Remeron (Mirtazapine) Withdrawal Support Group

[no...]

Hey all,

Anyone get a fever from their mirt taper. I don’t mean crazy high but like 99 to 99.5.

I have had this fever all week now along with night sweats, high level of anxiety, burning skin and weird sensations and bad stomach stuff but no vomiting. My appetite is abysmal but I get three small meals a day.

I thought I was sick and maybe covid but now I am wondering if this could all be mirt related. I started my hold a few weeks ago and the symptoms were getting intense at that point which is what initiated the hold along with being sick I think. But every once and a while I think my compounded batches can be a little off. I think I might have made an unknown cut on top of already being at my taper threshold of comfort. The pharmacist told me in the past past that there can be as much as a 20 percent difference in mirt strength being that the FDA allows 10 percent plus/minus what the label says. So if you luck of the draw come off of a stronger batch to a weaker batch that could be as much as 20 percent. I had bloodwork done yesterday which I will get results on Monday and then I will know for sure whether I actually have signs of infection.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Ja...]

• [Co...]

• [ja...]

• [no...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Jack.

All of those symptoms are listed as w/d effects from Mirt including fever. I have had them all except I don't think I ever had a fever. I never took my temp when I was having the night sweats. I got the night sweats from trazodone too when I was withdrawing. It's a common w/d effect. The infection you had might have played a part in it starting a wave. Holding is the best thing to do now.

I hope you feel better soon.

Becky

Jack, my dear friend, you were goin too fast and it was likely possible to catch up these changes. You are about to fix your changes and then to me you should follow a slower taper like Erin Green did, 0.15 mg/weekly until 3 mg. This is just my opinion.

Becky, i admire your patience and i want it for me. I had a good window from 1 april to 8 april. It was first break in this process. Then again i got hit a big wave. I hope this too shall pass and let me start again. I am curious about that once a window start, then others follow it in short time.

While living an intense anx. wave, if there are some unpleasant movements in face and face nerves, is this a reason for what? The process is a sign of hope, i hope..

Jack, my dear friend, you were goin too fast and it was likely possible to catch up these changes. You are about to fix your changes and then to me you should follow a slower taper like Erin Green did, 0.15 mg/weekly until 3 mg. This is just my opinion.

Becky, i admire your patience and i want it for me. I had a good window from 1 april to 8 april. It was first break in this process. Then again i got hit a big wave. I hope this too shall pass and let me start again. I am curious about that once a window start, then others follow it in short time.

While living an intense anx. wave, if there are some unpleasant movements in face and face nerves, is this a reason for what? The process is a sign of hope, i hope..

I agree, I may have to slow down. But I have had a fever for 8 days straight now, this is crazy.

Anyone else ever have a fever that long from tapering?

99.5 temp for 9 days straight now. This is awful. Hardly any appetite. I am going to have to try an updose if this does not stop by tomorrow night.

Damn Jack , that don’t make no sense ? Virus maybe

Not sure. They ran a CBC and my white blood cell count is normal and there were no signs of infection. I did have c diff last year so we tested for that today, I’ll get results in a couple days but I don’t think that’s it. I think this could be allergy related being it all started when pollen spiked. It might be some super hay fever due to the histamine issues with the Remeron. I believe that allergies can actually cause low grade fever in susceptible individuals. I feel way worse than the thermometer says. It’ll say 99.5 but it feels like 104. I bought some quercetin and might try it tomorrow morning. All I know is that when I take my Remeron dose at 8:30 pm every night my fever is completely gone along with all of my symptoms by 9pm. Then I eat like an animal making up for the rest of the day enjoy some TV and pass out. I can enjoy that time because mirt takes hours to knock me out.

99.5 temp for 9 days straight now. This is awful. Hardly any appetite. I am going to have to try an updose if this does not stop by tomorrow night.

Jack i searched my old messages for you and found a message sent by member "B Strong". The message is like that: "I did try Remeron because of lack of sleep. Even though I slept, it gave me a fever and I felt like I had the flu when I woke" You can ask him about that awful condition...

I just got a call from the doctor that my c diff antigen test was positive. However the toxin was undetected and awaiting confirmation so I have an appointment with the gastro in an hour. That could be the issue there. I guess I will find out some more info soon.

I just got a call from the doctor that my c diff antigen test was positive. However the toxin was undetected and awaiting confirmation so I have an appointment with the gastro in an hour. That could be the issue there. I guess I will find out some more info soon.

Good luck w/ that appointment, Jack. Will be very curious to know the outcome.

Dave

Good luck w/ that appointment, Jack. Will be very curious to know the outcome.

Dave

Well, he wants to treat it. So I already went to the pharmacy and picked up the vancomycin. Took the first one a few minutes ago. I tolerated vanco well last summer at only 6 months off Xanax so I should still tolerate it well now. Even if it is histamine related wiping my intestinal flora clean should significantly reduce histamine levels in my body anyhow and give me some temporary relief. Being that the toxin was undetected it is unlikely the cause of the fever but who knows. Today was MUCH better despite still running a fever. I took a quercetin this morning but won’t try it again until I am done with the vanco. I am already on nexium and mirt. I think my liver can only process so much at a time. I also read that quercetin can reduce the clearance of mirt and Nexium so I will proceed with caution there. I will certainly have to take it on and off as opposed to continuously. Not sure if that is what helped today or if I am just on the mend. Guess we will see. Hope this fever stops soon though, this is day 10.

Well, he wants to treat it. So I already went to the pharmacy and picked up the vancomycin. Took the first one a few minutes ago. I tolerated vanco well last summer at only 6 months off Xanax so I should still tolerate it well now. Even if it is histamine related wiping my intestinal flora clean should significantly reduce histamine levels in my body anyhow and give me some temporary relief. Being that the toxin was undetected it is unlikely the cause of the fever but who knows. Today was MUCH better despite still running a fever. I took a quercetin this morning but won’t try it again until I am done with the vanco. I am already on nexium and mirt. I think my liver can only process so much at a time. I also read that quercetin can reduce the clearance of mirt and Nexium so I will proceed with caution there. I will certainly have to take it on and off as opposed to continuously. Not sure if that is what helped today or if I am just on the mend. Guess we will see. Hope this fever stops soon though, this is day 10.

Good update, Jack. I hope the antibiotic settles with you alright and does what it needs too. Sounds like you will tolerate it well considering your last use of it at a more fragile state.

Best of all is that is sounds like you had a better day. Awesome if it was the quercetin that helped. That really did a lot of good for me when I was tapering the Mirt and the histamine issues starting coming on in a serious way. I did know it affected the clearance of the Mirt, but did not know about the nexium as well. Sounds like using it sporadically would be a good option for you. It'd be worth a try to see if you have another solid day after the next time you try it.

Hope that fever dissipates for you. That is a total drag and I am sure you're ready for it to burn itself out.

12 pm. 98.6 degrees. 3 vancomycin pills in so far. However I was already starting to feel better yesterday before I started the Vanco so this may continue as an unsolved mystery. Nonetheless I will have to continue my hold. Then I think I will have to follow June’s advice and slow down to .15 per week. I hope I continue to feel better. I hope I didn’t jinx it. Lol.

Once things settle down you will be back to feeling really good I think.

Hope so. The fever did come back at about 5 pm but not too bad. Still the best day I have had in a while. I was actually able to do things today. Hopefully tomorrow will be even better.

Hi buddies, i want to ask some questions about histamin issues. I had used Omega3 fish oil tablets in this January but i stopped it supposing that it caused my rashes. Rashes hadnt disappear after that and now i have been using it for few days and rashes started again. But i really dont know whether it is because of it or not. Do you offer any about omega 3.

Lastly i am curious about the salt intake. As you know our diet is so limited and sometimes we can break this diet. And i cant eat the things without salt and sometimes i may excess the intake of this. It can increase the sx up like anx. or any other.

Thank you

Hi buddies, i want to ask some questions about histamin issues. I had used Omega3 fish oil tablets in this January but i stopped it supposing that it caused my rashes. Rashes hadnt disappear after that and now i have been using it for few days and rashes started again. But i really dont know whether it is because of it or not. Do you offer any about omega 3.

Lastly i am curious about the salt intake. As you know our diet is so limited and sometimes we can break this diet. And i cant eat the things without salt and sometimes i may excess the intake of this. It can increase the sx up like anx. or any other.

Thank you

Hey June,

Fish oil capsules should be ok. Are they good quality? Some lower quality fish oil supplements are susceptible to oxidation. That can increase histamine levels. But in general, they are tolerated pretty well. I will say though that I didn't personally use fish oil during my Mirtazapine taper. But I used it a ton during my Benzo withdrawal and it felt it helped a lot.

I felt like sodium increased my anxiety sometimes. I had a lot of blood pressure issues when I was tapering Mirtazapine. Those are all gone now. But my doctor told me that the low sodium thing for blood pressure is not always accurate. That is to say, eating too little sodium can have adverse effects on the blood pressure.

https://www.cardiosmart.org/News-and-Events/2016/07/Too-Much-and-Too-Little-Salt-is-Associated-with-Increased-Heart-Risks

I found this to be true for me. Sometimes I would cut way back on my sodium and it would raise my blood pressure and anxiety levels.

If you are eating a moderate amount of sodium and keeping foods fresh, you are doing good things.

Hang in there, man. I am glad you are seeing some overall improvement.

Dave

[ab...]

Hi all!  I have 10 days or so left on R. I'm taking 1 mg compounded caps. I was on 3.75 for 5 or 6 years, history before that too.

I am on 3.75 Mirt for a month now.  How smooth is withdrawal. At what rate are you tapering?

I'm feeling the pinch now, but it has been pretty stable and reasonable to this point, since November. I am up all night lately and sleeping from 7 to noon or so.

Thank you

Hey June,

Fish oil capsules should be ok. Are they good quality? Some lower quality fish oil supplements are susceptible to oxidation. That can increase histamine levels. But in general, they are tolerated pretty well. I will say though that I didn't personally use fish oil during my Mirtazapine taper. But I used it a ton during my Benzo withdrawal and it felt it helped a lot.

I felt like sodium increased my anxiety sometimes. I had a lot of blood pressure issues when I was tapering Mirtazapine. Those are all gone now. But my doctor told me that the low sodium thing for blood pressure is not always accurate. That is to say, eating too little sodium can have adverse effects on the blood pressure.

https://www.cardiosmart.org/News-and-Events/2016/07/Too-Much-and-Too-Little-Salt-is-Associated-with-Increased-Heart-Risks

I found this to be true for me. Sometimes I would cut way back on my sodium and it would raise my blood pressure and anxiety levels.

If you are eating a moderate amount of sodium and keeping foods fresh, you are doing good things.

Hang in there, man. I am glad you are seeing some overall improvement.

Dave

in fact the one i take isnt a good quality and i ll give a chance to other brands. but i am suspicious about the role of fishes. experts warn that some kind of fishes like sardine may trigger histamin problems. although this concern isnt enlightened enough, i believe omega 3 is essential for recovery. what do you think about the diet Dave? Some say dont eat egg, lemon, dairy etc, others say they eat without problem. i try to avoid definite culprits like strawberry, tomatoes, cafein etc. but i cant avoid eating some wheat products, because turkish couisine is famous with delicious meals. it is very complicated. Eating chicken or red meat is always not possible, one can get bored with that. For example Pokey has always said that he has taken.some coffee in mornings. one more thing, you said that you had quercetin in low doses and overcame it, i am living the histamin probs of low doses at 9mgs, you had them for what? Rashes, fever, flu?..

i will be cautious about the salt intake also. thank you for interest again..

Thank you

Just FYI red meat is extremely high in histamine. I personally have been having blood pressure issues throughout this taper but have had no success in controlling it with my sodium intake. It does not seem to matter for me. I use meditation and breathing excercises in days where it is high. Stress shoots it through the roof. I never had blood pressure issues before. I have reactions to most supplements since Xanax but quercetin was no problem for me. I noticed no side effects whatsoever. I bought pure quercetin. I think it is important to buy individual supplements when going through this because if you try quercetin with bromelain or quercetin with vitamin c and have a reaction you might blame quercetin when it could have been the bromelain or even vitamin c. I was intolerant to most forms of vitamin c even before Xanax.

Hey Jackie,

How are you doing?  Have you finished your taper?  Seems like you are close.

I have started my taper, albeit very slowly.  Siimlar cuts as yours.  I know that you posted previously here that you crush and weigh out your pill.  Do you have a video or description of how you do this?

Thanks,

Shark :smitten:

Thank you

Just FYI red meat is extremely high in histamine. I personally have been having blood pressure issues throughout this taper but have had no success in controlling it with my sodium intake. It does not seem to matter for me. I use meditation and breathing excercises in days where it is high. Stress shoots it through the roof. I never had blood pressure issues before. I have reactions to most supplements since Xanax but quercetin was no problem for me. I noticed no side effects whatsoever. I bought pure quercetin. I think it is important to buy individual supplements when going through this because if you try quercetin with bromelain or quercetin with vitamin c and have a reaction you might blame quercetin when it could have been the bromelain or even vitamin c. I was intolerant to most forms of vitamin c even before Xanax.

Jack, so, you are saying you eat everything including banana, tomatoes, yoghurt, strawbeery, wheat except red meat?

The other question i ask is what is the result of eating high histamins? Fever? Rash? Anx.?

I mean for what purpose have you taken quercetin in recent times? To lower fever? If it is so, i hope you got some relief.

Thank you

Jack, so, you are saying you eat everything including banana, tomatoes, yoghurt, strawbeery, wheat except red meat?

The other question i ask is what is the result of eating high histamins? Fever? Rash? Anx.?

I mean for what purpose have you taken quercetin in recent times? To lower fever? If it is so, i hope you got some relief.

Honestly the fever is resolving. I now think it was covid. I had a fever for 13 days. It is resolving. Today I feel totally fine but am still 99. The symptoms are that of covid and nothing that I have experience with mirt as of yet. My job is extremely high exposure and based on the stats released this week I would be a statistical anomaly to not have caught covid. It is literally impossible for me not to catch it. My gastro and my pcp still seem to remain convinced that this is likely covid related. But I am happy to report that after 13 straight days I am finally on the mend for sure. I should be back to work in a few days.

Now to answer the histamine question, I have always had histamine related issues. Not allergies, not even food allergies, but systemic symptoms associated with what I eat. Remeron withdrawal led me to realize that all of the foods that cause my ibs and gerd are ALL of the histamine diet foods. So now I can not eat bananas or strawberries or tomatoes and never could. I have always gotten sick from those. Red meat always bothered me if I ate too much so I have favored poultry as far back as I can remember. Pizza is absolute torture for me mixing tomato and cheese. I do not get severe reactions. It is a mild systemic reaction that builds up until every joint in my body is inflamed. I once had laryngitis, esophagitis, gastritis, duodenitis, bursitis and arthritis all over at the same time. I knew that foods triggered it. Thanks to mirt leading me to histamine I finally found my triggers. I can’t wait to be free of mirt so I can really start to get it all under control and yes I believe that quercetin will be helpful.

Hi Sharkie and everyone. Has anyone heard from Pokey? Just wondering how he is doing.

Sharkie, I am down to 0.012grams and will be making another cut very soon. So under 1 mg. I’m crushing my Remeron and then I mortar it real good so that it’s like powder, then I weigh the powder on the Gemini scale. So far it’s working great. I’m planning to keep going as long as it weighs out. How are you doing now?

Jackie :smitten: