Sleep Quality Tracker started by Antibenzo7

[An...]

Hi guys,

Hope all are well. After 2 hours Sunday night, I was back to 5 hours last night, Thank God. It's been over a week since I have had 7 hours. I am waiting for another 7 or 8 hour night. This healing is so unpredictable and non-linear. One night it's 2 hours and the next it's 7.

I hope we all sleep tonight.

HM

I know, the unpredictability of this is so hard to deal with. I hope you get some good sleep!

I updated my medications and supplements in my profile. I'm only getting about 2 hours of sleep per day and I'm completely miserable. I also have sleep state misperception again. I took fish oil and DHEA last night but after reading about interactions with bipolar people and bipolar meds like Depakote, I'm not sure it is wise to continue taking them. I'm also not sure why I have insomnia this time. Could it be the TRT via testosterone cream? I was on it with no sleep issues for a month.

Hi Life,

I wish I had the answer for you regarding your meds and sleep. The only thing I can say is that I went through a period of time where I only slept 2 hours per night. It was like 3 months until finally, I started sleeping better and now I get some 5 hour nights. Hang in there. I hope it gets better for you soon.

HM

Hi all, last night I slept around 7 hours. I got up once to the bathroom. It was heavenly.

Onward and upward.

TS, I hope your eyes are doing better.  Fall weather is always nice to enjoy outside. Our red maple by the pond is beginning to turn red. I love watching it change each fall.  The pond  bull frog that came last year and wintered over, left in search of a mate perhaps, early this summer. I keep hoping he will venture back, but he has not.  It was fun while it lasted.

Lifeinchaos, loss of sleep is so unnerving.  Anything I put in my mouth or on my body is always suspect. Beings the testosterone cream has been in use for a while, it wouldn't seem to be the problem, now.  Not sure about the fish oil and DHEA. Maybe try going without them for a few nights and see what happens.

Stay strong,

NG

Hey NG, I slept around 7 hours too:) I got up to go to the bathroom 3 times and was able to go back to sleep each time. It was heavenly, as you say.

Hoping for another night like that tonight,

HM

Hey NG, I slept around 7 hours too:) I got up to go to the bathroom 3 times and was able to go back to sleep each time. It was heavenly, as you say.

Hoping for another night like that tonight,

HM

Hi HM, so glad you're getting some sleep!  I had my third night in a row of sleep.  It's surprising and nice.  Unfortunately it doesn't stop the daytime anxiety, but at least I know I'm getting the sleep I need. 

Hi Sage,

I am so glad you got some sleep! It feels good to sleep. I just had a 2 hour night a few nights ago so I never know what I am going to get but I am grateful when sleep comes. Congratulations, again:)

HM

Hi all,

Congratulations everyone on good sleep! Must be something in the air...

Hopefully you all turned a corner.

My right eye is still problamatic. The pupil is enlarged which makes for a blurred sight. The meds cause this enlarged pupil as one of the side effects. Muscle pain and stiffness,  joint pain,  tiredness and headache are some of the others. My luck...

Luckely sleep is just fine!

Hope you enjoy your Friday. 

TS

Hi TS,

Sorry your eye is causing you problems. Both of my eyes are watering now. It used to be just one.

As far as sleep goes, I got about 2 hours last night :(

I hope I am back to 5+ tonight. At least I got 'some' sleep. It's better than nothing.

Hi all, hope everyone is getting at least some sleep.  Mine is back down.

The night I had seven hours, I thought to take a teaspoon of honey before bed. I actually didn't think about the honey when I slept so very well. Anyway, it all came back to me, so I took another teaspoon the next night and sleep fairly well, but not seven hours. If it was the honey, by the third night, it stopped working.

I have an appointment with the orthopedic doctor next Thursday to set up a surgery time for my right knee replacement. It will probably be after the new year and I am so dreading having another one done.  The end result is good, but getting there is rough going. 

Other than that, nothing else new here. Oh yes, the new doctor was horrible. We won't go back. At least she made the current one look not so bad. lol

My husband is on low dose of triazolam and the doctor (she's not an MD, but a Ph.D!!!!!!!!!) started yelling at us within a minute after coming into the room about not giving my husband this drug any longer. I told her that his neurologist said it was okay for him to continue on the drug, then she shouted that if the neurologist wants him on it, then he should write the prescription. I was speechless.

The waiting room was an odd place, with having to ring a bell outside, then having someone open the door and take our temps. There were several people that came in after we did that looked homeless. One man did not have a mask on and grumbled when the receptionist brought him one  to wear. 

The whole place left me wondering.

TS, I am sorry to hear your eyes are bothering you. This has to be very frustrating.  The muscle and joint pain/stiffness as well as being tired and having a headache sounds even more frustrating. I wish you better days soon. 

HM, sorry to hear your sleep is down again. I hope you get some much needed sleep tonight!

Sage, that's great you are getting sleep. The daytime anxiety can be stressful.  Wishing you better days, also.

NG

Hi Guys,

Just a quick check in to say that my sleep is middle of the road. I got, at most, 4 hours last night. I need another 7+ hour night. I want to be healed!

HM

Hi Sage,

I got another 4 hours last night and I have had high anxiety today. I am down to .8mg/day of Xanax so I am getting close to jumping.

I have had a really hard life with a lot of bullying and so I have PTSD that contributes to my anxiety.

Hoping tonight will be better.

HM

Hi Sage,

I got another 4 hours last night and I have had high anxiety today. I am down to .8mg/day of Xanax so I am getting close to jumping.

I have had a really hard life with a lot of bullying and so I have PTSD that contributes to my anxiety.

Hoping tonight will be better.

HM

It sounds like you going through so much, HM.  Feel free to DM me if you need to talk.  I'm so sorry things are so very tough right now. 

Hi everyone,

It's a mixed bag for some of you: no sleep, some sleep and even the occasional 7 hour night! There's no sense in all of that.

We just have to soldier on, I guess.

NG,  Wow, what a story! Hard to grasp there still are doctors like that! You're right about no going there again. Some doctors forget that they're here for us and not vice versa! Ughhh.

Hope you'll find a better one soon.

Your remedies for sleep are still only ' 2 nights solutions ' , I see. Too bad.

I hope you all had a pleasant weekend. Wishing you a wonderful Monday.

Trochsetter

Ps. My eye might be getting a little better. Stopped my meds to see if the pupil gets smaller again.

Hi guys,

Last night was a zero-hour perceived night. I haven't had one of those in a while. It's scary. Just a few nights ago, I was sleeping 7 hours. I hope I am back to that tonight.

Hope you are all doing well and getting some sleep.

Hello HM,

Sorry you didn't sleep at all last night.  Horrible. But to look on the bright side: it can hardly get any worse!  So just keep counting on that.

Wishing you an enjoyable day!

Stay strong.

TS

TS,

I have only had maybe 4 zero-hour nights total even though I have had tons of nights with just 1 or 2 hours. I am really hoping I get some sleep tonight. I'd be very happy with my usual 4 hours at this point.

TS, I wish my husband was not on Triazolam, but he is and tapering him off might or might not be a problem. 

As a surgeon once said to me, after doing a lung biopsy and finding his lymph nodes dissipating, your husband is an enigma. Indeed he has been.

Not sure if I will continuing searching for a new doctor unless I get a personal recommendation for one.

My sleep is mostly gone. I should be used to this.

Hopefully your eye is doing better and stopping the meds helps the pupil.

Snow may be on the way here tomorrow. Uff

Take care,

NG

TS,

I am sorry your eye situation is bothering you so much. Both of mine were watering for a long time but they have slowed down some. I wonder if it's related to my insomnia?

NG,

I am sorry your sleep is gone. That's really hard. I slept about 4 hours last night, thank God. It's certainly better than zero. Today, I took a hydroxyzine and laid down for an hour but no sleep came. I havent been able to nap during the day for a couple years. Maybe more. About 6 or 7 years ago, I used to sleep 8 or 9 hours a night and I was also able to take a 2 hour nap during the day. Those were the days!

Have a great day, everyone.

HM

Hi all,

I hope your sleep has improved these last few nights.

Yesterday was 4 months since coming off of Diazepam! Yey!

The last week or so my feet have been giving me more pain again. So walking is more difficult at the moment.  I had hoped this was all in the passed, but not so. Not sure what causes this. Could be one of a couple of things or maybe several. Colder and wetter weather, Fibromyalgia resurfacing, side effect of the eye meds. Or perhaps because of tapering off the Paxil too fast. My legs are quite painful at night, so sleep wasn't at all great last night.

I do hope things will improve soon.

My right eye is getting a bit better. Still not really sharp vision,  but less overly-bright, because the pupil has returned to a more normal size.

Wishing you all a lovely day!

TS

TS,

Sorry about your leg pain but glad your eye is getting better. I am also sorry it is impacting your sleep. Last night was only 2 hours for me. Praise God, I slept a little bit but not much. Healing is definitely not linear as I was averaging 4 to 5 hours a night for about 5 weeks now I am back down to 0 to 2 hours. It's hard.

NG,  I hope you are doing well and your sleep is good.

HM

Sorry about your sleep, HM.  It's so, so hard and miserable.  Wish we could give each other real hugs for encouragement.  I honestly think that if more of us could have healing human contact every day, it would make things more bearable.

Sage,

You're so right! I am single and I spend money I don't have on massages just to get that soothing touch. I so enjoy it. If I won the lottery, I'd hire a live-in massage therapist, lol.

I'm hoping tonight I have better luck. I hope your sleep is going OK too.

HM

Sage,

You're so right! I am single and I spend money I don't have on massages just to get that soothing touch. I so enjoy it. If I won the lottery, I'd hire a live-in massage therapist, lol.

I'm hoping tonight I have better luck. I hope your sleep is going OK too.

HM

I'm not doing great - 4 last night and 3 the night before.  But it's definitely better than zeros.  I hope we both do better tonight!

The massages I get from hubby are pretty lame - he has weak hands.  My son is strong but his massages feel like he's trying to kill me, lol.  I so need a professional massage!

[63...]