Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Remeron (Mirtazapine) Withdrawal Support Group

[no...]

It was trazodone AD. When I hit waves I would feel nausea, insomnia, weakness and more. Sometimes I felt anxiety. I felt terrible but after going through all the withdrawal at some point I realized that I felt quite a bit better after the wave. It was not a fast taper but I had kindled when I reinstated.

I have been trying to completely crossover to liquid, but I had to pause because I had dental work and now I'm feeling sick the past few weeks. I think it's possible I have Covid-19. I tried to get tested but it's too hard to get a test. I'm almost completely at all liquid but I have to wait until I'm better to cut.

Becky

My doc thinks I might have covid now. She can’t test me but I have been exposed A LOT and was showing symptoms. I am in a low risk age group and I am fine. They can’t test us here because there are not enough supplies. Everyone I work with is getting it one by one. I’m not worried at all. Never was. I was gonna hold but made my cut anyway because my fever has been gone for almost 48 hours now. I guess I’ll just proceed as usual.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Ja...]

• [Co...]

• [ja...]

• [no...]

Top Posters In This Topic

A passage from SA. Could it be right? I have just turned the 10th month and i am living the hardest anxiety of this process. The anx. that i complained months ago is a piece of cake compared to this. I hope this is real and i get through this shit. Anyone attend?

"The ten-month wave will typically hit very hard and very fast.  Flaring up unexpectedly overnight.  It is common for this wave to be severe for two to five weeks before it ends.  Sometimes it ends as quickly as it started while in other cases it tapers off over several days.  There is frequently a similar but less severe wave that hits again at twelve months and in some cases, another in the eighteen-month range.  The latter two tend to be less severe in each case. Lately I’ve been hearing about another wave that happens about the three-year mark, but I haven’t been able to find out much about it.

These waves, particularly the ten-month wave, are important milestones if they occur.  In most cases they are a marker of great improvements and are followed by a large rise in the RecoveryNormal baseline that a person experiences. RecoveryNormal being the post “0” equivalent to WDnormal which is the baseline during the tapering phase.  The RecoveryNormal baseline will continue to improve over the next several years until some semblance of full normality is achieved."

Might be because you’re cutting again. Hard to say. I hope it ramps down for you. That’s for sure.

No Jack. When i started to push taper in February, this jump out of skin anxiety was already there and i was saying that this would pass. If that was valid, you would suffer anx. with more aggresive cuts. So this isnt related to cutting. Of course it added to total but this isnt it.  Now it is time to hold again for me. Good luck for you and all of us against Corona..

[a4...]
So it’s been 2 weeks since I cut from 30 mg to 22.5 ,while nothing like benzo withdrawal, not fun either , I know it was a big cut but I took a chance to get relief from the 30 mg dose , the anxiety it was causing . I will be holding at 22.5 for a while . I hope I stabilize soon

So it’s been 2 weeks since I cut from 30 mg to 22.5 ,while nothing like benzo withdrawal, not fun either , I know it was a big cut but I took a chance to get relief from the 30 mg dose , the anxiety it was causing . I will be holding at 22.5 for a while . I hope I stabilize soon

i hope you will. What're the current sxs you live now?i advise you to update your signature because peeps who want to help you also want to see your history.

[a4...]
I feel like I’m stabilizing after 18 days , symptom we’re restless legs for a couple nights , a couple days of increased anxiety, heavy headed , weird thoughts, not terrible but not fun either . I will hold at 22.5 for the foreseeable future.

Hey all.

In the midst of a hellish K taper. Decided to give Mirt a try about 2 months ago. It seemed to help quite a lot for the first month or so, but much like every other med I've ever tried, it seems to have not only stopped working, but is now causing more problems  :(. I am considering doing a quick taper off, and hoping it will be doable since I've only been taking ~3.75mg for a fairly short time. My other option is to up the dose to see if I can get some more help out of it. Not sure it's worth the risk, though. Either way I am going to hold my K dose for a while.

Any advice is much appreciated.

[a4...]
I started Remeron after I got off benzos  , I know it definitely helped me with depression, sleep and anxiety but now that I am mostly healed from benzos at 16 months off I am starting to taper the Remeron, now I wish I never started it and toughed it out , but hindsight  is 20/20

I started Remeron after I got off benzos  , I know it definitely helped me with depression, sleep and anxiety but now that I am mostly healed from benzos at 16 months off I am starting to taper the Remeron, now I wish I never started it and toughed it out , but hindsight  is 20/20

Hmm, yea I think I better dump it now before it's really too late. I think my best bet is holding the benzos/going very very slow and not using any other "help". I'm pretty terrified, though. I'm not sure how I'm going to get through the rest of this taper and stay functional. Just push through I guess.

Hmm, yea I think I better dump it now before it's really too late. I think my best bet is holding the benzos/going very very slow and not using any other "help". I'm pretty terrified, though. I'm not sure how I'm going to get through the rest of this taper and stay functional. Just push through I guess.

but be careful about whatever you ll do. remeron wd is not a fact that you avoid.  you may have nasty withdrawal after two months. my suggestion is that neglecting rem as if you dont use it and to start tapering it after you complete benzo. if your sleep and appetite is normal, dont take into consideration other probs. I am at 10 mg, i am also having some bad issues but i am going. to me two months is an enough time to get addicted. this is my two cents.

Hey Jack, what s up dude? I am curious about the fact that whether you have covid or not. I hope you dont! Becky you dont either also! What a shit time! I believe that the people who gave these shit drugs as a gift to humanity also  have created this illness! Anyway. Pokey, how is your condition? You dropped?

but be careful about whatever you ll do. remeron wd is not a fact that you avoid.  you may have nasty withdrawal after two months. my suggestion is that neglecting rem as if you dont use it and to start tapering it after you complete benzo. if your sleep and appetite is normal, dont take into consideration other probs. I am at 10 mg, i am also having some bad issues but i am going. to me two months is an enough time to get addicted. this is my two cents.

Yea, I’m likely just in a really bad benzo wave right now. Plus my life is kind of in shambles so that’s not helping any. I do think Remeron is still helping me sleep and helping my GI issues, but it is making me gain the weight. My appetite has started to go down some, but the weight still seems to be packing on. But oh well, I’ll probably just stick with the 3.75 and start tapering the Klonopin again when I feel ready.

Hey Jack, what s up dude? I am curious about the fact that whether you have covid or not. I hope you dont! Becky you dont either also! What a shit time! I believe that the people who gave these shit drugs as a gift to humanity also  have created this illness! Anyway. Pokey, how is your condition? You dropped?

I can’t say for sure. ALL of the supervisors I was working with the last few weeks have tested positive and I had symptoms and could not get a test. So either everyone I work with had/has coronavirus and I just happened to catch something else with the same symptoms or I had it too. The doctor says I had it but without a test I guess anything is possible. It triggered a benzo wave for me and I have not had one for a while. That wave ended today. You will notice in my signature that I am holding my mirt taper right now because I was waiting for the benzo symptoms and covid symptoms to resolve.

Hey Jack, what you describe as a benzo wave might be a result of remeron tapering pace? Are you sure? I have been starting to take some relief from my anxiety for seven days, but today i woke up with some breath shortness. This leads me to some panick attacks. Is this normal? Passing from wave to window can be painful?Smooth or sharp? I am asking that because i have never experienced a window.

One more thing. Sometimes i am confused about describing breath shortness and anxiety? As i said breath shortness leads me to panick, this leads me to the anx. Do you feel this kind of things?

[a4...]
Hope you are all doing well , I think I finally stabilized from my 25 % cut , 30 mg to 22.5 mg not terrible but I won’t do that again ! Dumb question here , when I do my 10 % future cuts is it from the original 30 mg dose or from the current dose ? Thanks guys

Hope you are all doing well , I think I finally stabilized from my 25 % cut , 30 mg to 22.5 mg not terrible but I won’t do that again ! Dumb question here , when I do my 10 % future cuts is it from the original 30 mg dose or from the current dose ? Thanks guys

It is supposed to be from your current dose. However I have had very good luck so far tapering at a rate of 10 percent of my original dose every month. This month I dropped 20 percent of my current dose. I have done 20 percent before although it does start to catch up. I pretty much drop 1.2 mg per month at this point and then I just hold when it catches up to me. This last run was about 3 months straight of weekly .3 mg cuts before it caught me. I think I would have been able to keep going if I had not gotten sick.

[a4...]
Wow nice Jack , once you stabilize do you feel better overall than you did in your previous stabilization?

Ok so since it’s looking like I’ll be on this Remeron stuff for a while I have to ask. For those that had weight gain, did you continue to gain weight the whole time you were on it? Or did the gain stop after a certain amount of time?

[1c...]
7 months on it and the OCD is insane.  Never had this before this bad.  Don't know if its new benzo symptoms at 15 months off.