Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Remeron (Mirtazapine) Withdrawal Support Group

[no...]

[15...]
Who said it was child play ? I am just reporting what is happening during this taper. All I know is this , if I could get off xanax after 15 years use and mostly recover at 15 months off i'm confident I can handle damn near anything. Going through hell and surviving it will give anyone confidence. Not everone who gets off remeron suffers terribly. 

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Ja...]

• [Co...]

• [ja...]

• [no...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Who said it was child play ? I am just reporting what is happening during this taper. All I know is this , if I could get off xanax after 15 years use and mostly recover at 15 months off i'm confident I can handle damn near anything. Going through hell and surviving it will give anyone confidence. Not everone who gets off remeron suffers terribly.

I think he just means to proceed with caution. Remember that not everyone who gets off of Xanax suffers terribly. By our own description of symptoms June seems to be having the most severe symptoms here. I think he is just looking out for you, doesn’t want you to have to needlessly suffer like he has been. He has expressed much regret in making cuts that were too large for him in the beginning.

That being said you are not planning a Remeron taper right now, correct? I believe you said you are  just in the midst of a dosage adjustment.

[15...]

I think he just means to proceed with caution. Remember that not everyone who gets off of Xanax suffers terribly. By our own description of symptoms June seems to be having the most severe symptoms here. I think he is just looking out for you, doesn’t want you to have to needlessly suffer like he has been. He has expressed much regret in making cuts that were too large for him in the beginning.

That being said you are not planning a Remeron taper right now, correct? I believe you said you are  just in the midst of a dosage adjustment.

I suffered terribly in benzo withdrawal , yes my plan now is to taper it, I will hold at this dose 22.5 mg for 4 weeks and the reevaluate my plan. I hope nobody took my post as a gloat it was just a report. I appreciate you looking out for me June if that was the case :)

Hey dude why are you so aggresive to me? I have just wanted to warn you about the potential of this drug. If i knew that, i would just start in a small dose and make conscious cuts. We are here to support each other. Anyone gloat you? I dont suppose there is even one person on this forum. By the way, thank you Jack...

[15...]

Hey dude why are you so aggresive to me? I have just wanted to warn you about the potential of this drug. If i knew that, i would just start in a small dose and make conscious cuts. We are here to support each other. Anyone gloat you? I dont suppose there is even one person on this forum. By the way, thank you Jack...

I'm sorry you took it that way and thanks for the warning June, we are all here for the support , I wish everyone nothing but the best.

I suffered terribly in benzo withdrawal , yes my plan now is to taper it, I will hold at this dose 22.5 mg for 4 weeks and the reevaluate my plan. I hope nobody took my post as a gloat it was just a report. I appreciate you looking out for me June if that was the case :)

Oh okay, yeah in my opinion a 4 week hold seems like a solid plan.

[15...]

Oh okay, yeah in my opinion a 4 week hold seems like a solid plan.

I will see how I fare in these next 4 weeks and if I have no major sx I might try another 25 % cut not sure yet, that would only be if i have zero symptoms. ever since I went up to 22.5 mg I noticed the increase in anxiety.  Thanks

[15...]
Day 8, had a couple minor sx pop up, very itchy and restless legs when trying to fall asleep, maybe from the adjustment in histamine ?

Day 8, had a couple minor sx pop up, very itchy and restless legs when trying to fall asleep, maybe from the adjustment in histamine ?

Those are very common withdrawal symptoms. Oddly, restless legs were on the symptoms I had when starting Remeron at 15mg. It resolved after a month or two. I have been lucky so far with the itching.

[15...]

Those are very common withdrawal symptoms. Oddly, restless legs were on the symptoms I had when starting Remeron at 15mg. It resolved after a month or two. I have been lucky so far with the itching.

Yeah, its weird Jack, I had restless legs when I first got on remeron and it lasted many months and now it pops back again with a dose reduction, im not going to let it stop me as I will hold at 22.5 for a month. More of an annoyance, It went away once I fell asleep and I got a good night sleep.

Dont start!!! Think about any other solutions...

I really have thought about other solutions and nothing helps. The time is the only healer is starting to get on my nerves after two years off benzos. I had anxiety and sleep issues before all this, especially since I've been forced to continue working and I have a child.

I wonder if I went on it and it helped now, if I did a very gradual taper it would we easy to come off. The way I'm living is no way to live for X number of years. As I understand it, this medication doesn't work on gaba and I've communicated with a lot of people who it has seemed to help.

It helped me a lot. I just can’t recommend it. I do not regret starting it. It is just so hit or miss that I can’t tell someone to try it. That has to be your own decision. If I knew for sure you would have the same experience with it that I have then I would say go for it but there is just no way to know.

I agree Jack.  You have given some good advise.  Personally... I don't think I would have finished my Clonazepam taper without adding the Mirt because I was not sleeping and I have to sleep or I am non-functioning. I'm still at 7.5 mg and going to start tapering soon.  I was wondering are you cutting it or using a scale? I don't feel like titrating it like I did with the Benzo but I don't have a scale.  When I stopped taking Mirt two years back I just cut it in quarters and was off of it in about two weeks... no symptoms however I was on Clonazepam. The only thing I'm taking now is the small amount of Mirt.  :thumbsup::smitten:

I am doing a liquid taper. I have it prepared for me by a compounding pharmacy.

Hi Folks. I think I’m close to being off the mirtazapine entirely. Last time I posted here I reported that I had ended up in the ER/hospital with atrialFib/flutter. Since they began treating me for that I’ve been feeling quite a bit better. I’m thinking some,maybe many of my symptoms of fatigue and malaise were due to the atrial arrhythmia that I didn’t know I had. You can’t always feel it when it happens. I am currently at 0.4mg of mirtazapine and doing ok. That’s less than 5% of the 7.5mg of where I started this final taper. One more cut to 0.2mg I think and then jump. I’m sleeping ok and thinking the long road is about to come to an end  :) Never again!!!!

Pokey

Hi Folks. I think I’m close to being off the mirtazapine entirely. Last time I posted here I reported that I had ended up in the ER/hospital with atrialFib/flutter. Since they began treating me for that I’ve been feeling quite a bit better. I’m thinking some,maybe many of my symptoms of fatigue and malaise were due to the atrial arrhythmia that I didn’t know I had. You can’t always feel it when it happens. I am currently at 0.4mg of mirtazapine and doing ok. That’s less than 5% of the 7.5mg of where I started this final taper. One more cut to 0.2mg I think and then jump. I’m sleeping ok and thinking the long road is about to come to an end  :) Never again!!!!

Pokey

Congratulations Pokey, best of luck in your final cuts, well-done and hard-earned.

Dave

Pokey

Haha! Never again is right! Good luck. Almost there.

A passage from SA. Could it be right? I have just turned the 10th month and i am living the hardest anxiety of this process. The anx. that i complained months ago is a piece of cake compared to this. I hope this is real and i get through this shit. Anyone attend?

"The ten-month wave will typically hit very hard and very fast.  Flaring up unexpectedly overnight.  It is common for this wave to be severe for two to five weeks before it ends.  Sometimes it ends as quickly as it started while in other cases it tapers off over several days.  There is frequently a similar but less severe wave that hits again at twelve months and in some cases, another in the eighteen-month range.  The latter two tend to be less severe in each case. Lately I’ve been hearing about another wave that happens about the three-year mark, but I haven’t been able to find out much about it.

These waves, particularly the ten-month wave, are important milestones if they occur.  In most cases they are a marker of great improvements and are followed by a large rise in the RecoveryNormal baseline that a person experiences. RecoveryNormal being the post “0” equivalent to WDnormal which is the baseline during the tapering phase.  The RecoveryNormal baseline will continue to improve over the next several years until some semblance of full normality is achieved."

Hi juneight. I know from tapering another AD that when I hit a big wave I could look forward to a good amount of healing afterwards. I hope you experience this also. I had a big one at six months and one at 12 months. Hang in there.

Becky

On a lighter note, picking up my liquid med today my pharmacist asked me if I wanted chicken flavor lol. I barked "no, it's for me" lol.

Becky

What was the condition while living the wave? I mean what drug you fast tapered/ct ed and what drug you were still on. One more thing, when do you think to start again?

It was trazodone AD. When I hit waves I would feel nausea, insomnia, weakness and more. Sometimes I felt anxiety. I felt terrible but after going through all the withdrawal at some point I realized that I felt quite a bit better after the wave. It was not a fast taper but I had kindled when I reinstated.

I have been trying to completely crossover to liquid, but I had to pause because I had dental work and now I'm feeling sick the past few weeks. I think it's possible I have Covid-19. I tried to get tested but it's too hard to get a test. I'm almost completely at all liquid but I have to wait until I'm better to cut.

Becky