Valium/Diazepam Support Group

[Di...]

[1c...]

Checking in here.

I've hit 3mg and incredible pain. Constant inner vibrations, muscle/joint pain, morning blasts, head pressure, visual issues, chilis, burning all of it.

Kasey, did holding at 3 help?

Desperate here; do not want to up dose. I've up dosed in the past only to travel the same road again.

Marija

I'm so sorry Marija. I am at 5.25 here. Every time I've gotten into bad trouble I've held And been able to get out of the wave (sometimes it can take a while). I'm never symptom free though. Sometimes cutting helps me too. It's all so unpredictable. I would say definitely don't updose. I don't think it will help. Etown always tells me to white knuckle it and somehow I manage to get through. Anyway, hang in there. You will figure out what to do.

Hope,

thanks for responding and the encouragement. I agree with not up dosing. As difficult as this is going up only means coming back down this pain path again. Just hasn't worked for me in the last. I'll white knuckle another week. Incredible!

Good to hear you're at 5.25!  And, how's your daughter, Hope?  Better, I'm hoping. 

Marija

[1c...]

Checking in here.

I've hit 3mg and incredible pain. Constant inner vibrations, muscle/joint pain, morning blasts, head pressure, visual issues, chilis, burning all of it.

Kasey, did holding at 3 help?

Desperate here; do not want to up dose. I've up dosed in the past only to travel the same road again.

Marija

I'm so sorry Marija. I am at 5.25 here. Every time I've gotten into bad trouble I've held And been able to get out of the wave (sometimes it can take a while). I'm never symptom free though. Sometimes cutting helps me too. It's all so unpredictable. I would say definitely don't updose. I don't think it will help. Etown always tells me to white knuckle it and somehow I manage to get through. Anyway, hang in there. You will figure out what to do.

Hi girls!!! boy how I have missed you - Marija I am so sorry for your suffering.  Hope - well said, it is so unpredictable.

Marija- I held for  about 2 weeks, then I resumed my reductions of .01ml every 3rd day for a week or so, then every other day  for a week or so & then every day. I had to ease myself back into my DLMT. It was as if my body had to relearn to taper. Because you know I am also on HRT & Benzo's affect the metabolism of HRT - I had my Estradiol lab level rechecked so I could adjust that as needed. For me, I have learned that when i can keep my E2# stable and at a blood level that is therapeutic for my brain, I am able to taper smoothly ( maintain that baseline).  I now have my E2# checked weekly and adjust accordingly, wh/ has made an enormous positive difference in my ability to MT.   

Please feel free to PM me & we can chat about that if you are up to it.

Hey HOPE - you are cruising down on your overall # - that is fantastic!!! :smitten:

Thanks, Kasey. Hold I will and then reassess moving forward. Much slower, frustratingly. Yes, fluctuation estrogen complicates this mess.

You're certainly way down there, Kasey!!  I can see your checkered flags.

Marija

Just saw this, Marija. I'm sorry that you're in such a rough spot. But you are REALLY getting lower. I'm so proud of you and fully understand what you're going through.  I echo the sentiments of the group in that I feel you shouldn't updose. Hang in tight for another week or two and after that, try cutting a little. Trust me, I know just how it feels to feel boxed in like you can't make a move to free yourself of the torment. I always just pushed ahead in one manner or another and somehow just skated by. I'm sure you can do this!

:smitten:

Ed

[1c...]

Just saw this, Marija. I'm sorry that you're in such a rough spot. But you are REALLY getting lower. I'm so proud of you and fully understand what you're going through.  I echo the sentiments of the group in that I feel you shouldn't updose. Hang in tight for another week or two and after that, try cutting a little. Trust me, I know just how it feels to feel boxed in like you can't make a move to free yourself of the torment. I always just pushed ahead in one manner or another and somehow just skated by. I'm sure you can do this!

:smitten:

Ed

Ed, thank you for your words of support.  You DO know the depths of this and I think of you often.

It is helpful to hear everyone's thoughts on this sticky point.

Hoping your days are improving, Ed, and that time is proving the best medicine.

You take good care. I'll stop by your blog and catch up....

Marija

So glad to see the gang! Kasey you really are getting close! Marija, my daughter was diagnosed with intestinal giardiasis. We picked it up at the lake we swam at right before school started. She is better but not perfect. GI doc has recommended 2 weeks of Flagyl for treatment and we just started that yesterday. It took forever to get her test results back. Anyway, I have called the health department here in town as the lake is supposed to be chlorinated and shouldn't be full of bugs! They told me there is another case under investigation there. Great!

[1c...]

So glad to see the gang! Kasey you really are getting close! Marija, my daughter was diagnosed with intestinal giardiasis. We picked it up at the lake we swam at right before school started. She is better but not perfect. GI doc has recommended 2 weeks of Flagyl for treatment and we just started that yesterday. It took forever to get her test results back. Anyway, I have called the health department here in town as the lake is supposed to be chlorinated and shouldn't be full of bugs! They told me there is another case under investigation there. Great!

I've missed this gang.  :)  Suffering in silence can only go so far.....

What a way to start school :(. Frustrating with the lab delay, too.

Read at Ed's on your continued nanny "experiences"!  Yikes, Hope!

Hope you both are feeling better, today.

I have a yucky cold and was up half the night coughing. So I'm not going to be very productive today. Don't be a stranger Marija, we need to keep each other going to the finish line! Yes it's never ending drama here. Have to ask my pdoc if he can see my babysitter 🙄

This is my first day of trying again.  You can tell from my signature that I ran into trouble a while back, and then stabilized at a higher dose.  ALL of my withdrawal symptoms went away during this past two-year period, but I am encouraged to try again to get all the way off because my balance needs improvement.

I never had balance issues with Valium until I got older.  I am much improved from where I was at the beginning with 15 mg. in three doses each day, but I am older now and I don't want to have to use a walker prematurely.

If I start having nightmares again with threatened psychosis, I will hold, and then reduce even more gradually.  There has got to be a way.  I use no-doz to counteract the ennui of Valium, and so I know that I don't actually need the Valium at all.  It is just the withdrawal that is hard.

You all helped me reduce over three years, two years ago.  I love this forum.

[1c...]

I have a yucky cold and was up half the night coughing. So I'm not going to be very productive today. Don't be a stranger Marija, we need to keep each other going to the finish line! Yes it's never ending drama here. Have to ask my pdoc if he can see my babysitter 🙄

How are your withdrawal symptoms while battling germ warfare? 

Will you keep her on or look for yet another? 

I'll be right beside you as we grit our way through this :)

HOPE & Marija, I'm climbing in the boat w ya, we will row together up this tapering, c/h, healing rip current. It's happening!!! :smitten:

[1c...]

HOPE & Marija, I'm climbing in the boat w ya, we will row together up this tapering, c/h, healing rip current. It's happening!!! :smitten:

Of course, Kasey!!!  We'd be lost without you :smitten:

How are your symptoms?

Of course, Kasey!!!  We'd be lost without you :smitten:

How are your symptoms?

AWE - thanks for asking of me!

I am for the most part able to maintain my 'yucky' baseline. That very baseline that I covet when i slide into a wave. When I notice that my symptoms are a bit more intense, I try to nip it in the bud and hold for a day or so. Wh/ generally enables me to shift back to that baseline.  If I may encourage any of us out there....... I have been very slowly doing a LMT , I have realized in the past 3 months that as I have windows - more of the old fun me is returning. Most in the personality and emotional area. I am far from being healed - but I can tell that healing is happening & progress is being made.  :smitten:

That's encouraging kasey! Lately I've been feeling a bit of my old personality coming back too as I get lower. As far as the sitter Marija, we worked things out for now. I started looking again halfheartedly but as long as she shows from now on it should work. I hope 😳

Benzo brain, I forgot to answer your question Marija. I'm feeling yucky with my cold. I was up half the night coughing last night. And I'm extra tired. No fun.

[1c...]

That is encouraging, Kasey.

I, too, have noticed a few things improving like the nightmares while at the higher dosages. Those were horrid. Always conflict resolution with death and anger. Glad to be rid of those.

Hope - The dreaded flu/cold season is upon. Unavoidable with your daughter in school where germs like to be!! Feel better soon, Hope.

Ps - will you get the flu shot?  I'm on the fence.....little concerned I may flare....hmm

I did ok with the flu shot last year. I'm planning on getting it, but I want this cold to clear up first. I've gotten one every year since I started med school back in 1997. Now I'm dating myself 😱

[1c...]

Hope, have you recovered from your cold?  How's your daughter?

Wanted to ask your thoughts on propanalol. I'm hesitant to take it but the akathisia is horrid. Is this a safe drug in your opinion?  Easy to taper off of?

Marija

[1c...]

Maria, I'm so sorry you are experiencing akathisia. It is truly a horrid sx. I hope you find relief soon.

Thank you, Left. Wouid like to be done with this symptom.

How are you feeling?

Wanted to ask your thoughts on propanalol. I'm hesitant to take it but the akathisia is horrid. Is this a safe drug in your opinion?  Easy to taper off of?

Marija

I'm a lot better from my cold thanks! Daughter is ok, just hating her two week course of Flagyl. Sorry about the akathisia. Is that new for you? I take propranolol off and on. I just take the short release version which you can take as needed (just 10 mg) and I don't take it more than once a day. Since I just take as needed I haven't had to worry about weaning it. Anyway, it's been good for me, helps with heart pounding and the shakes I wake up with at 3 am.

[1c...]

Marija

I'm a lot better from my cold thanks! Daughter is ok, just hating her two week course of Flagyl. Sorry about the akathisia. Is that new for you? I take propranolol off and on. I just take the short release version which you can take as needed (just 10 mg) and I don't take it more than once a day. Since I just take as needed I haven't had to worry about weaning it. Anyway, it's been good for me, helps with heart pounding and the shakes I wake up with at 3 am.

Glad you've both turned the corner!

Do you wake up routinely at 3:00am? What do your shakes feel like, Hope?  Does it have a pain component?

I always get blasted at 4:30 with a very predictable, cyclical inner vibrations and pain blast. Lasts for hours.  :( Doctors do not understand what it is.

Any side effects from propanalol that you've noticed?

My shakes are like the inner tremor I always have but is worse when I wake at 3 am. I always wake at 2-3 am with my heart pounding. The propranolol helps me go back to sleep. The symptoms are easier to ignore during the day. I've had no bad side effects from the propranolol except some dizziness once when I doubled the dose and took 20mg. My shakes don't cause pain but I have plenty of muscle spasm but it's separate from the tremors.

Maria, I'm so sorry you are experiencing akathisia. It is truly a horrid sx. I hope you find relief soon.

Thank you, Left. Wouid like to be done with this symptom.

How are you feeling?

Marija, I'm struggling along like many of us here. The pulled SCM is a continual problem and I have full blown TMJD from the clenching and grinding... PFT!!!!

But look at you...down to 3.1 mgs that's awesome!!!

Like you and Hope, I used to wake up at 3:00 am like clockwork with anxiety, shakes, etc. I did some research and found this old thread on Vitamin C and Cortisol.

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=84996.msg1171323#msg1171323

Posts 198, 200, and 210 are a good overall summary on the Cortisol/Vitamin C Connection

I don't expect that Vitamin C and the adrenal cocktail will work for everyone, but it has helped me tremendously so I thought I'd pass the info along.

Hi Marija, Hope and Left,

I C'T'd from 4mg Valium 6 weeks ago. It hasn't been easy but I was struggling so much while on Valium and before that lorazepam. As I compare how I feel today and how I was then, I'm experiencing more shaking, sweating and night sweats now, my tinnitus got much worse but my anxiety is much better. Sleeping has been all over the place with some good days and bad days. I actually had 5 good days in a row from last Tuesday to Saturday. They weren't perfect but very little anxiety and my mood was good.

Since I C/T'd I stopped taking my vitamins as I read they could interfere with the withdrawal. I was taking vitamin C, D, E, Omega 3 and Magnesium. The magnesium I used to take at bedtime. The vitamin C in the morning to help with the Cortisol. It honestly never did a thing for me. So it seems that I haven't missed my vitamins. So Saturday morning I wanted to try a vitamin called Stress Ease. I should have looked at the ingredients because it has a lot of Vitamin B and I think this is not good for anxiety. Not sure if it was a coincidence or not but I began to feel more jittery and more anxious both yesterday and today. I'm feeling quite horrible. Increased anxiety and fear, nervousness, fast shallow breathing, internal shaking, nausea and tinnitus. So yesterday and today seems like an increase in my mental symptoms which are worst.

I won't take any benzos because I know I wasn't well on them. I just took 200mg of Gabapentin which have worked on and off in the past. I'm hooping I can get some relief soon.