Valium/Diazepam Support Group

[Di...]

Does the Val cause sensitivity to sounds, lights etc, waves, etc? Or, is it the withdrawal from Lor?

I'd say withdrawal from the Lorazepam, I went through is while recovering from Klonopin. 

Does the Val cause sensitivity to sounds, lights etc, waves, etc? Or, is it the withdrawal from Lor?

Those sound like withdrawal symptoms from the lorazepam. You may experience those symptoms later on in your taper when you get to lower doses of Valium too, but you shouldn’t be having WDs from the Valium at this point.

Last year when I jumped off Valium I had really bad sensitivities to light and sound.

Withdrawal can last a long time, beings you’re taking another benzo it will likely smooth out faster, but what your experiencing is normal withdrawal symptoms. No one knows for sure how long it will take for you to feel better, but you will.

Hello group:

Read through recent comments and everyone seems to be rolling along. Congratulations to all making cuts and cross-overs :clap:

Cut.20 mg to 3 mg 10/25/20.

From 4 mg to 3 mg minimal to no sx's at 5% cuts every 14 to 20 days.

Cheers

That's great blue!!  Good job  :smitten: :smitten:

Thanks, Mary

Forgot to mention tinnitus seems to have gone on a vacation.

Though been dealing with mucho constant lower back pain. Got a bit too frisky cleaning a room and walking with two three-pound weights in circles around the house. Long-standing 14 years and one surgery. When it dampens down think it is time for PT. Prefer no more surgery. In fact, it is time to lose some serious gut-weight! Never used opiates so just bearing it out with some light stretches, ice, heat, and short walks around the house every hour or so.

If it's not one thing it's another.

Cheers

100 questions!  Does val cause facial flushing?

That also sounds like a WD symptom from the lorazepam. When in doubt, I check the Ashton manual’s list of common withdrawal symptoms.  I think Valium’s most common side effect is sedation (which is also why people take it). Valium can also cause depression, but really I think most of what you’re dealing with is due to lorazepam withdrawal.

Ashton manual list of WD symptoms:

https://www.benzo.org.uk/manual/bzcha03.htm

Hello group:

Read through recent comments and everyone seems to be rolling along. Congratulations to all making cuts and cross-overs :clap:

Cut.20 mg to 3 mg 10/25/20.

From 4 mg to 3 mg minimal to no sx's at 5% cuts every 14 to 20 days.

Cheers

That's great blue!!  Good job  :smitten: :smitten:

Thanks, Mary

Forgot to mention tinnitus seems to have gone on a vacation.

Though been dealing with mucho constant lower back pain. Got a bit too frisky cleaning a room and walking with two three-pound weights in circles around the house. Long-standing 14 years and one surgery. When it dampens down think it is time for PT. Prefer no more surgery. In fact, it is time to lose some serious gut-weight! Never used opiates so just bearing it out with some light stretches, ice, heat, and short walks around the house every hour or so.

If it's not one thing it's another.

Cheers

Amen woman.  My back is my main problem, so I know how you feel.  Benzo's suck!  🙋🏼🙋🏼😘😘

Please help I don’t know what to do. Jump from zop 27 days ago Valium down to 1.5 from 1.75 as per my signature, I have only had 5 hours sleep in 6 days should I reinstate please help struggling

Please help I don’t know what to do. Jump from zop 27 days ago Valium down to 1.5 from 1.75 as per my signature, I have only had 5 hours sleep in 6 days should I reinstate please help struggling

Shayna, did you hold at all after you jumped?  That maybe why you are feeling so badly.  If you are feeling really bad, you can certainly go back to 1.75 and hold for awhile, let your brain and central nervous system calm down.  Then when you do start tapering, maybe a smaller dose at a time.

That was almost 15%.  As low as you are, just my opinion, I would cut less and see how how feel, then use that to gage your next cut.  Hope you feel better soon.  Mary 🙋🏼🙋🏼😘😷🙏

Hey all I missed my 5 mg dose in the evening and now I'm having anxiety in the late morning till around 3 to 4 pm. Could this be due to neurological damage and/or tolerance?

Thank you

One missed dose won’t completely derail you. It might make you feel temporarily yucky, but once you’re back to your regular dosing you should be fine. Many of us forget to take a dose here and there. You will be ok. I doubt it’s neurological damage or tolerance. ❤️

I agree with Kit.  It's just the missed dose, you should be okay once you get back on your regular schedule. And if you are feeling really bad, take a half dose, that would probably help.  We all miss doses or accidentally take an extra.    ;)

Today I had physical anxiety in the morning and yesterday in the evening.. Will I recover from this?

Hi Mary I held 8 days. Then 12. Too fast x I’ll slow down think will get liquid now x

I use Liquid  ;). Makes cutting so much easier  ;).  Hope you feel better soon!    Mary 🙋🏼😘🙏😷

Thanks Mary I will. I saw on another thread a buddie using 2mg tab with 200ml water to make solution. Can I do that or is actually pharmacy liquid better? Just worried about price of pharmacy one

Thanks Mary I will. I saw on another thread a buddie using 2mg tab with 200ml water to make solution. Can I do that or is actually pharmacy liquid better? Just worried about price of pharmacy one

My Liquid is 27.00,  You can make your own, but you need to dissolve your pill in a tiny bit of alcohol , then water.  Just water isn't enough .  The pharmacy is probably the best, but you can definitely do your own also.  I am not good at explaining how to make it, so I would double check on the tapering thread..a lot of people make their own .  :)

Well I’m finally off Xanax and fully over to 19mgs Valium (I’ll update sig later today) I made my first cut of .5mg Valium and having decent insomnia 14 days after the cut and hold, I’ve only been off of Xanax for 30 days so the sleep could have something to do with that as well right? It’s nice to be on just one med now, I have a long journey ahead but hoping it’s smoother than the Xanax experience...

Well I’m finally off Xanax and fully over to 19mgs Valium (I’ll update sig later today) I made my first cut of .5mg Valium and having decent insomnia 14 days after the cut and hold, I’ve only been off of Xanax for 30 days so the sleep could have something to do with that as well right? It’s nice to be on just one med now, I have a long journey ahead but hoping it’s smoother than the Xanax experience...

Good on you for crossing over to Valium. Since it's only been 30 days off of X you're probably having some residual effects from it. Once you stabilize I'm sure you'll have a successful tape

Does anyone know anything about metabolism of Valium?

I found out too late that I am an ultra rapid metabolizer.  What a rocky road.  Already dose 4 times a day. 

This is still possible to taper from?  Pray so. Been rough. 

Love to all

❤️Uni

I found out too late that I am an ultra rapid metabolizer.  What a rocky road.  Already dose 4 times a day. 

Love to all

❤️Uni

Sorry you're going through a rough patch Uni. Blue001 has a good post a few pages back on how Valium metabolizes. It's totally possible to taper from. In fact it's the best benzo to do it if you're concerned with interdose WD.

I took my 10 mg of valium right now and I'm feeling weird. A bit physical unrest lingers on the background. Will I recover from the missed dose a week before on thursday? I took lions mane 3 days ago and it apparently detoxifies toxins including Valium probably, so I might have gotten tolerance from that as well. I felt more physical anxiety when I took it, a lot more. It subsided afterwards.

This morning I woke up with massive physical anxiety, which could have been due to the chicken slices I took on this home made pizza I ate yesterday. I usually get physical unrest from it because it has a lot of ingredients in it.

Love to all

❤️Uni

Uni, I have read a lot of people are rapid metabolizers, I haven't been tested , but I think I am.  I haven't been tested because I sure don't want to cross again.  I hate Valium but I am stuck with it at this point.  You could try search engine or ask on Withdrawal Support.  Sorry you are struggling.  Thinking about you, if you find something, please post it .  Love ya, 🙋🏼🙋🏼😘😘🙏🙏😷. 👻🎃

Uni, do you know which genes you are specifically a rapid metabolizer for? I had the genetic testing done and I’m a ultra rapid metabolizer for one gene, but it’s not the main one that controls metabolizing Valium, although it is involved.

Uni, do you know which genes you are specifically a rapid metabolizer for? I had the genetic testing done and I’m a ultra rapid metabolizer for one gene, but it’s not the main one that controls metabolizing Valium, although it is involved.

Interesting Kit. Do you remember which gene it was? I did genetic testing too but I don't remember coming across any gene other than MTHFR.