Valium/Diazepam Support Group

[Di...]

PaulMar, from what I've read on the boards Vitamin B causes an increase in sxs for many. Then again your increase in sxs could be part of your acute stage, difficult to know for sure. I, myself, could not jump from 4 mgs too steep of a jump for me. Wishing you wellness and healing.

Is Omega 4 OK to take. I've been trying not to take anything besides my ADs. Took 200mg of Gabapentin today because my anxiety and nervousness were quite horrible. Very discouraging but the Gabapentin did help me this time.

[67...]

Maria, I'm so sorry you are experiencing akathisia. It is truly a horrid sx. I hope you find relief soon.

Thank you, Left. Wouid like to be done with this symptom.

How are you feeling?

Marija, I'm struggling along like many of us here. The pulled SCM is a continual problem and I have full blown TMJD from the clenching and grinding... PFT!!!!

But look at you...down to 3.1 mgs that's awesome!!!

Like you and Hope, I used to wake up at 3:00 am like clockwork with anxiety, shakes, etc. I did some research and found this old thread on Vitamin C and Cortisol.

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=84996.msg1171323#msg1171323

Posts 198, 200, and 210 are a good overall summary on the Cortisol/Vitamin C Connection

I don't expect that Vitamin C and the adrenal cocktail will work for everyone, but it has helped me tremendously so I thought I'd pass the info along.

Hi Left,

I have TMJD on my right side, too. :(

I've tried the cortisol cocktail a year ago with little success. There definitely appears  to be a metabolic syndrome attached to this journey.

How do you find it helping, left?  With inner vibes?  Good that it's helping you. Any little bit to smooth the path to zero.

Hi everyone! I see this thread has some action again.

Question: I have been doing DMT for 2 mo now and lately my bad sxs have been much better (knock on wood), but I developed a new sx of tinnitus over a wk ago and it's still here. My cut rate is very very conservative and I was hoping to increase it actually next week. given that the sxs I've been having for 2 yrs are all kinda better lately, I was excited MT was "working", but then why am I having a new sx I never had before???  I saw an ENT and my hearing is normal and she said the ear drum looked normal. She took out a little wax. She asked why I was on Librium and I didn't even know how to answer that... 

but is this "normal" to get a new sx even if others are getting better? Even with MT? Or is it unrelated to w/d then? Should I keep going with my MT or hold? Does holding even help tinnitus?

Thanks for any pearls of wisdom!

Hi everyone! I see this thread has some action again.

Question: I have been doing DMT for 2 mo now and lately my bad sxs have been much better (knock on wood), but I developed a new sx of tinnitus over a wk ago and it's still here. My cut rate is very very conservative and I was hoping to increase it actually next week. given that the sxs I've been having for 2 yrs are all kinda better lately, I was excited MT was "working", but then why am I having a new sx I never had before???  I saw an ENT and my hearing is normal and she said the ear drum looked normal. She took out a little wax. She asked why I was on Librium and I didn't even know how to answer that... 

but is this "normal" to get a new sx even if others are getting better? Even with MT? Or is it unrelated to w/d then? Should I keep going with my MT or hold? Does holding even help tinnitus?

Thanks for any pearls of wisdom!

I didn't get tinnitus in the beginning. I started getting it about mid way through my taper. Fortunately it is not bad and it comes and goes. But it seems to be one of those symptoms that crops up as you go lower. As far as holding, I think it's just what you can tolerate. I don't know that I'd hold for tinnitus alone if it's not horrible and everything is tolerable.

Same thing for me as well. It came on as my tapering got lower. I do not hold for that, but if it becomes intolerable, you do as need to. It is quite normal to experience tinnitus.  Congrats, you r doing something rt in your tapering to get this symptom....... ;)      :smitten:

So everyone has tinnitus?? Who knew?!  I saw even Bart got it at around 0.8 mg V.

I'm doing something right, eh Kasey- thx for the positive spin. :)

And my nanny gave 2 wk notice- so just interviewed a new candidate for my 2 girls.

Marija, Hope76, Left, Kasey, Edzo- nice to see familiar folks on here. I've been lurking lately til now.

I mean, it'll be nicer when we no longer need to come on here... but in the meantime, you're all doing great! Well wishes to all!!

So everyone has tinnitus?? Who knew?!  I saw even Bart got it at around 0.8 mg V.

I'm doing something right, eh Kasey- thx for the positive spin. :)

And my nanny gave 2 wk notice- so just interviewed a new candidate for my 2 girls.

Marija, Hope76, Left, Kasey, Edzo- nice to see familiar folks on here. I've been lurking lately til now.

I mean, it'll be nicer when we no longer need to come on here... but in the meantime, you're all doing great! Well wishes to all!!

Oh gosh more nanny drama. I am officially nannyless and loving it for now. My sitter wigged out on me. Apparently stopped taking her Prozac, became bedridden, didn't show up to work or communicate anything that she wasn't coming 🙄 I gave her a second chance but she didn't refill her script again and same thing happened. She is a college student. So I had to fire her. I gave her a bad review on care.com and saw her account had been deleted today. Hee hee. I'm so tired of interviewing people I just decided to see how long I can make it on my own!

Ugh- feel a wave coming on. Not sure if it's bc I was starting to get a little anxious abt the tinnitus. But I'm just so sick of this. I wish I could figure out what causes my waves but it is so hard- so many factors. It used to just be if I cut too much but now it seems any little thing throws me into a wave. I hate having to be so careful all the time. Whenever I feel bad, I get sucked back into the regret and  "I should have known better". How do you all deal with that emotion? 

Ugh- feel a wave coming on. Not sure if it's bc I was starting to get a little anxious abt the tinnitus. But I'm just so sick of this. I wish I could figure out what causes my waves but it is so hard- so many factors. It used to just be if I cut too much but now it seems any little thing throws me into a wave. I hate having to be so careful all the time. Whenever I feel bad, I get sucked back into the regret and  "I should have known better". How do you all deal with that emotion?

Who could of known this would happen? It's almost inconceivable. It's not taught anywhere (at least in mainstream medicine), that withdrawals can be so bad and long lasting. I stopped beating myself

up a long time ago. It's just not productive. So if I start thinking that way, I just distract and ignore it. I've noticed my waves are more unpredictable as I get lower too. I used to have a pattern, now who knows? Keep going, we are going to get there!

Thanks Hope! I know it's not productive to regret but I haven't mastered ignoring that emotion. I also feel like I keep messing up. Blah. I was supposed to go to the pumpkin patch with my kindergartener today for the field trip but didn't bc of this wave. I hate how much this has robbed from us. I know all these thoughts are not productive. Hope- do you hold your MT when you get a wave?

I feel like the drug itself makes me sick too, not just w/d. I still haven't "figured it out".

Do you all talk to a therapist or someone regularly? Does it help? What does it help with the most? Are they familiar w/ benzo w/d?

Thanks Hope! I know it's not productive to regret but I haven't mastered ignoring that emotion. I also feel like I keep messing up. Blah. I was supposed to go to the pumpkin patch with my kindergartener today for the field trip but didn't bc of this wave. I hate how much this has robbed from us. I know all these thoughts are not productive. Hope- do you hold your MT when you get a wave?

I feel like the drug itself makes me sick too, not just w/d. I still haven't "figured it out".

Do you all talk to a therapist or someone regularly? Does it help? What does it help with the most? Are they familiar w/ benzo w/d?

If thins are really awful I hold. I haven't been micrtapering long enough to really figure it out libr! As far as a therapist, I went to one in the beginning. I liked him a lot but he didn't get benzo WD and treated me more like an anxiety case. It was useful but I stopped going after my cancer diagnosis as I had so many appts and I never made it back.

Libr it seems like a lot of people are in your same boat. It seems like each drug has its own ugly side to some and some stick it out and some change over to something else but you have no way of knowing if that will make it any better. Hope it really does seem like we are on a similar path as mine is also getting where I have to go slower. I was easily cutting a half mg a month last year. Now its  1/3, maybe even 1/4 mg and even that is tough. When I hold I seem to do ok but since I have a finite amount of pills and keep getting turned down by potential new docs- well, just aaaaargh. Thats my new description- aaaargh. I missed the chance to go out birding with the worlds most famous bird guy yesterday. Benzo brain and benzo body- aaaargh! Heres to looking forward to the easy stuff again!

Libr it seems like a lot of people are in your same boat. It seems like each drug has its own ugly side to some and some stick it out and some change over to something else but you have no way of knowing if that will make it any better. Hope it really does seem like we are on a similar path as mine is also getting where I have to go slower. I was easily cutting a half mg a month last year. Now its  1/3, maybe even 1/4 mg and even that is tough. When I hold I seem to do ok but since I have a finite amount of pills and keep getting turned down by potential new docs- well, just aaaaargh. Thats my new description- aaaargh. I missed the chance to go out birding with the worlds most famous bird guy yesterday. Benzo brain and benzo body- aaaargh! Heres to looking forward to the easy stuff again!

Oh that stinks Kitty, I hope you can find someone to get you a script. Yes we are neck and neck in our tortoise race here. I just get too sick if I try to get faster. I get too sick anyway. Frustrating!

Been a long time since i been on here, and while i followed my own extreme tapering schedule and used opiates to help with the mental symptoms... It was a great success. It took about a year clean after jumping off 2.5mg for me to feel mostly normal again. About 3 years later, im so happy to be out of that fog. Being dependent on valium has taught me the meaning of true depression, i hated living while i was on that stuff.

So keep going and dont lose hope.. Do whats best for you, but whatever you do, do not reinstate. It will get better. Think of how strong you will be afterwards... Most people cant even handle quitting nicotine, but YOU conquered a benzo dependence. Its one of the hardest things in the world and requires tremendous resolve. Good luck people.

Maria, I'm so sorry you are experiencing akathisia. It is truly a horrid sx. I hope you find relief soon.

How are you feeling?

Marija, I'm struggling along like many of us here. The pulled SCM is a continual problem and I have full blown TMJD from the clenching and grinding... PFT!!!!

Like you and Hope, I used to wake up at 3:00 am like clockwork with anxiety, shakes, etc. I did some research and found this old thread on Vitamin C and Cortisol.

Posts 198, 200, and 210 are a good overall summary on the Cortisol/Vitamin C Connection

I don't expect that Vitamin C and the adrenal cocktail will work for everyone, but it has helped me tremendously so I thought I'd pass the info along.

Hi Left,

I've tried the cortisol cocktail a year ago with little success. There definitely appears  to be a metabolic syndrome attached to this journey.

How do you find it helping, left?  With inner vibes?  Good that it's helping you. Any little bit to smooth the path to zero.

Marija, the TMJD is truly horrid (both of my discs are displaced), I'm sorry you have it too :hug:

I didn't get immediate results from the cortisol cocktail either. I think I stuck with it longer than most because it was a good source of sodium. Hyponatremia has been a battle for me throughout the taper. I experimented with the original "formula" until I found one that worked for me. I cut back on the potassium, loaded up on the pink Himalayan salt and added 2 grams of pure vitamin C. I drink it in the morning and evening. For me it helps with the jumpiness/jitters, my sleep has improved, and the hyponatremia has been kept at bay. Oh, how could I forget... it has also helped reduce the burning brain/skin sxs.  :)

Hi All,

I'm poly drugged and a have been in torment for 18 months now. I've been on V for 18 months and stupidly told I was ok on 15mg for 6 weeks without danger of addiction. So on 6 weeks I was c/t'd. I lasted 4 weeks and was reinstated on 12mg which was partially successful as my tolerance built rapidly. I'm thinking of tackling the V next as I've been told this is the most likely cause of my depression by a Benzo group locally called the Battle Against Tranquilizer's. I've tried multiple a/d's and none make a dent in my depression and out of the rest of my meds it's only Seroquel which has any effect as it gives me 6-7 hours sleep a night. Would it be a good idea to start a 10% taper on the benzo before taking on the rest and has anyone found V very depressing when being on it?

Cheers

Staz

[67...]

How are you feeling?

Hi Left,

Marija, the TMJD is truly horrid (both of my discs are displaced), I'm sorry you have it too :hug:

I didn't get immediate results from the cortisol cocktail either. I think I stuck with it longer than most because it was a good source of sodium. Hyponatremia has been a battle for me throughout the taper. I experimented with the original "formula" until I found one that worked for me. I cut back on the potassium, loaded up on the pink Himalayan salt and added 2 grams of pure vitamin C. I drink it in the morning and evening. For me it helps with the jumpiness/jitters, my sleep has improved, and the hypontremia has been kept at bay. Oh, how could I forget... it has also helped reduce the burning brain/skin sxs.  :)

Just found this, Left!  Wow, how interesting. Makes me want to give it another try if only for a reduction in the brain/body burning. Thanks for sharing!

:smitten:

Hi. I have a question.

I'm tapering Ativan. I've gotten down about a mg but every time I try to cut I get horrendous sxs. And I have I Interdose withdrawals all day long. If I could find someone to cross me over..... I would be on a lot.

Has anyone crossed from Ativan and had success?

HS

Hi. I have a question.

I'm tapering Ativan. I've gotten down about a mg but every time I try to cut I get horrendous sxs. And I have I Interdose withdrawals all day long. If I could find someone to cross me over..... I would be on a lot.

Has anyone crossed from Ativan and had success?

HS

I have,  I started with 1.5mg of Ativan and c/o to 7.5mg of v.  I did it really slowly. ( like 6 months for me)  I know that are others have done it as well.  Perhaps they will chime in soon.  :smitten:

Same here,..

I crossed from .75 Ativan. I just could not get any lower without all sorts of major issues.

Crossed over a 3 month period to 4.5 mgs. Valium.

Hope this helps!

ATU🙏🏻

ATU & kitty - boy howdy I so get what you girls are talking about.  I was finally able to stabilize to my baseline once I c/o from Ativan to V. The IDWD with A was horrid.

HELP PLEASE...I'm having EXTREME insomnia for over a month now... only sleeping 1-2 hours/night.  It is making ALL other symptoms way worse.  In the past I would cave and take Benedryl or cyclobenzaprine(flexeril) to get a few more hours(maybe 3-4) but I guess I've done this too many times and they don't have any good effect anymore. I think Benedryl actually makes my heart race now.  My brain is in a total fog.  During the day if I try to nap I will almost get to sleep but get like an electric shock that wakes me the millisecond I pass out.  This will go on repeating forever.  This is barbaric torture!  I am totally freaking out and feel like I will soon go insane.  Morning panic/dread paralyses me in bed and I am in total shock when this happens.  I am in process of getting a mmj card in Canada in the hope I will find help there.  I've heard people say the body will finally rest when it has to but I'm doubting this as I've gone through this many times now.  The longest I've slept solid in the last few years is 3 hours.  The rest is broken agonizing minutes of fitful sleep.  I can't even call it sleep.  It's some other indescribable state of unrest.  I am going to try the regular sleep aid that has a different ingredient than benedryl in it if I can find it.  So far can't find it in Canada.  I'm really considering c/t this shit and be done with it.  I'm so sick of it.  Seem to be suffering so much on it anyway.  Can anyone offer insight or relate to this?  Please don't suggest meditation or yoga etc...as this would be like climbing mount Everest in our state of health....sorry...I'm so screwed up right now. I've since learned  benedryl also competes for CYP2C9 ensyme so that may have worsened things also.  Wish I stayed on K now.