Valium/Diazepam Support Group

[Di...]

I took my 10 mg of valium right now and I'm feeling weird. A bit physical unrest lingers on the background. Will I recover from the missed dose a week before on thursday? I took lions mane 3 days ago and it apparently detoxifies toxins including Valium probably, so I might have gotten tolerance from that as well. I felt more physical anxiety when I took it, a lot more. It subsided afterwards.

This morning I woke up with massive physical anxiety, which could have been due to the chicken slices I took on this home made pizza I ate yesterday. I usually get physical unrest from it because it has a lot of ingredients in it.

I don't think a missed dose is going affect you too much. I've been there and usually an uptick in symptoms for a few days at the most. It seems you're very sensitive to foods like I am. I try to avoid all processed foods as well as those high in glutamate. I'm sure if you hold for a few days your symptoms will subside.

I took my 10 mg of valium right now and I'm feeling weird. A bit physical unrest lingers on the background. Will I recover from the missed dose a week before on thursday? I took lions mane 3 days ago and it apparently detoxifies toxins including Valium probably, so I might have gotten tolerance from that as well. I felt more physical anxiety when I took it, a lot more. It subsided afterwards.

This morning I woke up with massive physical anxiety, which could have been due to the chicken slices I took on this home made pizza I ate yesterday. I usually get physical unrest from it because it has a lot of ingredients in it.

I don't think a missed dose is going affect you too much. I've been there and usually an uptick in symptoms for a few days at the most. It seems you're very sensitive to foods like I am. I try to avoid all processed foods as well as those high in glutamate. I'm sure if you hold for a few days your symptoms will subside.

Thanks for the reassurance! I've had an uptick in symptoms since Monday so 6 days now. Is this normal?

Could it be that because I took my missed evening dose with my morning dose that I'm withdrawing from the spike in my bloodstream?

Jwl, I had genetic testing for psychotropic drugs done after a bad reaction to Zoloft. It’s called the GeneSight test and has to be done through a medical provider. It only tests for one of the MTHFR mutations, but also tests for multiple genes that control metabolism of psych drugs.

I had terrible feelings of physical anxiety/discomfort this morning, it could be due to the chicken kebab I ate yesterday evening, it had no msg in it but it was pre cooked so processed. Now after a bike ride to the store I'm still feeling somewhat restlessness.

Will I ever recover from this missed dose or should I go up in the dose to stabilize?

Also does anyone know if you take more valium if its effect will last longer as well?

I had terrible feelings of physical anxiety/discomfort this morning, it could be due to the chicken kebab I ate yesterday evening, it had no msg in it but it was pre cooked so processed. Now after a bike ride to the store I'm still feeling somewhat restlessness.

Will I ever recover from this missed dose or should I go up in the dose to stabilize?

Also does anyone know if you take more valium if its effect will last longer as well?

I'm sure you'll be fine Nikitis. Just hold at your dose until you stabilize. An advantage of Valium is that you can hold for long periods of time. In the future it's never advisable to double up on a dose and no I don't think you should go up in your dose.

I'm sure you'll be fine Nikitis. Just hold at your dose until you stabilize. An advantage of Valium is that you can hold for long periods of time. In the future it's never advisable to double up on a dose and no I don't think you should go up in your dose.

The physical discomfort from the physical anxiety is really bad right now, are you sure of this?

And does the lions mane which i took 2 doses of which detoxifies valium has anything to do with it?

Thanks for responses Jwl and Mary

Read Bluelight’s breakdown..  interesting!

I’ve done as much research as I can find, thus far.  It is on my medical records that Valium is a NO for me, specifically says “DO NOT ADMINISTER” due to the fact I am Ultra Rapid Metabolizer.  Not even just rapid, ultra rapid.  Wonder if that’s why I’ve had such difficulty with this drug...  akathisia, terror, psychosis episodes, intrusive thoughts, images, hallucinations, a horrific chest electrocution feeling (shocked repeatedly inside chest cavity - excruciating pain), insane depression, DPDR, intolerance to stimulation (even speaking or being in the presence of a person), deathly sick feeling.  Feels like I’m on speed and acid simultaneously.  Basically, acute wd sxs.  Won’t go into the whole list here, but these are some fun ones. 

Kitsune, that’s the test my doctor did.  It shows I am a UM of CYP 450 2C19.  From what I understand I am processing and clearing diazepam really quickly.  I noticed this seemed to be the case long before I did this testing.  The test only proved my feeling to be correct.

At lower dose it is much, much more noticeable.  So, I’m just wondering how the heck I can taper safely.  I’m pretty tough and have endured a shit ton of suffering, but it’s gotten to the point I really don’t know if I am strong enough now for how bad it is.  Most wouldn’t be. 

I was hoping to be able to taper off using Valium as I do not want to make any switches, which would most likely destabilize my already extremely unstable CNS. 

Just seeking hope and wondering if anyone else has successfully tapered being an ultra rapid rabbit, like me.

Feels like I’m going through bad acute but have a lot left to taper.  Super concerned and feeling pretty hopeless. 

Love to all

❤️Uni

The physical discomfort from the physical anxiety is really bad right now, are you sure of this?

And does the lions mane which i took 2 doses of which detoxifies valium has anything to do with it?

I wish I could say I'm sure but everyone's different. I have found that holds work for me anytime I mess up my doses or have a bad reaction to supplements. By holding you're giving your body time to heal and stabilize. By updosing you'll probably confuse an already sensitized CNS.

Uni, I'm sure Kit will be around to answer your questions. The only thing I can think of is to spread your doses as much as possible. I think you're wise not to go back on K. It metabolizes way faster than Valium.

Uni, I had to go look at my GeneSight report after reading your response. I’m ultra rapid for the CYPA12 which it says *may* affect metabolism of diazepam.

Ok, thank you so much Jwl.  I’ll keep to my 4x/day dosing and just keep holding. Hope you’re doing well.  Very cool you got methylation issues under control.  How did you do this whilst in wd?  I do see you held a good amount of time.  Did it help a lot?

Kit, wow that’s kind of relieving.  So odd how these little genes a,ke such a big difference.  So your gene is the CYPA12 and may have an affect but not certain.  Hopefully its a much smoother ride for you.  I looked closer at mine and it is CYP2C19*17 that is responsible for the UM. 

I’m like a completely different person on this Benzo, in a bad way.  Was sooo hoping to be off of it by now, but must respect the CNS.  Rawr 🐯

Best wishes to you both, thanks!

Uni, did your GeneSight test check for MTHFR? I think staying at 4x/day dosing it probably wise for you with the URM. It stinks to have to dose that much, but we work with what we’ve got. Hopefully a long hold will help things settle.

I wish I could say I'm sure but everyone's different. I have found that holds work for me anytime I mess up my doses or have a bad reaction to supplements. By holding you're giving your body time to heal and stabilize. By updosing you'll probably confuse an already sensitized CNS.

Yesterday I took 2 mg of valium extra (1 wasn't enough) and felt stable again. Today I had physical unrest in the morning but not as bad as usual, and at work I felt somewhat uncomfortable because of the physical anxiety. Now that I took my 10 mg of valium I'm feeling somewhat stable but have this frayed feeling in my body.

Yesterday I took 2 mg of valium extra (1 wasn't enough) and felt stable again. Today I had physical unrest in the morning but not as bad as usual, and at work I felt somewhat uncomfortable because of the physical anxiety. Now that I took my 10 mg of valium I'm feeling somewhat stable but have this frayed feeling in my body.

I'm glad it helped. So you're on a total of 12 mgs V? You need to stay on that dose until you're stable and then start tapering from it and not drop back to 10 mgs to taper. Just remember yo yoing your doses is not good but sometimes unavoidable. Are you still on Atavain? Are you planning to Co completely to V?

I'm glad it helped. So you're on a total of 12 mgs V? You need to stay on that dose until you're stable and then start tapering from it and not drop back to 10 mgs to taper. Just remember yo yoing your doses is not good but sometimes unavoidable. Are you still on Atavain? Are you planning to Co completely to V?

I took 2 mg of valium again today as the instability was intolerable. Yes I'm planning on going completely to valium from the ativan. I'm still on ativan right now.

Edit: the tension in my body is gone but physical anxiety remains, could this be a paradoxical effect of taking extra benzos? I've had this effect before.

I forgot to take part of my evening dose last night, which was equal to 1 mg, should I take it this morning with my morning dose?

I dose twice a day, morning and evening. My morning dose is 2 mg in pill form and my evening dose is 1 mg pill and 1 mg of liquid that I use to taper. When I got up today and took my morning dose, I saw the 1 mg of pill still in my box from last night...I just simply forgot to take it with my liquid portion, benzo brain I guess.

I should have taken a total of 3.98 mg yesterday, instead I only took 2.98 mg. Should I take the missed dose today, or maybe half of it? Worrying about this missed dosed has got my anxiety ramped up a little this morning. Has anyone forgotten take part of their daily dose, and what did you do about it.

Thanks all.

I forgot to take part of my evening dose last night, which was equal to 1 mg, should I take it this morning with my morning dose?

I dose twice a day, morning and evening. My morning dose is 2 mg in pill form and my evening dose is 1 mg pill and 1 mg of liquid that I use to taper. When I got up today and took my morning dose, I saw the 1 mg of pill still in my box from last night...I just simply forgot to take it with my liquid portion, benzo brain I guess.

I should have taken a total of 3.98 mg yesterday, instead I only took 2.98 mg. Should I take the missed dose today, or maybe half of it? Worrying about this missed dosed has got my anxiety ramped up a little this morning. Has anyone forgotten take part of their daily dose, and what did you do about it.

Thanks all.

[/quote/]

If it is making you anxious, definitely take it.  It really is up to how you feel.  We all forget a dose or accidentally add a dose every once in awhile.  You can take it, times are pretty anxious right now, no reason to add to it.  Mary 🙋🏼🙋🏼🙏🙏😘😘😷😷😷😷

Thanks all.

[/quote/]

If it is making you anxious, definitely take it.  It really is up to how you feel.  We all forget a dose or accidentally add a dose every once in awhile.  You can take it, times are pretty anxious right now, no reason to add to it.  Mary 🙋🏼🙋🏼🙏🙏😘😘😷😷😷😷

Thanks Mary, I think I may take half of it and see how it goes. I can always take the other half this afternoon if needed. What worries me is the long half life of the med and I may not feel the missed dose until later.

Thanks all.

[/quote/]

Thanks Mary, I think I may take half of it and see how it goes. I can always take the other half this afternoon if needed. What worries me is the long half life of the med and I may not feel the missed dose until later.

The long half life will actually benefit you in this case. Going back to your regular dose it will all even out and you’ll be ok. Remember that you are extra sensitive to anxiety triggers right now, so in all likelihood, the anxiety you’re feeling is not caused by missing the dose, but because you’re worried about it. I hope you feel better soon. :smitten: :smitten:

Thanks all.

[/quote/]

You will be fine either way.  Just go back to your regular schedule afterwards and it will be fine  ;)

I desperately need help!!

I saw a new Dr yesterday and she wants to move me to Valium!

I told her that I was concerned because Valium blocks DAO, and I know I already have a histamine issue from taking antibiotics.

She cut me off and said, she'd never heard that before.

The withdrawals from coming down way too fast in July/August are killing me, literally, my body is starting to shut down.

I think some of the problems came after I was given Versed for a colonoscopy 3 weeks ago and the dye from a CT scan 2 weeks ago.

I'm taking 0.75 mg Ativan and she told me to swap out to 5 mg of Valium, that's it.

I asked her if she had read the Ashton Manual as I was concerned about this not being enough.

She said she had and does this approach with all her patients who do fine.

She said everyone metabolizes it differently and I might be fine or might need more, and that we'd reassess in a week.

I sweat they also pulled my driver's licence too, not that I'm driving!

I'm terrified of this approach!!!

Can anyone comment on if I can just replace the 0.5 mg at night with 5 mg Valium in one swap or if I have to taper off the Ativan, like taking 2.5 mg of Valium and 0.25 Ativan for a week for night dose, then move right over to Valium.

Also, can I just drop the day dose of 0.25 mg Ativan like this?

Please help!

WinnieDog

Winnie, if you can get your doc to get you on an equivalent dose I would do it. It's apparent you're not doing good on A. Valium is sedating (calming) and has a long half life which will help with interdose withdrawal. I think the trade-off will be well worth it

According to most equivalence tables available on the internet, 5 mgs valium is equivalent to 0,5 mgs lorazepam. I myself have gone from ativan to valium just like that in the past, whatever they prescribed would do. It doesn't fit in my signature. But that was of course before I became severely kindled (now a simple cut of 0.10 after a four month hold throws me into terrble withdrawals). What I'd do, and I'm no doctor, is I would take the 5 mg valium, and if you have a stash of Ativan I'd keep taking the 0.25 of ativan and taper that slowly. But it would be much better if you could get a better doctor to allow you to stabilize on your current dose and benzo (ativan) before making any changes, and that's just my opinion.

don’t know what to do. I’m so sick. Not sleeping unless I have unisom last night only 2 hrs then massive panic attack after waking. Cant stop dry heaving I need sleep

My dr doesn’t know what to do. Benzo clinic only in another state. Is there something else I’m missing? Do I need to updose. I don’t even know why I’m posting this I need someone to take control of my care where I am but there is no one.