life a bit easier is that my kitchen scales would measure in mls (it’s the same as grams). So all I had to do was put my valium in the jar and then slowly pour in the water/milk until it reached 100ml (I would use my 10ml syringe for the final few mls just so it didn’t go over the 100ml). I tested the scale’s accuracy numerous times with my 10ml syringe and it was very accurate. However, if this method makes you a bit nervous, just stick with using the 10ml syringe, but the kitchen scale can help you keep track of how many fills you have made.

(a) If you are using valium tablets only

Add 1mg valium tablet to 100ml full fat milk and allow to dissolve. The fat helps to keep the valium suspended, but when drawing out the required dose, make sure you keep it mixed well by doing a backwards and forwards swishing movement. A lot of people avoid stirring and shaking, as stirring can create a vortex, and shaking can cause bubbles and can leave particles stuck to the side of the jar.

If you are unable to use cow's milk, people have had success with other types of milk like almond, soy etc. The main thing is to make sure the fat content is similar to the fat content of whole milk.

(b) If you are using liquid valium (1mg=1ml ratio / 10mg=10ml ratio) + tablets

Add 1ml of liquid Valium to 99ml of water (this makes a total of 100ml).

© If you are using liquid valium (2mg=5ml ratio) + tablets

When the liquid ratio is 2mg=5ml, that means that 1mg = 2.5ml. So add 2.5ml of liquid valium to 97.5ml of water (this makes a total of 100ml).

REDUCTION METHOD

This has now converted your 1mg of valium (liquid or tablet) into a 100ml liquid mixture, which can be reduced over a period of time, hopefully giving you a slow and smooth taper with few side effects.

The next step is to work out how you want to reduce the 1mg. This can be worked out on a percentage basis or as the number of days you want to take to reduce this amount. My preference is the number of days, because I’m not much good at working out percentages ..lol…

Below are the number of mls you would need to reduce each day to achieve the required number of (approx) days shown. Of course most people will be taking more than a 1mg dose, so you would take your additional dose in tablet form (ie if your dose is 6mg, you would use the 100ml mixture for 1mg and take an additional 5mg in tablet form).

Reduce 100ml by 10ml per day = 10 days to reduce 1mg

Reduce 100ml by 9.5ml per day = 11 days to reduce 1mg

Reduce 100ml by 9ml per day = 11 days to reduce 1mg

Reduce 100ml by 8.5ml per day = 12 days to reduce 1mg

Reduce 100ml by 8ml per day = 12 days to reduce 1mg

Reduce 100ml by 7.5ml per day = 13 days to reduce 1mg

Reduce 100ml by 7ml per day = 14 days to reduce 1mg

Reduce 100ml by 6.5ml per day = 15 days to reduce 1mg

Reduce 100ml by 6ml per day = 16 days to reduce 1mg

Reduce 100ml by 5.5ml per day = 18 days to reduce 1mg

Reduce 100ml by 5ml per day = 20 days to reduce 1mg

Reduce 100ml by 4.5ml per day = 22 days to reduce 1mg

Reduce 100ml by 4ml per day = 25 days to reduce 1mg

Reduce 100ml by 3.5ml per day = 28 days to reduce 1mg

Reduce 100ml by 3ml per day = 33 days to reduce 1mg

Reduce 100ml by 2.5ml per day = 40 days to reduce 1mg

Reduce 100ml by 2ml per day = 50 days to reduce 1mg

Reduce 100ml by 1.5ml per day = 66 days to reduce 1mg

Reduce 100ml by 1ml per day = 100 days to reduce 1mg

So, using the red highlighted amount as an example, this would be your dosing schedule (+ you would also need to take whatever amount you needed to take in tablet form to make up your full dose).

Day 1 – Drink the 100ml solution

Day 2 – Make a new solution and drink 98ml (you can either discard the rest or use it to make up part of your next day’s dose)

Day 3 – Make a new solution and drink 96ml (discard or use remainder the next day)

Day 4 – Make a new solution and drink 94ml (discard or use remainder the next day)

Day 5 – Make a new solution and drink 92ml (discard or use remainder the next day)

Day 6 – Make a new solution and drink 90ml (discard or use remainder the next day)

etc …….. until you reach zero. Then you would start the process again, but reduce the amount of tablets you are taking by 1mg, because you have now reduced your dose by 1mg.

To ensure you have gotten every part of your dose, especially if you are using milk, after drinking your dose you can add some water to the glass, swish around and drink the water.

This method can be used for a once a day dosing, or multiple daily dosing. For multiple daily dosing, just divide your doses as normal, and then choose which of your doses you will reduce. You may prefer to just reduce (eg) your morning dose to zero first, and then reduce your other doses later. Or you may decide to alternate the reductions to cover all your doses at the same time. I'm not sure what is the best way to go, because I am a once a day doser, so I would prefer not to give any advice on that subject.

Also, make sure you keep a journal of each day's dose and maybe a note of how you are feeling. My recommendation with any daily taper is that you start with a lower daily reduction amount than you think you need because it is much easier to increase your taper rather than suffer side effects and have to hold and decrease. Everyone will react differently to the half-life of valium, so it may take up to 2 weeks before you will know how well you are doing with the taper amount you have chosen. So keeping a note of daily symptoms will help you keep a track of how everything is going, so you can make any necessary adjustments.

IF YOU PREFER TO AVOID CUTTING TABLETS

Using this method, it will be inevitable that at some point you are going to have to cut your tablets, but if you would like to try to avoid doing that as much as possible, you can make up a larger mixture by using a 2:200 ratio. All you will need to do is double the amounts shown above (ie 2mg tablet with 200ml of milk). This will simply double the amount of liquid you have, but you will still reduce by the same quantities shown above.

SOME TIPS I’VE PICKED UP ALONG THE WAY

(a) Potency of Sol(ution: I have read some speculation over a period of time that when a mixture is made using valium and water or valium and milk it may lose its potency over a period of time.  I don’t know if there is any scientific proof of this, but after experiencing an issue which made me think this could be true, I now only make enough to last no more than 5 days just to be on the safe side.

If you are getting to a point in your taper where the 100ml solution is lasting a lot longer than about 5 days, you could either just throw away any remaining mixture, or try making up a smaller proportioned batch (eg 0.5ml liquid valium with 50ml water or 0.2ml liquid valium with 20ml water).

(b) Changing from tablets to liquid (or vice versa): If you do a switch from using a combination of tablets and liquid to all liquid, or even if you switch to different brands of tablets or liquid, it might be helpful to hold your dose for a while, or even do a small updose, just to make sure things go smoothly with the transition.

© Slow is Good: The biggest lesson I have learned, and I can’t emphasise this enough, is do not think that tapering faster will get you off the benzo quicker and therefore you will get better faster. YOU WON’T. You can not fool your body, and your body will always have the last word. Try to taper faster and your body will just say “NO YOU DON’T. I’M IN CHARGE”, and you’ll take a hit. I’ve seen it happen time and time again.

The way I see it, we all have a predetermined amount of time for healing, and therefore we only have two choices to make. We can either go fast to get the actual taper over and done with, but probably suffer the entire time we are tapering and also continue to suffer for an undetermined amount of time afterwards until we heal. Or we can go slow, taper at a rate that our bodies find acceptable, thereby giving us either no or manageable symptoms and allowing us to live a relatively normal life. Then when we finally step off at the end we are almost healed, or for some people fully healed.

Even going too fast with a daily taper will almost always have the paradoxical effect of actually making your taper time slower. That has happened to me a few times. I’ve increased my daily taper, ignored the signs that things weren’t right, and then I’ve been hit and had to hold my dose until things got better. This has meant that the entire amount of time taken has been longer than if I’d just stuck with the lower daily taper in the first place. It’s false economy, or in the words of Lewis Carroll “The hurrier I go, the behinder I get”.

I have battled with my impatience my entire taper until I finally took a major hit at the 1mg mark. That was the point where I finally slapped myself and said “ENOUGH”. This final leg of my taper is being done slowly and carefully and (touch wood) I am currently symptom free. That makes me certain that when my taper is finally finished I will be as close to fully healed as possible.

Good Luck!!!  If you have any questions just ask.

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=97511.0

well i'm beginning my clonazepam DLMT on monday so i hope the group survives and revives!  :thumbsup:

hey Nova  :)

you'll get it this time! i hope we both do!

Thought this would be helpful here

Nova xxx :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

author=Diaz-Pam link=topic=97511.msg1248599#msg1248599 date=1387677205]

For quite a while I’ve had the daily tapering method that I use in my progress log, with a link to it in my signature. I know that a number of people have found it helpful, and that’s been fantastic. However, I don’t want to take all the credit for it. It was Fliprain who taught me the basics of this method and I’ve just expanded on it with the liquid valium. So, I’m just “paying it forward”.

Anyway, I’ve realised that the problem with having it in my progress log is that if anyone has a question, they can’t post it directly onto the thread because no one can post a reply on a progress log. Instead they would have to PM me. So to solve that problem I am creating a new thread here, so if anyone has a question they can ask directly on this thread.

Firstly, there are no right or wrong methods of tapering, provided it is a sensible tapering method (I saw one posted recently that was just plain crazy…). They all get you to the same end result of zero, but it just depends on the method that you find the easiest to manage, and the one that gives you as few symptoms as possible.

I know how overwhelming daily tapering can seem when you are new to it, so I have tried to set this out as simply as possible, showing how to make up a basic 1mg:100ml mixture.  I know how complicated it can sound when you are starting out, but it really is easy once you start doing it. I’ve never come across anyone who hasn’t been able to work out how to do a daily taper.

Just take one step at a time. Try not to over-think it. Sometimes it helps to just start out by making up your liquid mixture but not reduce anything for a while, just to get used to doing that part of the process, until you feel more confident with what you are doing.

Cutting Tablets: I will start by saying that this method will require the cutting of 2mg tablets in halves. While there are some people who will say this is not advisable, there are just as many people who will say it doesn’t matter because of the extended half-life of valium. The only proviso is that the cut halves should be used as consecutive doses, so any inconsistencies will even out over a day or two. 

I personally cut my tablets all the way from 5mg down to 1mg and I never had any problems, but I'm not everyone. So, if cutting your tablets is a concern for you I have explained how you can avoid doing that later in this post. Also, some brands of valium tablets are larger than others, so if you plan on cutting your tablets make sure the brand you use is one that is already scored in the middle. Some brands are quite small and are not scored (eg Apo) and these are not recommended for cutting. The brand I used was Antenex which I found to be very good for cutting.

Ratios of Mixture: There are other ratios that can be used other than the 1:100 ratio that I use (eg 1:10), but I prefer this ratio because you are using more liquid, making the measuring of doses much easier to see. Also, because the solution is less concentrated, I think any minor inconsistencies in the doses aren’t going to be a problem. However, this is an individual choice and you may prefer to modify this method to a different ratio, and that’s fine.

EQUIPMENT REQUIRED

Nothing fancy is needed. You just need a 1ml and a 10ml syringe and 2-3 glass jars with lids that hold at least 100ml. Smaller glass jars with a wider top are best because it makes it easier to fit the 10ml syringe in (good types to use are baby food jars, jam/jelly jars etc). That's all the equipment you will need. I also prefer to make up a couple of batches at a time, so I always have one ready to use. You don't need a special 100ml graduated cylinder or a mortor and pestle. I think a lot of methods get far too complicated with the equipment that's required. KISS (Keep it Simple – Sweetie...lol...). 

Just a tip - to stop the numbers from wearing off the syringes, you can put some clear tape over the numbers. However, I find that after a while the rubber on the plunger starts to wear out anyway, so that's when you need to toss it.

MAKING UP THE LIQUID SOLUTION

I will start by explaining how to make up the 1:100ml solution, and then below is the tapering schedule. To measure the 100ml just use the 10ml syringe x 10 fills. Something that I found made life a bit easier is that my kitchen scales would measure in mls (it’s the same as grams). So all I had to do was put my valium in the jar and then slowly pour in the water/milk until it reached 100ml (I would use my 10ml syringe for the final few mls just so it didn’t go over the 100ml). I tested the scale’s accuracy numerous times with my 10ml syringe and it was very accurate. However, if this method makes you a bit nervous, just stick with using the 10ml syringe, but the kitchen scale can help you keep track of how many fills you have made.

(a) If you are using valium tablets only

Add 1mg valium tablet to 100ml full fat milk and allow to dissolve. The fat helps to keep the valium suspended, but when drawing out the required dose, make sure you keep it mixed well by doing a backwards and forwards swishing movement. A lot of people avoid stirring and shaking, as stirring can create a vortex, and shaking can cause bubbles and can leave particles stuck to the side of the jar.

If you are unable to use cow's milk, people have had success with other types of milk like almond, soy etc. The main thing is to make sure the fat content is similar to the fat content of whole milk.

(b) If you are using liquid valium (1mg=1ml ratio / 10mg=10ml ratio) + tablets

Add 1ml of liquid Valium to 99ml of water (this makes a total of 100ml).

© If you are using liquid valium (2mg=5ml ratio) + tablets

When the liquid ratio is 2mg=5ml, that means that 1mg = 2.5ml. So add 2.5ml of liquid valium to 97.5ml of water (this makes a total of 100ml).

REDUCTION METHOD

This has now converted your 1mg of valium (liquid or tablet) into a 100ml liquid mixture, which can be reduced over a period of time, hopefully giving you a slow and smooth taper with few side effects.

The next step is to work out how you want to reduce the 1mg. This can be worked out on a percentage basis or as the number of days you want to take to reduce this amount. My preference is the number of days, because I’m not much good at working out percentages ..lol…

Below are the number of mls you would need to reduce each day to achieve the required number of (approx) days shown. Of course most people will be taking more than a 1mg dose, so you would take your additional dose in tablet form (ie if your dose is 6mg, you would use the 100ml mixture for 1mg and take an additional 5mg in tablet form).

Reduce 100ml by 10ml per day = 10 days to reduce 1mg

Reduce 100ml by 9.5ml per day = 11 days to reduce 1mg

Reduce 100ml by 9ml per day = 11 days to reduce 1mg

Reduce 100ml by 8.5ml per day = 12 days to reduce 1mg

Reduce 100ml by 8ml per day = 12 days to reduce 1mg

Reduce 100ml by 7.5ml per day = 13 days to reduce 1mg

Reduce 100ml by 7ml per day = 14 days to reduce 1mg

Reduce 100ml by 6.5ml per day = 15 days to reduce 1mg

Reduce 100ml by 6ml per day = 16 days to reduce 1mg

Reduce 100ml by 5.5ml per day = 18 days to reduce 1mg

Reduce 100ml by 5ml per day = 20 days to reduce 1mg

Reduce 100ml by 4.5ml per day = 22 days to reduce 1mg

Reduce 100ml by 4ml per day = 25 days to reduce 1mg

Reduce 100ml by 3.5ml per day = 28 days to reduce 1mg

Reduce 100ml by 3ml per day = 33 days to reduce 1mg

Reduce 100ml by 2.5ml per day = 40 days to reduce 1mg

Reduce 100ml by 2ml per day = 50 days to reduce 1mg

Reduce 100ml by 1.5ml per day = 66 days to reduce 1mg

Reduce 100ml by 1ml per day = 100 days to reduce 1mg

So, using the red highlighted amount as an example, this would be your dosing schedule (+ you would also need to take whatever amount you needed to take in tablet form to make up your full dose).

Day 1 – Drink the 100ml solution

Day 2 – Make a new solution and drink 98ml (you can either discard the rest or use it to make up part of your next day’s dose)

Day 3 – Make a new solution and drink 96ml (discard or use remainder the next day)

Day 4 – Make a new solution and drink 94ml (discard or use remainder the next day)

Day 5 – Make a new solution and drink 92ml (discard or use remainder the next day)

Day 6 – Make a new solution and drink 90ml (discard or use remainder the next day)

etc …….. until you reach zero. Then you would start the process again, but reduce the amount of tablets you are taking by 1mg, because you have now reduced your dose by 1mg.

To ensure you have gotten every part of your dose, especially if you are using milk, after drinking your dose you can add some water to the glass, swish around and drink the water.

This method can be used for a once a day dosing, or multiple daily dosing. For multiple daily dosing, just divide your doses as normal, and then choose which of your doses you will reduce. You may prefer to just reduce (eg) your morning dose to zero first, and then reduce your other doses later. Or you may decide to alternate the reductions to cover all your doses at the same time. I'm not sure what is the best way to go, because I am a once a day doser, so I would prefer not to give any advice on that subject.

Also, make sure you keep a journal of each day's dose and maybe a note of how you are feeling. My recommendation with any daily taper is that you start with a lower daily reduction amount than you think you need because it is much easier to increase your taper rather than suffer side effects and have to hold and decrease. Everyone will react differently to the half-life of valium, so it may take up to 2 weeks before you will know how well you are doing with the taper amount you have chosen. So keeping a note of daily symptoms will help you keep a track of how everything is going, so you can make any necessary adjustments.

IF YOU PREFER TO AVOID CUTTING TABLETS

Using this method, it will be inevitable that at some point you are going to have to cut your tablets, but if you would like to try to avoid doing that as much as possible, you can make up a larger mixture by using a 2:200 ratio. All you will need to do is double the amounts shown above (ie 2mg tablet with 200ml of milk). This will simply double the amount of liquid you have, but you will still reduce by the same quantities shown above.

SOME TIPS I’VE PICKED UP ALONG THE WAY

(a) Potency of Sol(ution: I have read some speculation over a period of time that when a mixture is made using valium and water or valium and milk it may lose its potency over a period of time.  I don’t know if there is any scientific proof of this, but after experiencing an issue which made me think this could be true, I now only make enough to last no more than 5 days just to be on the safe side.

If you are getting to a point in your taper where the 100ml solution is lasting a lot longer than about 5 days, you could either just throw away any remaining mixture, or try making up a smaller proportioned batch (eg 0.5ml liquid valium with 50ml water or 0.2ml liquid valium with 20ml water).

(b) Changing from tablets to liquid (or vice versa): If you do a switch from using a combination of tablets and liquid to all liquid, or even if you switch to different brands of tablets or liquid, it might be helpful to hold your dose for a while, or even do a small updose, just to make sure things go smoothly with the transition.

© Slow is Good: The biggest lesson I have learned, and I can’t emphasise this enough, is do not think that tapering faster will get you off the benzo quicker and therefore you will get better faster. YOU WON’T. You can not fool your body, and your body will always have the last word. Try to taper faster and your body will just say “NO YOU DON’T. I’M IN CHARGE”, and you’ll take a hit. I’ve seen it happen time and time again.

The way I see it, we all have a predetermined amount of time for healing, and therefore we only have two choices to make. We can either go fast to get the actual taper over and done with, but probably suffer the entire time we are tapering and also continue to suffer for an undetermined amount of time afterwards until we heal. Or we can go slow, taper at a rate that our bodies find acceptable, thereby giving us either no or manageable symptoms and allowing us to live a relatively normal life. Then when we finally step off at the end we are almost healed, or for some people fully healed.

Even going too fast with a daily taper will almost always have the paradoxical effect of actually making your taper time slower. That has happened to me a few times. I’ve increased my daily taper, ignored the signs that things weren’t right, and then I’ve been hit and had to hold my dose until things got better. This has meant that the entire amount of time taken has been longer than if I’d just stuck with the lower daily taper in the first place. It’s false economy, or in the words of Lewis Carroll “The hurrier I go, the behinder I get”.

I have battled with my impatience my entire taper until I finally took a major hit at the 1mg mark. That was the point where I finally slapped myself and said “ENOUGH”. This final leg of my taper is being done slowly and carefully and (touch wood) I am currently symptom free. That makes me certain that when my taper is finally finished I will be as close to fully healed as possible.

Good Luck!!!  If you have any questions just ask.

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=97511.0

wow this is very good, thank you for reposting it here!

i'm going to repost it to my buddie blog as well, in case i want to refer to it later or to give to others in the future.

Hello everyone,

Yep, sleep can be a driving force. I haven't had legitimate sleep since the beginning of my taper (4+ years). Gotta keep the hope up though!! Hang in there!

Jeff

Thank you Jeff  ;)

Peace

hey Nova  :)

you'll get it this time! i hope we both do!

Hi ND  :hug: I'm praying we both do , along with others that are suffering too .

Nova xxx  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Hi all  :thumbsup: Fingers, toes, eye's and rude bits crossed  :D My Friend is picking up my Diazepam liquid for me this as I'm house bound and spend more time in bed suffering than anyone wants too :( I tried liquid tapering  micro tapering a few year's ago with a home made vodka and water job for 17months but it was hell most of the time as is cut an hold  Anyway I am going to try a tiny dose ( 1/4 of an mg ) first as I'm seriously sensitive to everything, and praying that  this prescription liquid this is going to be OK for me 🙏  And I'm also s**t scared of the additives in the liquid doing a number on me as well after a few bad experiences  :-\

Hi all  :thumbsup: Fingers, toes, eye's and rude bits crossed  :D My Friend is picking up my Diazepam liquid for me this as I'm house bound and spend more time in bed suffering than anyone wants too :( I tried liquid tapering  micro tapering a few year's ago with a home made vodka and water job for 17months but it was hell most of the time as is cut an hold  Anyway I am going to try a tiny dose ( 1/4 of an mg ) first as I'm seriously sensitive to everything, and praying that  this prescription liquid this is going to be OK for me 🙏  And I'm also s**t scared of the additives in the liquid doing a number on me as well after a few bad experiences  :-\

good luck NOVA! keep us update ok?

ps

i didn't react to the alcohol as a solvent in my original DLMT solution for clonazepam, but when i switched to the propylene glycol for solvent, the rest dstilled water, have had no issues! so maybe you're one of us who is real sensitive to alcool or like the thing wheer alcohol binds onto the same things as the benzos do...i scoffed when i first read of people having a hard time with the tiny amounts of alcohol solvent UNTIL i had the same experinence! boy i shouldn't have scoffed. learned my lesson.

anyways, my fingers and rude bits are crossed for ya too

Hello everyone,

Hi Peace! Glad you’re doing better! Hang in there it gets easier and easier.  :smitten:

Hello everyone,

Hi Peace! Glad you’re doing better! Hang in there it gets easier and easier.  :smitten:

Thank you Mountaintop!  :smitten:

Did you have benzo belly and if so, did yours go away?

Hello everyone,

Thank you Mountaintop!  :smitten:

Did you have benzo belly and if so, did yours go away?

I know I'm not the one you asked the question to, but I sure can relate to the benzo belly thing. What a mess! I've had all kinds of benzo GI challenges. It's crazy stuff, but I've learned to just accept it as a part of the process and then move on in a positive way if at all possible. I was chasing doctors and tests forever, but it all lightened up when I chilled and accepted, but do the best you can if you're having trouble. I ate really light, learned what foods created more belly trouble than others, farted a lot, massaged the stomach, and did what it took to relax (stick my feet in the sand at the beach, nature, etc.). The journey DOES end! We'll get there.

Bless ya!

Jeff