Important Survey - Please Participate ×
Dr. David Healy - Raising Awareness of Inappropriate or Harmful Deprescribing Practices ×

Valium/Diazepam Support Group

[Di...]

I should emphasize thats what I read- it does not mean it is worse. It could be the binders and fillers are harder for some folks to utilize the meds in mylan- who knows. Legally a 5 mg valium pill is supposed to have just that- 5 mg- but that is just what I have been dealing with too so I hope you have good luck with it. If you dont and you can switch, apparently those are the general consensus best tolerated or easiest to deal with in cutting.

I will tell you (and so will most pharmacists) the "best" one is the one you have been taking.

When you switch brands, you very likely will feel some difference, no matter what brand you were taking, or what brand you switch to.

Even if both brands have the same active ingredient potency, the structure, density, filler/binder content, will at least temporarily effect how you respond.

Its not because one is "better", its because they are just "different".

Hope; thanks for posting. I filled it out today. Everyone really should if you are able. It takes all of 5 minutes and is anonymous. If enough people stand up, doctors will no longer be able to say "it's not the drugs, there's no evidence of this, etc..." I'm not an advocacy type but this is important for us and future generations. Doctors need to stop either being ignorant or sticking their heads in the sand. Just my two cents but there it is....

Hope you are all ok. I've been off board just trying to deal. Still holding at 4 with myriad of weirdness but trying to push through, as we all are. Grateful to you my BB!

Blue

Hope; thanks for posting. I filled it out today. Everyone really should if you are able. It takes all of 5 minutes and is anonymous. If enough people stand up, doctors will no longer be able to say "it's not the drugs, there's no evidence of this, etc..." I'm not an advocacy type but this is important for us and future generations. Doctors need to stop either being ignorant or sticking their heads in the sand. Just my two cents but there it is....

Hope you are all ok. I've been off board just trying to deal. Still holding at 4 with myriad of weirdness but trying to push through, as we all are. Grateful to you my BB!

Blue

Good to see you bluepill and thanks for filling out the form! Keep pushing on, we will get there!

I want to encourage everyone as well to fill it out. It truly only takes a few minutes and is easy to do. Each voice matters as it can most assuredly help prevent others from going down this difficult road we are traveling.

I'm putting this out here for the U.S. peeps who want to help with Benzo Advocacy. Please PM me with any questions!

Hello beloved benzo friends! As you know, World Benzo Awareness Day is fast approaching (7/11) and I have taken on a position as a director at the Benzodiazepine Information Coalition. BIC and W-BAD are collaborating on an initiative to get patients to fill out FDA Medwatch reports regarding how they were harmed by benzos or Z drugs. The form is an easy online submission and can be accessed here:

https://www.accessdata.fda.gov/scripts/medwatch/index.cfm?action=reporting.home

For more background on the initiative and detailed instructions on filling out the form:

https://www.benzoinfo.com/fda-report

Once you have completed the form you will receive an email confirmation from Medwatch. Please forward the email to fda@benzoinfo.com by 7/11 and you will be entered into a prize drawing for an Amazon gift card valued up to 100$. Your email address and info are confidential and will only be used for purpose of counting submissions and the prize drawing. Thanks in advance for your help!

Is anyone on the liquid diazepam Intensol Concentrate?  It is 5mg/1ml.  It is mixed with 19% alcohol.  Im worried about the amount of alcohol being too much.  Also I keep reading that it is not ideal to taper from.  I understand not to directly taper from it.  I have a plan from builder to dilute it and then taper but Im wondering if I should switch to the Liquid diazepam solution...it is 5mg/5ml and is not mixed with alcohol.

Does anyone know about this?

Plus I just received my new bottle from the pharmacy and I can tell it's from an older lot by the expiration date.  It also did not taste as strong this morning.  Im so scared the bottle has weakened.

Is anyone on the liquid diazepam Intensol Concentrate?  It is 5mg/1ml.  It is mixed with 19% alcohol.  Im worried about the amount of alcohol being too much.  Also I keep reading that it is not ideal to taper from.  I understand not to directly taper from it.  I have a plan from builder to dilute it and then taper but Im wondering if I should switch to the Liquid diazepam solution...it is 5mg/5ml and is not mixed with alcohol.

Plus I just received my new bottle from the pharmacy and I can tell it's from an older lot by the expiration date.  It also did not taste as strong this morning.  Im so scared the bottle has weakened.

Lets do the math:

5mg=1ml and 19% alcohol

1ml of med=.19ml alcohol

so a 1mg dose (full strength) would contain .04ml alcohol  (4/100ths of a ml)

And if you dilute it 1ml Intensol:49ml water, as I suggested, then your dilute solution is now .004% alcohol (4/1000ths of 1%)

If your doc will give you a scrip for 5mg=5ml (1:1), it will be a little easier to work with, but your Intensol can be used just as successfully.

And I told you in the PM, the integrity of your Rx liquid V is near perfect.  Far more trustworthy than tablets.

Thank you Builder

You calmed my near panic attack today thinking the intensol would be "old" or not potent enough.  And thanks for explaining the alcohol math. :)

I will talk to my dr about the 5mg/5ml solution in two weeks.  Not sure if I will switch or not but if I do Ill probably have to bug you for a new plan.

Thank you Builder

You calmed my near panic attack today thinking the intensol would be "old" or not potent enough.  And thanks for explaining the alcohol math. :)

I will talk to my dr about the 5mg/5ml solution in two weeks.  Not sure if I will switch or not but if I do Ill probably have to bug you for a new plan.

I'll help if its needed, but the only thing that will change is just the dilution ratio.

1mg/ml of the 1:1 solution will be mixed with 9ml water.  That will give .1mg per ml, just like the formula (49:1) that you are currently using.

Hello can any one help. What is the best generic Valium. I have just started a lorazapam to valium crossover tonight. The orange Mylan 5mg crumbled when i cut it. I have to cut the 5mg for the next 30 days. Is Ivax diazepam better? Or is another brand generic better? anyth thoughts would be helpful. wish me luck on the crossover.

I don't know what brand I have but I had yellow tablets that cut well but didn't dissolve well in water (I don't bother with a solvent.)  The orange ones crumbled terribly when I tried to cut them with a razor but don't crumble if I just break them carefully with my hands.

I don't know what brand I have but I had yellow tablets that cut well but didn't dissolve well in water (I don't bother with a solvent.)  The orange ones crumbled terribly when I tried to cut them with a razor but don't crumble if I just break them carefully with my hands.

V is NOT soluble in water, but is very soluble in either alcohol (vodka) or propylene glycol.

The V will dissolve in either of those and can then be diluted with water.  But some of the tablet components won't be soluble, but that won't make any difference.

Lots easier than cutting/scraping tablets.

Im going to have to go to liquid once I get much below 5 mg as I cant get smaller tablets and I know its not evenly distributed in the pill. I need to wait till Im stable, still a little shook up from the weasles taking plasma from me instead of platelets. BUT- just as an estimate how long does it seem to take most folks to adjust to liquid? It seems a lot of folks go over some speed bumps after the switch...

Kitty

I can't really answer that because I was put on the liquid after being off for 4 weeks.  It did only take a week to feel good.  I hope this helps a little.

Lets do the math:  ( BUILDER THAT IS SO CUTE, AND PUTS A SMILE ON MY FACE. I CAN ALMOST HEAR YA SAYING IT. THANK YOU FOR HOW YOU HELP SOME MANY!) :smitten:

5mg=1ml and 19% alcohol

1ml of med=.19ml alcohol

so a 1mg dose (full strength) would contain .04ml alcohol  (4/100ths of a ml)

And if you dilute it 1ml Intensol:49ml water, as I suggested, then your dilute solution is now .004% alcohol (4/1000ths of 1%)

If your doc will give you a scrip for 5mg=5ml (1:1), it will be a little easier to work with, but your Intensol can be used just as successfully.

And I told you in the PM, the integrity of your Rx liquid V is near perfect.  Far more trustworthy than tablets.

Im going to have to go to liquid once I get much below 5 mg as I cant get smaller tablets and I know its not evenly distributed in the pill. I need to wait till Im stable, still a little shook up from the weasles taking plasma from me instead of platelets. BUT- just as an estimate how long does it seem to take most folks to adjust to liquid? It seems a lot of folks go over some speed bumps after the switch...

Kitty, I did a small updose and held for about six weeks to be on the safe side. I have the 2mg pills and am only liquefying .50 mgs because of my metabolism issues. Darn those plasma stealers!!! Hope you feeel better soon.

Thanks for the info! I wish I could take my own advice and not adhere to a schedule but since I cant find a doc to write me a new script- klonopin yes, valium no- ummmm!!!- but my retired doc wrote me out extra to help me through. So I will have have 1800 mg to use to taper off my present  5.5 mg. I can do a slow taper with that but wont be able to get smaller pills! Thank you so much for the advice and good wishes!!

Klonopin yes, but Valium no? what the heck!! ??? Wish you could find someone to RX the Valium for you.

For what it's worth, the 1:20 ratio agrees with me better than the more dilute 1:100 ratio did. Not sure if that's a metabolism thing, the placebo effect, or just me...either way I'll take it!! Wishing you windows and wellness.  :)

I always keep a measured dose in my purse just in case. I needed it yesterday, had to get an ambulance to get my stepdad to the hospital. Stayed overnight at my brothers house, too late to drive 1 1/2 hrs home. I could tell I had measured that dose out a few weeks ago, even with all the scary stuff going on at the hospital today I was a tad loopy. It could be a coincedence but I think it was just a slightly higher dose and I felt valium instead of wd. But who really knows! I will take care to change my emergency dose out more frequently from now on.

I carry extra in my purse also....can't wait to be free of this stuff. From time to time I'll miss one of my doses and have to double up on the next dose. Usually end up taking a nap when that happens. How on earth did I function on 40 mgs a day? Oh, that's right, I didn't!  ;D

I always keep a measured dose in my purse just in case. I needed it yesterday, had to get an ambulance to get my stepdad to the hospital. Stayed overnight at my brothers house, too late to drive 1 1/2 hrs home. I could tell I had measured that dose out a few weeks ago, even with all the scary stuff going on at the hospital today I was a tad loopy. It could be a coincedence but I think it was just a slightly higher dose and I felt valium instead of wd. But who really knows! I will take care to change my emergency dose out more frequently from now on.

Kitty, I hope your stepdad is ok. Ambulance, hospital...that's a lot of stress for anyone, no,less someone in WD. Sounds as though you handled it well. Healing thoughts and wishes to you and your stepdad.  :)

take care Kitty!! Very wise of you to have that dose on hand. That dose was better than no dose. I am lifting your stepdad up... :smitten:

Thanks yall! He lost a lot of blood, possibly to a vampire as they cant find any reason at all for him to have lost 3 pints of blood. Very weird. Hes 83, has congestive heart failure, diabetes, etc - we thought he was done for 15 years ago but he keeps bouncing back. Healing thoughts are very much appreciated! As for anxiety I think the atarax I take at night along with the inositol really keeps that leveled off. I know its not good to take antihistamines all the time but I will keep that atarax around post sliding off the benzos. As a teen I magically aquired a fabulous case of mono that swole up my spleen to about twice its regular size and they gave me librax to keep me from moving around. I did not move much at all....

It seems to be a very individualized thing. Everyone heals at a different rate. There are so many variables, its hard to tell how long it will take. But it does seem people who taper slower have better results sooner than those who take larger cuts. Not everyone though!