Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Daily Micro-Tapering Support Group

[sh...]

Hi FH,

I forgot to mention prayers, an important part of the process for us!

Thank you for your response.  I do pray so much and many times a day. 

I will hold and pray I feel a difference. 

Too often, I think, we underestimate the power of prayer in our healing.  Keep it up!

:thumbsup:

Al

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 12.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [ga...]

• [...]

• [bu...]

• [Ul...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Builder

Have not been on in a while my taper has been pretty good since switching to liquid . It has been very slow though . As you can see on my progress . Should I be moving this faster if so how much faster ?

Could you please let me know what you think . If I move too fast I loose my ability to sleep and anxiety creeps in but the lower I get the more cautious I become it seems I notice little drops if I move too fast . Any advice

Thanks lisa

Builder

Have not been on in a while my taper has been pretty good since switching to liquid . It has been very slow though . As you can see on my progress . Should I be moving this faster if so how much faster ?

Could you please let me know what you think . If I move too fast I loose my ability to sleep and anxiety creeps in but the lower I get the more cautious I become it seems I notice little drops if I move too fast . Any advice

Thanks lisa

Based on the last info in your siggy, you're cutting about 3%/week.  That's a pretty moderate rate.

The only way to know if you can co faster is try it.  The worst that can happen is you might feel some sxs emerging, so you can just go back to the slower rate if that happens.

Glad DLMT is working for you.  I usually does.

Hello folx,

I'm new. I just joined today. My intro is here.

After browsing, I've decided to start tapering klonopin with daily micro-cutting. I ordered a good mortar and pestle and gram scale from Amazon. I'll start tapering when I get them. I haven't figured out what numbers I'm working with yet. I'll browse around some more to find a plan -- but if someone can easily point me in a direction, that'd be great.

Hello folx,

After browsing, I've decided to start tapering klonopin with daily micro-cutting. I ordered a good mortar and pestle and gram scale from Amazon. I'll start tapering when I get them. I haven't figured out what numbers I'm working with yet. I'll browse around some more to find a plan -- but if someone can easily point me in a direction, that'd be great.

Bob7 created a good method for doing a dry micro taper.  Here's his profile page. There's a link to his method on it. You can also see his posts to see where he is hanging out these days.

Bob's Profile

Hi,

My pill weight for 0.5mg of Clonzapam is about 202gms

My night time dose is now 145 pill weight.  I want to make a small.cut an bring it down to 144.  Is the cut I'm making equal to 0.001mgs? 

Thank you. 

Hi,

My night time dose is now 145 pill weight.  I want to make a small.cut an bring it down to 144.  Is the cut I'm making equal to 0.001mgs? 

Thank you.

No.  This is a cut of 0.0025 mg Clonazepam.

Hi,

Thank you.

I'm sorry if this is a dumb question but is 0.0025mg more? I'm really bad at math. 

Congratulations on getting off your benzo. 

Hi,

Thank you.

I'm sorry if this is a dumb question but is 0.0025mg more? I'm really bad at math. 

I think I figured it out, it's less right.?  0.0025 x 4 = 0.001

Hi,

Thank you.

Actually 0.002 is more than 0.001.  So 0.0025 is even more.  In fact, it is 2.5 times as much as 0.001.  You cannot cut 0.001mg with your scale. 

Hi,

Thank you.

Actually 0.002 is more than 0.001.  So 0.0025 is even more.  In fact, it is 2.5 times as much as 0.001.  You cannot cut 0.001mg with your scale.

How did you do it at the end?

Good morning Buddies,

Could someone that does the math please help me?? I have held for about 3 yrs now but have decided to try again to get off of my k..

I take a 1mg tab in the morning and a 1mg at night but at lunch i take .111gms..average weight being .170gms tab

can someone tell me how much i am taking in mgs now..and also how much i have dropped since starting again i was at .132gms

I would greatly appreciate any help

Thank you and I will try to be on  more i have not been on much the last couple of yrs and I do miss everyone here and reading whats going on in everyones life.

hugs to all

deep

Hi,

Thank you.

Do what at the end of what?

I assume you mean end of my taper?  I was tapering librium, not clonazepam, so I did not need cuts that small. 

.0025 is 2 1/2 times as much as .001!

Hi,

Thank you.

Do what at the end of what?

I assume you mean end of my taper?  I was tapering librium, not clonazepam, so I did not need cuts that small.

Yes, that what I meant. 

.0025 is 2 1/2 times as much as .001!

Is that too much of a cut if I dont plan to make any more cuts for a week?

Hi everyone,

I just posted the question to Mary in another group but want to ask here as well.  Having so many erratic symptoms and really all over the place.  Had the best experience in taper thus far between 12mgs and 10.8mgs Valium.  No rhyme or reason.  Mary suggested looking into lag time of drug, but not sure how to find mine. 

How do you find lag time of your drug if you’re doing a DMT? 

Love to All ❤️

Uni

Hello folx,

Bob7 created a good method for doing a dry micro taper.  Here's his profile page. There's a link to his method on it. You can also see his posts to see where he is hanging out these days.

Bob's Profile

Hey Gard-Meister!! Congrats on being free! I didn't even know you were done. I'm sure it's gotta feel great. You remember a long time ago when Sharky started this thread and we were really rockin' as a group? I miss the gang. I wonder where everyone is now. Well, I stay in touch with SG a lot and talk on the phone with several others, but most have moved on, I guess. Sharky and I usually text on occasion, especially during football season since he and I both went to LSU. Geaux Tigers! Anyway, congrats again on your success, sister!! You da best :)

Many hugs,

Jeff

Hello folx,

Bob's Profile

Hey Gard-Meister!! Congrats on being free! I didn't even know you were done. I'm sure it's gotta feel great. You remember a long time ago when Sharky started this thread and we were really rockin' as a group? I miss the gang. I wonder where everyone is now. Well, I stay in touch with SG a lot and talk on the phone with several others, but most have moved on, I guess. Sharky and I usually text on occasion, especially during football season since he and I both went to LSU. Geaux Tigers! Anyway, congrats again on your success, sister!! You da best :)

Many hugs,

Jeff

Thanks, Jeff. Yes, I jumped 3 weeks ago. I remember the old gang, too. It was fun. But people moved on. I'm glad you still keep in touch with some of them. Tell them I jumped! Once in awhile I hear from Anne. She's doing well. I hope you are doing well, too.  :hug:

Gard (-Meister? :laugh:)

As of 30 days ago, I was at 2 mg v. The taper has been slow with many holds due to major life events in last 2 years. Minimal physical symptoms. Stomach cramping is my sign that I’m in trouble and this started 30 days ago. I was going on vacation and I updosed to 2.2 v all dry. 1 week ago, I began the Liquid of the .2 (I take the 2 dry) I reduced the rate to .0071 daily. Last night the cramps came back. Could it be that my body didn’t register the liquid or do I need to slow up more?

Hi everyone and Builder,

I was hoping to get some thoughts on what I’ve been doing. And some advice. Greatly appreciated.

Currently I am at .845mg of klonopin per day. I’ve been holding here for about ten days due to an upswing in some symptoms and stress in my life.

I started dry cutting in December/January of 2018/2019 from 2.5mg of klonopin. Once I got down to .5mg, I had to updose to 1mg in March. I held that dose, split in two .5mg doses per day until middle of June.

In the middle of June I started liquid tapering.

In the morning and in the evening this is what I do:

I dissolve .5mg klonopin in 40mL of coconut milk. I then take a 10mL oral syringe and take out an increasing amount of the dissolved klonopin in increments of 1/10 of a mL *per dose.* Some days I’ll take out 2/10 of a mL. I think I’m not being exact enough with the math and the percentages.

I’ve found that if I start going faster, and say, take out 1/10 of a mL in the morning and then another 1/10 in the evening, and another 1/10 in the morning, it becomes more difficult. My rationale was that it would be easier because I’m not taking 2/10 (again, per dose) at once and spreading it over the course of the day.

Anyway, thoughts about rate, percentage, and holding would be helpful. I am holding at .845mg (so .4225mg per dose) and was planning to start reducing again tomorrow as things feel a bit better, but am worried.

I so don’t like that this is taking so long. Or maybe its not, I was after all on 2.5mg in December and I’m now down to .845mg so I try to frequently encourage myself with that. The lower I go, it seems to become more difficult.

I feel like I’m going too slow, but then I’ll feel like I’m going too fast.

Thank you everyone.

So this morning I reduced another 2/10mL out of my morning 40mL dose, bringing my morning dose from .4225mg to .42mg. If I do the same tonight, my overall daily dose will be .84mg. I believe this was a .005mg cut, is this right?

When I started liquid tapering in middle of June I was at 1mg. Now, at end of August I am at .84mg. That is a reduction of .16mg or 16% in about 10 weeks. So, that would be an average of 1.6% per week from the dose of 1mg, is that correct? Or 6.4% per month.

I don’t seem to have a schedule for cutting and holding. I know I need to figure one out, thus far it has been symptom based. I feel I need to get off of this ASAP.

At this rate, it will take 10 more months, but I don’t think I can do it that quickly. I also feel disheartened when I feel it will take longer, but if it’s going to take 10 more months, what’s an additional 5 or 7 months.

That would be 15-17 months to reduce from where I am now to zero, making the whole taper from 2.5mg in December a 23-25 month taper in total.

Just wondering what to do. Wondering how to schedule this. Wondering if I have time to taper for 15 more months. I worry about the damage these drugs do and so I want them out of my system. But then I know too rapid of a taper does damage too.

It feels like being stuck between a rock and a hard place. Such urgency to get off, because even if I taper for 15-17 more months, I know there will still be post taper healing to be done, and I am already 29 and a half and I want to have a baby, but not while healing from this. If I finish my taper in fifteen months, I will be almost 31...and then add in another year of post tapering healing...almost 32...I feel so defeated. Largely in part because it was this medicine that caused me to lose my first pregnancy in December when trying to get off of it too quickly.

The horror and the nightmares from that experience...I went down to 88 pounds and the doctors said it was too dangerous to continue. I am absolutely floored by all that has happened. Blaming myself. Feeling like no one understands the loss. How stupid I was. I got off klonopin in 2014, why did I get back on it? So angry at myself. I was told I was bipolar in 2014, which has since been rescinded to PTSD, so I thought all the derealization and panic was from “being bipolar” and not from coming off klonopin that first time; which I did just by gradually taking less, and I didn’t have any physical symptoms. It was hard but not like this time. Plus at the time I was only 24 and I felt like I had more time to live. I keep thinking this is it for me.

Hi everyone. I am taking close to 1 mg k a day. 3 wks ago i bit off a tiny amout and have been doing that and feel ok. I was holding on 1 mg for 3 months due bad co from 2 mg x to 15 mg v. Bad sx pins and needles electricity  nerve pain in calves and feet and massive mucle cramping.  Awesome  :tickedoff: The sx have gotten alot better. Still some cramping some pins and needles on and off. I was wondering how to taper. I probably have to cut very small. I feel.it right away sx gets worse if i cut to much. Did it today.  Took a little over half and the electricity and everything else ramped up.  I have no.idea.how to.taper. I am trying to at least yet a plan together so i stop doing stupid things. Would it be better to.liquid taper or cut. Any suggestions would be sooo appreciated.

Hi Dehytq2,

Are you taking a single 1mg k or two .5mg k? If possible, try and get .5mg.

What you need is an oral syringe and a fat soluble liquid. You can use whole milk, or coconut milk, or soy milk. It needs to have fat in it so use while milk or a liquid with fat in it. Some people use propylene glycol but a lot of people use milk.

Then dissolve (I do this each day, per dose, some people make batches ahead of time), your klonopin in however much liquid you want. The more liquid you use the higher margin of error (meaning if it’s a tiny bit off it won’t be so bad because the solution is less diluted.) I use 40mL per .5mg dose, some people use 80 or 120mL.

Then reduce using the syringe, taking out more incrementally. I am still trying to figure out a taper schedule so hopefully someone will respond and will be able to help us out with that.