Sleep Quality Tracker started by Antibenzo7

[An...]

Good day TS,

I am happy your sleep is doing okay. Stay that way!

Your eye doesn't seem to want to get better. I hope the scan in a week gives some much needed answers. 

I wish the 9x a day eye drops would make a big difference.

You are getting along quite well with the Paxil taper. That's always good to hear.

Well, my sleep is what it is. I wish I had something better to report, but I don't. 

Last night was bad, as I could not get past feeling discouraged and fall sleep for more than an hour.

Acceptance is probably the key, but I'm not there yet

I've tried reading protracted posts, healed posts and neither have helped. This insomnia place leaves me feeling better than any other, so that is good. I don't even mind that you and some others do sleep.  At least someone is on here is.  We are all fighting our own battles and the comradery makes us what we are: "Friends."

Hello nightengale,

Thank you for your best wishes and kind words.

I do hope you slept better last night! You so deserve it.

You're right about acceptance.  But that can be hard to do. An attitude of indifference is often advised to make things seem smaller, but is easier said than done  too.

I feel what you mean about feeling at home in this group. We go back quite some time by now. Each one of us having their own issues.

We all must keep hoping fir better times to come.

Greetings.

TS

Good morning,

Last night I slept over seven hours. I awoke a few times, but always went back to sleep.

Yesterday I decided not to take any supplements, except for the probiotic.  Not sure that is why I slept so well after such a long period of time, but I will not take the Vitamin D or the protein supplement for now and see what happens.

I'm trying to enjoy the moment.

TS, I hope your week is going well and your eye is doing a little better.  You are so welcome of the fine words. They are well deserved.

Keep up the great paxil taper.

The trees are are mostly bare of their leaves. It was nice while it lasted. The wind is blowing what few leaves are left, to the wide open spaces.

Take care,

NG

Hi NG,

That's wonderful news! A very big CONGRATULATIONS!  :thumbsup:

We've had foggy conditions for almost the entire week. Boring..!

I've always had a strong dislike for this kind of November weather. O well, just have to sit it out. Roll on Spring!

Enjoy the rest of your Thursday. Sweet memories of last night 's sleep!  :D

TS

Hi TS, I hope the fog has moved out and the sun is shining your way. I agree that dreary weather is depressing.

Yesterday it was windy here, but today the wind is gone and the sun is shining.

It is below 0 C here this morning, so definitely chilly weather.

How is your eye doing? Your scan is coming up in another week or so. 

Last night I slept a good six hours, so I am happy.

I went another day without supplements, so perhaps I have discovered something valuable to better sleep.

It is an amazing feeling to be able to have the energy to get things done around here.

Take care,

NG

Hi nightengale,

Really happy for you having had another good night's sleep. Being rested because of that gives lots of energy.  Enjoy it!

This morning the fog had gone and the sun was out! Wow, what a blessing that was. Slowly but surely the clouds started to block the sun again. And we're back to dark and most weather. It was great while it lasted...

My eye is still the same. I can't tell wether it's improving or not,  the meds keep dilating the pupil which causes blurred vision. Hopefully

the inflammation has gone by now.

My feet have been killing me the last few days. I'm going to stop walking for a while. Sigh..!

Covid-19 is horrible again overhere. We're going into another lockdown, starting tomorrow. 

Hope your Friday is a good one!

Trochsetter

Hello everyone,

I think I only got in about 5 hours of sleep last night but it was deep restful sleep. For that, I am grateful.

Good to hear you got two nights of good sleep NG.

Enjoy your day everyone. I am going to  exercise a little on my stationary bike.

Hi AB,

Glad you slept so well! Good on you!

Doing some exercise is ok. You mind and body will tell you how much exercise you can do.

Stay strong.

TS

Good day everyone,

AntiB, that's good news you slept a deep restful sleep.  When that happens our bodies/brains typically spring back to life.

Enjoy that stationary bike ride.

TS. I didn't realize the eye medication you were using dilated the pupil. That would make it challenging to see properly.  I hope they find some answers soon.

Now your foot pain has come back. I hope rest helps.

That's not good the covid is ramping up there, this fall. Be safe. 

I received my covid booster shot, so hope if I do get sick, it won't be so bad.  No lock downs here, but the hospitals are becoming short on beds, so it is bad. 

Whenever I go to the grocery store, hardware store, or Costco, I wear a mask. The rules for masks went away last summer, except in medical settings. I decided it was nice last winter not ever catching a cold with everyone wearing masks, so that's why I'm wearing mine again. I do pull it off as soon as I am outside.

Last night my sleep was back to "normal." Towards morning, I did finally go back to sleep after the initial one hour at the begging of the night.

I still feel okay, but did not get up and walk or do any PT for my knee this morning.

Take care,

NG

Hey guys:)

My sleep has been all over the map. I have been off Xanax for about 2 weeks. Last night, I got about 3 hours. The night before, about 7 hours. I am able to "rest" better and better as time goes on but "sleep" is coming back VERY slowly.

HM

Hello HM,

Nice to see you back here on this board!

So glad you slept better a couple of nights.  Hopefully things will continue to improve.

How's the job hunt going? Any luck there?

Enjoy your Sunday.

TS

Hi TS,

I am in talks with a company about a software sales role that is remote. I hope I get it. It is perfect for me and my circumstances. My sleep IS slowly getting better, but it is going very, very slow. I had about 4 hours last night. Maybe 5 at best.

Hope you have a great day:)

Hi everyone,

Hope you slept well last night.

HM, 

Hopefully you'll find a nice job soon. Would be one less thing to worry about.

Today is 5 months since kicking Diazepam!  Yey!

Holding at 5 mgs of Paxil for the moment. At first tapering this seemed "easier" than the benzo, but lately things were getting harder.

Paxil is said to be be one of the worst AD's to get off of. No rush, so I 'm taking my time.

Still taking meds for my right eye. Next Monday I 'm having it scanned. Hopefully I 'm going to get a good outcome of that test.

Wishing us all a lovely day and good health.

Stay safe. Corona is really bad again.

Trochsetter

TS,

Congratulations on your 5 month anniversary! I have been off Xanax for about 2 1/2 weeks. Good riddance! I miss when it worked for me, but since it doesn't, I am glad to be rid of it. Most of my symptoms have resolved with the exception of sleep. I am just waiting for my sleep to come back. I got 3-ish hours last night. I got 7 hours a few nights ago. It's touch and go.

Have a great day!

HM

Good morning all,

The weekend is upon us once again. It is a lovely day with lots of sunshine. I did not venture out last night to see the moon eclipse.  It was a cloudless night, so was visible.  I just forgot!

My dermatologist put me on a prescription allergy medication, as I have had a rash on my legs.  The medication made me groggy, so on the first night I managed to sleep a good six-seven hours. The second night not so much, but last night I was back to a couple of hours. Meh

The rash is better. I may not take the allergy med tonight.

Thanksgiving is this coming Thursday and then Christmas. The year is winding down quickly.  I am trying to decide if I want to put up the big ole Christmas tree that needs to be decorated or the pop up tree that has everything on it.  Beings I am it for doing the Christmas decorations, I may opt for the already decorated pop up tree. Then there are the outside lights. Our son will volunteer to put those lights up, so that is good. I have so far taken them down. I'm just not sure if I am going to pull this off this year.

TS, I hope you are doing okay. I've read about the uptake of covid where you are. I wish this wasn't happening.

There's a lot more people getting sick and some even not surviving over here.

It is difficult to believe that a virus could cover the whole planet and people are still getting sick and dying. 

We've had our third booster shot and wear masks when we venture into busy stores. So far nothing has closed down.

I met with an investment counselor two days ago and no one in their office wore masks, as they had all had their vaccinations. It was refreshing to sit at a table mask less. 

HM, I hope you are sleeping better and found the perfect job. I wish you the best in this venture.

NG

TS, I am concerned about you, as it has been some time since you last posted. I hope you are okay.

Hopefully you are just hunkered down and waiting for the covid to pass.

NG

Hi nightengale,

It has indeed been a while since I last was onhere. Sorry about that. But nothing to worry about, thankfully. Just busy ( doing  nothing).

Glad your rash has gone! The good sleep was a great bonus!

Too early for me to start doing anything Christmassy. I think I 'll give it another week or two. Plenty of time.

Saw the eye-doctor on Monday and Tuesday. Had a lot of photos taken after having had a contrasing fluid injected . Today I had some additional scans done again, followed by the outcome of all this tests. Nothing awful going on inside my eye. So that's all OK. The imflammation was less, but still hasn't gone. So meds for another week or so. Next appointment early December. The doctor said she may have to have a university doctor take a look when things don't completely cure again.

I've been doing fine. Gone for a 30 minute bike ride almost every day. Walks are still painful, so I don't do many of those at the moment.

Yes, Corona numbers are skyrocketing at the moment.  Give people one finger and they'll take the whole hand. Rules had been less strict for a while and this is what you get. Really worrysome though. Hardly a hospitalbed available nationwide.

I took a Corona selftest twice in the last couple of weeks: negative both times.  So that's good. Being careful is key. Better safe than sorry.

Sleep is fine. In fact last week I overslept big time after the alarm malfunctioned! Woke up around 9.45 am! Wow!

Hope your sleep will return soon!

Be wise; stay safe!

Trochsetter

Hi all,

I hope you slept better.

HM,  did you get the job you were after? How is your sleep atm?

Today I 'm down to 4 mgs of Paxil. Slowly but surely getting there!

Wishing you all a pleasant Wednesday!

Stay safe!

Trochsetter

TS,

I did not get the job yet. They are calling me after Thanksgiving, so wish me luck! It is my dream job as I have social anxiety and this would let me work at home. My sleep has been kind of stable at averaging 4 to 5 hours a night for the last couple months. Last night was about 6. I get the occasional 7 hours and the occasional 2 or 3 hours. Insomnia is still my biggest symptom. Virtually all my other symptoms are gone. I could definitely use the money of this new job, so I hope I get it.

HM

Happy Thanksgiving for those who celebrate. I am not cooking the dinner for the first time in many years as we are going to our son and fiancee's. They are having 13 people.

I bought a small turkey and cooked up a typical TG dinner yesterday, so I can freeze some meals for when I am recovering from my knee replacement January 7th.  I need to have warm up foods, as I really don't feel like standing very long to cook meals from scratch.

On another note, I'm sleeping better again with the allergy medication. I hope it doesn't mess me up in any way.

My brain is a little foggy the nest day and I've been dreaming of of putting strange things in the fridge. LOL

The rash on my lower legs is better, so I'll taper off once the rash is totally gone.

TS, good to hear you are doing okay. That's good news there is nothing awful going on inside of your eye and the inflammation is less. University doctors are always good to see. They are up on the latest research and full of knowledge.

Keep riding that bike and take those self covid tests.  Covid is skyrocketing here, also. The hospitals are full, here also. My cousin and her husband both have the virus and he may not make it.

I'm glad you have been oversleeping! I wish you many more mornings of extra sleep!

NG

Good Thanksgiving day all.

I enjoy this holiday as there is only the meal to prepare. No gifts to buy, no house to decorate. I do have some fall things around the house and a fall wreath on the front door.

Decorating the house for Christmas was always a fun time, but since the kids are grown and gone, it has lost its luster. I still do it, but not as much.

My sleep keeps getting better on the hydroxyzine HCL. My rash continues to improve, with one or two outbreaks the last few days.

I am sleeping a good six plus hours this week, which is lovely.

NG

Hej  NG, hur mar du idag?  Grattis till din goda sömn! Fantastisk! : :D

You  can probably tell I 've been trying to learn some Swedish. I like how it sounds! It has quite a few English, German and Frisian words in it, so it does sound familiar now and then.

So glad your sleep is so much better! 6 hours is fantastic. Congratulations!  :thumbsup:

Happy Thanksgiving! Enjoy your dinner.

We don’t do Thanksgiving overhere. Last week there was "Dankdag voor gewas en arbeid" in some of our churches . Same thing, but without the need to slaughter any fowl.  :laugh:

I feel what you said about the Christmas decorations. The same goes for me. I haven't done up a tree for quite a few years now.

Don't really miss it either.

I went for a walk yesterday and again this morning. I wish I hadn’t. My feet were killing me again this afternoon ! I must learn to know when to stop...

Wishing you a very pleasant day and ...smaklik måltid...

Trochsetter

Good evening,

TS, I caught my breath when you started out in Swedish. I could read it all. You have done quite well! Bra jobbat

I was impressed.

We tend to push ourselves because we can, but sometimes there is a payback. I hope you can figure out a good balance, so your feet are happy. 

A few years ago I found a catalog with a pop up tree. I wanted it to take to my mother's when we spent Christmas with her and it worked out nicely. I tried to leave it with her, but she was past wanting a tree in her home.

Last year I used in my living room. It was perfect. I'll use it again this year.

Cute comparison of Thanksgiving and Dankdag voor gewas en arbeid. There are probably a lot of happy turkey's that live over there. ha

The day was pleasant, the company lovely, and the food was delicious.

NG

Hello everybody,

I hope you all slept well.

NG, thanks for your compliments on my Swedish. Mycket tack! And also thank you for some good advise on having to find my balance with exercise.

I remember you telling me you studied Swedish in order to understand your Swedish relatives. Did your mom speak it and did she teach you (some) when you were a child?

I love how you described yesterday in just one sentence.  It had a nice climax to it. Hopefully it ended in a great sleep.

HM,

Congrats on your 5 hours of sleep!

Did last night bring you even more? I really wish it did.

Today was a cold day: strong winds and moist cold ( just above freezing). Didn't walk or bike. Tonight might bring some first snow.

Enjoy your day and sleep well tonight!

TS

[f9...]