Valium/Diazepam Support Group

[Di...]

-I just want all of you to know that you are all in my thoughts and prayers. 

---I have a question for the entire group.  I am currently on an am dose 4 mg,  afternoon 3 mg, and evening dose of 9.  I have sx but I'm functional enough to work from home, do things with the family, but I do need alone time and rest times.  I have good days and bad days. 

---My question is I'm tapering 6 % per month using a dry microtaper.  I am cutting out my afternoon dose first.    I am measuring my 3 mg using the scale, calibrating, and cutting. My afternoon dose is very precise because that is the one I'm tapering. 

Here is my question:  My average 2 mg pill weight is .159.    I've noticed I have pills that weigh .164 all the way down to .155.  For my morning and evening doses I just pop the pills.  Should I also be weighing pills in the am and evening to keep them around .159 OR does it all even out?  What do you all do?

TG, if you go to the Planning Your Taper section on Home Page, then click Titration thread, a lot of people on there are really good doing the math.  :)

Hi TG,

Glad to hear that you are functional and able to do some things but I do completely understand about trying to keep things low key and getting more down time.  I think we all need it in this and it's really hard with kids.  I am finding myself getting flustered and frustrated easily often and have to back away a bit, take a break, etc.  You have a lot on your plate working too, even if from home.  Hope you can find that time you need! 

I wouldn't worry about the pill weight of your other two doses.  Plus, thankfully with Valium, I believe it might be a little more forgiving at least at the higher doses.  However, I will tell you that going to liquid made my life MUCH easier and a microtaper less stressful.  I had my doctor prescribe the liquid AND the pills and now, am just on liquid.  I had no issues transitioning to the liquid either.  If anything, maybe better?  I would also reconsider eliminating doses.  What I would do before is taper down part of one of my doses (say AM), then go to the next one to even it up and then finally the last.  That's what I'm doing now to make it easier on my brain.  I am planning on doing it this way in .1 or .2mg increments until the end.

-I just want all of you to know that you are all in my thoughts and prayers. 

---I have a question for the entire group.  I am currently on an am dose 4 mg,  afternoon 3 mg, and evening dose of 9.  I have sx but I'm functional enough to work from home, do things with the family, but I do need alone time and rest times.  I have good days and bad days. 

---My question is I'm tapering 6 % per month using a dry microtaper.  I am cutting out my afternoon dose first.    I am measuring my 3 mg using the scale, calibrating, and cutting. My afternoon dose is very precise because that is the one I'm tapering. 

Here is my question:  My average 2 mg pill weight is .159.    I've noticed I have pills that weigh .164 all the way down to .155.  For my morning and evening doses I just pop the pills.  Should I also be weighing pills in the am and evening to keep them around .159 OR does it all even out?  What do you all do?

I wouldn’t worry about the weight of the pills you’re not tapering. As for the ones you are, the recommendation is to weigh 10 pills and take the average. Then use the average weight for your calculations.

Thanks so much for the tips.  I have this beautiful spreadsheet that someone put together for me with 6 % reductions each month.  I am forever thankful for this kind person who took time out of their lives to help me.  I was overwhelmed by their kindness.  I think I'm going to move forward with eliminating my afternoon dose.  I actually don't think I need it.  Afterwards, I will lower my evening dose a bit.   

I was just thinking because I'm being so precise with my afternoon dose and then I'm just popping the pills for my am and evening dose. It made me think, maybe I should be more strategic with my morning and evening doses.  I was so surprise to see how different each pill weighs.  One pill is .164 and another is .155.  WHen I averaged 15 pills it ended up being .159. 

I'm nervous about lowering my evening dose. I'm currently at 9 and I sleep through the entire night.  Ashton leaves the evening dose for last.  I wonder what her thinking was for this.  Maybe it's to increase sleep and healing.  That's just my guess.   

Hey BL, there just really isn't an accurate answer to that.  It is just different for everyone.  That's one of the things that suck most about benzo wd, we all react differently.  Good luck to you, hope it happens quickly  :)

I'm feeling very discouraged now. I wish I hadn't tapered so quickly, and found BenzoBuddies before I did. I'm just having stomach pain at this point. Oatmeal and bananas are all I can handle, and it hurts to even eat those. I have Olanzepine here, I'm considering going back on it for several days, and see if that helps. It was effective before in treating stomach pain and nausea when I couldn't eat after my mom's death, and ended up in a Psych hospital.

I did the exact same thing.  Tapered too fast before finding bb, but also since several times.

It sounds like you might have benzo belly.  There can be all kinds of symptoms and most of us get it at least at one point in taper.  If you go to the search engine and put in benzo belly, you will find lots of information.  Sorry you are struggling, hopefully you will get a break soon.  :)

TG, Ashton kept the PM dose for last because sleep is affected by nearly everyone in benzo withdrawal and keeping that dose helps people get as much sleep as possible. As far as the variation in weights goes, a very, very small amount of each tablet is actually benzo, most of it is fillers/binders, so the variation is more inactive ingredients than anything else. You are lucky to have someone to help you, I use a spreadsheet I made myself, but I know many buddies don’t have an easy time with the math.

Momof 7babes:  a couple months ago I ordered a journal with stickers.  At first I was logging my sx but then it turned into an appreciation journal of each of my days.  I realized I'm going to have sx.  It made me happy to write down things I was able to do.  Each day, I write down the things I'm able to do.  There are some days that I am just able to work and I have to rest/lay down the rest of the day.  My husband is very understanding and so are my kids, but I feel guilty.  The appreciation journal helps me to not feel guilty.  I don't take anything for granted anymore for example: 

Today:

-I worked from home and made money for the family (I'm in education)- It's a nice distraction too

-I spent time on BB and connecting with people (I have so much respect for everyone on here)

-I texted some friends

-I ordered some xmas gifts- online (loving amazon through this taper)

-Dropped and picked up my son to and from a playdate with his cousin 

In the past, this would have been nothing for me to do or accomplish, but it's hard for me now so I write it down so I can read about my strengths. 

Kitsun556- Yes. I was blown away by the kindness of this person.  THey put together a daily microtaper spreadsheet for me until I get down to 12 Mg. I am staying in connection with this person because they will help me adjust if needed.  I definitely needed help with the math and excel is hard for me.  Also, my new dr is super supportive and is willing to support me in a slow taper, which I really appreciate.  It's not the dr who put me on Benzo this summer while I had the flu (where this all began). 

I took the Olanzapine last night, stomach feels much better today. Plus, I slept through the night without waking up and feeling hot and restless. Been back on the Valium for a week now, so it seems to be starting to kick in. Will see what I can tolerate as far as food is concerned. I ate the usual bowl of oatmeal this morning.

I'm enrolled in a program that provides support services, and my Peer support person went to bring me more bananas. My Direct Care Worker was asked by her supervisor, bcause I called him to update him on what was going on, to come and spend an hour with me, even though it wasn't a scheduled day for her to come, because I was feeling so bad. Plus the head of the program, a social worker, called mt to check up on me. I think all that helped too, because I was feeling so discouraged and hopeless. 

I still haven't recovered from my missed dose, I continue to feel physical anxiety everyday is it possible that from missing 5 mg of valium for 10 hours tolerance occurs? I'm becoming desperate.

I took the Olanzapine last night, stomach feels much better today. Plus, I slept through the night without waking up and feeling hot and restless. Been back on the Valium for a week now, so it seems to be starting to kick in. Will see what I can tolerate as far as food is concerned. I ate the usual bowl of oatmeal this morning.

I'm enrolled in a program that provides support services, and my Peer support person went to bring me more bananas. My Direct Care Worker was asked by her supervisor, bcause I called him to update him on what was going on, to come and spend an hour with me, even though it wasn't a scheduled day for her to come, because I was feeling so bad. Plus the head of the program, a social worker, called mt to check up on me. I think all that helped too, because I was feeling so discouraged and hopeless.

That support service sounds great.  I am so glad you have it.  There are so many people that could use that, I wish it was more available.  I am glad you are feeling more hopeful!!  🙋🏼🙋🏼😘🙋🏼

That support service sounds great.  I am so glad you have it.  There are so many people that could use that, I wish it was more available.  I am glad you are feeling more hopeful!!  🙋🏼🙋🏼😘🙋🏼

I was referred to it by a hospital social worker, the last time I was hospitalized. My insurance covers it. It is a program the state sets up for anyone receiving Medicaid, or if their Private Insurance will cover it, the agency that provides the Direct Care Worker will provide that service. You need a referral from a medical provider. I'd suggest people contact their state's social services office to inquire what, if anything, is available in their state. Or try a social worker at a hospital.

And I was able to eat something other than oatmeal and bananas today, two soft-boiled eggs this afternoon.  ;D

I was referred to it by a hospital social worker, the last time I was hospitalized. My insurance covers it. It is a program the state sets up for anyone receiving Medicaid, or if their Private Insurance will cover it, the agency that provides the Direct Care Worker will provide that service. You need a referral from a medical provider. I'd suggest people contact their state's social services office to inquire what, if anything, is available in their state. Or try a social worker at a hospital.

And I was able to eat something other than oatmeal and bananas today, two soft-boiled eggs this afternoon.  ;D

:D.  Good for you! 🙋🏼😘🙏😷

I am going to switch from a low dose evening home liquid mixture Xanax (.10) to 2 mg liquid  Valium this coming week. Do other people feel Valium takes a few hours to work? When I have had it in the past, I felt more sleepy the next day if I took it at night so considering taking it in the late morning for my crossover.  My doctor only gave me two weeks for the crossover before I dose down so not sure how to go about that portion. Any advice would be great. 

Do other people feel Valium takes a few hours to work? When I have had it in the past, I felt more sleepy the next day if I took it at night so considering taking it in the late morning for my crossover. 

I fall asleep fairly quickly once I get into my bed. I don't feel sleepy the bext day. Maybe take it earlier in the evening, so you are really sleepy by bedtime?

Valium comes in a liquid formula, 5mg. You wouldn't have to make it from the pills. I had inquired at my pharmacy about liquid Valium, they don't keep it in stock, but pharmacist said he can order it if I need it. Just something to consider when you switch to Valium.

Do other people feel Valium takes a few hours to work? When I have had it in the past, I felt more sleepy the next day if I took it at night so considering taking it in the late morning for my crossover. 

I fall asleep fairly quickly once I get into my bed. I don't feel sleepy the bext day. Maybe take it earlier in the evening, so you are really sleepy by bedtime?

Valium comes in a liquid formula, 5mg. You wouldn't have to make it from the pills. I had inquired at my pharmacy about liquid Valium, they don't keep it in stock, but pharmacist said he can order it if I need it. Just something to consider when you switch to Valium.

I use Liquid Diazapam too and my pharmacy had to order it, but no problem.  Mine is around $25, some more than pills, but not much.  And so much easier to use.  :)

Hello benzo buddies,

I'm 2/3rds done with my crossover to Diazepam. The early returns have been promising as I've been able to sleep through the night and have been able to act more on my interest in the day.

I'm on an accelerated crossover plan. I'm feeling very groggy, heaviness in the head, dizziness and blurry eyes. As I go on, will this increase or go away? I'm having an extremely hard time. Any tips on how to manage these side effects? I'm thinking about not replacing my noon dose completely and just substituting it with 2.5mg Diazepam and slowly tapering off the remaining 0.125 of Xanax to lessen the drowsiness.

Thank you!

Millet

Hello benzo buddies,

I'm 2/3rds done with my crossover to Diazepam. The early returns have been promising as I've been able to sleep through the night and have been able to act more on my interest in the day.

I'm on an accelerated crossover plan. I'm feeling very groggy, heaviness in the head, dizziness and blurry eyes. As I go on, will this increase or go away? I'm having an extremely hard time. Any tips on how to manage these side effects? I'm thinking about not replacing my noon dose completely and just substituting it with 2.5mg Diazepam and slowly tapering off the remaining 0.125 of Xanax to lessen the drowsiness.

Thank you!

Millet

Hey Millet, I had the same problem, diazepam made me so sleepy, I could barely hold my head up.

I think , just my opinion, holding on to that amount of Xanax is a good idea.  I had to go back, add some Xanax back in, drop some Valium and hold for awhile.  Then slowly tapered the Xanax. I still have

blurry eyes and muscle pain.  Everybody adjusts to the meds on a different timeline.  Hope yours adjusts quickly.  Good luck!  Mary 🙋🏼

Millet,

I'm not sure what is best but I can tell you that I also had a hard time on my c/o, especially with extreme head pain/pressure, heavy head and burning muscle pain.  I thought about doing something similar as you describe and staying on both benzos.  My doctor would not allow that and I'm so glad for it in the end, as thankfully, all of those symptoms pretty much dissipated for me by the end of my c/o, which took about 5-6 weeks.  Glad to hear that you are doing better!  What a blessing.

Hi there x I did CO to vodka water mix last night. Had adrenaline surges and now feel very nauseous. Is it typical to have a reaction to CO or is this just a wave x

I can tell you I experienced HORRID reactions when I tried that solution with Klonopin tablets... tried to stick with it but after 4 days of getting worse, gave up.  I have had zero issues on liquid valium prescription (Roxane/Westward), however. 

Thanks mom x god why does this have to be so hard. I feel like I’m going to be stuck on this forever the rate I’m going. So mom are u on k liquid or v liquid?