Valium/Diazepam Support Group

[Di...]

Cant, Blue...I completely missed the brain tumor again reference...blaming my benzo brain.  ;D

Well you made up for it with your good reply... IMO

:)

But seriously, there was a time long ago when my head pain was so bad that my mother had to rush me to emergency room....thought I was dying...as did the drs when they first examined me. I didn't know at the time that it was the result of a mini CT (long story). I was immediately hospitalized, put on pain meds, and had extensive neuro testing done.... Nothing, they found nothing... it was all WD related... but I didn't know it at the time, it was the late 1990s and BB didn't exist then.

Deep breaths Blue, this will pass, it will get better. Left  :hug:

Cant, Blue...I completely missed the brain tumor again reference...blaming my benzo brain.  ;D

Well you made up for it with your good reply... IMO

:)

Thanks...bur I can't keep up with you and your speedy fingers on that teeny, tiny phone! :laugh:

Left and Cant:

Guess I should save the sarcasm. It's my only line of defense against sounding completely crazy. I swear when pain in my feet was happening I thought I'll do anything to make that stop, then it did stop and went into my hands, ditto. Then vision...now this. Certainly "excessive exercise" is not the trigger here unless 30 min on the bike watching re runs of Girls counts? Ooops. There I go again with the sarcasm. I just HATE this. And I hate taking pain killers that barely touch it anyway. In any event, I really do appreciate replies. I will check out head pressure thread though I try not to go to deep or I create another spiral for myself. I happen to like this board!!  :)

Nothing wrong with a bit of sarcasm.... just don't expect me to pick up on it...will leave that to Cant...he's as sharp as they come. :)

Nothing wrong with a bit of sarcasm.... just don't expect me to pick up on it...will leave that to Cant...he's as sharp as they come. :)

sharp like a flat tyre... -yup, thats me..!!

But yes, sarcasm works... I think those that find a bit of a twisted way to deal with this extreme un-natural "event" have a tool that will serve them well...

sharp like a flat tyre... -yup, thats me..!!

But yes, sarcasm works... I think those that find a bit of a twisted way to deal with this extreme un-natural "event" have a tool that will serve them well...

Agreed!

Yup. Too bad not many people find my organ recital amusing. I think I've tapped the collective reserve of patience. And of course, some days nothing about any of this this seems funny. I guess that's what TV's for....

Yup. Too bad not many people find my organ recital amusing. I think I've tapped the collective reserve of patience. And of course, some days nothing about any of this this seems funny. I guess that's what TV's for....

You're not alone Blue... my family stopped listening to me a long time ago. What we go through is incomprehensible...unless you've experienced it personally it's hard to understand.

You're not alone Blue... my family stopped listening to me a long time ago. What we go through is incomprehensible...unless you've experienced it personally it's hard to understand.

And thats why we are all here, to listen to each othets organ recotals and give our own thoughts on which pieces sound better or just which seats might be more comfortable!

Yes it absolutely is painful when someone we love tells us we 'over share' . This is teaching me how to be a sympathetic or empathetic listener. I know how valueable it is  and  remains -  to have friends who completely understand. Thx!!! :smitten:

Ooooh somebody had to go and say the 5 mg mark is tough for a lot of people. Im at .166 g and .160 g will be 5 mg, so close- and last night came my first experience with what had to be akathasia. If I even spelled it right, never wrote it cause I never had it. What a damned mess that is! I finally had 3 nights of good sleep and whamo, last night came on the restless muscle syndrome. Took me a while to realize what it was, I thought I was so familiar with my wd symptoms. But nooooo, I had to go and get another one. Damn.

Hope yall have a good day. And I hope I can have some sleep tonight rumblebumblebumbleinthejungle

Ooooh somebody had to go and say the 5 mg mark is tough for a lot of people. Im at .166 g and .160 g will be 5 mg, so close- and last night came my first experience with what had to be akathasia. If I even spelled it right, never wrote it cause I never had it. What a damned mess that is! I finally had 3 nights of good sleep and whamo, last night came on the restless muscle syndrome. Took me a while to realize what it was, I thought I was so familiar with my wd symptoms. But nooooo, I had to go and get another one. Damn.

Hope yall have a good day. And I hope I can have some sleep tonight rumblebumblebumbleinthejungle

lol.. "They" say 5,4,3,2, and 1mg, and every bit inbetween...

I guess its just time for some changes..

Yesterday I posted in a reply, that I never get heart burn... -guess what I had half the night..!!

Though I had eaten pizza days earlier...

But still, even at 1V -glimpses of new sx... -though they seem short lived... like ticking off boxes...

I hope thats the case for you... Best to stick with what you know... lol (as if we have much of a choice)..

I blew right by the 5mg mark. We sometimes create a self-fulfilling prophecy.  Just tell yourself it's just like any other cut. :)--V

Im super slow microtaper so its probably just a coincedence. I told myself its healing! But at night it sucks. In the day its easy to distract away from it. Yeah maybe it was a one off. Funny thing was I had read a lot months ago posts with people saying 4 mg was the toughest! Im going to ignore it all and hope tonight is nice and calm. Thanks yall!

Wow, V Um- you're really doing great! MT totally suits you!

I see you've even sped up a little. So happy for you. And I love the positive vibes you emit. :)

Wow, V Um- you're really doing great! MT totally suits you!

I see you've even sped up a little. So happy for you. And I love the positive vibes you emit. :)

Thanks libr! :)--V

Hello all! Not sure if I'm replying or starting a new post?

Anyway wanted to jump in this group and get to know some folks for support

Will be starting a taper soon using a compound pharmacist. I kind of have no choice my Dr only

Works w/compound

Hi Bodi , you're starting a new post with the Valium thread  :)

I'm glad you're starting out slow , IMO it's the best way to go , find out how you do with it before you get I trouble and then have to undo all that. You can always go faster , but in my experience , having gone too fast for my body, I'm still recovering from the first three months of tapering wher I tried 5-10% ..... That was a year ago!

Anyway, we're all so different in how we go through this ..... So welcome and my advice would be , listen to your body and don't rush or push , my 2 cents !

MiYu

Hey thanks Miyu!  This is my second attempt at a taper, I crashed n burned been 11 days back at

20 from 15

I'm praying this time is a bit better, not expecting to be symptom free heck I don't even know if

I'm stable here at 20 but not going up anymore.

Time is all I have for now.

Hey thanks Miyu!  This is my second attempt at a taper, I crashed n burned been 11 days back at

20 from 15

I'm praying this time is a bit better, not expecting to be symptom free heck I don't even know if

I'm stable here at 20 but not going up anymore.

Time is all I have for now.

Yes me too , time is all I have ! Did your doctor tell you to wait a month at 20 to stabilize ? I wish I had waited til more stable before tapering . I've had to go so slowly it's not funny , and it's been hellish. I'm now holding again in the hopes I can get really stable before trying again to reduce . Every time I try I get in trouble .

I mostly hang out at the long hold support group, long holds aren't always that popular as we all want to get off ASAP . But  soemtimes the suffering is just way too much for anyone to bear.

Anyway , I think you'll get the hang of it if you post a lot and see what others experience , then we make our choices ! Mine is to minimize suffering , tho it can be as confusing as h*ll, and so far I'm learning by mistakes ..... Which also I think we all end up doing as everyone is so different .

MiYu