Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Remeron (Mirtazapine) Withdrawal Support Group

[no...]

When is the best time to start tapering Remeron if  you’re  off benzos do you wait 18 months to 24 months or there is no limit on the time after Benzos?

It’s whenever you feel ready. We all heal at different speeds. I would say when you are functioning fairly normally. If you are working full time, able to exercise, perform house chores. That is how I gauged it for myself. I started tapering mirt at 8 and a half months off Xanax. I knew I was ready.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Ja...]

• [Co...]

• [ja...]

• [no...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello Fellow Mirtazapine Taper Buddies. I just wanted offer you all a small word of advice. That is, don’t assume all your aches, pains, malaise etc is due to WD. I’ve been feeling crummy sometime and attributing it all to getting off mirtazapine.......well, this Friday I was diagnosed with atrial fibrillation. In retrospect I think a number of my symptoms are/could be attributed to the AFib. I say that because as they treat my symptoms, many of which I thought were from WD have improved with treatment for the AFib.... understand I’m not saying any of you have AFib per se, but am saying maybe all your sxs are not due to WD. Just be vigilant and take good care of yourselves.

Pokey

Thanks Pokey and sorry you have this but glad your getting treatment for it. I think this is good to know and be aware of.

Jackie  :smitten:

can you heal from benzo while on remeron?

I'm on 7.5 and have no plans to go up. When I'm ready can I c/t at that dose? Im the type that can't stand drawing things out. I'm also thinking of just doing every other day for 2 weeks then every 3 days for a couple weeks and stopping after that. Remeron

I'm on 7.5 and have no plans to go up. When I'm ready can I c/t at that dose? Im the type that can't stand drawing things out. I'm also thinking of just doing every other day for 2 weeks then every 3 days for a couple weeks and stopping after that. Remeron

It seems like we heal while on Remeron. I healed while on Remeron. I would not C/T Remeron at any dose. 10 percent reduction per month and then go faster after you feel it out if you are asymptomatic.

It seems like we heal while on Remeron. I healed while on Remeron. I would not C/T Remeron at any dose. 10 percent reduction per month and then go faster after you feel it out if you are asymptomatic.

Jack, i have started to push it 0.15 mg/weekly again. İ dont consider  such  a tiny reduction affect my healing process. What can you say about this pace as an asymptomatic person? Do you suffer any light or mild anx. at your pace?

Jack, i have started to push it 0.15 mg/weekly again. İ dont consider  such  a tiny reduction affect my healing process. What can you say about this pace as an asymptomatic person? Do you suffer any light or mild anx. at your pace?

June,

Well, firstly I am not asymptomatic. I am just mildly symptomatic. I have had symptoms so severe I went to the ER twice so far during this taper. My stomach is a mess. I get headaches and yes I do get anxiety. Most of the time my symptoms are extremely mild at this pace. I have not had to hold for a long time. It seems the lower I go the less symptoms I have. But I don’t know if I will get worse when I get below 3.75 like many have stated. My anxiety was bad when I was tapering at .3 twice per week. At .15 twice per week there is no anxiety most of the time but wvery once and a while some mild anxiety pops up.

I'm sort of wondering the same thing about starting Remeron. I'm now two years off benzos c/t and struggling to get enough sleep and feel angry all the time and anxious about every little thought that pops into my head. I can't relax at all nor can I enjoy any time with my family during the workweek. I'm thinking a lot of it is still benzo withdrawal and I need help to get through it. I was thinking of starting a small dose of Remeron to help with sleep and mood, probably nothing larger than 3.75 milligrams. What are all your thoughts?

I agree with June somewhat. It is hit or miss. It helps some people and makes others worse. It is easy to stop for some people and very difficult for others. The best case scenario is it works great and a couple years later you stop with no issues. The worst case scenario is it makes you much worse and when you try to discontinue you go through a long drawn out agonizing withdrawal.

My experience is it helped me when I need it and tapering it is not easy but tolerable.

Dont start!!! Think about any other solutions...

I really have thought about other solutions and nothing helps. The time is the only healer is starting to get on my nerves after two years off benzos. I had anxiety and sleep issues before all this, especially since I've been forced to continue working and I have a child.

I wonder if I went on it and it helped now, if I did a very gradual taper it would we easy to come off. The way I'm living is no way to live for X number of years. As I understand it, this medication doesn't work on gaba and I've communicated with a lot of people who it has seemed to help.

I really have thought about other solutions and nothing helps. The time is the only healer is starting to get on my nerves after two years off benzos. I had anxiety and sleep issues before all this, especially since I've been forced to continue working and I have a child.

I wonder if I went on it and it helped now, if I did a very gradual taper it would we easy to come off. The way I'm living is no way to live for X number of years. As I understand it, this medication doesn't work on gaba and I've communicated with a lot of people who it has seemed to help.

It helped me a lot. I just can’t recommend it. I do not regret starting it. It is just so hit or miss that I can’t tell someone to try it. That has to be your own decision. If I knew for sure you would have the same experience with it that I have then I would say go for it but there is just no way to know.

It helped me a lot. I just can’t recommend it. I do not regret starting it. It is just so hit or miss that I can’t tell someone to try it. That has to be your own decision. If I knew for sure you would have the same experience with it that I have then I would say go for it but there is just no way to know.

I agree Jack.  You have given some good advise.  Personally... I don't think I would have finished my Clonazepam taper without adding the Mirt because I was not sleeping and I have to sleep or I am non-functioning. I'm still at 7.5 mg and going to start tapering soon.  I was wondering are you cutting it or using a scale? I don't feel like titrating it like I did with the Benzo but I don't have a scale.  When I stopped taking Mirt two years back I just cut it in quarters and was off of it in about two weeks... no symptoms however I was on Clonazepam. The only thing I'm taking now is the small amount of Mirt.  :thumbsup::smitten:

Ohh pokey, i am getting achy muscles at the end. It is really terrible and i dont know whether it is because of a % 7 cut trial or side effect. I am really curious about that i should taper or not. I am going in weekly cuts again. God bless all of us...

[cd...]
Hi everyone, I have been off Xanax for 15 months after 15 years of use and on remeron for 14 months . For the last 2 months I have been on 30 mg and I have found it to be way to stimulating at that dose , three days ago I went back to 22.5 mg and have noticed the amped up feeling has went away, I hope I didn't cut too fast but I was desperate for some relief. I plan to stay on this dose for a month and see how it goes, just scared right now to get hit with sx , thanks for any advice !!

[cd...]
Just worrying if I’m going get hit with bad sx , seems like some people can lower dose and have no problem and others get hit hard, worrying about this is just causing more anxiety.

Hi everyone, I have been off Xanax for 15 months after 15 years of use and on remeron for 14 months . For the last 2 months I have been on 30 mg and I have found it to be way to stimulating at that dose , three days ago I went back to 22.5 mg and have noticed the amped up feeling has went away, I hope I didn't cut too fast but I was desperate for some relief. I plan to stay on this dose for a month and see how it goes, just scared right now to get hit with sx , thanks for any advice !!

you are about to learn the answer of the question. lol. because it is felt app. on third or fourth day of cut and arise from there and wane from the first week. but your cut is too big to accelerate, if you feel remarkable discomfort in short time you can go back your original dose and form a pattern from there. most people are trying cut&hold method and make a max. % 10 cut monthly. but some people like Jack does a tiny cut and find it more tolerable. i am in the phase of trial and if you ask me, -i am still healing from previous meds-,i have tried to push it in tiny amounts and saw no big result except for anxiety. but last week i tried to push it 7 % for just one day and found myself achy,bloated and depressed three days later. it is your decision...

[cd...]
Day 4, I feel less amped up and anxiety is way lower than it was on 30 mg. So far so good and my fingers are crossed.

Just worrying if I’m going get hit with bad sx , seems like some people can lower dose and have no problem and others get hit hard, worrying about this is just causing more anxiety.

I was down to 3.75 for years. You can get very low. it wll help sleep, make you hungry etc at almost any dose I reckon. I am in paws right now almost 2 months off.

I was down to 3.75 for years. You can get very low. it wll help sleep, make you hungry etc at almost any dose I reckon. I am in paws right now almost 2 months off.

i wonder how you have been on 3.75 mg for years and how you weaned off..

i wonder how you have been on 3.75 mg for years and how you weaned off..

My first Pharm was remeron. 30 mg. I gained weight and slept a lot. I tried to get off, after 3 months, on Dr instruction, over 3 weeks or so. It was a nightmare. Benzos came at this point.

SO I hold remeron responsible for this whole thing.

Later I used Rem as needed when I was in the last days of my job trying to keep it. 7.5 or 15. WHen I stopped working I was on 3.75 and I couldn't do anything about it until I had: taperd the benzo, had parents die, had existential crisis etc. Which takes us to October 2019.

I had steps of 3,2, and 1 mg stopping for a month at each step.

After I jumped I still didn't get hit, but then 30 days afer jumping it did hit, and I feel lousy now.

Day 7, no issues or sx so far and the anxiety has went away.

take your steps carefully, this isnt childplay, note your days and go on...

[cd...]

Day 7, no issues or sx so far and the anxiety has went away.

take your steps carefully, this isnt childplay, note your days and go on...

What do you mean ?