Remeron (Mirtazapine) Withdrawal Support Group

[no...]

Ugh that link isn't working but I would love to look into it.  So you really think food could be doing this bcuz I have not watched my diet at all.  I'd love to make this easier on myself without a doubt!

If you click on the image of the British Flag that says site map, you will find information.

Or you could look up, low histamine foods or diet and it will give you the foods that are low and high in histamine. I also take a vegetarian formula of DAO. It was recommended to me by a member here and I have found it helpful. I don't normally have a histamine issue but decided to take it during my Mirtazapine withdrawal. I believe it has helped with my withdrawal symptoms. Here is what I use:

https://www.amazon.com/NATURDAO-Vegetable-Deficiency-Histamine-Intolerance/dp/B08R5ZVG4L

FH

Hey Final!!! Jeff here. I haven't been on BB's for....a LONG time! I got an email today that reminded me of BB's, so I decided to jump on to see if I could find you. Things are ok at my end. 27 years total of high-dose benzo as well as a 5-year or so brutal taper. Thank God I'm off that stuff!! When you get a chance, let me know how you're doing these days. Hugs to you!!!

Hey Jeff,

Its good to hear from you and thanks for checking in. I remember you finally got off and you deserve all the good the life has to offer.  You just kept going during that hard taper and continued to offer hope to others. So glad you are on the other side.

I'm doing okay despite the fact that I am tapering a medication again. I had been off benzos for 15 months and was doing well when I had to have unexpected surgery.  Even though I asked for no benzos, floriquinoline antibiotics or opiates, I was given a steroid and another antibiotics along with the general anesthesia. Had no idea till I got very sick.

I went into a huge setback after about 2 weeks and it took me down for 6 months. The symptoms were worse than my original benzo taper. Besides anhedonia, which is one of the worst things that ever happened to me, I also couldn't sleep. So I ended up on Mirtazapine again. Unfortunately, it really didn't work well so I started tapering after 7 weeks.

The good news is that my brain healed from the setback after 6 and 1/2 months and I'm now down from 7.5mgs to 2.7mgs of Mirtazapine. Once I got my brain back, things got better.

So, I'm in a good frame of mind. It has gotten easie to taper as I have gotten lower. I also am able to work more amd exercise.

I'm all right and feel optimistic about finally being med free again.

I hope you and doing well too and thanks again for checking in.

FH

Hang in there! You're a strong one  :)

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Ja...]

• [Co...]

• [ja...]

• [no...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all you beautiful people out there tapering the Mirtazapine/Remeron. I haven't been on here in a while and I am not that active anymore. I live a busy life again and I am close to healing. Survived a brutal friendship break-up and another family crisis, but the good news is, I'm still tapering. Whoohoo. I took a little break during a trip abroad and was so glad I could feel so stable again without the tapering. But life goes on and I have resumed my taper. If you know my journey, you know I am doing a very very very slow taper. I started my taper Nov '21 and I am now officially below 5 mg. I can't believe I tapered 2/3 of my original dose. :D So glad for the support I got from this support group. Hope everybody is fine.

Hi all you beautiful people out there tapering the Mirtazapine/Remeron. I haven't been on here in a while and I am not that active anymore. I live a busy life again and I am close to healing. Survived a brutal friendship break-up and another family crisis, but the good news is, I'm still tapering. Whoohoo. I took a little break during a trip abroad and was so glad I could feel so stable again without the tapering. But life goes on and I have resumed my taper. If you know my journey, you know I am doing a very very very slow taper. I started my taper Nov '21 and I am now officially below 5 mg. I can't believe I tapered 2/3 of my original dose. :D So glad for the support I got from this support group. Hope everybody is fine.

Hi Oxa,

Congratulations on getting lower on your steady taper. You are making great progress!

I too have had some major friendship losses during my tapers. In hindsight, they were meant to end and withdrawal illuminated that for me.

I'm doing well and getting lower on my dose. As always, I'm looking forward to getting off.

Final Healing

I guess that's true Final! But look at you making progress. You are getting there real soon my friend. Keep it up!

Can i ask - does everyone have trouble coming off mirtaz or do some people manage to taper without much problem? I want to taper my dose to 30

I"m not sure what to do. My doctor said yes to a liquid mirt taper. She sent it to the compounding pharmacy. It's insane!

They want to provide me with a one ML dropper. It has teeny tiny lines; okay, so that's good. But one ML of the liquid is 1.4 mg mirtazepine. How the heck am I supposed to titrate down 5%? The whole idea was to make it easier for myself, especially since my jeweler's scale is sketchy below 1.125 mg, which is where I am now.

The compounding pharmacist spent a lot of time trying to explain a formula to me. A MATH formula.

I called and asked the doctor to send in a prescription that would be 2 MG mirt to 1 ML liquid. She said she's unable to do it; the only powder that is available for her to prescribe is 1.4 mg to 1 ML. I think that's just not true. It can't be.

Does that make sense to anyone?

Any advice? I"d sure appreciate some. :o

Can i ask - does everyone have trouble coming off mirtaz or do some people manage to taper without much problem? I want to taper my dose to 30

Hi,

It's hard to predict how you will respond to tapering Mirt.

I don't know what dose you are on and what a drop to 30mgs would be for you. If you update your signature in your profile, that will help.

The general guidance on this site is to taper 5-10% every two to 4 weeks. If you are just starting a taper, you could make a 5 or 10% cut and see how you respond. Doing that a couple of times will help you figure out how much you can cut an how often.

Part of tapering for me was figuring out my pattern of withdrawal, which helped me plan and manage both my taper and life.

FH

I"m not sure what to do. My doctor said yes to a liquid mirt taper. She sent it to the compounding pharmacy. It's insane!

They want to provide me with a one ML dropper. It has teeny tiny lines; okay, so that's good. But one ML of the liquid is 1.4 mg mirtazepine. How the heck am I supposed to titrate down 5%? The whole idea was to make it easier for myself, especially since my jeweler's scale is sketchy below 1.125 mg, which is where I am now.

The compounding pharmacist spent a lot of time trying to explain a formula to me. A MATH formula.

I called and asked the doctor to send in a prescription that would be 2 MG mirt to 1 ML liquid. She said she's unable to do it; the only powder that is available for her to prescribe is 1.4 mg to 1 ML. I think that's just not true. It can't be.

Does that make sense to anyone?

Any advice? I"d sure appreciate some. :o

Hi H&C,

I suggest you post on the daily micro taper group. I asked them about liquid tapering awhile back and they were able to give me some info. http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=135284.msg3430869#new

Final Healing

I'm not necessarily looking for a taper plan just yet. I'm on 45lg and I may try a big cut to 30mg and see how it goes. If I'm okay then I'll stay at 30, if I will reinstate at 45 and follow a taper plan.

I was just looking to know if some people taper without symptoms at all