Sleep Quality Tracker started by Antibenzo7

[An...]

Hello ladies,

Glad to read some good news on the sleep-front! Better times are getting here.

NG,  how nice to see you were feeling well yesterday.  It's so normal for most people,  but for us it's a truly precious feeling! I hope you enjoyed it.

My eye is a little better today. I'll be seeing the eye-doctor again late September. Trying to cut down on screen time.  Hard one, that!

We had a couple of lovely days weather wise. Today is a dark and moist one again. It didn't stop me from taking a nice bike ride though.

Enjoy your weekend!

TS

Hi everyone, today is a day I will never forget, but the sadness of remembering is always there.

My heart goes out to everyone who lost someone on that fateful day.

Last night I slept so very well. It feels wonderful, for the two times I awoke, I went right back to sleep.

When I awoke this morning, I got  up and did my 30 minute walk and then did some PT and sit ups.

Today I fed the birds outside, watered some flowers, and worked on a puzzle.

TS, that's good your eye is a little better. Hopefully the eye doctor appointment gives you some more relief. 

Keep up those bike rides.

It's always good to hear from you.

NG

Hi all, I hope everyone's Sunday is going well.

Mine is fine, though I did not sleep at all last night. I did nothing that would have brought that on, but there it was.

Ended up getting up to walk at 6:00 am, so all was not lost.

No PT this morning.

I manicured my nails, also, as since I have been taking this protein supplement from Costco, my nails grow quite well.

My brain feels heavy or clunky. It is difficult to describe, it's kind of like a bowling ball is there instead of gray matter. meh

Wishing you all a great Sunday.

NG

Hi NG,

Sorry your sleep was non-existing last night.

But the night before was great, so you know you're still able to rest those "little grey cells" as Hercule Poirot calls them. Well, today it could be the " big black bowling ball. "  How's that for an allitoration?

Great stuff doing your walk. Is your knee ok?

I went for a walk and a bike ride today. Both not too long or too fast. Just relaxing and getting some fresh air and sunshine.

Enjoy the rest of your Sunday!

And sleep well tonight!

TS

TS, I hope your eye starts getting better soon. My left eye is bothering me too. Every morning, I wake up, it is glued shut but I am not having problems with my right eye. I may have to call my doctor about it.

NG, I am sorry you didn't get much sleep last night. Like TS, said, at least you slept well the night before. I hope you have a great Sunday and I hope you sleep great tonight.

I slept 6 broken hours last night but at least I slept. I will take it! I am tired today, despite sleeping. Hopefully, I will perk up as the day goes on.

Happy Sunday, everyone,

HM

Good morning everyone,

Hope your sleep was fine!

HM,  sorry about your eye. Can you see clearly with it or is the vision blurred and troubled by floaters like mine is? Hope it gets better soon.

Slept reasonably well last night, but the last hours my left hip and thigh were painful. Being up and active again the pain is less at the moment.

Wishing you all a relaxing Monday!

TS

Hi everyone,

My anxiety is bad the last few days. Especially in the morning. I have had horrible anxiety my whole life and I don't know how I am going to make it without Xanax. I am just 6 weeks from being off it. I took my .6mg this morning but I am still anxious.

I slept about 5 hours last night. I stayed the night at a friends house and she is a very calming person and easy to be around so I am hoping my anxiety comes down a bit.

Wishing you all a Happy Monday:)

HM

My sleep is so bad right now. I don’t know how to get out of this hole I’m in. I do everything right every day. I just don’t understand

I know what you mean. I can't tell the difference between what I do on nights I sleep and what I do on nights that I don't. I know that my first good night of sleep is when I went back to the gym, so I try to keep going just to help my sleep.

Wishing you good sleep soon, huge ((((((((HUGS))))))))

HM

Hi everyone,

My anxiety is bad the last few days. Especially in the morning. I have had horrible anxiety my whole life and I don't know how I am going to make it without Xanax. I am just 6 weeks from being off it. I took my .6mg this morning but I am still anxious.

I slept about 5 hours last night. I stayed the night at a friends house and she is a very calming person and easy to be around so I am hoping my anxiety comes down a bit.

Wishing you all a Happy Monday:)

HM

Hearmost, if your anxiety is getting that bad due to the cuts, maybe your brain needs a hold to catch up with the cuts, to give it time to heal before moving further down. I wish I'd gone slower in 2019 and I wouldn't have gone into acute wd, wouldn't have reinstated, and wouln't even be here since two years ago. But here I am. So my opinion is that you'd be better off holding for a while if and only if your doctor will support you prescribing for longer of course. In any case, you know better than anyone what's best for you.

Hi HM,

I was going to say that, or things of the same content, but Valiumnomore beat me to it!

Perhaps holding for a while could ease the anxiety. With anxiety being too high it's not time to taper on and get off.

What's another few months in a taper ic it could improve you're overall well being, right?

But you are the only one that can make the right decision for you.

There’s a thread on here called "Understanding morning anxiety." Maybe it could help.

Good luck. Hug!

TS

VNM and TS,

You make a good point. Maybe I will hold for a while. I am not sure if my anxiety is organic or WD anxiety. Maybe I will wait another week before I cut again or 2 weeks. Thank you for your input. On another note, I have been sleeping 4+ hours a night for the last 3 weeks but last night was back to 2 hours and it was broken sleep at that. I totaled 2 hours of bits of sleep here and there and I am tired and anxious this morning.

Wishing you a happy Tuesday and a good night's sleep tonight.

HM

I was able to sleep in the morning hours for a few more hours, and woke up  very tired, what's the point :-\  Is this a thing going to sleep again in the morning can cause  to be lethargic?

Hi guys,

I slept about 6 hours last night, broken, of course and I am still tired today and can't wait to go to bed again tonight. My life revolves around bed and sleep. This morning, I am anxious and panicky. I am hoping it will get better as the day goes on. I live with chronic panic.

Hoping you all have a great Thursday,

HM

Hi guys,

I slept about 6 hours last night, broken, of course and I am still tired today and can't wait to go to bed again tonight. My life revolves around bed and sleep. This morning, I am anxious and panicky. I am hoping it will get better as the day goes on. I live with chronic panic.

HM

HI HM I hope your hold will get you to a lower state of terror so that you can sleep a bit more and live a bit better. Fear is my companion every single day since 2019, and I don't know if I'll every overcome it as my brain is really fried by this drug. I talk myself out of the fear in some way, so the feeling is there but I negotiate with the thoughts, if that makes sense.

Hi guys,

HM

HI HM I hope your hold will get you to a lower state of terror so that you can sleep a bit more and live a bit better. Fear is my companion every single day since 2019, and I don't know if I'll every overcome it as my brain is really fried by this drug. I talk myself out of the fear in some way, so the feeling is there but I negotiate with the thoughts, if that makes sense.

VNM,

I have also had chronic panic since before Xanax. I hope it will resolve someday but I have no way of knowing. I am sorry you have constant fear. I feel your pain. Hoping and praying we both feel better and can get over our constant fear.

HM

Hello everybody,

Bonty, that's a tough one!  On the one hand you would think that every minute of sleep counts, so sleeping in the morning could be fine. On the other hand, you always read the advise to stick to set times for sleep no matter how bad the previous night was. I did the latter: in bed by 11 pm and getting up at 8 am no matter what. I feel this eventually got me back into the proper night/ day ritme. But that's just my guess.

HeartMost,  Glad you slept some 6 hours. Sorry your life revolves around bed and sleep ( or the lack there off). Focusing on that could perhaps increase the problem. Like Val says, it would be good to try and make it less important. Try to take some distance. If that makes any sense. Just accept that's how it is right now. Like you often say...I 'll take it... That's a very good way to process the issue. I hope decent sleep may soon be yours again!

The constant anxiety is awful. I am so thankful mine is gone for more than a year now. The crippling fear and chemical anxiety are two of the hardest things to deal with. I wish both you and Val a life without those terrible things.

Try to enjoy your Friday!

Trochsetter

Hello everybody,

Bonty, that's a tough one!  On the one hand you would think that every minute of sleep counts, so sleeping in the morning could be fine. On the other hand, you always read the advise to stick to set times for sleep no matter how bad the previous night was. I did the latter: in bed by 11 pm and getting up at 8 am no matter what. I feel this eventually got me back into the proper night/ day ritme. But that's just my guess.

HeartMost,  Glad you slept some 6 hours. Sorry your life revolves around bed and sleep ( or the lack there off). Focusing on that could perhaps increase the problem. Like Val says, it would be good to try and make it less important. Try to take some distance. If that makes any sense. Just accept that's how it is right now. Like you often say...I 'll take it... That's a very good way to process the issue. I hope decent sleep may soon be yours again!

The constant anxiety is awful. I am so thankful mine is gone for more than a year now. The crippling fear and chemical anxiety are two of the hardest things to deal with. I wish both you and Val a life without those terrible things.

Try to enjoy your Friday!

Trochsetter

yes Trochsetter, I should set fixed sleeping schedules I haven't , its so hard!

Hello bonty,

You're right. It's very hard when sleep is bad. Getting up feeling as tired as can be, tired all day and allready scared of what tonight is going to be like. But trust your body and mind: you can do this! It may take what feels like forever, but better sleep will return.

Trust. Keep hope.

Good luck.

TS

Good day all,

It is a cool fall day and quite nice out. I have 30 plus tomatoes from my garden that I need to deal with today. Last week I froze some, also. They will make good sauces and soups this winter.  I also have some bell peppers to freeze.

Anyway, it is good to see some are doing well with sleep.  For those who are not, hang in there. Things do improve. We need to know that sleep is up and down and sometimes all over the place, but the key is to be happy with what we get. 

Last night I slept well until a little after 3 am. I think I did sleep after that, but finally got up at 5:45 to walk. I am just happy I can walk.

All in all I slept a good five or more hours.

HM, I hope your pain eventually resolves. I can't imagine being in constant pain with no relief.

TS, I hope you are doing well and your eye is improving.

Bonty, I am sorry for you lack of sleep. Hang in there, as it will one day get better.

Take care all,

NG

Hi NG,

Glad to see you're being busy in the garden. Sounds delicious, tomatoes and bell peppers.

Gardening can be so relaxing. The exercise and oxigen  that come with it are free of charge.

Good to hear you're walking every day. A big kudos to you!

So happy your sleep still is improving, albeit slowly. 

My eye is more or less the same: I try not to let it bother me too much.

Went for a haircut this afternoon. The lady told me how well I looked.

It felt great to receive that compliment. Who wouldn't,  right?

Enjoy your Friday!

TS.  Hug

NG, congratulation son your 5+ hours of sleep last night! That must have felt good :)

TS, That's nice that you got a compliment. It always feels good to get a sincere compliment.

Last night, I got 3 to 4 hours of deep sleep. I was awake until the wee hours of the morning and then finally went to sleep. I took Vistaril last night and I am not as anxious this morning. It didn't put me to sleep right away though. I had to wait hours to go to sleep, just rolling around. Hopefully, tonight will be better.

HM

Hello HM,

So glad you had a few hours of deep sleep! Deep sleep lets us recover!  And, there's more where that came from! Trust and it will happen...

Wow, less anxiety this morning!  Congratulations!  Try to enjoy the feeling. You deserve it.

Take care and sleep well!

TS.

Thank you, TS! It sucks to have your life revolve around sleep and when you're going to get some. I miss the days of Xanax working for me and getting 8+ hours of deep sleep. Now, I have to rely on my body to do that on it's own. It's not as easy! But, slowly, it is happening.

HM

[ae...]