Sleep Quality Tracker started by Antibenzo7

[An...]

Hi HM,

That's the spirit!

How was sleep last night?

Mine was filled with silly dreams and early this morning with a bad cough. Ugh.

Today is a fine day: nice and sunny, hardly any wind. Took a bike tide to visit my aunt. Had an icecream this afternoon. Mowed the lawn.

No it's time to enjoy the evening.

Have a relaxing day everyone!

TS

Hi TS,

I was awake until 3:30am when I finally went to sleep for 3 or 4 hours and had really good dreams. Just out of stubbornness I lay in bed in the morning and daydream after I am awake. I am nit sure why I didn't get more sleep last night. This Benzo WD crap is not linear healing. I'm not as tired as I was yesterday. Sadly, I can't take the Vistaril to combat the extra anxiety. It makes me too tired.

HM

Hi HM,

Glad you had a few hours of sleep. 

Daydreaming can be so pleasant!

Yes, benzo wd is crazy. Sheer non-sense.

Sorry the Vistaril is making you tired. Some you win, some you loose...

Anxiety sucks big time. Perhaps a little extra exercise like walking  could benefit both sleep and anxiety.

All the best.

TS

Even though I stopped taking the Vistaril, I still feel the urge to lay down during the day, even though I know i won't go to sleep. Last night was rough. I was awake all night until the morning when I slept a couple hours. It was short sleep, but seemed deep. I hope so, anyway.

Happy Sunday:)

HM

Hello all,

I hope you slept well last night: that would be wonderful.

My sleep was good. I had to get up around 7, to put out the garbage. Went back to bed, turned off the alarm and slept until 9.15 am! Wow. Hadn’t planned that. Had a weird dream.

My right eye still isn't getting better. Not worse either.

I've put on weight - probably because of the Paxil. Always hungry, never 'full' for long. It's a well known side effect.  Still tall and slim, but developed a bit of a "belly". Don't like that at all!

I'm halfway in my taper this week and hope to finish it around the end of December. Hopefully the extra weight will come off after that.

Enjoy your Monday everybody!

TS

Good day all, it is a lovely fall day. I am ready for cooler weather. A friend from Canada said he bought a generator, as they lose their power quite often during the winter months. His theory is if he has the generator, the power probably will not go off. Either way he will stay warm.

We don't have generator, but we do have wood and a fire place. 

TS, so glad to hear you are still sleeping so well. Going back to sleep after taking the trash out was a definite plus! Keep it up! Glad your eye is not worse.  You will be off of the Paxil before you know it.  The extra weight should come back off after you are off of the meds. 

HM, hopefully your sleep is improving. The two hours wasn't much, but the deep sleep is important. 

My sleep has tanked again. Saturday we spent eight hours at our granddaughter's horse show. The busy day should have brought on a good night's sleep, but it did not. Last evening, we were invited to our son and his fiancée's for dinner and came home not too late, so I thought I would have no trouble sleeping.  That didn't turn out the way I thought, so here I am.

With less than an hour of sleep, I was going to not get up to walk, but then thought, at least I can do this, so I did.

Then I did the PT for my knee and sit ups. I don't feel half bad after some coffee this morning.

Take care everyone,

NG

Hello nightengale,

Glad you enjoyed a few pleasant outings. They can distract from our worries, which is so important

Sorry you hardly got any sleep. But, what can you do about it?

A big thumbs up for walking and doing physio!  :thumbsup:

Long live coffee. (even though I 'm a tea person.) 

Take care.

Trochsetter

NG, sorry to hear about your poor night of sleep. I have been there many times. After almost a month of 4+ hour nights (with a few 5 to 7 hour nights), I am back to 2 hour nights for the last 3 nights. I am getting ready to go train my legs at the gym so, hopefully, that will tire me out and help me sleep. It's so hard to drag myself to the gym on so little sleep but I know it's good for me so I do it.

Happy Monday, everyone,

HM

Good day all,

HM, enjoy the results of going to the gym. It is most difficult to do on so little sleep, but just doing it helps. 

Hang in there!

TS, I like tea, also, but really need to boost coffee gives in the morning. I used to drink tea later in the morning, but stopped for some reason. I do love the different kinds of teas.

My sleep is still less than I need/want, but as TS said, what can I do about it.  It really is time to enjoy each day and not worry about the little sleep I get.

NG

NG, What an excellent attitude you have about sleep. Mine wasn't great last night either but what can I do about it? Not much.

Have a great Tuesday,

HM

Hi all,

Hopefully your sleep was a lot better last night.

I slept really well, but had a silly dream again in the last hour of sleep. Glad the alarm woke me up.

Visited on friend from uni this morning. Went on my bike as it was lovely weather. A bit chilly at first, but still in shorts.

Taking it easy this afternoon. Enjoying just sitting in the garden catching some sunrays.

Wishing you all a lovely day!

TS

Ps. Halfway down my Paxil taper. Yey!

Good day all, It's a beautiful fall day, but a bit chilly outside. I have the furnace running this morning.

TS your day sounded quite nice with the bike ride and visiting with a friend.

Congratulations on being half way down on your Paxil taper! You are getting there.

HM, some days my attitude is better than others. LOL

It has helped that I've been doing more constructive things lately.

Last night my sleep was mostly gone. I did sleep a bit, but not nearly enough.

Take care everyone.

NG

I'm right there with you, NG. I slept a little but not nearly enough to feel rested and energized. I take a med for bipolar called risperidone and I quit taking it during the time I was sleeping better. I went back on it and have not been sleeping well since. It is strongly recommended that I take it to avoid a trip to the hospital but I value my sleep so I feel stuck in a tight spot.

I am going to stop it again and see if that truly is contributing to my insomnia. That is one of those drugs that you are supposed to wean off of slowly but I have stopped it cold turkey before and I just feel instantly better within a few days.

Have a great Wednesday everyone,

HM

Hi HM, I am typically suspect over meds, supplements, foods, or life's happenings when I don't sleep.

I hear you when you say it could be risperidone causing the insomnia.  Hopefully you will figure it out. Is there another medication that you could take instead of that one if it is the culprit?

Last night I slept for five hours with one wake up.  It was amazing! I had interesting dreams and probably some deep sleep. 

Then my husband woke me up at 2:30 am,  coughing and coughing.  That was it for the rest of the night. 

I opted not to get up this morning, to walk or do PT for some reason.

Anyway, I feel quite okay, though the rested feeling is not there. The only time I feel rested is when I take a nap in the afternoon and wake up from that. I have a period of feeling pretty amazing for a few hours, so I know what it feels like. 

Lately, I have not been able to take naps.

Anyway, I have a lot on my plate today, so will sign off.

Take care,

NG

NG,

Congrats on your 5 hours! I'm sorry you don't feel as rested as you'd like. I understand. I got 3 to 3.5 hours, which is better than the night before but still, obviously, not a ton of sleep. I didn't take the risperidone and I am not taking it today so I can see if I continue to sleep better. I haven't slept 5 hours in over a week. I hope there is another 5+ hour night coming up soon.

Have a great Thursday,

HM

Good day all,

HM, hopefully your sleep is improving.  Are you still not taking the risperidone?

My sleep was mostly gone last night. I slept an hour and that seemed to be it.  Oh well.

I got up and did my 30 min walk and then PT for my ever improving knee.

Yesterday we went to Lowe's and then to Home Depot. I pushed a shopping cart in the first store, but not the second one and did fine. Now I need to get with the orthopedic surgeon to do the 2nd knee replacement in January.  My new knee feels like a normal healthy knee, which what I needed.

Have a lovely Friday everyone.

NG

Hi NG,

I'm glad your replaced knee feels normal and I hope the other one goes just as smoothly. My dad had both of his knees replaced too. Sorry about your hour of sleep. I've been there.

I skipped the risperidone 2 days in a row. The first night, I slept 3.5 hours and then last night I slept 7 to 8 hours. I'm still very tired though and depressed.

I'm not supposed to go without the risperidone because I could have a bipolar episode but not taking it seems to help my sleep. I slept more last night than I have since before my taper. I hope it keeps up.

Have a Happy Friday, everyone,

HM

Hi everyone,

So there’s good and bad sleep. None or 8 hours. And all times in between.

I hope you're having a lovely restful weekend and really good nights!

Stay strong!

TS

Ps. My sleep is OK,  but no 2 nights are the same. My right eye is still giving me trouble. Seeing the eye-doctor next Monday.

Hi everyone,

So there’s good and bad sleep. None or 8 hours. And all times in between.

I hope you're having a lovely restful weekend and really good nights!

Stay strong!

TS

Ps. My sleep is OK,  but no 2 nights are the same. My right eye is still giving me trouble. Seeing the eye-doctor next Monday.

That's me, none or 8 hours.  Last night was a zero and feeling horrid this morning.

Good day all,

it is going to be quite nice out, if a bit warm for September. Cool weather is on the way. 

My sleep is has been mostly gone the last two nights. After initially going to sleep for an hour, then waking up and not going back to sleep for over three hours, I listened to a sleep hypnosis talk down on you-tube and did fall asleep until he stopped talking. meh

Restarted it and fell asleep again. Repeat. 

At least I slept some.

HM, that's great you slept 7-8 hours. the 3.5 hours not so good.  Sorry you are tired and depressed.  Hopefully you can get the sleep and medication worked out.

TS, sorry your sleep is up and down.  I wish you good results with the eye doctor on Monday. 

NG

TS, Sorry your eye is bothering you. I hope the eye Dr. can help you and it resolves soon.

NG, Sorry about your broken sleep but glad you were able to get some sleep and that the sleep talk helped you.

I didn't fall asleep for 3.5 to 4 hours and then finally slept 5 to 6 so I was in bed a long time. As usual, I had great dreams that I didn't want to end. I am anxious, again, this morning. I keep saying it, I know, but I wish Xanax worked for me. I wish I could take it right now and pass out for another 3 hours. I miss the days of Xanax working to take my anxiety away.

I'm holding at .12mg per day.

Have a great Saturday,

HM

Hi,

Sage Hill, sorry you didn't sleep.  I hope you're going to feel better soon! Sleep well tonight!

NG and HM,  wishing you better sleep tonight.

NG,  my sleep is good, but different than it was. At the moment I wake up for a bathroom visit around 3 am, last week it was around 5 am. The week before that some nights around 7. But thankfully I go back to sleep again almost straight away.

TS

That's me, none or 8 hours.  Last night was a zero and feeling horrid this morning.

It sounds like if you can manage to fall asleep, you will stay asleep for the night, so that's good. I have a LOT of nights with broken few hours of sleep where I sleep and wake up with hours in between.

Hope your Saturday is going well,

HM

It sounds like if you can manage to fall asleep, you will stay asleep for the night, so that's good. I have a LOT of nights with broken few hours of sleep where I sleep and wake up with hours in between.

Hope your Saturday is going well,

HM

I've had lots of broken nights as well. Lots of 3-5:00 wake-ups where I couldn't get back to sleep.  But just lately, I've been able to go back to sleep after the wake-ups on the nights I actually sleep.  It's those 0 nights that are killing me.

[f3...]