• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Ja...]

• [Co...]

• [ja...]

• [no...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok so since it’s looking like I’ll be on this Remeron stuff for a while I have to ask. For those that had weight gain, did you continue to gain weight the whole time you were on it? Or did the gain stop after a certain amount of time?

yes it is said that some weight gain is possible while using it but i dont. for me nor gain or lose. dont think too much about it..

I didn’t gain much weight on it , it leveled off what I did gain

yes it is said that some weight gain is possible while using it but i dont. for me nor gain or lose. dont think too much about it..

I've already gained about 10 lbs in the 2 months I've been on it, so it's been worrying me. But it's comforting to hear these comments. My appetite seems to be going back down now, so hopefully I'm done with the weight gain. 

I didn’t gain much weight on it , it leveled off what I did gain

I've already gained about 10 lbs in the 2 months I've been on it, so it's been worrying me. But it's comforting to hear these comments. My appetite seems to be going back down now, so hopefully I'm done with the weight gain.

In Xanax withdrawal I went from around 180 lbs down to 137 lbs. 180 lbs looks normal on me. I have always worked construction and except used a lot. At 137 lbs I looked like a cancer patient. It was scary. Remeron helped me regain the weight. I regained the weight in about 3 months. I gained the entire 43 lbs back. Once I got back to my normal weight the Remeron weight gain stopped. I even drop a few lbs when my activity levels are really high. I think your body gets used to the mirt after a while and the weight gain stops. Also, as I taper I have maintained my normal weight and not lost it like when I was coming off of Xanax.

Has anyone had a reaction to Allegra after they have finished their taper? I completed my taper 1/15/20 and was doing ok.  Seasonal allergies started and I took Allegra and now all hell has broken loose.  Seriously considering reinstating a low dose.

Has anyone had a reaction to Allegra after they have finished their taper? I completed my taper 1/15/20 and was doing ok.  Seasonal allergies started and I took Allegra and now all hell has broken loose.  Seriously considering reinstating a low dose.

As I tapered Mirtazapine, I always had a very hard time around allergy season anyway because of the influx of histamines. I finished my taper last June and was put on Zyrtec for seasonal allergies after one of my ears got infected and the ear drum ruptured. It (the Zyrtec) completely messed with my system. I have been tapering from the Zyrtec using the children's version which comes in liquid form and will be done with that in a month or so.

All this to say that I believe that because of Mirtazapine's affinity for the histamine receptors, we are very sensitive to any antihistamine agents, particularly after the taper has been concluded. I never really had any issues with histamines, or anti-histamines until mirtazapine.

As I tapered Mirtazapine, I always had a very hard time around allergy season anyway because of the influx of histamines. I finished my taper last June and was put on Zyrtec for seasonal allergies after one of my ears got infected and the ear drum ruptured. It (the Zyrtec) completely messed with my system. I have been tapering from the Zyrtec using the children's version which comes in liquid form and will be done with that in a month or so.

All this to say that I believe that because of Mirtazapine's affinity for the histamine receptors, we are very sensitive to any antihistamine agents, particularly after the taper has been concluded. I never really had any issues with histamines, or anti-histamines until mirtazapine.

What are your thoughts of reinstating a small dose?  I am shaking uncontrollably and panic and anxiety are through the roof.

What are your thoughts of reinstating a small dose?  I am shaking uncontrollably and panic and anxiety are through the roof.

Ugh, I hated that uncontrollable shaking - and the crawl-out-of-the-skin panic and anxiety. I can't really directly advise because you ultimately need to do what is best for you. I considered reinstating the mirtazapine at a low dose when I realized I was in trouble with the Zyrtec (early fall 2019), but ultimately chose not to and started tapering off the Zyrtec instead. If I had reinstated, I was going to reinstate at an absolutely low, low dose of mirtazapine.

I am sorry you are facing this also. The allergy season is hard for us w/ histamine impaired systems. Perhaps others will chime in as well.

Hang in there.

Ugh, I hated that uncontrollable shaking - and the crawl-out-of-the-skin panic and anxiety. I can't really directly advise because you ultimately need to do what is best for you. I considered reinstating the mirtazapine at a low dose when I realized I was in trouble with the Zyrtec (early fall 2019), but ultimately chose not to and started tapering off the Zyrtec instead. If I had reinstated, I was going to reinstate at an absolutely low, low dose of mirtazapine.

I am sorry you are facing this also. The allergy season is hard for us w/ histamine impaired systems. Perhaps others will chime in as well.

Hang in there.

Well, let me ask you this... how long did the shaking and panic last?  I haven't taken the Allegra for 6 days, and last Monday night is when I woke up and knew something was wrong.  I guess I can think about sticking it out and not reinstating if I have an idea of how long this could last.

Well, let me ask you this... how long did the shaking and panic last?  I haven't taken the Allegra for 6 days, and last Monday night is when I woke up and knew something was wrong.  I guess I can think about sticking it out and not reinstating if I have an idea of how long this could last.

The shaking and panic lasted until I dosed the Zyrtec again and that's when the lightbulb went off for me that the Zyrtec was the issue. I thought I was going through some odd wave until I realized that.

So actually, that is one thing I would advise. Perhaps take your Allegra - take it whenever you typically take it. I always took the Zyrtec in the evenings. If the shaking and panic dissipate after you take the Allegra, bingo - you have your answer. That is truly what was the "ah-ha" moment for me. I would consider doing that test.

If you are having an issue w/ the Allegra, I just looked it up and they have a children's liquid suspension for that too. Makes tapering off it easier.

Hang in there.

The shaking and panic lasted until I dosed the Zyrtec again and that's when the lightbulb went off for me that the Zyrtec was the issue. I thought I was going through some odd wave until I realized that.

So actually, that is one thing I would advise. Perhaps take your Allegra - take it whenever you typically take it. I always took the Zyrtec in the evenings. If the shaking and panic dissipate after you take the Allegra, bingo - you have your answer. That is truly what was the "ah-ha" moment for me. I would consider doing that test.

If you are having an issue w/ the Allegra, I just looked it up and they have a children's liquid suspension for that too. Makes tapering off it easier.

Hang in there.

Well, I only took the Allegra for 3 days, so I'm thinking it just ramped up my w/d symptoms since I just finished my taper in January.

Well, I only took the Allegra for 3 days, so I'm thinking it just ramped up my w/d symptoms since I just finished my taper in January.

Oh, I see. Then yeah, I'd probably just hang in there and see if the sxs decrease without jumping into reinstatement.

Hi Perth 22,

Mirt definitely gave me OCD during the 18 months that I took it.  It primarily took the form of compulsive shopping which I have never had before in my life.  Fortunately, I recognized pretty quick what was happening so it didn't cause a problem.  But there were some mornings I would wake up and have an overwhelming urge to hit the stores.  When I would get in a store, I felt strongly compelled to stay until I found something to buy.  Really bizarre.  The OCD manifested in other, less severe, ways also.  As I am tapering off the mirt (I'm jumping in 20 days)  the OCD has died down. 

Blessings on your recovery. 

Hey Dave. I have been going well for 7 seven days supposing that i may have opened a window after a very long time. But, i have returned to hell of anx. for last two days after this 7 days. Is this normal? Passing through a  wave could be painful like that. This anx. after a very long time is so interesting as if i have just quit a drug. Distraction is too hard at these times. It is likely ten month wave that i described before. I want homeostasis like anything that i have never wanted....

Thank you Ben. But i still dont understand how this cruel anxiety appears much after my unregular drug uses. It is about to become 11 months. I am getting the anx. that i didnt have in acute. The anx. that i have had in this process except for last two months was destroying me but i could distract anyhow, but my face nerves wasnt dynamic like that. Apart from this anx. the real fact breaks my hopes is this dynamism in my face nerves. Good angel on my shoulders says that "you are healing, it shakes you last time vigorously and when it finishes you ll feel more powerful than anytime you havent" the bad angel says "you downloaded so many programs and created bad sectors on your pc(damages)". this window type process made me so happy, but after that it smacked down me again. I hope and of course the good angel is right. Even looking people who fast tapered/cted/tapered benzos, my case is nothing near them and their anx. had come to a stable level after some months. On the other hand, my only notable sx after them was anx. and as if it seems it turned from debilitating to cripling. Oooo ten month wave. I hope it is, knock the door again when you ll go. Lol...

[8c...]
So after finally stabilizing from my 25% cut from 30mg to 22.5 mg I have been cutting 5% every 2 weeks at 5 days in I’m feeling pretty good , I’m hoping this slower pace will alleviate any bad sx.

So after finally stabilizing from my 25% cut from 30mg to 22.5 mg I have been cutting 5% every 2 weeks at 5 days in I’m feeling pretty good , I’m hoping this slower pace will alleviate any bad sx.

I think you’ll do much better at that pace. I am stuck right now because I am still sick. They finally gave me a covid test so I should find out in a couple of days. I thought it was the mirt catching up but this persistent fever has me thinking otherwise. I guess we will see. I was making such good progress. I really want to continue tapering but I know I can’t handle it right now.

Hang in there Jack , you have plenty of time to get back at it once you are better , I hope you get well soon !

Thanks Ben

I'm taper at 2% every 10 days. Is that a good speed. Too slow?

No such thing as too slow unless you are in a rush to get done. The slower the taper the softer the symptoms and the less chance of a protracted withdrawal. You could probably go a little faster but I wouldn’t say you’re going too slow.

Jack , when you make a cut when do you typically feel sx and how long does it usually take to stabilize ?

I only did one large cut and hold. It was 1.5 mg from 15 mg. I had no symptoms for at least 48 hours. Then it hit me relatively hard around day 3 or 4. I started to feel better around the 2 week mark and then I started pushing my .3 mg every 3 or 4 days for as long as I could stand it. The first time I allowed myself to completely stabilize was in October for a wedding. It took about 18 days to stabilize. I am also pretty stable right now having held for 2 and half weeks or so.

Also I tested negative for covid. It turns out I have folliculitis. I had this rash all over my legs from a stagnant water accident, lol. I was working on a sump pump got nasty water all over my legs which sat there all day on my wet pants which caused a follicle infection. So that is apparently why I have this upset stomach and low grade fever. It should go away within another week or so. So that explains things. They thought I have covid weeks ago when they could not test and now I am sick again so I thought it was a relapse but it turns out it was just bad luck and another unrelated infection. Well, bad luck bordering on stupidity, lol.