Valium/Diazepam Support Group

[Di...]

Hey all I missed my 5 mg dose in the evening and now I'm having anxiety in the late morning till around 3 to 4 pm. Could this be due to neurological damage and/or tolerance?

Thank you

Hey all I missed my 5 mg dose in the evening and now I'm having anxiety in the late morning till around 3 to 4 pm. Could this be due to neurological damage and/or tolerance?

Thank you

One missed dose won’t completely derail you. It might make you feel temporarily yucky, but once you’re back to your regular dosing you should be fine. Many of us forget to take a dose here and there. You will be ok. I doubt it’s neurological damage or tolerance. ❤️

Hello!  I have been on Val for 21 days at 10mg a day. Crossed over from 1mg of Lor for 10+ years. The depression, headaches , jaw pain, mouth pain and body aches are unbearable. Should I go back to the Lor, in order to be able function as a human being?

Hello!  I have been on Val for 21 days at 10mg a day. Crossed over from 1mg of Lor for 10+ years. The depression, headaches , jaw pain, mouth pain and body aches are unbearable. Should I go back to the Lor, in order to be able function as a human being?

How long did you take to crossover? Did you do it gradually or did you just stop the lorazepam and start the Valium?

My last dosage of 1mg Lor was 21 days ago when I started the 10mg Val

So here’s my take. I think you are having withdrawals from the lorazepam because you didn’t do a gradual crossover. When I crossed over from Klonopin to Valium I did it over the course of 6 weeks. I still had some withdrawal symptoms, but this method minimized them a lot. Valium can cause depression, so it’s possible that is also a factor, but my gut tells me you’re having withdrawal symptoms from the lorazepam.

Personally, I would stick with just the diazepam and hold your dose until you stabilize. I know it sucks, but holding and letting your body adjust will help. If in the unlikely event it doesn’t, then you can reassess. If a hold doesn’t help, then I’d think that perhaps you don’t tolerate Valium well, but again, that’s unlikely.

So here’s my take. I think you are having withdrawals from the lorazepam because you didn’t do a gradual crossover. When I crossed over from Klonopin to Valium I did it over the course of 6 weeks. I still had some withdrawal symptoms, but this method minimized them a lot. Valium can cause depression, so it’s possible that is also a factor, but my gut tells me you’re having withdrawal symptoms from the lorazepam.

Thanks for your take on this kitsune, I just learned something new.  :thumbsup:

I am on day 21. How long should I hold for?

That’s up to you and what you find tolerable. It can take a while to stabilize. Once I was on Valium only I think it took a couple months before the withdrawal symptoms mellowed, but I was already tapering at that point. My doctor wouldn’t let me hold once I crossed over. They did gradually improve though.

I agree with Kit, I think it's WD from L. Ashton recommends using a combination of both over a period of time before crossing over completely to Valium. I also recommend holding until the symptoms subside.

Thank you

One missed dose won’t completely derail you. It might make you feel temporarily yucky, but once you’re back to your regular dosing you should be fine. Many of us forget to take a dose here and there. You will be ok. I doubt it’s neurological damage or tolerance. ❤️

I agree with Kit.  It's just the missed dose, you should be okay once you get back on your regular schedule. And if you are feeling really bad, take a half dose, that would probably help.  We all miss doses or accidentally take an extra.    ;)

Hello Kitsune,

I'm going to begin my crossover from Klonopin to Valium over 6 weeks and 3 weeks stabilisation, it comforts and encourage me reading you. The facts that it's going to minimized my withdrawal is great. Little question, how did you do to take the Klonopin 3 times a day to take the valium 2 times a day ?

Thank you

Armelle

Armelle  I'm going to jump in before Kit responds. Good on you for doing a gradual cross over. It should greatly minimize any WDs from K. Are you doing the Ashton cross over?

Hello Kitsune,

I'm going to begin my crossover from Klonopin to Valium over 6 weeks and 3 weeks stabilisation, it comforts and encourage me reading you. The facts that it's going to minimized my withdrawal is great. Little question, how did you do to take the Klonopin 3 times a day to take the valium 2 times a day ?

Thank you

Armelle

I was only dosing Klonopin twice a day, .5 mg AM/PM. I started by dropping .25 mg of my PM K dose and adding 5 mg of Valium (so .5 mg K AM, .25 mg K/5 mg V PM), hold for 2 weeks. 2nd step: Drop .25 PM dose of K add 5 mg V (.5 mg K AM/10 mg PM), hold 2 weeks. 3rd step: Drop .25 mg of AM K dose (.25 mg K/5 mg V AM, 10 mg V PM), hold 2 weeks. 4th step: 10 mg V AM/PM.

How much Klonopin are you taking? If you’re on 1.5 mg, the Ashton manual has taper schedule for that and I think it will be very helpful for you. I’m so glad my post has been encouraging to you.  :smitten: :smitten:

I had the best evening/night I have had in a long time. I actually felt like my old confident self again. That was until the morning came  :'(

I had the best evening/night I have had in a long time. I actually felt like my old confident self again. That was until the morning came  :'(

That will happen more tan, enjoy the good time.  ;).  Is that your dog?

Mary 🙋🏼🙋🏼😘😘🙏🙏😷😷😷😷😷

Hello group:

Read through recent comments and everyone seems to be rolling along. Congratulations to all making cuts and cross-overs :clap:

Cut.20 mg to 3 mg 10/25/20.

From 4 mg to 3 mg minimal to no sx's at 5% cuts every 14 to 20 days.

Cheers

Hello group:

Read through recent comments and everyone seems to be rolling along. Congratulations to all making cuts and cross-overs :clap:

Cut.20 mg to 3 mg 10/25/20.

From 4 mg to 3 mg minimal to no sx's at 5% cuts every 14 to 20 days.

Cheers

That's great blue!!  Good job  :smitten: :smitten: