Valium/Diazepam Support Group

[Di...]

NO Miyu he actually said

i might reconsider at a 2 week hold but I'm not sure what I'm gonna do yet, Ive done long holds dont  seeem to help

but idk??  guess its unaviodable to be symtom free

i just needed to get back in survival mode i need to be able to function through this

thanks for your replies I'll check out the long hold thread

take care im sure I'll see ya around

Valley Um - how did you decide/know you could speed up your taper rate... As I see you've done from 6 to 5???  A few posts ago, I remember you saying sxs were cropping up (above 6ish maybe) and you thought you'd have to slow your rate. I'm so curious how you decided to go faster instead???  Were you nervous about going faster.... Or did you intuitively know it would work out?

Thanks for answering!

Valley Um - how did you decide/know you could speed up your taper rate... As I see you've done from 6 to 5???  A few posts ago, I remember you saying sxs were cropping up (above 6ish maybe) and you thought you'd have to slow your rate. I'm so curious how you decided to go faster instead???  Were you nervous about going faster.... Or did you intuitively know it would work out?

Thanks for answering!

He told me he decided to push the envelope since he was off work for the summer. Sorry if I put words in your mouth V.

Thanks for answering!

He told me he decided to push the envelope since he was off work for the summer. Sorry if I put words in your mouth V.

You're right and I don't mind at all. :thumbsup:

Thanks for answering!

Oh wow I just saw your sig. you are doing great V. I just hit 5.75 mg today so now I'm the turtle. Lol.

Thanks for answering!

Oh wow I just saw your sig. you are doing great V. I just hit 5.75 mg today so now I'm the turtle. Lol.

Lol. I will probably be shifting into turtle mode again but haven't had any major sxs so far making daily cuts from about 8mg.  :)--V

ENVY envy envy envy :laugh:

I looked back at my notebook and saw I dropped .001 g daily for a few MONTHS initially. Now its like remembering when you could take a big fast car on a road trip and now all you can do is walk to the mailbox lol

I looked back at my notebook and saw I dropped .001 g daily for a few MONTHS initially. Now its like remembering when you could take a big fast car on a road trip and now all you can do is walk to the mailbox lol

Well you are still ahead of me Kitty  :laugh:

Well you are still ahead of me Kitty  :laugh:

Think my car has gear box problems... (fwd/rev)

-Hey, It still counts, even if we have to push it over the finish line...

:)

WOWsers  HOPE - you are making headway!!! so proud of you sweet friend.  I admire the way you press on and push through! inspirational :smitten:

by the way has anyone heard from MARIJA lately?

WOWsers  HOPE - you are making headway!!! so proud of you sweet friend.  I admire the way you press on and push through! inspirational :smitten:

by the way has anyone heard from MARIJA lately?

Thanks kasey. I just heard from her, I'll send you a message,

Decided to join this group today.

I'm at 5mgV as of five days ago and currently holding for a bit. This last cut was a beast!

I have been doing cut and hold every 7 to 10  days (all compounded liquid from pharmacy)

Might switch to daily cuts after this hold...IDK???

Anyways...just wanted to say Hi!!!

I'm at 5mgV as of five days ago and currently holding for a bit. This last cut was a beast!

I have been doing cut and hold every 7 to 10  days (all compounded liquid from pharmacy)

Since you have access to liquid, why not switch to daily microtaper?  So much easier.

Hi Ann, Im also going back to a Compounding Pharmacy when I resume I'm hoping the .25 drops will be doable.

I think my math is right? If i start at 20mgs v and my compound is 2.5 mg per ml then I think 4 cuts would = 1mg

and if that too hard then I'll make 2 cuts = .50mg its so frustrating trying to fugureout the right dose your body can handle.

anyway good luck I'll be following your progress ;)

Valley Um - no increase in sxs w/ the faster rate? That's awesome! How often do you dose?

Hope76- how's it going for you- is MT going better this time? You seem to be going at a faster rate too than your last couple cuts. Any increase in sxs or staying the same? Or better??

I've been thinking about Marija too- hoping she's ok!

I'm on the MT route myself now. 😌

Valley Um - no increase in sxs w/ the faster rate? That's awesome! How often do you dose?

Hope76- how's it going for you- is MT going better this time? You seem to be going at a faster rate too than your last couple cuts. Any increase in sxs or staying the same? Or better??

No increase in sxs.  I dose twice a day. :)--V

I'm ok libr so far. I can feel the symptoms building though so will have to slow it down at some point I'm sure. The part I can't ever figure out with microtaper is when to slow down. I'm not experienced enough with it to really know. Marija is having a rough time so keep her in your prayers. I hope the MT works out for you libr. Whatever gets us off the poison!

Libr and Hope - It really wont take long and you will get into the flow of it. It can be hard at times for many of us to discern when to slow taper down, hold or add a touch back. Everyone is so different in what helps them stabilize to their baseline. I have found that when the symptoms begin to rise, I must hold for a few days or so to allow my brain to catch up. Every now and then it sneaks up on me and I have to do a tiny updose and hold for a few days. Because I taper by .01ml daily - I am able to updose by .03- .05 ml and stabilize within a few days. This helps me nip it and get back on track quicker. I realize that may not work for others, but that is a trick that works for me. Hang in there guys - you are really making progress.

I remain prayerful for us and Marija too.  :smitten:

Libr and Hope - It really wont take long and you will get into the flow of it. It can be hard at times for many of us to discern when to slow taper down, hold or add a touch back. Everyone is so different in what helps them stabilize to their baseline. I have found that when the symptoms begin to rise, I must hold for a few days or so to allow my brain to catch up. Every now and then it sneaks up on me and I have to do a tiny updose and hold for a few days. Because I taper by .01ml daily - I am able to updose by .03- .05 ml and stabilize within a few days. This helps me nip it and get back on track quicker. I realize that may not work for others, but that is a trick that works for me. Hang in there guys - you are really making progress.

Thanks kasey! I'll have it all figured out by the time I'm done  :D

Yes, someone on here said once said you don't really know how to taper until you're done. :)

Hope- glad it's going ok.

Kasey- thanks for the encouragement. I guess it'll be a little trial and error to feel this out.

I'm at about 5.35 Valium equivalence.

V Um- you inspire me

Yes, prayers and Windows for all of us.

Totally unrelated PSA- for those of you in North America watching the eclipse on Monday- be sure to keep your eclipse glasses on the whole time you are watching- do not take them off even for a second!!  You do not want to burn your retinas!

Yes, someone on here said once said you don't really know how to taper until you're done. :)

Hope- glad it's going ok.

Kasey- thanks for the encouragement. I guess it'll be a little trial and error to feel this out.

I'm at about 5.35 Valium equivalence.

V Um- you inspire me

Yes, prayers and Windows for all of us.

Totally unrelated PSA- for those of you in North America watching the eclipse on Monday- be sure to keep your eclipse glasses on the whole time you are watching- do not take them off even for a second!!  You do not want to burn your retinas!

I'm too chicken to even try the glasses. We are going to try the old school cereal box method and watch the shadow indirectly  :laugh:

I'm too chicken to even try the glasses. We are going to try the old school cereal box method and watch the shadow indirectly  :laugh:

Yes the indirect pinhole method works too. My kids get to watch at camp so I'm teaching them how to keep the gls on, etc. I dont really trust my little one, though, so I took Mon afternoon off of work to go be with her and supervise (and watch!). I wanted to be an astronomer when I was growing up. 🙂

libr - that sound like loads of fun and memories to cherish! I was in school when the last one came around in the late 1970's.  be careful and enjoy!!! :smitten: