Valium/Diazepam Support Group

[Di...]

Thank you all for your input.  I made the switch to Diazepam last Monday, and it isn't going too bad.  The first day and a half were rough, but seem to be doing better on it than I was on the Ativan.  I absolutely crashed when I dropped to 0.15 mg of Ativan, and wasn't getting any better, and the inter-dose withdrawals were killing me.  I have been tolerating Diazepam relatively well so far.  I was so nervous as it always induced panic attacks in the past.  It does increase my hear rate ab out 20-30 minutes after, but other than that, it's been so much better.  I'm hoping that the cuts are a bit easier on me than the Ativan was.  How long do you all usually feel a cut from Diazepam?  Thank you all so much for your support.  :)

Days three and 10 when I did cut and hold.  Just a minimal amount of background sxs on DMLT.  :)--V

Days 4 and 10 were nasty back when I did C/H.

Days 3 and 8 were bad for me. It weird how with Valium you get a double hit with each cut.

Thank you for your responses.  :)  How often do you all typically dose?  Just wondering if perhaps it might be more beneficial for me to dose three times a day instead of two. 

Thank you for your responses.  :)  How often do you all typically dose?  Just wondering if perhaps it might be more beneficial for me to dose three times a day instead of two.

I've done 4,3,2 and now 1. I think more dosing more often helped at the higher levels, but hasn't seemed to make as much difference as I've gotten lower.  I went to 1 just for convenience.  :)--V

Hi all,

I guess my question is how many times a day do most people dose with Valium? I was on Xanax for so long I'm more knowledgeable about how it affects my body but Valium is a relatively new med for me..... relatively... 5 months..

thanks

SS

I'm not sure if any of the old crew is still hanging out here, but I thought I'd pop in for a short update. I'm about to celebrate 10 months benzo-free and everything is going so well. I've felt more or less normal since about the eight month mark! The only remaining symptoms are occasional ear pain and zaps near my temple, but it's no big deal at all. Absolutely no mental symptoms. I never dreamed I could feel this normal again. In fact, I have dealt with all my triggers (such as having a vertigo attack in public) and I handled it with some serious grace! ;) I'm feeling pretty capable these days and I actually feel that I have my benzo journey to thank for that. It made me so much stronger.

If anyone is interested in an update on the gastro issues I posted about, it turns out that I am intolerant to wheat, rye, barley, oats, rice, all seafood, and mold type cheeses. My liver is also enlarged again, so I am eating high protein and cutting out sugars and saturated fats, not snacking after meals, and not eating after dinnertime. I've only been doing this for a short time but I've had near complete relief. I've still got to have a bit more testing done to make sure it isn't something more serious, but so far so good. I have a good doctor now and that makes all the difference in the world.

Cheers to everyone here, whether I know you or not! I hope that you find as much comfort here as I did.

:smitten:

SandP! So good to hear from you and how well you're doing! I just hit the eight month mark today so I'm really glad to hear that's when you started to feel normal again. I had a lot of ups and down waves the past six weeks, it's finally leveling off this past week.

How did you determine your food intolerances, did you do an elimination diet?

I'm not sure if any of the old crew is still hanging out here, but I thought I'd pop in for a short update. I'm about to celebrate 10 months benzo-free and everything is going so well. I've felt more or less normal since about the eight month mark! The only remaining symptoms are occasional ear pain and zaps near my temple, but it's no big deal at all. Absolutely no mental symptoms. I never dreamed I could feel this normal again. In fact, I have dealt with all my triggers (such as having a vertigo attack in public) and I handled it with some serious grace! ;) I'm feeling pretty capable these days and I actually feel that I have my benzo journey to thank for that. It made me so much stronger.

If anyone is interested in an update on the gastro issues I posted about, it turns out that I am intolerant to wheat, rye, barley, oats, rice, all seafood, and mold type cheeses. My liver is also enlarged again, so I am eating high protein and cutting out sugars and saturated fats, not snacking after meals, and not eating after dinnertime. I've only been doing this for a short time but I've had near complete relief. I've still got to have a bit more testing done to make sure it isn't something more serious, but so far so good. I have a good doctor now and that makes all the difference in the world.

Cheers to everyone here, whether I know you or not! I hope that you find as much comfort here as I did.

:smitten:

So proud of you SandP! I'm still tapering, what a grind. Anyway, I have the same question as Grape about the food intolerance. How were they diagnosed?

SandP back in the house!  So wonderful to hear that you are doing well. Many of us are getting lower on our tapers or have jumped off already.  It was such a warm blast from the past to see you post.

All the best,

Ed

Great news S&P. Congrats.

Anybody else; I'm down to 3 mg Valium and, um, not doing well. I am having a new s/x, at least I hope it's a s/x where I feel chills running down left leg only. This is not something to type into the internet btw/health anxiety now through roof again. Has anyone had this? It came on witha dry cough and tightness in my chest. Kinda feel like I can't catch a good breath. I don't know which to focus on. Both have me so stressed I can't work or think straight. Husband so sick of me. Ugh. Anyone? Thanks all.

Blue

Hi Blue Pill, I'm sorry to hear of all your troubles.  :hug:

I'm not on Valium, but I am on a benzo and get this weird chilly feelings in my abdomen and along my spine. Also feel very cold throughout my body while falling asleep or napping. I was very scared the first time I got them. My health anxiety has pushed me to do many tests and investigations that were unnecessary, expensive and sometimes traumatic. Looking back, I regret having them done. I don't advise pursuing these feelings, rather wait them out, especially that you are now so close to the finish line. Congrats on having come this far!  :thumbsup:

Hope this helps,

xoxo

Thanks new. Appreciate the response. I guess it is a long way to have come from 1k, which is nearly 20 Valium, but hard to remember  because the side effects change so much throughout the taper that every new one feels like something completely related to something else. Whether it's a headache or aching hands or sore feet or blurry vision and now this . Strangely, the symptoms have not been that mental but almost all of them physical which is not ideal for a hypochondriac. And I know a lot of people talk about chills throughout their body but the weird sensation of it just being on one side has me thinking I have a disease all over again. But, I will take your advice and wait it out for now. Thanks again I hope you're doing well!

Blue

Hi all,

I guess my question is how many times a day do most people dose with Valium? I was on Xanax for so long I'm more knowledgeable about how it affects my body but Valium is a relatively new med for me..... relatively... 5 months..

thanks

SS

2X per day is probably the most common protocol, but many folks do just fine on a single daily dose.

I'm am down just below 3mg and having new sxs come up all the time.  Feverish chills, nightmares, rashes, heart rate jumping,mood swings,debilitating joint pain, incredible insomnia(this is the killer that worsens everything else)...Hang in there everyone!

Drummerboy , hang in there hun.....  i hit that wave wall at 3 mgs too. I just kept chipping away at it. taper a tiny bit and holding and so on. Then I emerged from that and have been able to maintain my DLMT.  I know you can do it too.  :smitten:

Hello,

I'm here to say hi to old buddies and new ones.  this was my house for many years,  this forum saved my life,  I was in a bad shape,  I cant think of that now.    I have so much respect for you all,  you are so brave.  Time will heal your body and mind!  I'm 100% sure you will get better and better.  I was so sick but never give up,  I did it slow but with some jumps and holds, after I finish the taper it took me a year to completed be 100 % normal,  but is worth it!  never look back.

Good luck!!

Tex  ( Manny)

:) :) :)

Hi Texfernand, I remember you! I've been off for eight months now. I'm glad to hear you were recovered at the one year mark, I hope I'll make that milestone too.It's good to hear a report from old members who have recovered.

Drummer, kasey--hi Tex--im just at 3 now and honestly, I am having such a hard time understanding what's happening. I'll feel fine, and then, wham, can barely move my hands, pain, blurry vision, but it makes no sense, no pattern, how do u remind yourself that it's drugs and not something else. I just don't get why in middle of a long hold I get hit, out of nowhere. I'm just talking out loud I guess. The idea of this continuing post taper is scary. It's been 2 years getting this far. What if s/x don't go away? Then what do I blame all this stuff on on?

[d4...]

Checking in here.

I've hit 3mg and incredible pain. Constant inner vibrations, muscle/joint pain, morning blasts, head pressure, visual issues, chilis, burning all of it.

Kasey, did holding at 3 help?

Desperate here; do not want to up dose. I've up dosed in the past only to travel the same road again.

Marija 

Checking in here.

I've hit 3mg and incredible pain. Constant inner vibrations, muscle/joint pain, morning blasts, head pressure, visual issues, chilis, burning all of it.

Desperate here; do not want to up dose. I've up dosed in the past only to travel the same road again.

Marija

I'm so sorry Marija. I am at 5.25 here. Every time I've gotten into bad trouble I've held And been able to get out of the wave (sometimes it can take a while). I'm never symptom free though. Sometimes cutting helps me too. It's all so unpredictable. I would say definitely don't updose. I don't think it will help. Etown always tells me to white knuckle it and somehow I manage to get through. Anyway, hang in there. You will figure out what to do.

Checking in here.

Marija

I'm so sorry Marija. I am at 5.25 here. Every time I've gotten into bad trouble I've held And been able to get out of the wave (sometimes it can take a while). I'm never symptom free though. Sometimes cutting helps me too. It's all so unpredictable. I would say definitely don't updose. I don't think it will help. Etown always tells me to white knuckle it and somehow I manage to get through. Anyway, hang in there. You will figure out what to do.

Hi girls!!! boy how I have missed you - Marija I am so sorry for your suffering.  Hope - well said, it is so unpredictable.

Marija- I held for  about 2 weeks, then I resumed my reductions of .01ml every 3rd day for a week or so, then every other day  for a week or so & then every day. I had to ease myself back into my DLMT. It was as if my body had to relearn to taper. Because you know I am also on HRT & Benzo's affect the metabolism of HRT - I had my Estradiol lab level rechecked so I could adjust that as needed. For me, I have learned that when i can keep my E2# stable and at a blood level that is therapeutic for my brain, I am able to taper smoothly ( maintain that baseline).  I now have my E2# checked weekly and adjust accordingly, wh/ has made an enormous positive difference in my ability to MT.   

Please feel free to PM me & we can chat about that if you are up to it.

Hey HOPE - you are cruising down on your overall # - that is fantastic!!! :smitten:

Drummer, kasey--hi Tex--im just at 3 now and honestly, I am having such a hard time understanding what's happening. I'll feel fine, and then, wham, can barely move my hands, pain, blurry vision, but it makes no sense, no pattern, how do u remind yourself that it's drugs and not something else. I just don't get why in middle of a long hold I get hit, out of nowhere. I'm just talking out loud I guess. The idea of this continuing post taper is scary. It's been 2 years getting this far. What if s/x don't go away? Then what do I blame all this stuff on on?

Hi Bluepill,

For me  was the drugs and the fear and anxiety,  much of those sx are product of the anxiety, those body sensations are produce by the adrenaline,  and some are product of the lack of sleep and  to rest too much, check the calcium and vitamin D,  make some  exercise, not in the gym , but working with heavy objects or cleaning your garage, moving furniture, that will  help to get ride of the  adrenaline, and do not pay attention to your sx, it will pass 100% sure. 

Tex (Manny )