Valium/Diazepam Support Group

[Di...]

Hi Mary. Glad to read your test is over. I hope your stomach gives you a break soon.

Well yes, we can use some cheering for our weight loss program that's for sure. Whenever we lose a pound you can cheer. It's super hard for me to lose weight. It takes effort, and all my efforts are invested in all the other stuff that's going on, on top of glutamate damage.

Mom of 7 you seem to be doing so well.

Val,

I'm doing fine.  I had a wave (with hypersensitive senses) for a few days that scared me but held for several days and it subsided. It was right around my cycle and I definitely seem to notice more issues then.  I am doing so much better but as we know, "party" sure isn't over yet.  Like many here, tapering at a turtle's pace and still not very low in dose.  I'm not sure if what I'm doing is helping but with my liquid valium which I now add to water at a 1:20 ratio (have switched up methods), I hold it under my tongue for about a minute, then swallow and don't drink anything else for a while.  I can't say for certain this is helpful but it seems logical that maybe I'm absorbing some sublingually? 

I hope you are hanging in there......looks like you have cut a little more and hopefully, are doing ok with it and can move forward? Blessings!

Thanks for all the replies about the weight gain.  It would be nice to have the stamina to just walk a bit on the treadmill for more than 5 minutes without feeling like you just ran a marathon.  All we can do is take it one day at a time and keep pushing toward that finish line.  I am down to nearly 4.5 mg a day from 15 mg, which seems like a life time ago...17 months, ugh!!

Mary, you spoke of benzo belly, which is one sx that I have not read any information about.  Can anyone that has had this explain it to me and what, if anything, you can do about it?  I used to spend my days reading about many of the wd sx, but I found that only add to my anxiety and depression, so I made myself just accept what ever sx came with each day.  It's kind of like Forrest Gump and the box of chocolates, each day it seems to be something different.

JoJo, benzo belly is digestive issues a huge part of us have.  There are gaba receptors in your stomach as well as your brain.  Your gut is your second brain.  There are all kinds of symptoms that go a long with it.  Everyone's is different.  Gas, bloating, constipation, diarrhea, pain, it's endless.  And the big belly .....ugh.  You can look on the Homepage and put benzo belly in the search engine and get a lot of info.    :)

Hi group

Not much activity around these parts lately. Dropping another 5% today to 3.42 mg. after two weeks at 3.6 mg. Didn't notice any dramatic SX's from 3.8 mg to 3.6 mg.

Cheers

Blue001

Hi group

Not much activity around these parts lately. Dropping another 5% today to 3.42 mg. after two weeks at 3.6 mg. Didn't notice any dramatic SX's from 3.8 mg to 3.6 mg.

Cheers

Blue001

Cheered to you Blue!  I hope this cut is as easy as the last!! 

Mary 🙋🏼😘🙏😷

Hello all, I'm new here and want to pose a question to you. I am currently trying to taper off from 15mg Valium coming from Ativan. During being on Ativan I had interdose withdrawal with anxiety. Now on Valium I have these feelings a lot less but now I am experiencing a down, depressive feeling all day long which started when I started tapering the Valium. It is very uncomfortable to say te least but can this be an effect of Valium, the tapering process or is it me having a depression? Any input is appreciated! Thanks and best to all of you going through this difficult time. Greetings Pecoro.

Hey Pecorino, depression is a common symptom of Valium.  It is probably a symptom of all 3.  A common symptom of Valium is depression, a side effect, also .  It's also a symptom of withdrawal, and all those things are probably making you depressed.  So , imo, it's a good chance , it's all 3.

Hopefully it will ease quickly.  Good luck!!  Mary 🙋🏼

Thanks Mary! I want to add that after the crossover from Ativan to Valium and things had settled down I felt good and no depression occurred. This only started after a few weeks of (too fast) tapering when I hit 11mg, accompanied with severe headaches. They never really left me since. I therefore see a relation between the tapering and the depression. The role of Valium you just explained to me, and may add to the mix. I am holding my taper now because of this and hope it will subside with time. I am afraid of making a new cut as long as this persists. Greetings Pecoro.

Thanks Mary! I want to add that after the crossover from Ativan to Valium and things had settled down I felt good and no depression occurred. This only started after a few weeks of (too fast) tapering when I hit 11mg, accompanied with severe headaches. They never really left me since. I therefore see a relation between the tapering and the depression. The role of Valium you just explained to me, and may add to the mix. I am holding my taper now because of this and hope it will subside with time. I am afraid of making a new cut as long as this persists. Greetings Pecoro.

That's a great decision Pecoro.  I hope your symptoms ease ver soon.  We are always here to support you  :)🙋🏼🙋🏼

Momofbabes- so sorry for the late reply - thanks for the feedback. Off topic - Unfortunately I’ve discovered that a supplement Ive been using to sleep has a drug called phenibut in it and is difficult to get off of and I’m tapering that now (yay). So I’m not even sure where the withdrawals are coming from. I’ve stopped my Benzo taper while I taper this phenibut- which has much of the same withdrawal symptoms.

Momofbabes- so sorry for the late reply - thanks for the feedback. Off topic - Unfortunately I’ve discovered that a supplement Ive been using to sleep has a drug called phenibut in it and is difficult to get off of and I’m tapering that now (yay). So I’m not even sure where the withdrawals are coming from. I’ve stopped my Benzo taper while I taper this phenibut- which has much of the same withdrawal symptoms.

Glad you know to taper the phenibut. I just learned about the drug recently when I was looking up information on a related drug. I think you’re smart to taper one at a time.

Glad you know to taper the phenibut. I just learned about the drug recently when I was looking up information on a related drug. I think you’re smart to taper one at a time.

I started to become aware thanks to bb about gaba agonists and started really to look at ingredients in things. The supplement is called Gaba Max and it lists Phenyl-GABA as it’s main ingredient, which I carelessly assumes was something like the GABA you get in natural supplements.  It was only when I looked it up I discovered it was phenibut. Long story short it explained why my withdrawals were so much worse than I felt they should be - I was withdrawing from both it and benzos at once. As if benzos isn’t bad enough.

I can't remember now  :-\ but regarding  using PG as a Solvent for Diazepam, PG do you let the pill whole  soak for a bit in PG  then add water? If  so how long? And does this then make a Solution or a suspension?

Nova xxx  :smitten: :smitten:  :smitten:

I can't remember now  :-\ but regarding  using PG as a Solvent for Diazepam, PG do you let the pill whole  soak for a bit in PG  then add water? If  so how long? And does this then make a Solution or a suspension?

Nova, I let the pill sit in the PG for a while. It takes longer than with vodka to dissolve. I have glass stirring sticks to help break up the pill and move the process along a bit faster. As far as whether it makes a solution or suspension, I don’t think any of us know for sure because no one has done the chemical analysis. I treated it like a suspension and shook the mixture each time before drawing my dose:

How do I get my friend to realize they can taper off Valium? They’ve been through a lot, not just with benzos.

Unfortunately many (including me) thought they could just CT and found out the hard way that this is serious business and need to taper slowly. Does your friend want to get off of Valium and doesn't know how? I would introduce him to BB.

I am tapering tonight.  Going from 18 MG Diazapam to 17.  I'm tapering my evening dose now.  I'm flip flopping between morning, noon, and night.  I have a question.  I have anxiety from the cross from X to Diazapam. But I'm still functional. I"m really scared that I will get worse as I cut.  I also feel like I have to cut because I believe I build tollerance pretty fast.  I'm not one of those people that can cut and hold for a few months (I don't think). 

Are you all functional?  Are you very sick?  Can you tell me about your experience?  Thank you.   

I read a little of your posts, Tallgolfer.  So sorry for all that you have experienced.  I'm a mom of 7 kids myself, who also had to quit job, and can completely empathize with the situation that you are in.  Is there any way that your doctor will allow you to microtaper?  This doesn't even necessarily mean that you go ultra slow, though it may mean that.  You could start out faster and slow down along the way.  I microtaper using a combination of the pills and liquid valium prescription. 

Compared to being in tolerance on Klonopin and the horrendous experience I was having tapering it, Valium has been much kinder to me.....so far.  I went from a completely non-functional out-of-my mind mess (lots of physical symptoms included) to now being functional mentally and physically.  Still lots of brain fog, forgetfulness and there's no way I could work....however, I can be a mom with my kids living at home now.  I'm not losing my mind and in agony from my physical sx.  Am I still afraid I could fall back into the pit of hell?  Yes but I'm trying to overcome that, knowing that I just have to accept whatever comes and keep moving forward.....and I also know that I may not experience all I did again.  So I just try to take one day at a time and per my recent therapy appointment, I will soon be trying to think of what options are available if the situation does take a turn for the worst.

Wishing you all the best!

thanks Mom of 7 babies.  I really like your ideas.  I will talk to my doctor.  I would need a liquid valium with no alcohol. Does your liquid valium have alcohol?  When I tapered down from 20 to 19 to 18 to 17.  I felt the cuts but they are still in the 5 % range.  I have been cutting every 3 weeks.  I don't think I'm able to hold.  However, once I get to 16 and below, I still want to stick to that 5% which means less than a MG.  How are you doing mom of 7 babies?  How are you holding up? I have three kids.  I'm doing my best to be functional for them.  Just planned a party for my little girl. It almost killed me but I did it. Just had family over. 

TG if you’re in the USA the liquid Valium only has alcohol if the doctor prescribes the “intensol” or concentrated 5 mg/1 ml liquid. The one most of us use is NOT the intensol version and does not contain alcohol, it uses propylene glycol as a solvent and is 5 mg/5 ml concentration. They’re both manufactured by the same company, Roxane/West-Ward.

TG, It's not easy having 7 but it's not easy having 3 either.  Mine range in ages 4-18 so thankfully, the older kids do help.  It's actually easier now than it was when we only had 3 younger kids honestly.  Good job on doing a party, even if it was family!!   

So you could stick to your 5% range but do it over the course of the same amount of time.  I have only held 3 days in 10 months so far but I'm having to go ultra slow and will be slowing down even further.  I will only hold a maximum of 1-2 weeks if needed.  A long hold in my past came back to bite me but I know others have benefitted so it's all individual.  I use the 1mg/1ML version that kitsune described. 

Nova, I let the pill sit in the PG for a while. It takes longer than with vodka to dissolve. I have glass stirring sticks to help break up the pill and move the process along a bit faster. As far as whether it makes a solution or suspension, I don’t think any of us know for sure because no one has done the chemical analysis. I treated it like a suspension and shook the mixture each time before drawing my dose:

Thanks Kit  :hug:  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: