Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Daily Micro-Tapering Support Group

[sh...]

Peaceflower,

Looks like you tried a liquid microtaper but then went to dry.  I didn't react well with vodka/water and am going to see if I can use Goat's milk.  Have to be able to tolerate that in itself first.  Just wondering why you made the switch back to dry?

Hello Momof7,

I didn't do a dry taper prior to liquid. I was breaking the pills into pieces by hand unawares that I'd get sick.That was prior to the support group. I went from liquid cut and hold to DDMT.

I recommend holding and stabilizing before you make anymore reductions. It's not worth feeling horrible.

Peace  ;)

• Replies 12.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [ga...]

• [...]

• [bu...]

• [Ul...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Peaceflower,

I wish I could get stable - that's the problem.  I was already in tolerance (kindled too, before I knew what that was) - then, after cutting too quickly and then holding too long at .5 mg total per instructions from my psychiatrist (then split my 1X per day dosage into 3X per day to stabilize after coming off a PPI) and being polydrugged.  Changing to 3x per day seemed to stabilize at first but then I started getting acute tolerance w/d symptoms.  I'm getting more and more acute symptoms each week, despite holding at the same overall dose, and now same dosing schedule.

My doctor doesn't know what to do with me except switch me over to Valium at 15 mg (updose compared to 10 mg K equiv).  My CNS is highly unstable. 

I didn't tolerate goat milk by itself after all - woke up this morning with very irritated stomach, esophagus and some constipation. 

Peaceflower, you were smart, IMO to stay at 1x per day dosing.  I regret making that move as I feel like that's what has contributed to my acute symptoms.  I assume you didn't tolerate liquid very well?

Peaceflower,

I wish I could get stable - that's the problem.  I was already in tolerance (kindled too, before I knew what that was) - then, after cutting too quickly and then holding too long at .5 mg total per instructions from my psychiatrist (then split my 1X per day dosage into 3X per day to stabilize after coming off a PPI) and being polydrugged.  Changing to 3x per day seemed to stabilize at first but then I started getting acute tolerance w/d symptoms.  I'm getting more and more acute symptoms each week, despite holding at the same overall dose, and now same dosing schedule.

My doctor doesn't know what to do with me except switch me over to Valium at 15 mg (updose compared to 10 mg K equiv).  My CNS is highly unstable. 

I didn't tolerate goat milk by itself after all - woke up this morning with very irritated stomach, esophagus and some constipation. 

Peaceflower, you were smart, IMO to stay at 1x per day dosing.  I regret making that move as I feel like that's what has contributed to my acute symptoms.  I assume you didn't tolerate liquid very well?

Momof7,

I'm so sorry you're feeling so bad. U hope you stabilize soon. I don't know much about multiple doses per day with tapereing. Liquid did not work for me, however I was doing a cut and hold. There is a difference between that and microtapering with liquid.

Can you try almond milk?

Peace

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, I know this may not be the correct group to post this question, but this is the only group I'm somewhat active in. I had to go from part-time to full-time recently due to money struggles, but things are seriously worse now with regards to tapering, tolerance, etc. Anyway, does anyone know if Ibuprofen interacts negatively with klonopin? I know that there are things like antibiotics etc. that interfere with klonopin, but I've never heard about Ibuprofen. Inhibitors, inducers, CYP3A4...I know it all exists, but I don't know how it relates to Ibuprofen.

I don't post a lot, but I read what you all say very often. Hang tough, gang!!!

Jeff

Hey, I know this may not be the correct group to post this question, but this is the only group I'm somewhat active in. I had to go from part-time to full-time recently due to money struggles, but things are seriously worse now with regards to tapering, tolerance, etc. Anyway, does anyone know if Ibuprofen interacts negatively with klonopin? I know that there are things like antibiotics etc. that interfere with klonopin, but I've never heard about Ibuprofen. Inhibitors, inducers, CYP3A4...I know it all exists, but I don't know how it relates to Ibuprofen.

I don't post a lot, but I read what you all say very often. Hang tough, gang!!!

Jeff

Hi Jeff,

I have not heard of any negative interactions. I have also seen other members mention that they take it.

Peace

So I'm going to give the DLMT another shot with using vodka to dissolve and then add water. 

I just did this with my afternoon dose to see how I would react.  Used about .3 ml to dissolve .125K and then added water.  I have a VERY sensitive CNS and it hard and I'm feeling "drunk" like now, dizzy and tired.  I assume it's because it didn't have to be broken down by the stomach.  Kind of like drinking alcohol on an empty stomach?

Question, though - will this quick onset and effect have an impact on how long it stays in my system then?  Like it hits quick and leaves quick? 

Also, I used to dose my K at night on an empty stomach and the past few months, have been taking it with food.  Could that be having an impact on why I'm feeling much more symptomatic, other than just being in acute tolerance w/d? 

I'm so symptomatic and need a way to go slow and break up my .5 mg dose (into 3x per day) without getting too much worse. 

So I'm going to give the DLMT another shot with using vodka to dissolve and then add water. 

I just did this with my afternoon dose to see how I would react.  Used about .3 ml to dissolve .125K and then added water.  I have a VERY sensitive CNS and it hard and I'm feeling "drunk" like now, dizzy and tired.  I assume it's because it didn't have to be broken down by the stomach.  Kind of like drinking alcohol on an empty stomach?

Question, though - will this quick onset and effect have an impact on how long it stays in my system then?  Like it hits quick and leaves quick? 

Also, I used to dose my K at night on an empty stomach and the past few months, have been taking it with food.  Could that be having an impact on why I'm feeling much more symptomatic, other than just being in acute tolerance w/d? 

I'm so symptomatic and need a way to go slow and break up my .5 mg dose (into 3x per day) without getting too much worse.

I can't say I can really tell, but it does make sense if you eat right before taking your meds, it will at least slow down the effects of the meds and I have read others discussing it.    I wait long enough for the food to have time to digest. 

I do dlmt also but I use milk and take my dose right before sleep, so I haven't noticed it absorbing quickly and leaving faster, but again I have read others discussing it. 

I know that's not a lot of help, you know you can add juice or something to the vodka mix before you drink it.  Good luck, hope others answer. 🍀🍀🍀

I noticed with milk, there was a delayed reaction and I couldn't sleep?  I also take other meds, though, and I'm much more sensitive to EVERYTHING now compared to just a few short months ago.  I can't hardly eat a banana now without it revving me up.

Here is a study from the .gov site comparing liquid v. pill Xanax.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/3680603

I know you're taking K. They may have data on that. I use Xanax, so my research is on X mainly.

That's sublingual vs oral (conventional tablet), not liquid vs tablet.

And the finding was "... these differences did not reach statistical significance. "

• 2 weeks later...
Hello everyone, I am now down to 2 mg. My percentage which is at .40% daily is where I was two years ago when I got in trouble at 9.5 MGs. I am now reducing .008 per day with a liquid micro taper. At this point, should I just throw away the percentages and continue to taper at this rate. I have been fine.  Thanks for any feedback

Hello everyone, I am now down to 2 mg. My percentage which is at .40% daily is where I was two years ago when I got in trouble at 9.5 MGs. I am now reducing .008 per day with a liquid micro taper. At this point, should I just throw away the percentages and continue to taper at this rate. I have been fine.  Thanks for any feedback

At some point during your taper, you will reach a point where your dose is too small to have any physiological effect, and you therefore no longer have a dependency.

If you are at that point, then yeah, forget about percentages as make whatever cuts will get to the end.

But if you are still dependent, and dose reductions make you symptomatic, then stay at a steady percentage.

At some point during your taper, you will reach a point where your dose is too small to have any physiological effect, and you therefore no longer have a dependency.

If you are at that point, then yeah, forget about percentages as make whatever cuts will get to the end.

This is the case. Would that mean someone could increase their rate? 2 years ago I increased my Rate at 9.5.with horrible symptoms, so since then I have gone super slow

I’ve never pushed it to go faster.

Over the course of my taper, I had to lower my absolute (milligram) cut rate several times to stay in my percentage comfort zone of about 5%/14 days. 

Somewhere around 2mg, I was down to .1mg/2 weeks.

But, once I got below that 2mg threshold, I realized that I really no longer had a significant dependency, and I increased my cut rate, to get to the finish line.  Before I jumped, I had gone all the way up to a 25%/2 weeks cut rate.

And I jumped a .5mg with zero residual sxs.

This is the first time I heard that this concept was possible. The forum’s general theme is “it gets harder as one reduces, so go 3 times slower. “ at the tail end. Anyone else experienced this positive phenomenon?

This is the first time I heard that this concept was possible. The forum’s general theme is “it gets harder as one reduces, so go 3 times slower. “ at the tail end. Anyone else experienced this positive phenomenon?

I've been able to taper faster at a lower dose. I got overly confident, made a huge cut and had to back track a bit, but overall I'm still going faster. I will be jumping soon.

Hi Magnolis! You’re doing great! Congrats for reaching 2mg. How do you feel? I also did 0.008  per day until I got to 0.5mg V and then i slowed a bit further bc of increased sxs. My bias is to keep your rate steady w/o increasing unless you believe that increasing will somehow make you feel better or is better for you for some reason. If it’s just out of wanting to be done and being tired of this process, I would resist the urge to go faster. But you know your situation best of course. Wishing you well!

edit: modify per posters request

Hi builder,

I am doing dry MT of oxazepam.

Presently at 7,5 mg.

despite very heavy family circumstances I kept tapering.

Going down every 2 days with a , more or less measured , very tiny piece (aprox 0.01 mg of the pill’s weight)

Symptoms are becoming stronger last days .

I know they are related to the situation ,I wonder if to change the taper rhythm, hold?

Would much appreciate your opinion.

thanks!

Hi,

I could use some math help when I resume my taper in August. Ihave had to hold after having to switch back from trying compunding pills (didn't work for me) and also a slow evening out of my doses.  Will be keeping a larger amount in the evening for sleep issues but its lower than it was. 

My current dose is .561mgs and I have been dry cutting. Initially more micro tapering, then cut and hold and now will return to dry micro cutting. 

I just don't know how much each trim off my doses will be on terms of micrograms?

So if I cut my nighttime dose, which in pill weight is 146, to 145, how much am I actually cutting?  I plan to cut every few days.

Hope that makes sense.

Last week I posted about possibly increasing my taper rate.That was a big mistake. Two nights ago I got the horrendous stomach cramps, which is my sign of tapering too fast. I haven’t had this symptom since I started the taper. That pain scared me into tapering extremely slow the last THREE years. This indicates to me that the danger zone of .040 is real. I immediately updosed. If I keep below the .040 daily taper rate, it will take years to finish this up. Any words of support would be appreciated.

Last week I posted about possibly increasing my taper rate.That was a big mistake. Two nights ago I got the horrendous stomach cramps, which is my sign of tapering too fast. I haven’t had this symptom since I started the taper. That pain scared me into tapering extremely slow the last THREE years. This indicates to me that the danger zone of .040 is real. I immediately updosed. If I keep below the .040 daily taper rate, it will take years to finish this up. Any words of support would be appreciated.

Magnolis, I’m sorry that happened when you attempted to speed things up. The best thing I can think of is that as you continue in your taper your symptoms will likely change. Just because you have stomach cramps now at s certain taper rate doesn’t mean you’ll have them next week or next month. Some of my symptoms, such as tinnitus, have been with me from the start until the finish. But 95% of my symptoms were only for a time and were replaced by other symptoms, some better and some worse. You never really know. All that to say, you can always try to speed things up later and see what happens. You may find the stomach cramps were only for a portion of your taper. Also some find that they feel better as they get to a lower dose, not everyone feels worse. This path is so unpredictable. I hope things go well and you keep moving forward as you have been. The end is nearer than we think.

MoTo

Just saw this post. I tapered off Klonopin but I didn’t pay attention to percentages and it worked out just fine for me. I reduced at the same rate of .001 towards the end and held a few times when things got harry. It’s been about 7 weeks off and overall things have been well. No major waves and my stamina gets better all the time with some sleepy days in between. Good luck to you.