Valium/Diazepam Support Group

[Di...]

HELP PLEASE...I'm having EXTREME insomnia for over a month now... only sleeping 1-2 hours/night.  It is making ALL other symptoms way worse.  In the past I would cave and take Benedryl or cyclobenzaprine(flexeril) to get a few more hours(maybe 3-4) but I guess I've done this too many times and they don't have any good effect anymore. I think Benedryl actually makes my heart race now.  My brain is in a total fog.  During the day if I try to nap I will almost get to sleep but get like an electric shock that wakes me the millisecond I pass out.  This will go on repeating forever.  This is barbaric torture!  I am totally freaking out and feel like I will soon go insane.  Morning panic/dread paralyses me in bed and I am in total shock when this happens.  I am in process of getting a mmj card in Canada in the hope I will find help there.  I've heard people say the body will finally rest when it has to but I'm doubting this as I've gone through this many times now.  The longest I've slept solid in the last few years is 3 hours.  The rest is broken agonizing minutes of fitful sleep.  I can't even call it sleep.  It's some other indescribable state of unrest.  I am going to try the regular sleep aid that has a different ingredient than benedryl in it if I can find it.  So far can't find it in Canada.  I'm really considering c/t this shit and be done with it.  I'm so sick of it.  Seem to be suffering so much on it anyway.  Can anyone offer insight or relate to this?  Please don't suggest meditation or yoga etc...as this would be like climbing mount Everest in our state of health....sorry...I'm so screwed up right now. I've since learned  benedryl also competes for CYP2C9 ensyme so that may have worsened things also.  Wish I stayed on K now.

One thing that has helped me drummerboy is a low dose of Remeron.  There will probably be some who chime in to say taking another med is not helpful, and I agree, unless I'm not sleeping.....  Sleep is the best medicine of all and without it I sure wouldn't be where I am in my w/d.  Our sleep patterns sound similar but with 3.5- 7.5 dose of Remeron I can sleep for hours.... Talk with your GP about it.  Don't c/t...... you know why....

Wishing you the best

SS

drummer, I used half a 25 mg of Unisom Sleep Tabs (not the gel) during my taper. Worked like a charm. I ordered from amazon and you ought to be able to order from amazon.ca.

Hope this helps.

Okatz

1)  Many of us have found doxylamine works better than diphenhydramine.

2)  And yes, if your doc will give you a scrip, a small dose of Remeron (mirtazapine) works really well.

I had those horrible zaps to the point I wanted to reinstate. Luckily they went away after a week. I hope the same for you. Remeron did nothing for me but I see it helps so many other on this site. Good suggestions and I hope you feel better. :smitten: I believe one does need to sleep in order to heal. When I get up with little sleep, or micro sleeps, I sure to get an uptick in symptoms.

Betsy :)

• 2 weeks later...

PLEASE HELP

2 nights ago, instead of taking a full 5mg valium pill, I took 2 2mg and 1/2 equaling5. COULDNT sleep for the last two nights I did this. Could that possibly be the cause of no sleep?.

PLEASE HELP

2 nights ago, instead of taking a full 5mg valium pill, I took 2 2mg and 1/2 equaling5. COULDNT sleep for the last two nights I did this. Could that possibly be the cause of no sleep?.

No. 

But it could be just some taper sxs "catching up" with you.

I don't think so, either. I had many random sleepless nights during my taper, that I couldn't link to anything.

I hope it will go away for you soon.  :hug:

PLEASE HELP

No. 

But it could be just some taper sxs "catching up" with you.

Right.

11 days is a blink of an eye in benzo world. :)

The best thing you could do at thins point, is not to stress about it. Sleep will usually return on its own, after a few nights of poor sleep. Try not to sleep during the day, and be as accepting as you possibly can of the whole process.

Big hugs and all my strength to you!

Thanks for the support. I am also on bioidentical  hormones that may be cause.  I thought the real bad times were behind me because for 5 months things have been going great.

Yes, it may be the HRT also, but at this point I wouldn't change anything and introduce more instability in your system. Try to hold it out for a couple of days more, it should go away on its own.

Don't know about that tolerance. I suppose it could happen in very long drawn out tapers. But when that happens, your best bet is to continue tapering still.

Of the two otc choices, should I try benadryl or succinate? Do they mix ok with valium and traz. I wake up for good at 3AM, so I will take it then.

Of the two otc choices, should I try benadryl or succinate? Do they mix ok with valium and traz. I wake up for good at 3AM, so I will take it then.

Yes I believe you can take that with your other meds. You can also reach tolerance while tapering. Not fun!

I take the unisom doxylamine succinate alternating weeks with atarax, another antihistamine. Im hoping once Im done with this taper I can taper off these as well. But I dont have any problems that I can attribute to either antihistamine. I alternate them cause I just dont like taking one particular thing for too long that I dont have to. They do help me with sleep.

Haven't slept in 5 nites  losing it . Nonfunctional. Would it set me back to take 1  temazapm tonite so I can think and drive to a hormone dr.

Yes, I I think the problem started because the estrogen hormone replacement level go too low.vits takes weeks to resolve I'm desperate. Tried all otc and nothing worked. Please buddies I need feedback