Sleep Quality Tracker started by Antibenzo7

[An...]

Hello nightengale,

Really glad you're back again.

Your mom wasn't waiting for that kind of birthday surprise. Being left without power, heat and water isn't what you'ld call a birthday gift.

At least you were able to celebrate and enjoy each others' company.

Well, it's that time of the year for having snow and cold weather. I wish you snow, but clean roads. If only...

This last Tuesday I had the dental surgery done that was in the books. Amazing what those dentists can do. Not a lot of pain afterward, only moderate swelling and minor bleeding. Tylenols work wonders in this case. Next week the stitches are coming out.

Tonight we're most likely going into another complete lockdown. Omikron rules...No more Delta or what have you. Ugh.

Next week I 'm having my booster shot.

I hope your weekend is a nice one!

Take care.

Trochsetter

Good morning TS, Congratulations on your 6 month anniversary! You are putting so many miles behind you.

I wish you good healing after your dental surgery.

That's a low note that you are going into another lockdown. Maybe it will not last through Christmas.

Hopefully your booster shot gives you no or at least very mild symptoms. I only had a sore arm and felt very tired the next day.  I felt fine the third day, except my arm was sore for a few more days. I slept on my left side, so had the shot in my right arm. That helped me to be more comfortable sleeping. 

The trip to my mother's was tiring, so I came home and slept a good 8 hours last night, plus I took an hour nap today. I feel quite rejuvenated.

Enjoy your Sunday.

NG

Hello nightengale,

Thank you for you best wishes. My dental stuff is slowly mending.

The benzo life seems like ages ago. A while back I had a bit of an off-day. I tried to think of the name for that in benzo terms , but just

wasn't  able to come up with it...wave being that word, of course!  How's that for leaving all that behind?

The lockdown is at least until January 14. Our government was always blamed for reacting slowly to  new developments.This time they're jumping the gun, the critics claim. It's hard to get it right.

Many people complain about having a sore arm and headaches after they had their 3rd shot. Oh well, I'll just wait and see what happens.

Wonderful news about your sleep!  I can believe you're feeling a lot younger after that..! A few more nights like that and you'll be in your teens again. Haha!

Another mist filled day. But from tomorrow the sun is back for a day or two. Getting a bit colder as well.

Have a nice day of rest.

Trochsetter

Good day, my sleep started out well, but failed to hold up as well as it had been.  I still did okay, so am not complaining.

TS, so if I keep this up, I may go back to being an unfertilized egg like The Curious Case of Benjamin Button?

On a more serious note, with sleeping better and having my right knee replaced, I may very well feel like participating once again in the BolderBoulder 10K race next May. It has been awhile, perhaps 5 or so years. Then again, I might not. ha

That is quite a long lock down. I did read in the news about the Netherlands going on a  fairly stringent lockdown. Hopefully it helps slow the spread. Do you think that neighbors will report neighbors if they see too many people going into homes on Christmas?

You did very well putting the benzo days behind you when you could not think of wave. That's good!

We have lots of sunshine today, but what we really need is snow.

I do hope to enjoy this lovely Sunday.

NG

Hello NG,

Well, just try to sleep as best you can without thinking about becoming an egg in the process... :D

Might I suggest you skip the Bolderboulder for a year or so? At least the run, the walk might be in order. :laugh:

A lockdown is as hard as a person makes it. Myself, ihave no issues with it at all. It's a bit of an inconvenience perhaps. The powers that be our unsure about the severity of the latest variant of the virus. So it buys them time to sort things out.

I don't think people are going to report anyone. It's in our nation's  DNA  to try and stretch rules and regulations a bit... :)

We too had a wonderful sunny day! No wind, just above freezing.  Went for a lovely bike ride this afternoon. Great.

Having my booster shot tomorrow. And my dental stitches get removed.

Have a lovely day!

Good morning TS, it seems like we are "the last men standing," LOL

I'm still sleeping, though last night it seemed I was awake more than I have been lately. 

Today I have a dermatologist and dental appointment, then I can focus on Christmas the rest of the week.

Last night I watched The Sound of Music. It is such a sweet, lovely movie.

Indeed lock downs are more of an inconvenience than anything else. Most of us are in the routine, so now it doesn't really matter what happens with lock downs.

Your bike ride sounded quite nice.

Hopefully your booster shot doesn't cause too many reactions. It will be great to get those stitches out, also.

Have a wonderful Tuesday.

NG

Hello nightengale,

The same thought had crossed my mind. But no worries, we'll continue this as long as we both enjoy it.

Sorry your sleep is like this lately. It'll get better again,  it always did and will do. But nights like these do suck, as is the saying nowadays.

So today is two for the price of one...Best of luck with both appointments.

The booster shot went fine. Earlier this morning there was a nationwide hick-up in their computer system, resulting in many people waiting outside. By the time I was scheduled everything was OK again.

The dentist just had to remove one stitch. The other one had decided to leave my mouth yesterday evening. I got the all clear. He did advise me to continue rinsing my mouth with an antibacterial liquid for another week. The stuff changes my taste a bit, but that's not a problem. Rather that than inflammation and antibiotics!

Today was another lovely day. But I only took a walk. Too much else on the agenda...

An hour or so ago I got a nasty headache.  Perhaps courtesy of Moderna.

Enjoy your day and stay safe.

TS

Hi NG,

I hope you're doing OK after a decent sleep.

My sleep has been a bit odd lately.  I tend to wake up around  1.50 am. for the last week or so. After that I get back to sleep again, but keep having those frustrating  dreams,  in which I'm having quite intens issues with school children  I taught years and years ago. They appear quite lively in my dreams. Must be some unsolved trauma...  :idiot:  Who knows what else will show up.  ;)

A couple of hours after I had the booster shot I got a headache and lateon felt really tired. I gave in to my body's signals and didn't watch any tv. Went to bed earlier. Today's fine. I cleaned the living room windows. Had a nice walk. It was cold but in a pleasant way!

Did you finish your Christmas preparations yet?

Hopefully your day is fine!

Take care.

TS

Ps down to 2 mgs of Paxil today! The aim is again to walk off December 31. Fingers and everything else crossed!

Hi TS, I dropped the ball yesterday and didn't reply.

The 1:50 wake up time is unsettling. Hopefully that goes away. 

Perhaps the school children dreams are from unsolved trauma. Teaching does that. 

Your symptoms sound familiar. I also had the Moderna shots and similar symptoms that were gone the next day with the exception of the sore arm.

Washing the living room windows and the nice walk was a good thing.

Walks in the cold are always refreshing. 

Yesterday, I wrapped all of the gifts, so that is mostly done.  There were not a lot, like when the children and grand children were little, which is nice.  Everyone gets money with a couple of added wrapped gifts.

Our granddaughter wanted horse stuff, so that's what she is getting. I wrapped the box that everything came in, so that was easy.

Today I will make a couple more Christmas goodies and I'm done.  I'm trying to decide if I should make rum balls. I would want to eat some, but probably should not. Two years ago, I bought a bottle of dark rum to make those Christmas treats, but then my mother fell and broke her hip, so the rum is still unopened.

I don't want to do anything that might irritate the healed receptors in my brain. Someone on this site won't even use rubbing alcohol on his skin because of the absorption of alcohol, so rum balls should be a big no no for me.  ::)

Congratulations on getting down to 2mgs of Paxil! December 31 will be here before you know it! A great way to start the New Year!

Take care,

NG

Hello NG,

Hope you slept well last night!

I woke up around 3 am. to go to the bathroom. Went straight back to sleep, with no stupid dreams. Was woken by the alarm: 7.45 am. So a great sleep.

Today the cleaning lady came. I always do my part of the work. Around noon I felt really tired all of a sudden. Maybe because of yesterday's window washing. I took it easy this afternoon and did nothing. Time out!

Our nice and sunny winter weather has disappeared overnight. Today it rained again, with temperatures only just above freezing, so the roads were slippery this morning.

Glad you got the gifts in order.

Those rum balls sound delicious but are probably best left alone. Maybe next Christmas...

I plan to stop taking Paxil when I have reached 1 mg. Like with the Diazepam, I didn't taper down to zero but quit when the pieces became almost impossible to split. The human body is capable of achieving great things, so I think it'll cope.

A few days into 2022 I'll be starting to taper off my calory intake. Paxil is known for causing weight gain. It did in my case. Nothing terrible, but nevertheless I put on a couple of extra kilos, that must come off again.

Time for bed. Sleep well.

TS

Hi NG,

I hope you digested Christmas.  Glad that's over, in my case. Counting down to 12 at night on December 31th.

How has your sleep been this week? Hopefully you got your 7 hours per night.

These last few nights my sleep was worse than usual. Night before last I hardly slept at all. Or so it felt. My muscles and left hip are giving  me more pain. Yesterday walking was really hard to do as well.

Thankfully last night good sleep was back again. But also the early morning pain in muscles, joints and perhaps even bones. Ughh.

Well, another year almost over, a new one about to start. Let's hope it's a good one, without ...fill in the dots.

Wishing you and yours a peaceful transit from 21 to 22.

Stay safe!

Trochsetter.

Good morning TS, Congratulations on finishing your taper off of Paxil!! Another milestone in your life. I am so proud of you!!

Here we are at another new year. Hard to believe it is 2022. I remember so well when we left the 90s. 2000 was such a milestone.

The computers didn't stop working and everything went on like any other day. 

In 2000, were on a New Year's cruise going through the Panama Canal with family and friends. It was a fun time and so memorable.

I remember sitting in the grand atrium, sipping champagne, waiting for the balloons to drop. it was a sweet, magical time. 

Now I am in bed by 9, asleep by 10 and smiling when I hear someone lighting fireworks at midnight when it is snowing like a blizzard outside and the temp is just above 0 F. ha

My sleep is between 7 and 8 hours most nights. I feel so fortunate to have come this far.  it was a long road, but not an impossible one. Perhaps it is time to write my success story.

Happy New Year!!

NG

Hello nightengale,

Again:

A happy New Year and may your days be merry and bright...and your sleep be deeper and long!  I'm so glad for you, now that your sleep is so much better and becoming more of a rule than an exeption. You so deserve it. :thumbsup:

Your memories of yesteryear filled with nice thoughts of holidays sound wonderful.

I read about people in Colorado being evacuated because of the severe winter weather. Glad to hear you're not among them.

We had record high temps on December 31st, followed by a record high January 1st. Weird, right?

I'm so glad I was able to end my Paxil taper after all, like I had planned earlier.

In a week or so the final traces of it will have left my system.

Down from 6 or 7 different meds in the depths or my dispair some 2,5 years ago to just the one. A simple bowl muscle relaxer I have used for many  years to help with my IBS. No more "mr. Chemical waste bin..."  :D

Let's hope and pray things are going to get better this year. There's so much to wish for. And so much to be grateful for.

Enjoy your day!

Trochsetter

TS,

Congratulations on getting off of Paxil! Yay! Good for you!

NG,

I am so inspired by your success with your insomnia! I remember well when I was sleeping 2 hours and you were sleeping 4. Now you are sleeping 7 to 8 and I am sleeping 4 to 6. I am optimistic, finally, but for me it is back and forth. I slept 8 to 9 hours 2 nights ago, and the very next night, I slept 4 broken hours. I am not there yet!

Happy New year to both of you!

HM

HM, so glad you stopped in! You are getting there, just as do many of us have done.

I remember wondering if I was broken and forever damaged, but we are survivors and healing will come.

Four to six hours is good. Just try to be patient and know that we are all on the journey to healing.

TS,

We had some terrible winds, followed by fires in the suburb just up the road from where I live.  I remember thinking the firemen will get this grass fire out, but the winds grew worse and the fire began to spread and soon houses were burning, and soon the entire subdivision was in fire.             

The winds were an incredible 115 mph. The town had been quickly evacuated. I was so shocked.

I felt we were safe, but then they ordered a pre-evacuation for parts of Arvada. I then worried about our children and our granddaughter's horse.  The stable is just downwind from the subdivision that was burning.  Finally the wind started to lessen and the evacuation was not enacted.

Anyway, snow came yesterday and last night with frigid temps of around 6 F.

Homeless families are returning to what was once their homes and searching for cherished things under the snow. It is tragic.

Your record high temps are weird!  Enjoy the warm temps.

The 2.5 years are behind you.  Like you, I counted the days until the clonazepam was out of my system. That was so important to me. 

I also had IBS brought on by the benzo taper. It did eventually leave, as my road to recovery continued. 

I am praying for a better year.

NG

Hi HM,

Nice to see you back on here!

Thanks for your Congrats. Being able to taper off of 2 awful meds fills me with pride and gratitude.

How marvellous ,now that your sleep has improved so much over the last few months. Congrats right back to you,

Hi NG,

Wow, quite a frightening story. I cannot begin to imagine hiw scared and worried you must have felt! 

So happy you were spared this devistation!

I looked up facts about the climate in Colorado.  From deep freeze to scorching hot.  I'm not sure which one I 'd prefer, yours of ours. We often joke about being the only country with at least 5 climates in less than 24 hours...lol

Today I started to eat less (and especially snack less). The Paxil pounds will have to come off!  Here too, it's taking it slow that wins the race.

Seeing the dentist this Tuesday from a final check-up. Things feel good, so no worries there.

I finished the eye meds last week as well. Back to the doctor in 3 weeks time. I do believe my sight is slowly getting  better.

Enjoy the rest of this Sunday, ladies.

TS

Hi guys,

Last night was about 5 to 6 hours for me. I am due for another 8 hour night. Hopefully soon!

TS,

I am trying to lose some medication weight myself! Good luck to both of us.

NG,

I am glad you are OK! We have snow and ice here, in Seattle, but nothing like what you have.

Hope 2022 is going great for you so far!

HM

Hi,

The days are counting down until Friday. Today I changed and washed sheets. Tomorrow I shall call physical therapy and set up a schedule.

Three to five days after surgery they want me jumping through hoops. I can do that! lol

TS, we like people to believe the temps here in Colorado are wicked. The state is way too crowded. 

I found the article I felt you read and thought, yes, yes, that's it!  Actually the description was interesting, as it described the state from one end to the other.

Snow arrived a little too late for so many people, but it did put out the rest of the fires. Today it is in the 50s and the snow is beginning to melt.

All of my Christmas décor is put away and so another Christmas has come and gone.  It reminds me of childhood, it disappears way too quickly.

Good luck with the weight loss, TS and HM. Those Paxil pounds will come come off, I bet, TS!

That's great news your eyesight keeps improving.  You are definitely on the right track with the treatment it seems.

NG

Hi AntiBenzo, that was my dog, Brinna. She died last summer after being diagnosed with gastrointestinal lymphoma.  She was fifteen, but we decided to try chemo to see if it would give her a little quality time, but it was not to be.  A week later, we took her for one last walk, gave her some very special treats ( a piece or three of a Costco blueberry muffin that she adored) had her quietly put to sleep, in my arms at home, by a vet service, that comes to families.  She was an amazing little Cairn Terrier, who was a retired show dog and has an album full of champion ribbons and pictures. 

Her first family thought she would be happier living out her years as an only dog and so we were given the wonderful opportunity of bringing her into our lives at the age of six. 

Your comment did give me something to smile about.

Thanks,

NG

AntiBenzo, that was probably tmi but I haven't talked about her much, recently. It was a bright light to see her mentioned.

Thanks!

NG

[f4...]