Daily Micro-Tapering Support Group

[sh...]

[a0...]
Can anyone point me in the right direction, I’d like to know how to turn my Xanax from pill to liquid form, been relying on my compound pharmacist but one ingredient is on back order, please help, thank you. I’d like to continue my .003 daily taper of Xanax, just need to know how to make it into a liquid

• Replies 12.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [ga...]

• [...]

• [bu...]

• [Ul...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello, WPWP.  You might want to do a search for member HopeToDoThis so you can read through his posting history.  He is using a homemade liquid to taper alprazolam.  He leveraged his expertise as an analytical chemist working in the pharmaceutical industry to create his “recipe.”

Can anyone point me in the right direction, I’d like to know how to turn my Xanax from pill to liquid form, been relying on my compound pharmacist but one ingredient is on back order, please help, thank you. I’d like to continue my .003 daily taper of Xanax, just need to know how to make it into a liquid

If you are ok with dissolving your benzo in a little bit of alcohol I could help you figure out the math to create a 0.003 mg per day reduction. 

However, by the time we get this all figured out, I imagine you compound pharmacist will be off back order. 

You will be taking a small chance in changing methods (from your trusted compound pharmacy to your own mixture).

Are you sure you want to do this?

How long is the pharmacy on backorder?

[a0...]
He said he was not given an approximate date so he said to just disolve a .25mg ground up tablet in 1ml of vodka/whiskey, and continue with the same syringe at the same pace, since the compounded amount was .25mg per 1ml. I’d like to continue with the taper so if I need to do this method then so be it until they get their ingredients back in stock...

Thanks to those who stepped up to help WPWP, I received a PM but since I have no practical experience, I'm at a loss. 

• 3 weeks later...
For those daily micro tapering have you found slowing the daily rate reduced symptoms and made you more functional? I am almost half way through my taper and am not doing horrible but things aren’t as good as last summer and wondering if slowing down a bit may help?

Hey Jlav, well as you know, everything happens differently with people and benzo's, but imo, I would definitely give slowing down a chance.  Just remember, it may not happen overnight,  it could even be weeks, but yes, if you give it time, it very well might help.  Good luck, keep us posted.  Mary 💜💜

For those daily micro tapering have you found slowing the daily rate reduced symptoms and made you more functional? I am almost half way through my taper and am not doing horrible but things aren’t as good as last summer and wondering if slowing down a bit may help?

My situation is fairly extreme, but my experience says 'yes', slow down. Can't hurt. I'd rather have too little than too much!

Jeff

• 1 month later...
Hi- Hope everyone is well. I am hoping someone can help me with math on my DMT. I am taking Librium. It’s a powder I weigh out and recapsule. I have 731 5mg capsules of L. I am trying to determine if I have enough to finish my taper. Each capsule weighs .165g and I am reducing by .0008g a day. Today’s dose is .478g. I can’t even wrap my mind around this math. Thank you!

Hi- Hope everyone is well. I am hoping someone can help me with math on my DMT. I am taking Librium. It’s a powder I weigh out and recapsule. I have 731 5mg capsules of L. I am trying to determine if I have enough to finish my taper. Each capsule weighs .165g and I am reducing by .0008g a day. Today’s dose is .478g. I can’t even wrap my mind around this math. Thank you!

I can help you.

You said your current dose is 0.478 g and you will reduce 0.0008g a day, then you will be done in 597.5 days.

You have 731 capsules so you can use one capsule a day (throw away part of the capsule each day) and still have enough.

Or, if you don't throw anything away, you will have even more.

Let me know if that answers your question.

Also, please confirm, you said reduce 0.0008 grams a day.  I asked because most scales only read 0.001 increments so I am wondering if you meant 0.008 grams a day?

I can help you.

You said your current dose is 0.478 g and you will reduce 0.0008g a day, then you will be done in 597.5 days.

You have 731 capsules so you can use one capsule a day (throw away part of the capsule each day) and still have enough.

Or, if you don't throw anything away, you will have even more.

Let me know if that answers your question.

Also, please confirm, you said reduce 0.0008 grams a day.  I asked because most scales only read 0.001 increments so I am wondering if you meant 0.008 grams a day?

Thank you Bob! Yes my scale goes to the 4th digit. So you think I would have enough to complete the taper? I don’t understand the math. Could you share the equation you used? What happens if I have to do a hold or slow my rate? Would I still have enough? This helps so much. Thanks again.

Something is wrong.

I had assumed each day, you opened one (and only one) Librium capsule , removed what you don't need, and took the rest.

But when I check the math, you must be using more than one Librium capsules a day.  Is that true?

My math says you are using about 2.9 Librium capsules a day at your current dose.

If that is true, then you will not have enough.  You will be close (you have about 84% what you need). 

If I am right (you are actually using 2.9 capsules a day), then I compute you would need to switch from 0.0008 g to 0.001 g reduction a day and you will complete your taper in 479 days and have 37 capsules to spare (to account for spillage).

Please confirm, am I right, you are currently needing to use 2.9 capsules a day at today's dose?

Something is wrong.

I had assumed each day, you opened one (and only one) Librium capsule , removed what you don't need, and took the rest.

But when I check the math, you must be using more than one Librium capsules a day.  Is that true?

My math says you are using about 2.9 Librium capsules a day at your current dose.

If that is true, then you will not have enough.  You will be close (you have about 84% what you need). 

If I am right (you are actually using 2.9 capsules a day), then I compute you would need to switch from 0.0008 g to 0.001 g reduction a day and you will complete your taper in 479 days and have 37 capsules to spare (to account for spillage).

Please confirm, am I right, you are currently needing to use 2.9 capsules a day at today's dose?

Yes you are right. Using about 2.9 caps at this point. I don’t think I can do .001g a day. I have done .0009 a day and did ok. So perhaps I need to go back to the doctor. Wondering how many more pills I would need. I just can’t figure the math on it. Thanks for your help.

You will need a total of 866 pills to do your 0.0008 g per day reduction taper.

You might want to just get a total of 1000 pills to account for spillage and if you want to a hold during holidays.

You will need a total of 866 pills to do your 0.0008 g per day reduction taper.

You might want to just get a total of 1000 pills to account for spillage and if you want to a hold during holidays.

At my next appointment if they give me enough for three pills a day for the month with two refills then I should be good correct? That would add 270 to the 731 I already have? Does this make sense? I am losing insurance and trying to get what I need before hand. Thank you Bob!

I have done a dlmt for 3 years. I went into bws in the fall due to many mistakes. I haven’t tapered in 9 months. I tried liquid as a test with acute like symptoms.  How do I do a dry cut taper? I have no idea. Is there a spreadsheet that would allow adjustments in rates. I have to go slow. I’m on 4 mg divided twice a day. Are there instructions anywhere?

I have done a dlmt for 3 years. I went into bws in the fall due to many mistakes. I haven’t tapered in 9 months. I tried liquid as a test with acute like symptoms.  How do I do a dry cut taper? I have no idea. Is there a spreadsheet that would allow adjustments in rates. I have to go slow. I’m on 4 mg divided twice a day. Are there instructions anywhere?

If you'll start a thread on the titration board found on this link Planning your taper (Taper Plans) we can help you work this out.

In the mean time these are some pretty good videos Bob7 Benzo Dry Taper Method 

This is a spreadsheet some people use, but you'll need to make adjustments as you taper, a spreadsheet is just a tool, your symptoms are your guide. http://benzo.alwaysdata.net/       

In addition to what Pamster recommended, I am willing to help you.

The first thing you need is a scale.  Something like this:https://www.amazon.com/Smart-Weigh-Precision-Milligram-Calibration/dp/B011J88S8M/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1541012152&sr=8-1&keywords=Smart+Weigh+Premium+High+Precision+Digital+Milligram+Scale+with+Case%2C+Tweezers%2C+Calibration+Weights+and+Three+Weighing+Pans%2C+50+x+0.001g

After you get the scale, you just tell me how fast you want to taper and a few things about your benzo, and I can make a taper plan with you.

Thank you so much. I will order it.  Is a concern that the weights of the pills vary 6%.

Hi Magnolis,

Bob7 will help you on the thread you started in titration, that way we won't hijack this thread.  :thumbsup:

Pamster

I will see you on the other thread.

I do not think my pills very that much - not nearly that much.

What makes you think they vary 6% - I mean, do you have a scale and tried it?

I’ll check my math again.  Not thinking clearly lately. I have the scale you are referring to. I have been using a different one for a few years.  I haven’t tapered in almost 9 months. Had an easy taper until last fall. Fell into wd due to many mistakes. I have a different cns now. Tried a test of liquid and it was a disaster. I am at 4 mg. Take 2  2 mg. Pills. I want to start slow at 5% per month. The average weight of a pill is .168. How would I calculate a daily taper. I guess I only shave 1 pill at a time? Thank you for any help.

Yes, shave one pill at a time.

Here is a chart to reduce 5% per month for several months:

The weight column is the total weight on your scale of one full pill combined with the "shaved" pill:

Month Weight (g)

0     0.336

1     0.319

2     0.303

3     0.288

4     0.274

5     0.260

6     0.247

7     0.235

8     0.223

9     0.212

10     0.201